• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was just clinging to the banner + playlist thing but now all this is making me hyped
What's that banner + playlist thing? I've missed a few things in the past weeks...

The countdown ends at 9AM EST,
I've missed this countdown thing too? Is it credible stuff ?

Don't forget our maple syrup, ey.
This thing is a freakin miracle, it's literally good with anything and even with nothing, one of my Top 10 reason to enjoy life.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
The bar said, that you could play a upcoming game for the first time. I have looked of the upcoming games and the only games of Nintendo are Lets Go Pikachu, Super Smash, Super Bros Wii U, Yoshi Wolly World. I can't imagine that Nintendo will do such a event for games like Cililization etc.

So we have still played Lets Go Pikachu and Smash Demo and Super Mario Bros was still in the Wii U so it won't be special. I can't imagine that Lets Go Pikachu will get a newer demo with other stuff.
So there are only 2 possibilities left. A Demo for Yoshi or a newer Demo for Smash with K Rool, Simon, Isabelle...maybe this might be the Demo for all in a few weeks to test the servers etc.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Boi these news sure increased my hype, good find!

But I'm a little lost about this bar stuff, we are getting a direct "directly" without announcement? Maybe they're very secretive because Nintendo would announce a direct (maybe today?) aiming for the date they'll have the event so everyone there could see it (like in Nintendo NY)...

So we could get news about a direct earlier, is that right?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Page 99! So close to 100!!!

Regarding upcoming news, I think it's just natural for something, would be an ideal time this week for a character reveal and the final direct in November.

A full on smash direct now would worry me a bit though. I think the next Smash direct will be it for news

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
Boi these news sure increased my hype, good find!

But I'm a little lost about this bar stuff, we are getting a direct "directly" without announcement? Maybe they're very secretive because Nintendo would announce a direct (maybe today?) aiming for the date they'll have the event so everyone there could see it (like in Nintendo NY)...

So we could get news about a direct earlier, is that right?
The event is in Thursday and they will say 1 day before on wednesday what game it is.

So of course it could be all and not smash relevant.
But if it is, I could imagine that we will see a newer demo with 1,2 newcomers that are directly playable in this demo. Maybe you could also play a little bit of the new hidden mode.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Let's try to keep the hype in check (even if the 3 days remain picture made my Skullkid sense tingle*) because it could just be a small tournament using the E3 demo like they've been doing in some places.

* The weirdest sentence I've written in a while

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
Another scenario (If really smash relevant)

- Today: announcement for (Mini) Smash Direct tommorow
- Tommorow: Direct with 1,2 new fighters and the hidden mode. Also announcement for a new demo that can be played online in a few weeks
- After the Direct the bar will announce that you can still play this new demo in the event on thursday

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Another scenario (If really smash relevant)

- Today: announcement for (Mini) Smash Direct tommorow
- Tommorow: Direct with 1,2 new fighters and the hidden mode. Also announcement for a new demo that can be played online in a few weeks
- After the Direct the bar will announce that you can still play this new demo in the event on thursday
That would be great. But I think that would generate a lot of hype, there were a lot of people wanting to try the demo in the past weeks, a demo similar to the E3 with the same characters we alredy knew....

If a "small" bar (I don't really know but it's a bar in any case) just posts "we have a unique demo with new characters you discovered, you can try it in your home in a few weeks but if you come here you can try them tomorrow".... I think A LOT of people will go there, in an excessive amount... At I don't think a place like that would manage the situation 100% right... so much hype built these past weeks...

I still hope it's like you said lol

Last edited:

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I also think it is more dreamery and I see the chance not so big. But maybe that ist a reason why they have chosen a smaller town. The congeation would be multiple higher in citys like New York.

The bar could say that only the first 200 participant will be authorized to go in.
I also think if the gap between this event and the possibility to play online isn't so big the congeation wouln't be so high. Of course some still will travel there also if they are not under the first 200.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What's that banner + playlist thing? I've missed a few things in the past weeks...
On the Smash Bros. website, the banner on the main page no longer has "NEW" over the character section. When that sign disappears, we generally get an update not too long afterward.

