• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Infinite on Ness is no more! YES

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
hahahahaha look at the marth fangirls now!!! i like how you all assume ness is bad having nothing to back up your claims.
marth has a small advantage maybe 60:40. this is by no means unwinnable for ness. there is no infinite now, ness has pkt2 and a nasty spike, this combined with marths light weight and mediocre recovery makes this a winnable matchup for ness. play a good ness. until then seriously, shutup.
also,
jiggz is terribad, not underrated at all, maybe a little overrated imo. she has no range, bad priority, floaty and the lightest character in the game, she can die off the top at like 15%. oh and rest is useless. this is a bottom 5 character if ive ever heard of one

feardragon64

Smash Champion
hahahahaha look at the marth fangirls now!!! i like how you all assume ness is bad having nothing to back up your claims.
marth has a small advantage maybe 60:40. this is by no means unwinnable for ness. there is no infinite now, ness has pkt2 and a nasty spike, this combined with marths light weight and mediocre recovery makes this a winnable matchup for ness. play a good ness. until then seriously, shutup.
also,
jiggz is terribad, not underrated at all, maybe a little overrated imo. she has no range, bad priority, floaty and the lightest character in the game, she can die off the top at like 15%. oh and rest is useless. this is a bottom 5 character if ive ever heard of one
Even if there's no infinite, Ness gets punished for getting grabbed. As steel said, "something will happen"
You can see pkt2 coming a mile away. It's not exactly unavoidable. The spike is nice and all if you land it, but Marth out-ranges Ness' spike by a lot. Uair, fair or even an air dodge takes care of it. And I don't know what you're smoking, but ness is lighter than Marth. Mediocre recovery? Marth has a decent recovery(swat pkt1 much?). It's not amazing, but it's a hell of a lot better than Ness' recovery. Every single flaw you've pointed out in Marth, ness has it worse.

Also, the argument ended a while ago. Don't bump unnecessarily >> You're not stating anything new, so I'm forced to respond with things that aren't new as well. When you're posting old stuff, you're doing it wrong.

You're doing it wrong.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
also,
You have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, learn something before you speak. You have shown you obviously know nothing so go leave these boards and enjoy your own noobishness in peace.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
also,
Nothing is nastier than a footstool spike. Nothing.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
lol its true what they say about the marth boards...

ness is dead middle of the cast in weight, he looks small but hes not that light. marth is light
a good ness will never let his opponent eat his pkt1, that would be silly, you assume every ness player lacks skill and common sense apparently.
there are plenty of pkt2 tricks ness can do including getting your opponent stuck in the tail which isnt that hard to do.
ness bthrow kills marth at like 90 damage.
air dodge ness's spike and get hit by the lingering hitbox which will send marth flying further out, killing him regardless.
did i mention ness has pkf and pkt1?

marth has range and gay grab release stuff which solidifies the matchup in his favor

now im not saying that this is a win for ness but it sure as **** isnt 75/25 or wtf you guys said. all of you clearly possess no knowledge on ness but im glad you can pretend like you do.
im a marth main btw...

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Please tell me what ness can do to get into Marth's range?
Pkf and pkt1? Swat
Oh wait that's it.
If Ness DOES get into Marth's range, Marth grabs and ness gets destroyed. In a BEST case scenario, spacing resets and Ness recieves minimal damages. Oh ya, and he's back where he started.
Also
feardragon64 said:
Also, the argument ended a while ago. Don't bump unnecessarily >> You're not stating anything new, so I'm forced to respond with things that aren't new as well. When you're posting old stuff, you're doing it wrong.
I'm not going to argue with you anymore about this. Every time you think of an argument, go and read the match-up thread or this thread and you'll find your rebuttal. You clearly don't know your own main that well.

Top Bottom