• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness: Ranking Battle 1/15

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
There's a few more sets recorded as well actually, including multiple money matches between KDJ and th0rn. Brookman vs me, and Yedi vs me were recorded as well.

I have one important thing to say about this tournament.

TONY HAWK UNDERGROUND GUY.
We should play smash sometime? And THUG?

Everyone should join us?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yeah um can GU not afford heat or something? Can we take 10% of the pot and add get some freaking heat during the tourney lol
Heat-wise, this isn't the worst venue I've been to. Zao/Ace would remember the sketchy warehouse that was the same temperature inside as outside in the middle of December.

Anyway, I'm sure someone could find a space heater or something for cheap.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
****ing cold as ice. If you're going to leave the door open, put me in a pool no where near it.

Good tourney though.
-DD

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
WOAHHH

who wanna MM me at tony hawks pro skater??? I use to run that game...

BRING IT
If it's Tony Hawk's Underground, I will take you up on that offer :)
How much for MM?

Elen, I am having a Smashfest very soon, I would be quite happy if you showed up :D

Elen

Smash Lord
How much for MM?

Elen, I am having a Smashfest very soon, I would be quite happy if you showed up :D
Keep me updated ^^ I'm busier than I'd like to be, but I try to make it out every now and then :p

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Mmmmmhm... That tournament was so freaking good.
Shout Outs:
KDJ: Fun friendlies, fun having you in R2 Pools. Great matches. At least I got one. :D
Banks: He's famous.
Matt.Zeb: Nice work, man. This was a great tournament. With a truck load of people. Keep it up!
Elen: Damn it, I didn't get to play you. Next time!
KevinM: Fun matches. Even if they were short.
WeaponX: Thanks for leaving! That meant I could get out of R1 Pools!

And everyone else. Let's do this again real soon.

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
Shout outs to the Wpi Crew (kevinm,zoso, darkdragoon,andrew,hailey, and especially that Wack ***** YEDI(whos probably looking at the results thread everyday just to see his beast as placing in the tourny) happy for my dude good stuff and shoutouts to everyone i played and meet at the tourney all you guys are real *****s

And Shout outs to That Cool Crew (Mattdotzeb and Brookman) you guys made my day 100x Better :)!!! Def getting up next time!!

O yeah shoutouts to that insane tony Hawk skater guy that was ****in NuttZ!! best way to leave the tourney

So Fatal

Smash Master
How much for MM?

we will start with $5 best 2/3.

No reset grinds

and thug it is, I wouldn't want to ruin your dreams in 4 or 3 :3 . Im also a brawler so I probably wouldn't go to any Melee fests but we shall meet eventually.

terranoia

Smash Cadet
Good ****, everyone.
For my ... (third?) tournament, not too bad.

Good ****, WPI.

Mafia - Thanks for the tips
DD - Although we play everyday, we managed to play at the tourney as well, hah
Clone guy from Wentworth - Good MMs. Again?
HaileyM & Heather - <3
Stanley - Good ****!
Zoso - I love you.
Arc - You're the man. Come visit WPI soon!
Proskater - WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? So nuts.
Octave - Grappling lessons. Also, you should come to WPI as well!
Ryu - You could've kept my controller if you like it more. Lol
KevinM - One day, young grasshopper, you will defeat me.

Spife

Smash Master
shout outs

1: KoreanDJ - didn't play
2: th0rn - didn't play
3: Elen - didn't play
4: Yedi - didn't play
5: KevinM - didn't play
5: Brookman - didn't play
7: Kyu Puff - didn't play
7: Zoso - didn't play
9: MattDotZeb - didn't play
9: Banks - didn't play
9: Arc - didn't play
9: AOI - didn't play
13: Jinjo - didn't play
13: SOLAR - didn't play
13: Tiger10x - didn't play
13: Mafia - didn't play
17: Andy - didn't play
17: Diesel - didn't play

every one else - didn't play

all in all fun tourny.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
brookman!

i'm gonna harass the **** outta you until you upload those kdj videos lol
Don't be gay.

No reset grinds

and thug it is, I wouldn't want to ruin your dreams in 4 or 3 :3 . Im also a brawler so I probably wouldn't go to any Melee fests but we shall meet eventually.
You are gonna get ****ed up.

Proskater

Smash Apprentice

No reset grinds

I'm a *****, I DT. Never got into the style/no DT really.
It's pointless to do a points/graff MM without DT. I mean we could, and I'd probably win; but typically if you're not DTing, it's a competition of improv/style.

So I will be resetting my grinds, BSing, Wallshuffling, and TH4bping (I'll assume you know what all of that means) and since we can both do these things, I don't see why it isn't fair. I have always DT'd and I always will, I really don't care if people say it's "Noobish" or w/e, I can do things that no Prov/Stylers can do.

Did you play online? If so - tag/clan?

Edit: I don't expect Tony Hawk to know anything about this game. lol

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
Next time I am at a smash event (Most likely HoG3) I will bring THUG and my TV and I will play on request if anybody wants to learn about advanced tech, glitches (Useful and/or silly, there's so many), game history, epic stories, or any other random **** (I know quite a bit about this game) they can sit down with me :)

Also there will be THUG set up at any smashfest/tourney that I host (I see this happening within the next 2 weeks.)

Edit: I <3 Axelslam

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Joe, you're so good.

This was a fun tourney. I feel like I got exactly what I wanted out of it, even though I didn't place that well.

So Fatal

Smash Master
I'm a *****, I DT. Never got into the style/no DT really.
It's pointless to do a points/graff MM without DT. I mean we could, and I'd probably win; but typically if you're not DTing, it's a competition of improv/style.

So I will be resetting my grinds, BSing, Wallshuffling, and TH4bping (I'll assume you know what all of that means) and since we can both do these things, I don't see why it isn't fair. I have always DT'd and I always will, I really don't care if people say it's "Noobish" or w/e, I can do things that no Prov/Stylers can do.

Did you play online? If so - tag/clan?

Edit: I don't expect Tony Hawk to know anything about this game. lol
It was funny lolz. dt is noobish, it resets the balance.. slightly lol but I'll play with on and I wanna TA best 2/3

I use to be in F8

I havnn't playd in a while so i request some warmups first

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
some nice beef lookin like outback steakhouse up in here

Shoutouts to my pools, ggz to all except for Dave who just apparently doesn't want to play me ever and would rather play SF. :p Also anybody I played friendlies with ggz. Special shoutout to KDJ for coming and ****** in friendlies and just being awesome, good to see you again.

Brookman

Smash Hero
It was funny lolz.edge hogging is noobish, it resets the invincibility.. slightly lol but I'll play with on and I wanna TA best 2/3

I use to be in F8

I havnn't playd in a while so i request some warmups first
sirlin.net said:
". . .In reality, the “scrub” has many more mental obstacles to overcome than anything actually going on during the game. The scrub has lost the game even before it starts. He’s lost the game even before deciding which game to play. His problem? He does not play to win.

The scrub would take great issue with this statement for he usually believes that he is playing to win, but he is bound up by an intricate construct of fictitious rules that prevents him from ever truly competing. . . .

. . .The first step in becoming a top player is the realization that playing to win means doing whatever most increases your chances of winning. That is true by definition of playing to win. The game knows no rules of “honor” or of “cheapness.” The game only knows winning and losing.. . "

yep .

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
<3 Mike.

<3 Stephen, Dave, Mafia, New England Winter

lol @ F8, I've never heard of it. Anyone of merit in that clan?

I was in $muG, I'm sure you've heard of us :)

Edit: p.s. MattDotZeb tourney was pretty much perfect, very very good job.

So Fatal

Smash Master
comparing edge hogging to Doubletapping in THUG LMAO..

edge hogging did not break Smash. Doubletapping RUINED THUG competitive wise. the two are incomparable..

Doubletapping in Melee would be like... hitting a certain button combo to remove 10% off your damage count and being able to do it as much as you want.

never herd of that either...

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
It just allows for extended game play. Comparing it to damage in melee is even more ridiculous than comparing it to edge hopping. EVERYONE can do it, so if you are just saying that you worse than I am with using it, that's fine. I will accept that.

If DTing was something that only I could do, I would accept it being unfair. Everyone can do it, therefore it is not unfair, it is part of the game. There are things in every game that people declare "cheap" or "noobish" but in the end, you're going to do whatever you need to do to win. You're going to choose the most useful tactic. OMG CC SHINE WITH FALCO IS SO NOOBISH DONT USE IT EVEN THOUGH IT MAKES YOU WIN!!1!11

edit: Seeing that you have not even heard of $muG you are not worthy of a MM. Good day to you sir.

So Fatal

Smash Master
everyone can wallbomb stall with peach on FOD but do they do it? No it's banned.

OF COURSE it allows for extended gameplay BECAUSE IT RESETS THE BALANCE

THERES a reason why it's only in THUG and not any other tittle.

It's just really dumb but since you complained about it, I don't really care anymore

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
everyone can wallbomb stall with peach on FOD but do they do it? No it's banned.
No, only peach can do it, and not everyone is peach.

OF COURSE it allows for extended gameplay BECAUSE IT RESETS THE BALANCE

THERES a reason why it's only in THUG and not any other tittle.
So? It means you have more options, and both players can take advantage of it. That's like saying wavedashing shouldn't be allowed in melee because it's not in brawl.

Fatal, you're a "pro" gamer, right? Learn the mindset bro.

Top Bottom