As for the playlist, the Japanese playlist for individual character videos (found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA1lIms2gwaCzNYbHXr0cgG9dgL2nUAQF) updated towards the start of October, but no videos were added. Something similar happened about two weeks before Isabelle was announced.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
This is still known, but the last time it was only 10 days until Isabelle was announced. I believe the you tube list was updated at the 10/02. So this are 14 days already

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Let's try to keep the hype in check (even if the 3 days remain picture made my Skullkid sense tingle*) because it could just be a small tournament using the E3 demo like they've been doing in some places.

* The weirdest sentence I've written in a while
Honestly me too regarding the bold part:
"Wait, 3 days remain! Skull—no, you are waaayyyy jumping the gun on that, there's just a few days left that's all. I know it more than likely isn't meant to hint at Skull Kid but dang I'm hoping for Skull Kid!"

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
This is still known, but the last time it was only 10 days until Isabelle was announced. I believe the you tube list was updated at the 10/02. So this are 14 days already
Yeah. But at least for me it says that it was uploaded 30th september so we're waiting 16 days...
I want to get off Mr. Sakurai's wild ride.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
And there it is. The NOA irrelevant tweet of the day. Welp, one day more, one day less.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah tomorrow is actually the most crucial day for an announcement if we consider the "a day before it happens" type of announcement they always do. I wouldn't expect anything today really.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of the possibility of the Skull Kid race returning in a future Zelda?
I would very much like it, I've always found the skull kid design to be very appealing in TP and MM, so I'd be curious if the race was brought back, what there redesign would look like.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
What do you guys think of the possibility of the Skull Kid race returning in a future Zelda?
I would very much like it, I've always found the skull kid design to be very appealing in TP and MM, so I'd be curious if the race was brought back, what there redesign would look like.
I think they're fascinating, so I would love to see them return.

I want a Ganondorf game that tells the story of the beginning of the Downfall timeline where the game starts with him defeating the Hero of Time at the end of Ocarina. Then you play as Ganondorf slowly gaining more and more power until you get the Triforce and become Pig Ganon, then as Pig Ganon you use your power to take over Hyrule.

It would probably be the darkest Zelda game. I don't see it happening, not many Nintendo games that let you play as the bad guy doing bad things.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I want a Ganondorf game that tells the story of the beginning of the Downfall timeline where the game starts with him defeating the Hero of Time at the end of Ocarina. Then you play as Ganondorf slowly gaining more and more power until you get the Triforce and become Pig Ganon, then as Pig Ganon you use your power to take over Hyrule.

It would probably be the darkest Zelda game. I don't see it happening, not many Nintendo games that let you play as the bad guy doing bad things.
That actually would be pretty awesome—I can't think of very many video games where you play as the bad guy, and that would be interesting to explore as a kind of origin story as well.

And it would be cool to play as Skull Kid in a future Zelda game, or at least have the Skull Kid race appear again (though of course the Skull Kid from OOT/MM holds a special place in the hearts of the fanbase)

Last edited:

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
I know a while back there was talk about if it was better to play Majora's mask N64 or 3DS... I always thought I would give the 3DS version a shot when replaying it even tho I don't like the small screen... But after watching this video, no way.

https://youtu.be/653wuaP0wzs

I had no idea there were so many weird changes and broken parts.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
They're one of the races I want to see return. For me Wind Waker took away many things about the N64 games that I loved and it's now standard to not include some of them. Skull Kids, Dekus, and yes Kokiri I know most people like Koroks more but man I miss these races.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
They're one of the races I want to see return. For me Wind Waker took away many things about the N64 games that I loved and it's now standard to not include some of them. Skull Kids, Dekus, and yes Kokiri I know most people like Koroks more but man I miss these races.
Same these forest races have some of my favorite designs, I vastly prefer Kokiri to Koroks, Koroks kinda lack personality that the Kokiri could capture more in my opinion.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I know a while back there was talk about if it was better to play Majora's mask N64 or 3DS... I always thought I would give the 3DS version a shot when replaying it even tho I don't like the small screen... But after watching this video, no way.

https://youtu.be/653wuaP0wzs

I had no idea there were so many weird changes and broken parts.
I'd play the version for Gamecube myself. The N64 version played on a GameCube controller is just magic. I've played the N64, GC, and 3DS versions and its best played on GC

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice

Sounds like it would just be a fanserviced game for Zelda fans. Not saying that’s a bad thing but I higly doubt Nintendo would make a game just for fans around Ganondorf raising to power during the downfall timeline. I honestly though Breath of the wild would go that route where it takes place in the downfall and the hero of time was defeated and rested for 100 years until he awoke to see what happened to hyrule while he was asleep. But of course that didn’t happen BOTW is its own story and doesnt have an connection to it. Maybe they could make a Zelda game where u can play has link and ganondorf to kinda get the two to join in and allow the player to see what there up to. Switching from hero to boss.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I'd play the version for Gamecube myself. The N64 version played on a GameCube controller is just magic. I've played the N64, GC, and 3DS versions and its best played on GC
GC Collector's Edition FTW! I didn't have the expansion pack needed for MM on the N64 so I never got it as a kid so the Collector's Edition was a godsend. I still haven't beaten Ocarina or Majora but I really ought to fire up my GameCube and do that.

Quick update on the 'Bar theory' thing, some bad news basically. The bar 'Arcade Mtl' posted:

Arcade.png

They're saying that the game (that will be showcased at the event), is going to be revealed tomorrow. The part that kills the Bar ''theory'' imo: ''no streaming will be allowed''. Makes no sense to forbid people from streaming if it's a Nintendo/Smash Direct...

There's still hope for a new Ultimate demo but now i think it's going to be a reveal for a new Switch game (probably a 'made in Quebec' indie game).

RIP the Bar Theory, at least this one was kind of funny... :p

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At some point in the future, those races will probably be brought back like the Gerudo because keep in mind, before Breath of the Wild the Gerudos' last appearance was Majora's Mask. They completely disappeared from the games for 17 years, so I could see other races returning at some point.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Quick update on the 'Bar theory' thing, some bad news basically. The bar 'Arcade Mtl' posted:

View attachment 170162

They're saying that the game (that will be showcased at the event), is going to be revealed tomorrow. The part that kills the Bar ''theory'' imo: ''no streaming will be allowed''. Makes no sense to forbid people from streaming if it's a Nintendo Direct...

There's still hope for a new Ultimate demo but now i think it's going to be a reveal for a new Switch game (probably a 'made in Quebec' indie game).

RIP the Bar Theory, at least this one was kind of funny... :p
I actually don't think that kills it—they could just not allow any streaming because they want to save it as a surprise or something.

Also, there's reason to believe in my opinion that if anything it might be Zelda related, and very possibly a Skull Kid reveal. Why? Because of this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77102891#3

The bar posting "3 days"? Likely just saying how many days are left, no big deal.

The bar posting that video though? A gif involving a whole bunch of different Zelda games? With Majora's Mask in the thumbnail and the last two in the video being shown as Majora's Mask and Hyrule Warriors, which are the two games Skull Kid was most in?

Could be another related Zelda thing. Could be a remake. I'm just saying, it is curious...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I actually don't think that entirely kills it—they could just not allow any streaming because they want to save it as a surprise or something.

Also, there's reason to believe in my opinion that if anything it might be Zelda related. Why? Because of this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77102891#3

The bar posting "3 days"? Likely just saying how many days are left, no big deal.

The bar posting that video though? A gif involving a whole bunch of different Zelda games? With Majora's Mask in the thumbnail and the last two in the video being shown as Majora's Mask and Hyrule Warriors, which are the two games Skull Kid was most in?

Could be another related Zelda thing. Could be a remake. I'm just saying, it is curious...
I like that video.

When he got to Majora's Mask, he seemed genuinely happy to see the guy, and then he completely ignored Hyrule Warriors.

though Hyrule Warriors seems like a nice game, haven't played it yet.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
At some point in the future, those races will probably be brought back like the Gerudo because keep in mind, before Breath of the Wild the Gerudos' last appearance was Majora's Mask. They completely disappeared from the games for 17 years, so I could see other races returning at some point.
They were in Four Swords Adventures. Also, Groose from Skyward Sword strongly resembles a Gerudo with his bright red hair and yellow eyes.

Top Bottom