• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and tell my idea of a Skull Kid reveal trailer

Picture the scene, It's a field that somewhat resembles Termina, the sky is ablazed,like there is a major bush fire in the area, something is seriously wrong. Small fragments of rock are falling from sky periodically.

You see various distraught Nintendo characters running away from something, Pikachu picks up a crying Pichu, puts it on his back and runs away, Peach and Daisy are seen running together. Samus is seen carrying Lucas to safety, the Fox and Falco is seen trying to evacuate them all onto the Great Fox, when suddenly, a falling rock destroys it. Bowser Jr is seen calling out for his Pa. Everyone running away. Except one, it's cuts to a young boy on a horse whizzing through the crowd. From this angle behind Young Link, we get a glimpse of the infernal Fire Ball in the sky. They arrive, Young Link gets off and indicates too Epona to run and leave. He approaches a figure standing in the field looking at the fireball.
A text box appears. The sound effects are identical to those from Majora's Mask

"So, you came?" the figure said with a slight

Young Link gets a look of determination on his face

Majora's Theme starts to play
"Tell me, did you come here as my friend? Or are you my enemy?" he turns around as he says this, the fire behind him conceals his identity, but in his shadow, two glowing eyes

Young Link draws his weapon, The camera also shows he has the Fierce Deity Mask on his belt.

"Fool, do you really think you can stop me as I am?"
Skull Kid begins to float up, slowing revealing his full identity, as he does, You get a better look at the Fireball, which is now clearly the moon
"If I'm something that can be stopped, then just try and stop me" these are his final words before his begins to Scream.

SKULL KID CLOCKS IN!!!

Gameplay begins, a remix of Majora's Battle theme is heard. He's shown to be quick and powerful. One scene pairs him with the Moon assist trophy. And the Skull Kid is seen with Young Link in a grab, pummeling him before throwing him forward.

Back to cinematic, Young Link is shown sliding across the ground and gets slammed into a rock, at this moment he reaches for his secret Weapon and he transforms into Fierce Deity. A fast paced version of Song of Healing

Back to gameplay quickly, we see Fierce deity already activated and giving a whammy on Skull Kid with a flurry of sword beams followed by a powerful strike. But before it shows him transform back into Young Link, it's back to the cinematic.

Skull Kid is seen being knocked backwards, we see Fierce Deity send out a sword beam that lands a direct hit on Skull kid knocking him out of the sky. But something remained, The Mask had remained where Skull Kid. Fierce Deity notices but before he can react, The mask sounds out a laser beam that lands a direct hit on Fierce Deity transforming him back into Young Link. Young Link weakened, attempts to shake it off, looks up and sees the blurry monstrosity of Majora's Wrath, and it's about to attack! Around this time, the song transitions into Final Hours very smoothly, implying it's a medley.

Gameplay now shows Skull Kids final smash, Skull Kid is limp on the ground behind Majora's Wrath as it sends out single whip strike to activate the Final Smash. Sending Young Link to the final boss room in MM, Majora's Wrath now unleashes barrage of whips and spinning, before finishing it with double whip backhand strike.

Cinematic again, Young Link now very injured and is seen falling from the sky on his back. We see Skull Kid on the ground too, tendrils come down and lifts Skull Kids head back into the mask. Young Link attempts to get up, but only manages to half lift his body.

"That was fun! Thanks for playing with me, but it looks like time is up, Maybe we can play again next time" music stops and Skull Kid turns around to walk towards the moon, which is now starting to strike the Earth and spread its flames engulfing Skull Kid, the camera faces the opposite the direction and begins to quickly zoom in on Young Links horrified face.

Logo appears accompanied by the screams of Young Link.
Since we're talking trailers again, I'll share this again.

The only thing I might change would be the later half because I'm still not sold on wrath as Final smash.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Same, mostly, though this is how I think the reveal trailer will go down in more detail:

-we start in a forest, with Young Link as the showcase character and someone like Pikachu with him
-YL and his companion(s) hear a noise, and a burst of dark magic or tendtrils lash out, killing Young Link's companions or dragging them away
-Young Link looks up, startled, as we see a closeup of Skull Kid's model with a faster version of Majora's battle theme plays
-Skull Kid gets his little tagline (probably "Skull Kid Clocks In!" because honestly I can't think of a more fitting one), and we see some gameplay footage of Skull Kid
-Young Link transforms into Fierce Deity Link (revealed to be his Final Smash), and he and Skull Kid charge at one another
Cool, I couldn't imagine a way to "kill" a character during SK reveal, yours would make sense.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Since we're talking trailers again, I'll share this again.

The only thing I might change would be the later half because I'm still not sold on wrath as Final smash.
I like your trailer concept! Maybe Skull Kid could have a cinematic Final Smash where the character hit is transported to Clock Town where the Moon drops on them, similar to Captain Falcon's FS being a teleport cinematic?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think it would be a missed opportunity not to use Bayonetta in Skull Kid's reveal, considering her moon theming.

D

Deleted member

What would be his Final Smash now that the moon is an assist trophy?

I suggest it to be something similar to the scene where Link transforms into a Deku for the first time.

But i am open to other suggestions.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman

I suggest it to be something similar to the scene where Link transforms into a Deku for the first time.

If I recall correctly there's one character who's in MegaMan's Final Smash who's also an Assist Trophy, so I don't see why Skull Kid can't feature the Moon in his.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If I recall correctly there's one character who's in MegaMan's Final Smash who's also an Assist Trophy, so I don't see why Skull Kid can't feature the Moon in his.
It's Riki, in Shulk's. You're right though, that keeps the possibility open.

Yusa

Smash Cadet

Depends on how far he's gonna be corrupted in his Smash iteration.
If the character is more based on Skull Kid then Majora, the Deku scene would be nice.
Should he be close to insanity, maybe a quick transformation into Majora's Wrath and a combo?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Cinematic final smash with the moon is what I hope, but instead of Clock Tower, I'd rather Termina Field so we can see the character get engulfed in flames just like the game over.

The game over is pretty much what I want.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
You can definitely have an assist trophy in your final smash. Olimars rocket is an assist trophy and it's his final smash

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Cinematic final smash with the moon is what I hope, but instead of Clock Tower, I'd rather Termina Field so we can see the character get engulfed in flames just like the game over.

The game over is pretty much what I want.
This is what I think. The game over but with the character would be so cool...

That way the moon being an AT would not matter, as the character won't be damaged by the moon itself but the fire wave, launching they to the limits of the map

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That would fit the trailer perfectly.

I'm 200% sure that if he's in, the beginning of the gameplay will show a close-up of his model while an arrangement of this song is playing (probably faster than the original).
I think either Times End or Majoras Incarnate will be used honestly. And not the Majoras Wrath theme, the Incarnate theme, with all its xylophone n stuff.
I think it will be the first phase: https://youtu.be/4joMcCc1jno

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I think it will be the first phase: https://youtu.be/4joMcCc1jno
That would be epic. :)

Gotta say that Majora, whatever she/he/it is (I see it as a she due to the Marajoara culture having female iconography and saw the moon as feminine, and the Majora opera but whatever), has one of the most awesome battle themes ever. It's kind of a shame Skull Kid never gets a true theme of his own.

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
This is excactly what I would wish me as a (in my eyes) possible scenario.

Incineroar - In every game a Pokémon Rep, Verge said he is in. Anime supports him

Skull Kid - lots of hints like chairs, mushroom,missing AT and YL FS, Mii...

Isaac: Nintendo updated the rights for Golden Sun, big fan rage after his cut, playable could be a redemption

Geno: could be retro rap, very famous of fans, Sakurai wanted him in brawl but not possible. Now possible look at Ridley, Mii

There are also some more hints for each one.
Geno and SK could be promoted as the puppet-brothers :chuckle:

Next to this 4 uniques I see Ken and Shadow in (Echo). This would fit great 72 numbers and 8 echos.
(I think this would be too much but because of Pokémon Trainer who is only 1 fighter we need 2 more unique for 72 fighters and 8 echos as a perfect 80 roster (Smashdown) - wish would be Banjo Kazooie and Elma).

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I think it would be a missed opportunity not to use Bayonetta in Skull Kid's reveal, considering her moon theming.
Agreed: the trailer could begin with Bayonetta and Pit fighting in front of the moon. Suddenly they stop, turn around and look at the moon which begins to shake. The moon rotates, showing its the same one from MM. Then bam, Skull Kid appears ("Skull Kid Crashes the Party!"). Or something like that.

Alternatively (I feel I might have subconsciously ripped this off from somewhere, apologies if I have), we could have a trailer where Villager and a bunch of other characters are going Trick or Treating (unsuccessfully), when Villager suddenly spots a 'firefly' - one of the insects he hasn't caught yet. He chases after the source of light, which leads him into a forest. It's here we find out that the firefly was Tatl and it was all a trap. Skull Kid appears, and begins to chase Villager through the forest (intercut with gameplay footage). He eventually corners him and turns him into a Deku Scrub, before Young Link appears (maybe he was another one of the trick or treaters), turns into the Fierce Deity and the two fight. The end of the trailer can be a Deku version of Villager returning to trick or treating. Except he's successful this time, as everyone thinks he's got a great Halloween costume.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
There is going to be a Smash tournament 3rd-4th November, I think it's nothing relevant to directs or something...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sakurai did mention this on his Twitter account, so that's something. There probably won't be an announcement or anything, but he doesn't usually tweet for no reason.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
There is going to be a Smash tournament 3rd-4th November, I think it's nothing relevant to directs or something...

Well considering the fact that so many moron leakers leaked all the new content the Smash Bros Ultimate development team worked hard on!

I think us not getting any new reveal this month (Or next month) might be Nintendo and Mr. S punishing us all by not throwing out anymore new content for the game and saying what we saw the previous Directs is all were getting!

Hell! I can almost imagine it playing out like the end of Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory with Sakurai screaming at us with these quotes.

"YOU LEAKED ALL THE CONTENT FOR SMASH ULTIMATE"

"YOU SENT IN VUALT HACKERS TO STEAL VALUABLE INFORMATION FROM THE NINTENDO COMPANY PRIVATE VUALT THAT NOW HAS TO BE MONITORED 24 HRS A DAY"

"SO YOU GET NOTHING" "YOU ALL LOSE" "GOOD DAY TO YOU SIRS AND MAMS"

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It will be before that for sure. If we are truly getting 5 more stages then that means 5 of the 7 remaining weeks will feature them on wednesday blog, since that's the day they always feature a stage+music. Meaning we only got 2 weeks of wait, or maybe one, depending on if such 2 weeks are in a row or one now and then the other one is the last before release date… who knows. But yeah I think we are almost there for sure now. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens next week or the last one of October which has the first 2 days of November. Either of these 2 next weeks are just as likely imo. November is already a danger zone with review copies and whatnot.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
One week left til MM's US anniversary!

Please have a Direct before that that reveals Skull Kid...

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
It will be before that for sure. If we are truly getting 5 more stages then that means 5 of the 7 remaining weeks will feature them on wednesday blog, since that's the day they always feature a stage+music. Meaning we only got 2 weeks of wait, or maybe one, depending on if such 2 weeks are in a row or one now and then the other one is the last before release date… who knows. But yeah I think we are almost there for sure now. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens next week or the last one of October which has the first 2 days of November. Either of these 2 next weeks are just as likely imo. November is already a danger zone with review copies and whatnot.
There's still the possibility that the Blog posts will continue some time after Release. i even think it is highly likely.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There’s also a possibility that I haven’t seen anyone consider. Maybe we won’t get all the stages revealed before release. Sakurai has only said that all characters will be revealed before release, but it’s not out of the question for stages, items, assists or whatever to remain a secret.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
There’s also a possibility that I haven’t seen anyone consider. Maybe we won’t get all the stages revealed before release. Sakurai has only said that all characters will be revealed before release, but it’s not out of the question for stages, items, assists or whatever to remain a secret.
Didn't he say every stage would be available from the start? Seems odd to hide them on the website when they're all starters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Some hidden stages may spoil newcomers, or spoil a new game before it's announced (i.e. Yoshi's Crafted World), and he may be waiting 'til a direct to reveal them.

Or we won't get new stages, that's possible too.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Didn't he say every stage would be available from the start? Seems odd to hide them on the website when they're all starters.
We might just have them dumped on the website on release day. They might not get blog posts before release, is what I’m saying.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's his anniversary next week and if they have been holding his announcement off then now is obviously time to do it.
That date barely means anything regarding Skull Kid's possible reveal. Next week is just the anniversary for Majora's Mask release in the United States (Japan was in April and PAL is in November). I doubt Sakurai would perfectly plan a reveal just for that specific date. If that were the case then K. Rool would've been revealed in November since that was when Donkey Kong Country released worldwide.

Top Bottom