• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually don't think that entirely kills it—they could just not allow any streaming because they want to save it as a surprise or something.
Maybe but a Direct would be streaming live anyway so i don't see why they would forbid streaming the event...

The bar posting that video though? A gif involving a whole bunch of different Zelda games? With Majora's Mask in the thumbnail and the last two in the video being shown as Majora's Mask and Hyrule Warriors, which are the two games Skull Kid was most in?
Could be a hint or could be just a funny meme. I guess we'll see soon enough ;) Good points tho, i didn't noticed those Zelda related posts.

Could be another related Zelda thing. Could be a remake. I'm just saying, it is curious...
I would die from hype if they announce a new Zelda game (fortunately i always carry a fairy just in case ;))

Edit: Also, ONE HUNDRED PAGES of hype for Skull Kid!! Yay!

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I was hoping Young Link would return with a Majora's Mask look but was disappointed when he didnt. Hopefully Skull Kid makes it in cause I'd love character representation from my favorite game of all time!

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Woot! 100 pages!

On another note, boy have things slowed down as a whole lately on Nintendo's end. I'm wondering if they're just going to do a loadout Direct in November like they did a month or so before Smash 4 containing the remaining characters and explanations on them along with some of the newer characters?

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Woot! 100 pages!

On another note, boy have things slowed down as a whole lately on Nintendo's end. I'm wondering if they're just going to do a loadout Direct in November like they did a month or so before Smash 4 containing the remaining characters and explanations on them along with some of the newer characters?
That's basically what I'm holding out for. Waiting on that November 7th for a thicc spicy Smash Direct. Lines up with what they did for 4 too like you said. 50 Facts was about a month away from 4's release. Same with the 7th. Plus the 7th is a Wednesday so, lines up nice and good.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Woot! 100 pages!

It's barely been a month since we got Isabelle. Things haven't slowed down, we're all just super impatient. :laugh:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They were in Four Swords Adventures. Also, Groose from Skyward Sword strongly resembles a Gerudo with his bright red hair and yellow eyes.
I never played that game, so I didn't know they were in it. Groose does look like a male Gerudo, but there really isn't any solid evidence or proof besides that, that points towards him being a Gerudo.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
It's barely been a month since we got Isabelle. Things haven't slowed down, we're all just super impatient. :laugh:
I just feel like releasing Skull Kid around Halloween would be pretty dang cool.

Also for the purpose of clips for my MM anniversary video but I suppose I have enough to work with anyway, lol.

I'll be happy if we get Skull Kid just sometime. Fingers crossed for something this week though given that bar's video thing though, lol.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yay on 100 pages!!!!!!

Also interesting to note, apparently a guy who leaked Cloud on reset era is claiming there's a real image leak floating around ASIDE from Ken,

as poor as it looks, Skull Kid was never proven fake if we assume the third image was a different person (which is actually pretty likely since the pose is different and it's suddenly a lot more blurry)
1539052550069s.jpg
1539210647331.png

And the third, probably from a different person, fake one
1539215244795m.jpg

They were all posted separately so it's possible each of them were a different person, but I suspect the first two are same, regardless of if it's real or not

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I never played that game, so I didn't know they were in it. Groose does look like a male Gerudo, but there really isn't any solid evidence or proof besides that, that points towards him being a Gerudo.
True, but it bears mentioning at least! People speculate that Telma from TP is a Gerudo descendant as well, but again, it's speculation.

Yay on 100 pages!!!!!!

Also interesting to note, apparently a guy who leaked Cloud on reset era is claiming there's a real image leak floating around ASIDE from Ken,

as poor as it looks, Skull Kid was never proven fake if we assume the third image was a different person (which is actually pretty likely since the pose is different and it's suddenly a lot more blurry)
View attachment 170227View attachment 170228
View attachment 170229

They were all posted separately so it's possible each of them were a different person, but I suspect the first two are same, regardless of if it's real or not
His fingers are glued together in all of those images. It's just his AT model from Smash 4.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of the possibility of the Skull Kid race returning in a future Zelda?
I would very much like it, I've always found the skull kid design to be very appealing in TP and MM, so I'd be curious if the race was brought back, what there redesign would look like.
As long as they aren't in 900 different spots taking the place of what could have been actual content and reward you with their own poop for doing one of a handful of copy/pasted "puzzles" then sure.

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on 100 pages ! Here's hoping that MTL Arcade's "3 days remain" statement bodes well for us...

Yay on 100 pages!!!!!!

View attachment 170229

Interesting, do you have a link to these pictures?

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
100 posts YEET
Here's to a smash video announced tomorrow, which would be an excellent present for 100 pages.

I've been thinking though, if they're going reveal Skull Kid, why not just wait till the 26th while they have the chance? It would be a nice touch.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Congrats on 100 pages ! Here's hoping that MTL Arcade's "3 days remain" statement bodes well for us...

Interesting, do you have a link to these pictures?
Probably best just to ignore, we've been discussing on discord and he has specified a bit what he's talking about.

Won't go into specifics but Nazyrus will back me up

Smash Apprentice
YouTube is down (!!!) but the music of the day was another Megaman song! The music theory was already dead and buried but this bodes very well, I think... for another Zelda track appearing. Whether it will coincide with Skull Kid being revealed is a different story, though.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That menu theme sounds incredible! I love it!

To be honest, this has gotten me hyped for Ultimate all over again. :)
Yeah, it's extremely good! Man, I loved Melee's theme, I loved Brawl's theme, and I grew to like Smash 4's theme as well, but Ultimate's is fantastic.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I literally have been listening it for over an hour and i still don't get tired of it.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
Yay on 100 pages!!!!!!

View attachment 170229

Where were these posted?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Truly epic.

Apparently it was uploaded with Nintendo's permission, anyway that's what Pushdustin is saying: https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1052382746511720448
Interesting. It seems like the game might actually be in reviewers' hands, judging by a tweet I just saw on papagenos papagenos 's Twitter page, so I'm really hoping we get info before things start leaking.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/GenosPapa/status/1052408966574157825?s=19 The tweet in question.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. It seems like the game might actually be in reviewers' hands, judging by a tweet I just saw on papagenos papagenos 's Twitter page, so I'm really hoping we get info before things start leaking.
Yeah I don't wanna find out Skull Kid is in by some asshole who couldn't wait for everyone else,
I wanna see a cinematic of Skull Kid fighting Fierce Deity Link.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Do we really have proof of that being the game and not just a printed cover? Do we have proof also that that's the official menu music and not a fan creation? All of this coming out so quickly and I'm not sure why it is believed immediately xD

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
There is good chance that it could be true. The E3 demo still looked very good and this was more then 4 month ago. Also Sakruai said in a interview a month ago that the game would be finished not far away.
It is nornal that gold version is ready 2 month before the game will be released for production, merchandising etc.
The guy that uploaded the music theme said that he did it with the agreement of Nintendo. Of course this could also be a lie.

But the music sounds nearly excactly like the music in the E3 demo just with more guitarre. It would be difficult or impossible to record this music with such a clear tonal.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sakurai did say it wouldn't be too much longer before it goes gold in a famitsu article I think

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
No daily tweet and no announcement.....nintendo why are you playing like thisss

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
No daily tweet and no announcement.....nintendo why are you playing like thisss
Nintendo, you're playing us like Skull Kid's flute! You drag us around like Majora did to Skull Kid! Quit toying with us, we want to know!

Obviously I'm being overly dramatic but still, it's simultaneously hype-bulding and irritating. XD

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo goes off pacific time don't forget y'all. 2 hours and 40 minutes till usual announcement time. I think the simple fact that they haven't tweeted anything else yet is foreshadowing.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I thought for sure it was 10am EST? At least that's how it seems to be according to what GameFAQs is going on about right now. Still, the fact they haven't posted anything yet gives me hope—there's still a lot of hours left in the day.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, it's typically 7AM PST, which is 10AM EST.

Probably best not to get our hopes up at this point.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
ofc we don't even know I feel there's sure fire pattern either. 10 am could be an anomaly

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Three hours later than they normally do and it was ****ing nothing. :roll: Looks like we're waiting until November at this point, I swear.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
My last hope is tomorrow (and it's a really small hope). If not I'll just wait until MM anniversary because it's a lost battle.

Top Bottom