• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth is the best character in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Flame me. It's true. Marth is GOD TIER.

No, Fox and Falco do not **** you. They don't. It's true. Fox ***** you more than Falco, yes. But Fox can still be your *****. Just uthrow, its easy.

Why does the best player in the world use Marth? Becuase marth is the best character in the game. He went from the alleged best character, Fox, and siad "**** this, this blue ***** with a tiara is better." And now he's ****** everything.

Marth: Range, priority, range, range, big grab, great wavedash, great recovery, great weight, can't be chaingrabbed.

Fox: decent range, ok grab, decent wavedash, good recovery, chaingrabbed by almost everyone and its stupid.

Just don't deny it, Marth players. If they updated the tier list, it would be Marth in top tier. It should be

Marth
Fox
Sheik
Falco

So, I've enlightened you all. Marth is the best character in the game. I don't use him. I don't like him. But, he ***** and its hard to deny. Go have fun with your marths now

PS: Green marth is dope

PSS: leave this thread for at least a couple days b-will

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
A better player with fox>A worse player with Marth.
A better player with Marth>A worse player with Fox.
Equal skill level of the two players=Whoever is playing better that day will win.

The matchup is even homeboi.
This being said, Marth also goes even with Falco. So does Fox. Marth loses to Sheik. Fox wins vs sheik. Marth goes even or has a slight advantage vs Falcon. Fox does very well vs falcon.

Basically matchup wise Fox goes even at worse, and that's only @ 2 matchups. Marth has a disadvantage in a matchup, and goes even with a lot more characters than fox does.

I think it comes down to the players. F*** Character choice. Ppl say Marth gets ***** by Sheik, and Fox does well...M2K beats sheik with Marth and Fox. Cuz he's a good player.

Fox- Fast as ****, strong as ****, no lag, broken *** lasers, shine protects him from everything.

Yeah, fox is good lol.

Hax

Smash Champion
lol marth <<<<< fox. -_- all those things you listed don't even count, fox has the shine, and the speed to be gay with it, and that's that.

same with falco. falco > marth. =\

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
And I suppose you think M2K is the best in the world, then and you're basing this off of his recent success.

I was thinking the same thing, except it turns out Ken ***** the most recent tournament (right?) using marth though.

I think Marth should be in the top tier, possibly above falco, but probably below him. But never above fox. Fox has proven to be the best character in the game.

Hax

Smash Champion
i think marth vs fox is in marth's favor at FD and MAYBE yoshi's, but that's it. fox gimps marth way too easily with the recent edgeguarding trick discovered; shine out of shield after marth's up-b's.. instant kill as far as I know. =\

and imo, falco straight-up beats marth terribly if he plays smart. marth's best stages would again be FD and yoshi's but pillaring ***** marth hard.

D

Deleted member

he's right, every major tournament not won by PC is won by a marth in the past year. azen/ken/m2k.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
m2k did lose at evo world, but like whoever said it, Ken won using Marth.

Fox does gimp marth but marth gimps fox just as bad in many cases. falco is nottttttt > marth. i would say a perfect falco against a perfect marth would go to the marth. why does PC play Fox onmarth? because fox has a better chance lol.

i love you guys for not being jerks and flaming me though :-D

PS stop calling shine/dair combos pillaring.

/offtopic Metroid Prime 3 is amazing.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
The tiers should be revised, I agree.

God Tier:
Fox
Marth

Regardless the arguments presented, Fox is better than Marth, albeit only slightly.

Top Tier:
Sheik
Falco

These two are close to god tier, but have a slightly lower power level. Falco's true hindrance is his recovery, which is likely amongst the worst in the game. To really play Falco at high level, you need strong DI, good tech skill, and versatile mind games to mix up your recovery. Same goes for Sheik, although I have far fewer complaints about her recovery.

High Tier:

Peach
Captain Falcon

I believe Peach has fallen from her lofty status on the top tier recently. However, she is still the fifth strongest character option in the game, with Captain Falcon tailing closely behind.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Falco > Marth?

Hell, no.

WTF?

Since when has Falco done well in tourney lately? Not better then Marth that's for sure. Marth > Falco.

mog87

Smash Ace
I seriously would wet my pants if I got to see a perfect Marth vs a perfect Fox. That would be f'ing amazing
You would prolly see marth getting 4 stockeed with fox at like 0% damage.

And again just cause your buddies marth beats you doesnt make him god tier. And again Single characters dont usually win tournaments they do switch at some point (usually) even if its for a match. And dont say that doesnt count because that descision is the difference between a win or a loss.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
if you're talking about MY buddies marth, i don't lose to him lol. i'm just saying from what i've seen, marth ***** the game. that is all.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol, gamer, funny thread.
i'll leave this open for a couple days as you requested.

btw, marth does ****. it's really amazing what a marth with great spacing can do. it's almost unfair.

i've been known to main falco but ****, everytime i play with marth and just **** with good spacing and combos the more i like him. (lol gamer, i think my marth is gayer and probably better than my falco now, ive been using him a lot more than falco these days)

i think fox vs marth is dead even.

i think falco vs marth is in marth's favor slightly

despite what most people think, i think marth vs sheik is even, if not, sheik with a slight advantage. i say this because of spacing again; it can be really tough for a sheik to get in if the marth stays away with proper spacing. marth's range is too good.

marth is too good.

id almost agree with what you are saying, gamer. almost.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
@B-will. I think Falco vs. Marth is dead even. There's too many factors that come into play. Both can camp eachother, both have ridiculous combos on each other. There's one factor though on each side that causes any sort of advantage.

Marth's spacing.

Falco's ability to successfully recover.

okami473

Smash Apprentice
I have to say kdj did **** the crap outa m2k/ken as sheik vs all of them, but that wasent all that recent.

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
how is this thread not closed...any way has there ever been a fox main in the history of the world that won a major tourney?

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
srsly dont take the tier list so literal, top and high tier are basically equal. Basically if there is a match with any high tier vs. any top tier of ppl with the same skill the match will be close. Unless its peach, you need more skill to win with peach.

Remember tier list is based off which character does best in a tournament. The tier list is basically a food chain. If out of some where everyone picks of peach and becomes really good there will be less foxs and falcos and they would most likely pick up marth or sheik and they could possibly rise to top tier. So dont take the tier list so literal.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
It's arguable that all the top tiers take a considerable amount of skill to really be pro with them. Fox and Falco take the most, Fox being slightly harder as there is a physical limitation to what you can do with him if you just aren't fast enough with your hands.

Marth, Sheik, and Peach have always been hard to identify difficulty wise for me. All of them have an inherent power that even a novice can wield to a degree of success. However, to see which of these three is the most difficult to use? I'd honestly say Peach, followed very closely by Sheik.

EDIT: I will gladly play my Marth vs any Samus of around my skill level. There will be no **** from the Samus.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
And I suppose you think M2K is the best in the world, then and you're basing this off of his recent success.

I was thinking the same thing, except it turns out Ken ***** the most recent tournament (right?) using marth though.

I think Marth should be in the top tier, possibly above falco, but probably below him. But never above fox. Fox has proven to be the best character in the game.
Yes, I do think M2K is the best in the world, hands down.

This reminds me of a lil 'ol thread called "Why Marth Isn't Top Tier" which Emblem Lord DESPISED LOL

But yes, to answer your question I think M2K is the best in the world.

And also I do agree that Marth is the best in the game. You can really argue for any of the top 4 characters, and I do it all the time. It really does come down to player skill though, but if there had to be an overall best character, I would say Marth.

Slightlyvicious

Smash Cadet
Honestly, there is no BEST player or character for that matter. there are TOP players and players that win a lot, but it depends on how u look at it.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
@B-will. I think Falco vs. Marth is dead even. There's too many factors that come into play. Both can camp eachother, both have ridiculous combos on each other. There's one factor though on each side that causes any sort of advantage.
yeah, i don't know. it's just that marth and falco are my mains and i have a lot easier times playing against falcos as marth than when i play against marths as falco. one screw up with falco and you die. i think marth has a lot easier time to gay falco with combos and such than vice versa. at times, i feel like marth is a falco counter, lol, but i know that isn't the case.

how is this thread not closed...
because i didn't feel like closing it yet, lol. i'll close it in a couple of days; gamer wants this open so i am going to keep it open for a little bit.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
first of all, i know what the tier list is really about, Genuine, but thanks for your input.

and LOL B-will, you've gone to the darkside son! we're losing all the ****ing falco's. sean quit, shiz just quit, pc uses fox, and since you were the '3rd best falco' according to forward, you're now going to use ***goty *** marth? LOL! well ****, i'm a little afraid for out MM now that apparently you've been using marth more. but we'll still see, son. good points in your post tohugh. fox marth is even and falco marth favors marth, all that crap. marth with good spacing is tooooooooo goooooooooood. enjoy Yuma and get your *** back here to visit.

PS thanks for keeping it open for a few days, this **** is entertaining LOL

PSS we posted at the same time lol. marth is too gay on falco if falco makes a single mistake.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
This thread has so much flame potential.....

Nah, I'm screwing with you b-will, I won't do anything bad.

But some of these points are.....>.<;.

Marth is not the best character in the game. Tires don exits.

D

Deleted member

tiers are based on tournament results, and marth wins the most major tournaments. Therefore, marth is the best character in the game.

Um, PC Chris mained Fox at OC3 and won it outright. I'd say there's some proof.
true, but m2k also won FC and evo west in the same time period. PC winning OC3 as fox was the first major tournament won by fox since ken won MLG atlanta 2005.

D

Deleted member

the current tier list is flawed, it wasn't based on tournament results.

isn't it curious that m2k never got above 5th at MLG as a fox/sheik player but suddenly switches to marth and becomes the best in the world?

how about when ken tried to learn fox for tournaments and didn't do nearly as well?

there's always the arguement that marth has better players than fox players, but there are a lot more good fox players than marth players, but marth always seems to edge fox out at top level of play.

tournament results seem to summarize this argument the best.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
tiers are based on tournament results, and marth wins the most major tournaments. Therefore, marth is the best character in the game.

true, but m2k also won FC and evo west in the same time period. PC winning OC3 as fox was the first major tournament won by fox since ken won MLG atlanta 2005.

Correction. PC beat KDJ with Fox at MLG Vegas 2006 Championship which was the last major MLG tourney.

It's defintely hard to argue whether Marth is the best character, but the best players do use him and have been winning the majority of the tournaments with him. What I have noticed is that most Marth mains do secondary Fox and will not hestitate to use him for bad stages and/or matchups. The rate of advancement of Fox mains in the top 32 of most tourneys is higher than the number of Marth mains too. So some added points do go towards Fox when creating the tier list. Marth does get a lot of points for winning major tourneys, but only the best players can consistently win with him and probably could do the same with the other top 4. Marth looks kinda cool too minus the tiara.

I think the tier list should be Fox, Marth, Sheik in top tier. Falco Peach CF in high. This is based on the rate of advancement of characters used including secondary use in upper ranks of major and regional tourneys, tournaments won with the main character in major and regionals and character potential. Hopefully, tier lists are created based upon some rigid criteria like the one I provided above.

Marth mains worked hard this year to show his potential and results have shown why he is one of the best. Kudos to you guys!

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I hate to say it but I agree with the fruity peebles part.

And I can't really agrue tourney wise considering whats happened, it can really go back and forth.

I think the tier list should be based on the majority of the public, not just pros, thus marth not being first.

You have very valid points though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom