• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs. Ike: The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Marth is clearly the better of the two. There's not really much to debate about. Yeah Ike's attacks are strong, but good luck landing any of them on Marth. Plus, Marth's moves are too fast for Ike's counter as well.
There's a vid on the Ike forums and it shows that the counter is just barely slower then marths. But it other statistics make Ike's counter better then Marth's.

daonlygman

Smash Rookie
Wait, you mean there's actually some debate regarding this?
Now I guess there is? Well I always thought Marth was better than Ike, but then i've never played against a super pro ike either. See, the smart people are the Ike mains who admit Marth is better. All the others are just stupid. But no... Marth is not manly. He looks like a woman with his hair.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Marth's better. Period.

Let's think about it from an indirect stand point: if you take your main, and your next match had something important like, say, you're life, on the line, would you be more scared to go up against a good Ike or a good Marth?

Fear the tiara: Marth is better.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Marth is way better. This is how you beat Ike:

Dancing Blade>Fsmash>SH double Fair>Fsmash him off the stage>Counter when he Aethers>Edgehog when he Quick Draws to recover.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, what? Counter when he Aethers? Just tipper fsmash him when he Aethers.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
^That works, but if you counter he flies sideways off the stage without jumps, so his only real option is a QD, and you can just edgehog. It works, I used it yesterday like 3 times in this tourney I hosted yesterday (yes, one of my friends used Ike).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Or you can tipper fsmash and he DIES OFF THE SIDE without jumps.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
There's a vid on the Ike forums and it shows that the counter is just barely slower then marths. But it other statistics make Ike's counter better then Marth's.
Marth's counter activates on frame 4.
Marth's counter frames last more than twice as long as Ike's.

The difference in strenght between the two counters is negligable (0.1%)

Marth's counter is much, much, much better than Ike's.

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Who do you guys think is better in terms of facing other characters? Basically, who would be higher on the tier list?

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
Marth's counter activates on frame 4.
Marth's counter frames last more than twice as long as Ike's.

The difference in strenght between the two counters is negligable (0.1%)

Marth's counter is much, much, much better than Ike's.
No, they last the same amount. But Ike has less vulnerability after his counter frames end. Marth's counter is still better though. And Marth owns Ike in every way.

acv

Smash Journeyman
Or you can tipper fsmash and he DIES OFF THE SIDE without jumps.
i heard that if you hit ike with a fsmash tipper he doesnt die of the side.he comes back from the other side just to get fsmashed again.

Frate

Smash Journeyman
I am surprised that there's no debate about who is most bisexual of those two... one fights for his friends and one has a tiara. *waits for excuses involving dead sisters etc*

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I think Ike is better. His attacks are pretty much all stronger and he can k.o and extremely low percentages. Plus, even though Marth's final smash is extremely, extremely strong, if you don't hit some one, it will most likely kill you.:embarrass
Is this a joke? What's happening to smashboards! PLZ go back to gamefaqs non-lurking n00bs!

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
But Ike has fire =\
This hurts Ike in the manliness of Ike vs the manliness of Marth debate, because Ike is a proven flamer (CF is the biggest flamer in the game and wears tights, I don't know where people are getting the idea he is manly, let alone straight).

daonlygman

Smash Rookie
this Hurts Ike In The Manliness Of Ike Vs The Manliness Of Marth Debate, Because Ike Is A Proven Flamer (cf Is The Biggest Flamer In The Game And Wears Tights, I Don't Know Where People Are Getting The Idea He Is Manly, Let Alone Straight).
Lol At The Tights

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
No, they last the same amount. But Ike has less vulnerability after his counter frames end. Marth's counter is still better though.
Counter frames means how long the move will still "counter" other attacks.

This is quite easy to test. Have a Marth and Ike down B at the same time. Have two other people hit both Marth and Ike at the end of Ike's counter frames (as in, hit them when Ike's counter finishes). You will immediately notice that Marth still counters, while Ike gets hit.

Marth's counter does indeed last longer than Ike's counter.

I am surprised that there's no debate about who is most bisexual of those two... one fights for his friends and one has a tiara. *waits for excuses involving dead sisters etc*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YalB0uEPqVk&feature=related

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Marth's counter is better, yes, but we (and by "we," i mean someone else) did a bit of research over at the Ike boards and found it to be not quite so bad as previously thought. Both leave the animation at the same time, with Ike's counter-frames centered more toward the end.

In any case the original poster of this thread obviously didn't really pay much attention during his brief visit to the Ike boards. =/

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Marth's better. Period.

Let's think about it from an indirect stand point: if you take your main, and your next match had something important like, say, you're life, on the line, would you be more scared to go up against a good Ike or a good Marth?

Fear the tiara: Marth is better.

DQCHU823

Smash Rookie
i dont care what all you say.. ike's better cuz he fights for his friends and he gives no sympathy

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
^
That is why no one love 2008 users... is like 80% are complete retardeds and this is coming from a 2008 user...

BTW: Ike fight for his friends, but besides soren, ranulf, boyd and oscar, who else are his friends?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
^
That is why no one love 2008 users... is like 80% are complete retardeds and this is coming from a 2008 user...

BTW: Ike fight for his friends, but besides soren, ranulf, boyd and oscar, who else are his friends?
Same, lol.

And Ike's best friend is an emo, no matter what, that's not exactly the most manly thing ever.

Marth wears a tiara, ehe. That's horrible. If I were forced to **** a dude, I hope he would look like Marth, because with enough booze he could be a chick.

Course if I were forced to have gay sex, I'd kill myself.

AzureFlameKite

Smash Cadet
Same, lol.

And Ike's best friend is an emo, no matter what, that's not exactly the most manly thing ever.

Marth wears a tiara, ehe. That's horrible. If I were forced to **** a dude, I hope he would look like Marth, because with enough booze he could be a chick.

Course if I were forced to have gay sex, I'd kill myself.
wow, just wow......and i'm ********?

acv

Smash Journeyman
^

ike fight for his friends?learn to write before you start criticizing other people.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
This topic is over. It was over after the second post. Now it has degraded into a fight about sexuality.

Quite honestly, this is gamefaq behaviour. When a stupid thread is made, you let one person answer it, then let it rot. You do not start arguing about whether a fictional character is gay.

I think the fact I had to mention that says a lot about the maturity of smashers.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Not all of us fall into the stereo type though right?:(

but yes Marth is better than Ike what made you think others wise like every Ike main here has said it already when did you visit our boards?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
in a way is kinda hard to say no,because anyone who played melee competitively joined long ago,most people who joined after oh say...april? are quite ovbiously new to the smash scene,but then again thats probably not 100% accurate(but y'know anyone can become pro in 4 months)

edit:i started in melee in like 04' but didint know about this place til i found it somehow

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I have no strong opinion either way.

Also I don't like Marth.
There's no opinion to be stated, Marth is better than Ike.

And this thread can go die now.

Mckilla, casual gamers don't go to tourneys, and tourneys are not formed for casual gamers.

Melee>Brawl is a fine opinion, don't be a douche about it and act like every jerk off who thinks he's the ****. I've seen enough Melee 'pros' ***** about Brawl because they're butt hurt to the point I cant even name names because it's all generic and stupid.

@AzureFlameKite: When the **** did I ever address you. You may not be ********, but you're an *** hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom