• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not long now! Hopefully I'll be able to watch all it! Might have to pause at one point. I just hope it opens with the character

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The clock is ticking! Let the hype flow through all of you and may our trickster play us a jovial tune!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
And so my internet sabbatical begins. I'll be back in about two or three hours, one way or the other. Fingers crossed!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hoping for my two top Zelda newcomer picks to make an appearance today, but I have my concerns.....

In any case, good luck to all masked marauders here. May this direct give everyone a wonderful surprise!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here's to Skull Kid. Hopefully we get to see him soon.

Smash Apprentice
Wow it was literally ****ing nothing huh. At least he wasn't deconfirmed, but I'm really sort of pissed off that Isabelle isn't a full Echo.

Edit: The good news is that I still think this still doesn't preclude Skull Kid from being hinted at by the furniture because there was no Smash Logo before the trailer, and it wasn't a prerendered cutscene.

Edit 2: Rewatching there was the Smash logo at the beginning. But it wasn't prerendered. Dunno what this means for his chances. Vergeben is looking really accurate right now, though, and he's said nothing about Skull Kid either way...

Edit 3: Actually, there was no Smash logo at the beginning of the trailer during the Direct (which would've given it away) but on the Ultimate website's version of her reveal trailer (NOT the 30 sec fighter clip) there IS a Smash Logo at the beginning. So that bodes well for the furniture still hinting at Skull Kid.

Last edited:

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Huh. Not at all what I expected. I'm wondering if stuff got shifted around because of...things...and the skipped blog posts. In any event, we never saw Sakurai, nor another oddly decorated office, so the chairs, sofa and owl statue thing still stand, I say. At any rate, yay for Isabelle fans!

Little bit disappointed no Zelda. Like, at all. Oh well. That day will come. Fun Direct. I liked Luigi’s Mansion 3 reveal.

Last edited:

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Hitting us with a new semiclone after they make up the echo system... I'm severely disappointed.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The only thing that surprised me about it is that she doesn't appear to be an Echo? I thought she'd 100% be an Echo. Which means that the countdown is on for uniques.

Not really something to worry about. I'm actually surprised we got anyone today given the content of the Direct, so I hope nobody is getting discouraged.

Dawn of a New Day; let us watch for Halloween!

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Just a single reveal, that's totally fine!

I'm guessing we'll see a new Smash Direct in October for sure, and if we don't get a Nintendo Direct in November, we'll definitely get the final info dump for Ultimate then.

Good news is that Skull Kid is still in the running!!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Reminder to everyone that today neither Isaac nor Skull kid nor Geno have their chances reduced at all. The only thing that happened today is that we know which of the two leakers we can finally believe and who we dont. Verg wins today once more, regardless of how you feel about him. Let's hope next reveal is our time :) peace

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I feel like people wouldn't be as disappointed if the direct wasn't delayed a week. She looks cool and I am surprised she is not an echo, I just wish there was another Smash reveal, but that is expecting to much from a normal direct.

At least it gives more hope to Skull Kid considering the fact that I don't think Isabelle made much of a presence on the ballot.

Skull Kid, Shantae, Isaac, Geno, and Bandana Dee fans all week and after watching the direct

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The other notable factor is it's also not just an AT, but it is also a Mii costume getting upgraded.

Smash Apprentice
Huh. Not at all what I expected. I'm wondering if stuff got shifted around because of...things...and the skipped blog posts. In any event, we never saw Sakurai, nor another oddly decorated office, so the chairs, sofa and owl statue thing still stand, I say. At any rate, yay for Isabelle fans!

Little bit disappointed no Zelda. Like, at all. Oh well. That day will come. Fun Direct. I liked Luigi’s Mansion 3 reveal.
Right, the fact that Sakurai didn't appear or even talk about Isabelle means that I think we're still okay. And even though Isabelle isn't an Echo, she seems to be a semi-clone like Falco or Lucas, so she may not have taken up TOO much dev time. We're still in limbo and almost nothing has changed since before the Direct. Which can be good or bad depending on how you slice it.

One worrying thing is that the next Smash direct will almost certainly talk about the singleplayer mode and reveal new bosses. I have a feeling next Direct will be the final decider. I wasn't expecting that for this Direct, (although I expected Incineroar instead of Isabelle).

Smash Apprentice
Hitting us with a new semiclone after they make up the echo system... I'm severely disappointed.
I love semi-clones, I just wish Isabelle wasn't one. But gimme that Ninten or Shadow semiclone. I'm glad Sakurai is still making them.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Man, I was really hoping for Skull Kid to get revealed, but Isabelle as a unique fighter is just as hype for me

Well Loz18? You're excuse for hyping us up better be a good one.

Looks like Ladybow was also most likely just guessing and got lucky with Ridley and K.Rool.

There's still hope guys, don't give up, I agree that October would be a more fitting month to reveal Skull Kid.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
I’m not fully convinced SK and Isaac weren’t planned to be revealed last week. The last thing you want to show after last week’s tragic events is a guy who makes earthquakes and another who brings a terrible fate. Isabelle seems like a much more sensible choice to promote Smash with. Given the many, many skipped blogs, I can’t see how she alone would cover for them. Things don’t add up.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Skull Kid for Halloween then. I'm really exhausted now tho. Haha I'll see you all then.

Smash Apprentice
Who else's heart stopped when Tom Nook's lamp flickered and went out? I thought we were about to hear someone's very particular laugh... but no.

Although I don't really care about AC, glad that AC fans have a game to look forward to in 2019.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
There was a leak that said Isabelle would be the reveal, and that Skull Kid and Geno aren't in.
I wouldn't necessarily believe the last bit there.

It's not uncommon for people to get access to a reveal early, however, getting access to what characters are/aren't in is wayyy more tricky.

Unless confirmed true, just take that last part with a grain of salt. It's not unlikely that they knew Isabelle would be revealed and nothing more, so they decided to add in false information to shoot people's hopes down.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The possibility of Skull Kid being a boss now seems there. Isabelle being a newcomer and not an echo makes me think there aren't that many all new characters left. We still have the Pokemon, most likely Incineroar, so i don't know how much after that.

Loz said Skull Kid is very likely in the game but LeakyPanda says he "knows for a fact" he's a boss. Even if the latter has shaky credibility...I am concerned.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't really rule Isabelle as taking a unique spot to the extent that Ridley, K. Rool, Simon, or Inklings do.

A LOT of the moves we saw her use take from Villager or other characters. She's very much a semi-clone like Dr. Mario or Lucas.

Plus, Isabelle as a unique fighter leaves the total newcomer count(discluding echoes) at... 5.

Sakurai also did state a while back that the original twelve was 'not many fighters'. So I wouldn't be shocked to see at least 5-6 more unique newcomers.

I'm still sticking to my guns that we'll see a total of 15-20 newcomers including Echoes. We already have 5 newcomers and 4 Echoes revealed, and if we count Vergeben's remarks then that number is bumped to 6/5.

Also, let's not discuss LeakyPanda. They have a track record of being completely inaccurate.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kid being a boss is Ridley in Smash U all over again. That means he probably won't be possible for DLC either if he's a boss.

Top Bottom