• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MasterWarlord's Make Your Move 4 Story Mode: Master Hand's Royal Flush

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
There are only 3 Warcraft games, and the 3rd one is the only one that really matters. . .I haven't even touched the first two and I'm obsessed with the series.

I was saying I'd rather have Warcraft 4 come out then SSB4.

Notice how I kept the focus more on the Kremlings in the SSE? I'm a big fan of K. Rool and the kremlings in general. Most of the kongs outside the ones I included are somewhat "Meh", albeit the ones I did include I'm a fan of. . .But they pale in comparison to the kremlings.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I've played Warcraft 3 as well. Even though I got ripped off on the Battle Chest and my Frozen Throne upgrade didn't have a usuable code.... I still enjoyed it.

Its far from my favorite series ever, but its fun to turn on the quick building and unlimited resources cheat codes and watch pure mayhem happen.

Night Elves are my favorite team by far (fighting buildings ftw!)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Dear Lord! Kleever! Actually the only DK boss I really liked and never saw returning!

You, Sir, are absolutely awesome now. Even as someone who isn't a real DK fan I liked the new chapter a lot. Not to mention the rest of the story! ^-^
Your writing style is really nice, something I already gathered by your MYM 3-SSE. You have a real nice grip of your language, and make everything go smooth. Not to mention that your envisions and interpretations of characters are always so extremely accurate.

I can't wait for the next chapter to be released.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Great SSE so far.
You had references (at least picture wise) to Sonic The Hedgehog 2, so that's great for me, being a massive Sonic 2 fan.

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
Just finished reading what you've wrote so far, and it's simply amazing! Nothing short of epic, that's for sure. :D I'm a big fan of the DKC cartoon, and I think this is a great homage to it. The fact that Ken's in it makes it even cooler. Hope to see more!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Heehee, another strong chapter/act/whatever. Why didn't you just call these all different chapters? Whatever.

I loved how you made Pokemon trainer and Pikachu team up. And I'm still laughing at the Ice Climbers comic.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
On the naming thing, it's just that all these acts will interact a considerable bit and are building up to a finisher for the chapter, while chapter 1 is off on it's own. It'd probably be better if I could call the acts chapters. . .But then what would I call the chapters? Just. . .Parts?

Funny you mention PT and Pikachu as a highlight, I didn't give Pikachu much screen time of it actually doing anything at all notable. . .As a matter of fact nothing until the end when it Skull Bashed Giratina.

As far as actually teaming them up, I found it somewhat of a no brainer to give Pikachu to the PT with no explanation necessary.

Thanks for reading/commenting.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Yay, a Pokemon act. This new addition was awesome, and I'm not saying that because you included two of my characters (although their roles were pretty sweet). Thanks, and your SSE will definitely be the longest. I am impressed. I especially thought the Breloom thing was pretty funny.

*goes to play Pokemon Snap*

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Really awesome SSE Warlord. A really lol'd at Ken's part.

And seriously? Gaara is going to be included too? Awesome. Thanks.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That was fantastic. Seriously.

That whole act or chapter or whatever it was was just epic. The thing that I love about your SSE in particular is that you think of such interesting scenarios for fights and levels, it all just seems to fall into place. When that 100-Munchlax with apples fight started up...

Anyway, Snorlax was pretty awesome, and I love how you incorporated the Munchlaxes and their mini-moveset and mechanic. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that Zant was perfectly in-character, too.

I may as well mention it now, if you want to incorporate it into the SSE or if you just wanna know; I'm thinking Zant's gonna have a sub-mechanic with a few attacks that create patches of Twilight Realm on the stage. While he's in them, he's using his two swords, like in his boss fight, and foes are a bit slower and weaker. That's the rough outline, anyway.

So... what's the next act gonna be about? :p

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Would you believe me if I told you chapter 2 is gonna have six bloody acts? I'm apparantely only half done here with this massive section. Anyway, the next act actually directly picks up from where the last one left off for a change. Read the last cinematic again and guess what happens.

I figured you'd particularly enjoy the implementation of the Munchlaxes. I considered making one actually playable. . .But it's not an actual moveset and I feel satisfied with their current implementation.

And on Zant's mechanic, I'd be happy to learn of it just for the sheer epicness of it, and it'd be a shame if Zant had such an interesting mechanic and I didn't incorporate it. Zant's gonna show up in a lot of acts with relatively minor playable roles. . .But he's gonna get a good amount of screen time.

Glad you enjoyed it, I hope you'll look forward to the next one. Now I just have to iron out the outline now that one of the movesets that was gonna be in it was cut. . .

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This project is so epic and massive. Great new act. 6 acts?! How many chapters will there be?!

And for the lolz, Ken should have to fight in an unfair environment, as this is what screwed his chances of winning Evo. He actually doesn't mind items that much.

THIS SHOULD BE THE NEW ROYAL FLUSH THEME.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Mewtwo should make a surprise appearance. (this does not mean i like mewtwo. Hes my least favourite legendary.

Mewtwo is angry for being left out from brawl and being given really BAD stats in meele like light and slow. He thinks everbody hates him. He appears in front of you and wants to destroy all of you and be top tier, better than MK. He challenges MK to a deathmatch in which MK accepts.

Music: Pokefloats: meele (unless you have a better idea.)

Mewtwo will float and teleport in a way like tabuu and has a attack pattern similar but different moves.

Moves:
He could have a move that he telepathically moves the ground below you and atempts to sky KO you.
He creates green pannels to lift the stony floor below you with ease.Higher diffuculty the pannels move up faster.

Shadow ball. He floats and shoots little balls at you. Does 5-12 damage.

Telekinesis. He holds you with psychic powers and do escape you wiggle the joystick. Like master hands grab but the ONLY way to dodge is to ground dodge. can be forseen when his eyes glow blue and after 1.23seconds.

Mind trick. He cancells out two of your B moves for 4-17 seconds. Does no damage and is dogeable.

Tail smash. After one of his teleports, he may come behind you and hit you with his tail. has high horozontal range.

Disable. Sends out a wave and if it hits it turns you into metal and makes you slow for 3-8 seconds. If it hits he evil laughs. The wave similar to the one that sonic lets off when he returns to normal after his FS but it can come from the height depending on where mewtwo is.

This is form 2. Form 1 is the same as fighting a meele mewtwo but with the brawl rules.

Then mewtwo falls on the floor and does his star ko cry from meele.

Has 300-1490 HP.

After the fight, mewtwo joins up with you as he was corrupted an should this fit in with your story. Somehow. Please acknowledge my idea, somehow. Make changes as you wish.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is easily my favorite Pokemon and he's one of the overdone movesets, so he's getting a playable role. This SSE is for the most part serious so I'm not going to make characters go OOC over things that didn't canonically happen (Such as being cut from games and being bottom tier). However, I still might have a MK vs Mewtwo match for the irony of tiers towards the end.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I am going to have nightmares of Jenga tonight. Thank You.

In other news, I absolutley loved the Kirby section. The Halberd quotes were epic, and I wasn't expecting Heavy Lobster to show up so soon. One thing though: you never actually explained Aeon getting the Halberd, Master Hand just mentions it.

[Rhetorical question]Why is Aeon always doing unexplained things in SSEs?[/Rhetorical question]

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I am going to have nightmares of Jenga tonight. Thank You.

In other news, I absolutley loved the Kirby section. The Halberd quotes were epic, and I wasn't expecting Heavy Lobster to show up so soon. One thing though: you never actually explained Aeon getting the Halberd, Master Hand just mentions it.

[Rhetorical question]Why is Aeon always doing unexplained things in SSEs?[/Rhetorical question]
Level 46: Invading the Halberd said:
The battle is still raging on, and Aeon sees how badly the other minions are handling it. He looks at the unplayable characters with disgust, but looks at Cortex, Tiny, and N. Trance while rubbing his chin, deciding that their battle skills are decent enough to prove useful to his cause. He pulls them aside from the battle and motions for them to come along with him, deciding that the battle isn’t worth his time, it already having served it’s purpose of killing off those who would only be “weeds” to him. Spyro sees this and runs after them for the other characters to eventually stop the fight with the other minions and also join the chance. Cortex’s minions try to catch up to their newfound master as well, fighting with the other characters as they run along, slowing them down. Aeon and the remainder of his group get to the top of the castle, coming out the roof, for Meta Knight’s ship, the halberd, to happen to be flying by. Aeon jokingly says “Perfect timing!” and jumps onto the ship, Cortex, Tiny, and N. Trance following his example. The other characters then shortly after get onto the rooftop to be too far away from the halberd.
Yeah, it's a bit understandable you didn't catch that in the massive walls of text. Hard to absorb everything.

I was trying to put a lot into that Janga vs Guntz conflict. Glad you got some enjoyment out of this monster. I figured the halberd dialogue would be a nice break after the walls of text and something for non Crash Bandicoot fans to obsess over.

Many thanks for reading.:)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Well, here I am. :bee:

This chapter was also immensely enjoyable. Your levels are getting more and more specialized and interesting, just from looking at Zazu's animal counting and Cortex adventuring through a Crash level alone. The whole Halberd thing was obviously the most interesting to me, and I really enjoyed it, hilarious as it is. I'm partial to the captain, myself, and have been ever since I played the game, and he's really in-character.

Using Alt. Costumes of Cortex or Tiny to fill in for other characters was a fantastic idea, even though it feels like you're sort of stretching to try to get a few more characters in. Especially with Crash. Making the main character of the franchise a boss was kinda weird, but it works out pretty well. If only somebody had made him a moveset, you'd have yourself a lot more to write about in this section. Nevertheless, you filled it in pretty well, and I'd like to see more of these alt. costume characters later on, very much.

Zant's role was fitting, and pretty cool. It's nothing really fascinating, but I'm still happy with how you're using him. When's me Horseman gonna make his reappearance, though? I love that little guy. Oh yeah, and Kawasaki's little mention was great stuff. Thanks for that. Is he going to make an appearance later? I'd assume no, because you've already done the Kirby chapter.

And one more thing: you're going to have an Aladdin chapter or at least section, right? YOU'D BETTER! *shakes fist*

Interesting stuff. So you ARE making Zasalamel (hehe, spelled it right without looking) later in the contest? I didn't know you'd confirmed that. Anyway, I look forward to the next chapter.

Merry Christmas! :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Well, here I am. :bee:

This chapter was also immensely enjoyable. Your levels are getting more and more specialized and interesting, just from looking at Zazu's animal counting and Cortex adventuring through a Crash level alone. The whole Halberd thing was obviously the most interesting to me, and I really enjoyed it, hilarious as it is. I'm partial to the captain, myself, and have been ever since I played the game, and he's really in-character.
I personally think this was quite possibly my best chapter - A shame there wern't more Crash characters to include to make it do justice to more actual MYM 4 movesets. :dizzy: I'm doing my best to try to include unique levels to make this SSE more then something a chore to be played for the cutscenes to remove the complaints about the Brawl SSE being bland.

The Halberd Conversations wern't planned, but I just had a brilliant hit of inspiration at the last second. I originally was just going to write up the text. . .But that would just be another wall of text. This is a perfect chance to catch people's attention and give them a break from mass text! I've always had fond memories of Kirby Super Star and the captain as well. . .I'd of included the Waddle Dee, but I couldn't find his neutral sprite. Only the one with the sweat drop.

Using Alt. Costumes of Cortex or Tiny to fill in for other characters was a fantastic idea, even though it feels like you're sort of stretching to try to get a few more characters in. Especially with Crash. Making the main character of the franchise a boss was kinda weird, but it works out pretty well. If only somebody had made him a moveset, you'd have yourself a lot more to write about in this section. Nevertheless, you filled it in pretty well, and I'd like to see more of these alt. costume characters later on, very much.
I've been doing that since my old Supreme Realm SSE (Which did get completed, just didn't get posted here) for a long while. I'm always eager to include as many characters as I can, whether or not in moveset form, and making ones with similiar body structures alt costumes is all the better. Like I said earlier, I really wish there were more Crash characters, but my Warp Room stage was a decent excuse to include N. Brio, N. Gin, Ripper Roo, Dingodile and N. Tropy. Crunch was somewhat thrown in there, but I purposefully thought the main character being a boss would be funny and ironic, especially considering the only playable Crash characters were villians.

Zant's role was fitting, and pretty cool. It's nothing really fascinating, but I'm still happy with how you're using him. When's me Horseman gonna make his reappearance, though? I love that little guy. Oh yeah, and Kawasaki's little mention was great stuff. Thanks for that. Is he going to make an appearance later? I'd assume no, because you've already done the Kirby chapter.
I'm finally getting to the point where characters are actually starting to recur from previous chapters and I'm getting really excited about that. And don't worry about Zant not getting too much spotlight yet -- he's getting a nice section dedicated to him. Kawasaki's reference I thought was a nice easter egg for you. . .And I still fully intend to include him as a character. The 1st chapter was kinda crowded anyway, it'll be fine with him showing up later, and I fully intend to make use of his mechanics. Oh, and the Horseman and his little group are going to show up again in the next chapter. Time for his vengeance on Kamek.;)

And one more thing: you're going to have an Aladdin chapter or at least section, right? YOU'D BETTER! *shakes fist*
Yep, it's still gonna be there, don't you worry. If anything I'm worried about having it be TOO focused on the Aladdin characters and there not being enough new playable characters in it somewhat like this chapter and it's like of Crash movesets. Rest assured, it's coming, and it's coming soon.

Interesting stuff. So you ARE making Zasalamel (hehe, spelled it right without looking) later in the contest? I didn't know you'd confirmed that. Anyway, I look forward to the next chapter.
. . .With this insanely huge SSE which is quite possible that could be 4X as long as my MYM 3 SSE, I doubt I'll get around to them, but if it does get done, I won't hesitate to do him and BB (He's also on the list). I considered it not too big of an issue seeing Cortex and Tiny and Dimentio were in my MYM 3 SSE and I thought I was gonna make them then, but they ended up not showing up until MYM 4.

Merry Christmas! :bee:
Merry Christmas to you too. Thanks for the present of sorts. Detailed feedback is always nice. :laugh:

Smady

Smash Master
I'm up to 'Battle 13' and am finding it interesting so far - very long, so I'm giving up until another day.

The scenarios you've invented are very interesting and fit into Smash, the humour is very off-the-wall and unique; I have reads lots of 'facepalms' or 'hands on hips' already. The Krakon boss fight area has probably been my favourite so far, although a certain few of your characterisations [The King, Wario] have also been interesting. I liked how you didn't turn Wario into a joke like the real SSE.

Will finish another time. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I\'m up to \'Battle 13\' and am finding it interesting so far - very long, so I\'m giving up until another day.

The scenarios you\'ve invented are very interesting and fit into Smash, the humour is very off-the-wall and unique; I have reads lots of \'facepalms\' or \'hands on hips\' already. The Krakon boss fight area has probably been my favourite so far, although a certain few of your characterisations [The King, Wario] have also been interesting. I liked how you didn\'t turn Wario into a joke like the real SSE.

Will finish another time. :)
I have never been fond of what happened to Wario in Warioware, I liked the treasure hunter that could be taken somewhat seriously over the randomness that is the microgames inc. Wario. Only natural I focused more on the treasure hunter aspect, and there\'s still plenty of room for comic gold what with Wario\'s greed and ego.

Thanks for reading, more then understandable you were not able to read this monster in one sitting.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yo, just one small suggestion: In the Pokemon chapter, Charizard was the only of the three PT Pokemon to make a cutscene appearance. While this is understandable, because he is the only one of the three that fit the roles you added, Squirtle and Ivysaur should be used with PT next time. Just pointing this out.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I love your SSE also with the part with the characters pictures with the ddd and MK conversation.
Thank you!:) Looks like the Halberd conversations are a big favorite of everyone.

Yo, just one small suggestion: In the Pokemon chapter, Charizard was the only of the three PT Pokemon to make a cutscene appearance. While this is understandable, because he is the only one of the three that fit the roles you added, Squirtle and Ivysaur should be used with PT next time. Just pointing this out.
That's a good thing to take a note of. I'll be sure to give Squirtle and Ivysaur some screen time also. Squirtle's already got some guaranteed screen time in the future though, seeing all the characters are going into the sea.

I've begun work on chapter 6.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That Chapter was EPIC, man.

I'm really envious about your writing skills, MasterWarlord. I love how you put in Guntz' and Janga's dispute, even though you made me even go "Eeeek! Borderline! Borderline!" about that picture of Butz in the porn mag. ^^"

I also enjoyed the Kirby parts, and I love how you're using Aeon as a villain, being all mighty and such.

Again, great work. I'm glad skilled writers like you and HR enjoy my SSE... Speaking of which, I should get to work on Chapter 4, myes...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You said Peter Pan was added back in the topic, right? Didn't see him on the list yet.

*+1 to royal flush*

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
That Chapter was EPIC, man.

I'm really envious about your writing skills, MasterWarlord. I love how you put in Guntz' and Janga's dispute, even though you made me even go "Eeeek! Borderline! Borderline!" about that picture of Butz in the porn mag. ^^"

I also enjoyed the Kirby parts, and I love how you're using Aeon as a villain, being all mighty and such.

Again, great work. I'm glad skilled writers like you and HR enjoy my SSE... Speaking of which, I should get to work on Chapter 4, myes...
I had a feeling I might've been going too far with that. . .:dizzy: But at least it's borderline and not over the border, aye?:chuckle: Anyway, glad you liked their roles, I put a lotta work into em.

You said Peter Pan was added back in the topic, right? Didn't see him on the list yet.

*+1 to royal flush*
He's on it now along with a non guest Junahu moveset. There are a few more who may be added, but I'm not sure yet, and I've only got 125 bloody characters. . .

CHAPTER 6 IS UP

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
That was a great chapter Warlord. Michael's roll was good, but I never pictured him as a facepalming mentor to the pathetic Pit. Still, you gotta love facepalming angels lol.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
O NOES THEY TOOK TINK'S SOUL! D:

But dude...it was epic. Fantastic job. I can't wait for the rest; this is shaping up to be even better than your MYM 3 SSE OPS.

I'm so excited!!!
With this chapter it's officially longer then my MYM 3 SSE. . .Then again it was already in chapter 5. . .Maybe even chapter 4.:p

Glad you liked the chapter.:bee:

When I look back at my MYM 3 SSE I'm apalled at how short it seems now. :psycho:

It's O'CHUNKS

Super huge work as always, War. I can tell you have alot of fun writing these. It sucks that it can't be a real game.
O'SHI-

You know me. Warlord's the name, detail's the game. Yeah, if I didn't like making these things up there's no way I'd spend so many hours sitting on my arse when I could be doing something productive like school. Wait, how is that more productive?:p

I'm hoping to become a game designer, not a programmer, so all my experience here can actually be put to use. :bee:

That was a great chapter Warlord. Michael's roll was good, but I never pictured him as a facepalming mentor to the pathetic Pit. Still, you gotta love facepalming angels lol.

First off thanks for commenting the chapter. On Michael's roll. . .I figured he'd be the more reserved type to not facepalm, but facepalming is the only way I can show annoyance when I have little to no dialogue, just occassionalls one liners. Unless you want him to have an anime sweat drop. . .Not much I can do.

I've got Ashencroft's role planned out. He'll have a big 'un. :chuckle:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
When you said it had 125 characters, I thought this was gonna be something more than a bunch of Mario Characters. Oh well, was still a fun read.

for some reason, seeing Captain Hook be a boss made me lol. Also surprising to see Cervantes show up, though it did fit.

'tis a good thing I never planned on trying to outdo you, otherwise I would have given up and canceled Playing God a long time ago.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Great stuff, Warlord. I couldn't imagine how you'd pull off a Yoshi character with a grand total of TWO characters, but you made it work by sprinkling in some other characters, and still captured the feel (and Paper Mario, too, which is even better). I really enjoyed The Horseman's role, and how he's right on the line between comic character and serious villain.

Very fun chapter. How many bosses was that, though? I think I counted three??? Wow, maybe I should get going on putting some bosses in mine, or they'll all be taken before I do. The levels were as unique and interesting as ever.

Oh, and.... ARGH YOU PUT CERVANTES IN A ROLE SIMILAR TO WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO CURSE YOU DETAIL NAZI!!!!!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
When you said it had 125 characters, I thought this was gonna be something more than a bunch of Mario Characters. Oh well, was still a fun read.

for some reason, seeing Captain Hook be a boss made me lol. Also surprising to see Cervantes show up, though it did fit.

'tis a good thing I never planned on trying to outdo you, otherwise I would have given up and canceled Playing God a long time ago.
Well. . .I just got the official roster up to a nice number and felt like using it to advertise when Cruxis said he couldn't deal with more then 30 characters. :chuckle:

Captain Hook was made by Tanookie along with Peter Pan, so I can't take the credit for that. Having a free boss once in a while is always a nice break.

Nonsense, you're more then equal competition. Chapter 2 was amazing. Wondered where I got the idea for chapter 6 from?

But seriously, I'd already planned to do Yoshi's Island/Mt. Lavalava before you posted that chapter.:ohwell: Chapter 7 should show the maassiveness of my roster well though.:bee:

Yay for nobody noticing!:bee:

I'm just glad we took different enough approaches with it. Thank god you didn't use Lava Piranha.

Great stuff, Warlord. I couldn't imagine how you'd pull off a Yoshi character with a grand total of TWO characters, but you made it work by sprinkling in some other characters, and still captured the feel (and Paper Mario, too, which is even better). I really enjoyed The Horseman's role, and how he's right on the line between comic character and serious villain.

Very fun chapter. How many bosses was that, though? I think I counted three??? Wow, maybe I should get going on putting some bosses in mine, or they'll all be taken before I do. The levels were as unique and interesting as ever.

Oh, and.... ARGH YOU PUT CERVANTES IN A ROLE SIMILAR TO WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO CURSE YOU DETAIL NAZI!!!!!
So who's the second Yoshi character. . .? Kamek?

In any case I really view Yoshi as a chance to give Mario an extra chapter on Yoshi's Island/Lavalava Island, as it's apparantely another series, according to the crazy mind of Sakurai. Will Mario recieve an actual chapter? Probably not considering the Mario characters are all introduced. I always go and write awkward first chapters.:dizzy:

Glad you enjoyed the Horseman's role, that's sort of what I was aiming for. Serious. . .But can be comic if his head is taken advantage of.

Yep, three bosses, although one of them wasn't my creation. All these free bosses are making things a lot easier. . .For chapter 5 all I had to make was Crash.:bee:

Well. . .Cervy showed up in his ship, stole somebody's soul, and lost it just as quick as he got it. That's not exaclty top o' the line originality. Cervy had a minor role in this chapter like Sync, just appearing as an enemy briefly. Their main roles will be later, and with a case of MW bias, you can only guess what Cervy will get to do.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I'm hoping to become a game designer, not a programmer, so all my experience here can actually be put to use. :bee:

Same here. You got it down pack then. But when I make an SSE, I make it in the form that I am writing a play rather than a game. But when you put it in your style, it makes alot more sense. Perhaps I should focus more on the gameplay while maintaining the art of the roleplay. As an aspriing game designer, you already have gaming ideas written down or at least typed in your PC. You can't hide that, mate. XD

Top Bottom