• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs. Ike: The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

daonlygman

Smash Rookie
I'm a big Marth player. There's always some controversy as to who is better: marth or ike? The post is in this section because all the character sections are so biased >.<. The Marth section says that Marth > Ike, while the Ike section says the Ike > Marth. What do you think is the truth and what are the reasons? Or do you think they are pretty much equal?

Cheetor720

Smash Rookie
What are you smoking? I'm an Ike main and Marth is guaranteed high tier, while Ike is low - mid mid tier at best. In the match up Marth should be better since all Ike has on him is range and power, but its not like like he's hitting Marth anyway.

zB.

Smash Cadet
Yea... if the Ike boards think that Ike is better than Marth then... um.... well.... yea. Ike has power and better range but that whole problem with him being a decent bit slower than Marth is kind of an issue. So yes, Marth is the better of the two when both are played at the same skill level.

Gary

Smash Apprentice
Marth. His attacks are way faster and are comparable to Ike's in terms of power.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Marth. His attacks are way faster and are comparable to Ike's in terms of power.
Faster? Yes. As strong as Ike? No, Marth just has an easier racking up damage because he can actually combo.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
marth is better.he is manlier too.
First sentence. Correct. Second sentence is WRONG-O.

That being said, they are both VERY gay men.

Seriously, the Ike boards are just now getting some smart people talking, which is about what, 3-4 people. Ike is sodomized by Marth, this isn't even a debate.

I should know, I was an Ike main, ehe.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
First sentence. Correct. Second sentence is WRONG-O.

That being said, they are both VERY gay men.

Seriously, the Ike boards are just now getting some smart people talking, which is about what, 3-4 people. Ike is sodomized by Marth, this isn't even a debate.

I should know, I was an Ike main, ehe.
Marth is CANONICALLY manly. (Married, in fact)

Ike is CANONICALLY gay. (Though only in one of the alternate finals)

AlexX

Smash Ace
Ike is CANONICALLY gay. (Though only in one of the alternate finals)
Sheesh people, he just gets hugged by his best friend. How is that auto-gay?

EDIT: Also, Marth is quite masculine in his official FE art. It's just his Smash art that makes him out to look feminine.

Cubes

Smash Cadet
There's a thread somewhere in the marth forums about why marth is the manliest character in brawl ...

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
If you knew the story of Marth's game, you'd know that hes probably the manliest game character ever, except for Link.

Anyway, Marth is better than Ike, unless its online.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Most of the people in the Ike boards are idiots which is why I no longer post there and ashamed to be an Ike main.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
saying ike is better then marth is like saying jiggs is better then meta :p

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Um, Ike fights for his friends. And the last time I checked, that easily blows Marth and his feminine outfit out of the water.

On topic though, Marth would win every time.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
I think Ike is better. His attacks are pretty much all stronger and he can k.o and extremely low percentages. Plus, even though Marth's final smash is extremely, extremely strong, if you don't hit some one, it will most likely kill you.:embarrass

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think Ike is better. His attacks are pretty much all stronger and he can k.o and extremely low percentages. Plus, even though Marth's final smash is extremely, extremely strong, if you don't hit some one, it will most likely kill you.:embarrass
blah blah blah stereotypical Ike mainer talk. =P

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
More manly contest: IKE FOR SURE!;)

Matchup: <__< I really hope I shouldn't be needed to answer this.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ike wins. See, it's all an epic mindgame. If you charge fsmash at the beginning of the match, Marth will walk right into it
and tipper fsmash you right before you would actually release it

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
Ike wins. See, it's all an epic mindgame. If you charge fsmash at the beginning of the match, Marth will walk right into it
and tipper fsmash you right before you would actually release it
Epic post.

I don't need to rack up damage on Ike's. I regularly kill them at 30%. Yay for gimping Aether!

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
This has to be some type of elaborate joke >_>

Marth >> Ike in basically everything except raw KO power, but that doesn't even really matter since Ike can't regularly land his 40% kill moves without huge mindgames, while Marth can just spam fair all day and edgeguard haha.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Uh huh, ohhh no. I wish. That's your foolish American version. Go see the japanland one and just...wow.

I wish I could find that topic back on my FE forum. Wow.
I thought you were being sarcastic until I saw that last line...

I go to an FE forum and know people who speak Japanese. That scene has already been translated and discussed, and it's no different from the English version. FE may have a history of implied homosexuality between some of characters, but Ike isn't one of them (heck, he hasn't really expressed interest in either gender...).

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I thought you were being sarcastic until I saw that last line...

I go to an FE forum and know people who speak Japanese. That scene has already been translated and discussed, and it's no different from the English version. FE may have a history of implied homosexuality between some of characters, but Ike isn't one of them (heck, he hasn't really expressed interest in either gender...).
Those people are liars then, lol.

Go *****@Inui, I think he's the one who broke the down the doors of the closet.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Marth is clearly the better of the two. There's not really much to debate about. Yeah Ike's attacks are strong, but good luck landing any of them on Marth. Plus, Marth's moves are too fast for Ike's counter as well.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Those people are liars then, lol.

Go *****@Inui, I think he's the one who broke the down the doors of the closet.
Who's Inui?

Regardless, I got my info from Ice Dragon and VincentASM, latter of which did the FE3 translation and the former is a stereotypical otaku purist. I think that qualifies them as a reliable source.

D

Deleted member

I reiterate, I will **** all of you. That includes both the marth players and the inferior ike players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom