• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
B

Back atcha, jweb! Looks like there are missing blog update slots enough for 2 newcomers! This is our moment!
Yeah I saw that too. Not really sure how it works but with multiple empty spots I think we may get more than one character since both Simon Belmont and King K Rool were featured on the same day.

Smash Apprentice
Less than 24 hours to go.

THIS IS OUR CHANCE. DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY.

SKULL KID WILL BE CONFIRMED AS PLAYABLE IN THE DIRECT.

IF IT'S SOMETHING THAT CAN BE STOPPED, THEN JUST TRY TO STOP IT!

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
I hope. I forgot it also makes sense for Incineroar to be revealed tomorrow. That's a competition of Skull Kid, Incineraor or Isaac. Its pretty tensed.
A true battle bewteen fan favorites. Who will win and who will fall and who will have to be more paitent. Coming soon to a TV or Internet device near you.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something. If Skull Kid isn't revealed tomorrow, loz18 is going to lose a lot of credibility as a leaker. Not only that, but the chair theories will be thrown out the window.

On the other hand if Skull Kid does happen tomorrow, then the opposite will happen. Loz18 will gain so much credit and everyone will be paying more attention to the furniture in the direct than the direct itself.

Either way, tomorrow will be a game changer and I can't wait!

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
You guy'swanna know what would be crazy?

If that if Skull Kids assist trophy replacement isn't the moon! But is instead the undead entity known as Ben Drowned (Taking the form of the Young Link Statue from Majoras Mask)!

What would be your reactions if that were the case?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You guy'swanna know what would be crazy?

If that if Skull Kids assist trophy replacement isn't the moon! But is instead the undead entity known as Ben Drowned (Taking the form of the Young Link Statue from Majoras Mask)!

What would be your reactions if that were the case?
Super Pasta Bros.

ft. BEN DROWNED, Herobrine, and more!

StoneMask

Smash Cadet
So Great Bay has the Moon in the background, so what happens when you pull the Moon assist trophy at Great Bay? Two Moons?!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So Great Bay has the Moon in the background, so what happens when you pull the Moon assist trophy at Great Bay? Two Moons?!
That's the main reason I think Skull Kid's final smash could still be the moon. It can already be in multiple places at once now.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
I’m kind of hoping if the Moon assist trophy is summoned on Great Bay, it pulls the moon from the background and makes it crash the stage. Probably won’t work that way, but would be a nice touch.

Gonna be pretty hilarious to see Young Link hurl a giant, grinning moon at Skull Kid. :p

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I’m kind of hoping if the Moon assist trophy is summoned on Great Bay, it pulls the moon from the background and makes it crash the stage. Probably won’t work that way, but would be a nice touch.

Gonna be pretty hilarious to see Young Link hurl a giant, grinning moon at Skull Kid. :p
I mean, it does look like the Moon spawns in the top left, which is where it sits in Great Bay, so it might work like that! Maybe it spawns in the same place so it doesn't look weird.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I mean, it does look like the Moon spawns in the top left, which is where it sits in Great Bay, so it might work like that! Maybe it spawns in the same place so it doesn't look weird.
Do you know how undeniably AWESOME that would be?

Normally the Giants'll catch it, but this time...

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I'm 100% on Skull Kid at this point. If not tomorrow, then the next SSB direct.

Sure, this could lead to disappointment, but it's too late for me now. I believe the evidence and I don't really need leaks to assure me. I just hope he's revealed tomorrow and we aren't put through an even longer, agonizingly torturous wait. Worst case scenario, he's not in the base game and we get Skull Kid as dlc.

Sorry detractors, but he's not a boss.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Do you know how undeniably AWESOME that would be?

Normally the Giants'll catch it, but this time...

As awesome as I think it would be, I would probably be too busy laughing at it because in my head it's like the moon suddenly notices the stage like in a cartoon and races towards it haha

I'm 100% on Skull Kid at this point. If not tomorrow, then the next SSB direct.

Sure, this could lead to disappointment, but it's too late for me now. I believe the evidence and I don't really need leaks to assure me. I just hope he's revealed tomorrow and we aren't put through an even longer, agonizingly torturous wait. Worst case scenario, he's not in the base game and we get Skull Kid as dlc.

Sorry detractors, but he's not a boss.
Playable characters can be story mode boss fights. I fully expect a Ganondorf fight at least.

Last edited:

Roy_Boy Color

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-7443-4270
Switch FC
SW-0884-9374-3404
I'm going out on a limb and say that Skull Kid and Isaac will be revealed tomorrow with separate trailers, with an Isabelle echo announcement coinciding with a new Animal Crossing game revealed.

This may be too much, but I'm too hyped for the direct to notice that.:laugh:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I'm going out on a limb and say that Skull Kid and Isaac will be revealed tomorrow with separate trailers, with an Isabelle echo announcement coinciding with a new Animal Crossing game revealed.

This may be too much, but I'm too hyped for the direct to notice that.:laugh:
I would love for this to happen, but it seems just a little too perfect, haha.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm honestly starting tomorrow night be Pokemon newcomer (I'm personally thinking Tapu Koko)

Of course I don't think this will affect Skull Kid and will continue supporting him

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I have a feeling we will all be really happy after tomorrow! Something in my gut whispers to me...... I think its time! Skull Kid Clocks In?! *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Remember guys, if Skull Kid isn't shown as a character or an AT he still has a chance. Let's stay positive and continue to fight for him
This^
He has a good shot tomorrow, but it's far from over if he isn't in tomorow's direct. :)

It's not confirmed if the TP Skull Kid is the same guy, though.
@Quillion
It's very heavily implied. The TP Skullkid knows the very same song you taught him in Ocarina of Time, and TP comes directly after Majora's Mask in their timeline branch off.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Hey Skull Kid fans! I'm a big supporter of Dixie, Banjo-Kazooie, and Isaac. I just wanted to drop by here and wish you all the best of luck tomorrow! While Skull Kid isn't high on my most wanted list, I enjoyed playing Majora's Mask when I was a kid years ago and it is such a memorable Zelda game. May fortune smile in your favor!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm thinking it could either be Skull Kid, a Pokemon, or possibly even Geno.

My hopes are for Tetra or Skull Kid.

(Could it be both? Two Zelda newcomers in a Zelda-themed trailer would be freaking amazing, wouldn't it? It being the two I personally want the most would be the icing on the cake for me.)

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
My guess is that, since this will be a general Direct, it will be a character who appeals to a broader audience. I'm predicting either Skull Kid and/or Impa, a Pokemon (I'm not even gonna try and guess which one), or Bandanna Dee. Isaac and Geno are characters who have remained relevant due to fan demand alone, so it seems more fitting for them to be revealed in a Direct aimed specifically towards the fans who have been demanding them.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
^Yep, pretty much. I would also expect Dixie, Isabelle, or Octoling as broad appeal echoes. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got a further teaser on story mode.

Stuff like Black Shadow, any possible Mother reps, any possible retro-onlys, are SSB direct material.

AtomTrap

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised that I never posted in this thread before. Impa is probally the most underrated Zelda character. I remeber first playing Ocarina of Time and really liking the character.

Impa makes the most sense to be an Echo more than any character in my opinion. Considering that she taught Shiek her moves. On her design I honestly prefer her OoT appearance . I think she looks the most ready to battle in that outfit. It doesn't really matter however, because we know it would be her Oracle appearance.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm surprised that I never posted in this thread before. Impa is probally the most underrated Zelda character. I remeber first playing Ocarina of Time and really liking the character.

Impa makes the most sense to be an Echo more than any character in my opinion. Considering that she taught Shiek her moves. On her design I honestly prefer her OoT appearance . I think she looks the most ready to battle in that outfit. It doesn't really matter however, because we know it would be her Oracle appearance.
I think you might be in the wrong topic, This is the Skull Kid support topic, but Impa does have her own support topic and you can find it a link to it at the bottom of the first post.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sharing this here, not finished yet, but it's phenomenal and worth a listen

The lack of Majora's Mask music smash is honestly criminal. All we have is it's version of the main theme

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
The Majora's Wrath battle theme should definitely be in there. Either in metal form, a harsh orchestral performance, or a direct rip. It feels like the most appropriate theme to accompany Majora and Skull Kid's presence. There is no better track for his reveal trailer.

More MM music would be amazing, but I won't expect that much.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maan, that commercial's still insanely powerful. Really demonstrates why Majora's Mask was such a huge shift in tone compared to OOT at large.

My guess is that, since this will be a general Direct, it will be a character who appeals to a broader audience. I'm predicting either Skull Kid and/or Impa, a Pokemon (I'm not even gonna try and guess which one), or Bandanna Dee. Isaac and Geno are characters who have remained relevant due to fan demand alone, so it seems more fitting for them to be revealed in a Direct aimed specifically towards the fans who have been demanding them.
Good point, TBQH - though again, introducing the chars from latter category could do well amazingly as neat kind of marketing due bigger audience.

Probably have to see which way they'll go...

Top Bottom