• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marths f air

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I know that marth f air is extremely effective but I am having trouble deciding when exactly I should be using it...I like his n air because if hit correctly...the knockback is amazing...Should i tend to use it high %? low? follow up w a dtilt after???

Shuld i also be using this attack more than his n air?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Marth's FAIR is his best move...>_>

and yes you should be using it more then nair.

Watch how cort plays, and do that. >.>
All caps correction. This is what Aesir meant, stop posting late Aiser!

As you progress in this game, you will find that linking moves to better KO moves (shffl fair fsmash for example) will be more effective than using big knockback moves as your first approach. Plus like you said, nair has more knockback, making it usually unreliable to have decent follow ups. At practically all percents you can link something from a shffl fair.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Marth's comboes are amazing, because of his F-air. There's very little startup time and very little lag, and great for combo potential. You can do two F-airs in a short hop, use that to your advantage.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
marths fair is terrible u should approach with shffled uairs into down smash followed up by a neutral b you will never lose again.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
marths fair is terrible u should approach with shffled uairs into down smash followed up by a neutral b you will never lose again.
Sometimes I wonder if these are sarcastic or not.

Anyways, at OP. Fair is good for swatting people who approach (recklessly or not) and setting them up into combos. Retreat Fairs are really good. For approaching, spaced SHFFLed Fair is also good.

Marth's Fair is amazing and hard to punish with proper spacing especially when Marth is on the defensive. I don't see why you wouldn't be using it frequently...

And, like everyone else in the topic has stated, yes Marth's Fair is better than his Nair. Generally, you should being using Fair more than you Nair.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
ok, when you actually know what you're talking about come back and post fair loses to uair everytime... like i said shffled uairs into down smashes are pwn you can follow that up with a uair and then up b or u can like i said previously just stick with the neutral b preferably fully charged and then taunt.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I find it kind of hard to do a short jump and then an fair during a fight. Anyone have tips on how to practice at this?
Just practice. People, there is no "trick" on how to do stuff like SHDF or SHFFL fairs. Just freaking practice. Practice the short hop with Fox until you can do it perfectly without having to think about it. Then short hop with Marth and do a fair.

greenpika

Smash Cadet
well you could put your finger over the y and the a button and push forward. immediately after tapping y, roll your finger to press the a button. all while pusing forward of course

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Or use the claw! =P Really though, you've got plenty of time to move your thumb. Marth's shffl game really isn't that hard to master.

greenpika

Smash Cadet
but dont you use the same move? so whats the difference, how can you get shield grabbed by A but not the c-stick?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
but dont you use the same move? so whats the difference, how can you get shield grabbed by A but not the c-stick?
Say you sh and fair with A. It's not just A you have to hit but FORWARD on the Control Stick. This will cause you to move (however slightly you hit forward A and hold back to correct the DI) to move slightly forward. This can especially in pressure situations magnify to big spacing errors.

With the C-stick if you shorthop, the only button you have to hit to do a fair is left or right on the c-stick depending on your character orientation. Since you don't need to use the C-stick at all you will not move your character from his aerial position. In fact, for all aerials except nair (which can't be done with the C-stick) you can actually hold any direction and still perform the desired aerial with the C-stick.

So, therefore, the C-stick greatly enhances your aerial mobility and decreases mistakes while performing aerial attacks. Only downside is that it takes effort and practice to get fingers fast enough to use the C-stick effectively.

chaotic002

Smash Apprentice
i use to shuffle with the a button but then converted to c stick and now i can shuffle with ease and also better at air combat but it took me lots of practice to get the timing combos is the only thing i sometimes struggle with when using c stick because im new to it but i will probably get better.........You guys rock thanks for all your awesome knowledge now its time to pwn

Statuskuo

Smash Rookie
Sometimes, as a compromise, i use both the c stick and a when i feel like i dont have enough time to cstick. I'll use a on the first one, then cstick and space with the second one.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Obviously the only approach aerial for Marth you should ever use is your dair over and over.

Dair to Usmash. That sounds like a winning combo.

I promise.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Obviously the only approach aerial for Marth you should ever use is your dair over and over.

Dair to Usmash. That sounds like a winning combo.

I promise.
hey thanks for the advice, i tried it out and it made me win a huge tournament!
get it?
MINDGAMES!

Top Bottom