• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness Legends 4/16/11 Framingham, Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
LIVESTREAM LINK

Mass Madness Legends
April 16th

AiB Tournament Page

If you need to contact either myself or the venue call one of these numbers:

Game Underground - 508-283-1503
Dazwa's Cell (can text) - 207-522-7108

1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701

Schedule
11:00 AM - Store Opens
11:30 AM - Sign ups for Brawl Doubles
12:30 PM - Brawl Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins
1:00 PM - Brawl Doubles starts
2:00 PM - Brawl Singles sign ups
3:30 PM - Brawl Singles sign ups end, and seeding begins
4 PM - Brawl Singles starts
11:00 PM -

Schedule is here as a guideline, and subject to change

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
Venue Fee:
20% of the pot

Doubles:
$10 per player
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Singles:
$10/entry
<30 entrants:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
>30 entrants:
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

BRAWL RULESET (UNITY)
General Gameplay Rules
  1. 3 Stocks
  2. 8 Minute Time Limit
  3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
  4. All infinites are legal.
  5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles
  1. Team Attack set to "On"
  2. Life stealing is allowed.
  3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure
  1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).​

Stage List

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Final Destination|Brinstar
Lylat Cruise|Castle Siege
Smashville|Delfino Plaza
|Pokemon Stadium 1
|Pokémon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|Frigate Orpheon
|Pictochat
|Rainbow Cruise

Conduct Rules
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
  3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.

SETUPS ETC
If you are bringing anything to this tournament please post in the thread or PM me so I may add you to the lists below.

TVs:
- Dazwa
-
-

Wiis:
- Dazwa
-

Copies of Brawl:
- Dazwa
-

Extension Cords:
-

Power Strips:
-

Please bring setups!!!!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Can't ****ing wait.

I will take absence from this tournament as a personal attack to my character, and will seek you out with the intent to exterminate and cleanse.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN