• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 11 Results

Elen

Smash Lord
KevinM owned that fly, or so I hear. Also, he didn't give me a shout out :< I feel unloved.

Spife

Smash Master
I hear ya cogsmooch. Personally I think a slower more precise like (Aniki anyone?) is better than a faster...one (GERM) but playing fast is playing fun and I don't plan on winning a tourny as Link...ever. It's fun playing spastic like that.

Anyhoo, I think if I mained Link I'd try and move as fast as possible because if I wanted to win I'd play a good character, like Link.

Banks

Smash Hero
i cant wait for next tourny so i can dominate!

i want to team w/ banks ... hes my nigg@ fo real thats my nigg@ foreal
foreelz foreelz? ohhh forrelllz sonn word down
as for tournament names

MM12: I'd go to that

MM12: Melee all Daylee

MM12: Melee and Brawl: 20 yr olds vs 12 yr olds

jk @ brawl fans, don't hit me. even though you couldnt follow it up with anything LOLL OH

elen - stay longer next time or else people will forget teh shoutz

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I hear ya cogsmooch. Personally I think a slower more precise like (Aniki anyone?) is better than a faster...one (GERM) but playing fast is playing fun and I don't plan on winning a tourny as Link...ever. It's fun playing spastic like that.

Anyhoo, I think if I mained Link I'd try and move as fast as possible because if I wanted to win I'd play a good character, like Link.
I'm gonna pull a cort right now and say:
*shrug* just play smart

Spife

Smash Master
I'm gonna pull a cort right now and say:
*shrug* just play smart
Yes and I realized that's probably the *MAIN* difference between skler and I. He knows what to do, I don't (for the most part), but I'm pretty sure we both try not to leave empty space, he just fills his space all smart like. :lick:

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Spife you do a lot of unnecessary moves, you would be a lot better if you wait and react more often.

Spife

Smash Master
Spife you do a lot of unnecessary moves, you would be a lot better if you wait and react more often.
That's what questor said, "you over play to much".

While we're on topic, Variola, are you suggesting to play more patiantly, and Dazwa are you backing that up? or are both comments unrelated?

OT: Link (lol this is the link bords now right?)

Spife

Smash Master
zoso always told me to play patient

anyone know when dead rising is coming out for the wii? that **** will be bomb
Playing patiant...jabs...spacing...bair dj......sooooo many thngs to work on -__- and those are el importante mejor

Dead Rising on the Wii...wiki says release date hasn't been...released oh humhumhumhum!

Spife

Smash Master
I think more people need to help my problems.

How do I comprehend? D: I got the watching part down, now I need to learn to comprehend so I can then learn via comprehension what i need to adapt too x___x
so much hate right now. I miss this game when it was just learning how to wave dash. I wish I had bad tech skill so I coudl practice that AND feel accomplished.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
what do you mean WAS?
i don't know what you're talking about. :D

edit: comprehension comes with experience. you'll start to notice "oh when i throw an air attack at his dash dance, he'll just zip out of the way, zip back in, and punish me, usually with a grab." basically, watch what kicks your *** the hardest, and try to see if you can spot what leads up to it. if you can stop what leads up to it, you can avoid problems.

Spife

Smash Master
er well if I don't understand what my opponents doing then I can't figure out what to change or adapt to play better. I don't completly understand what I"m talking about either though :urg:

Edit: "Stop what leads up to it, avoid problems" YES! I realized this last night. The scenario I kept running through, that I found the most concrete was:

Against a fox (as Link), if I miss a grab, they can wave shine me, then shine spike me.
Now why did I lose a stock? I got shine spiked cause I recovered poorly, but why was I off the stage? Cause I got wave shined, why did I get wave shined? I missed a grab. BUT WHY DID I MISS A GRAB?!?!?!

Long story short, experience, got it.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
my "don't know what you're talking about" was directed at cogsmooch. notice the hidden ":D" >_>

edit: yeah missing a grab with link is never a good thing

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I was thinking along the lines of, see what they do for an approach, then learn how to punish it.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
You can also think about how your opponent punishes you, and use it against them (IE not doing what they think you will) when they think they can punish you. When I tried doing this stuff at the tournament, it seemed to work pretty well.

My thought process in game is to analyze why and how I get hit, and then stop them from happening (IE getting punished for shielding, so don't shield excessively (always good)), as well as reading the opponent's approach patterns, and also guessing when they'll switch up approaches (finding patterns in their patterns lol). I dunno, it seems to be working for me right now.

Also, I learned that from SC4, not smash. Because SC4 is too good.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

edit: comprehension comes with experience. you'll start to notice "oh when i throw an air attack at his dash dance, he'll just zip out of the way, zip back in, and punish me, usually with a grab." basically, watch what kicks your *** the hardest, and try to see if you can spot what leads up to it. if you can stop what leads up to it, you can avoid problems.
you said Cort's other mantra WAS rather than Cort's other mantra IS. Did he die?

er well if I don't understand what my opponents doing then I can't figure out what to change or adapt to play better. I don't completly understand what I"m talking about either though :urg:

Edit: "Stop what leads up to it, avoid problems" YES! I realized this last night. The scenario I kept running through, that I found the most concrete was:

Against a fox (as Link), if I miss a grab, they can wave shine me, then shine spike me.
Now why did I lose a stock? I got shine spiked cause I recovered poorly, but why was I off the stage? Cause I got wave shined, why did I get wave shined? I missed a grab. BUT WHY DID I MISS A GRAB?!?!?!

Long story short, experience, got it.
So like why are you trying to grab a fox with Link? Honestly a lot of can be memorized so don't feel too bad: never missing techs, what to do at what % to each character, where to DI. But thinking on your feet and following/predicting your opponent is invaluable.
And yeah one would be suprised at how many patterns you can see if you really pay attention while playing.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Will have date for next MM asap.

BTW... in my experience the Smash Bros Community is currently the most active and closely knit group currently in video games! IMO! Props to you guys for making every Tournament awesome!

Top Bottom