• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Guides

∫unk

Smash Master
I do update... notice my last update date... I even added to my own stickied thread.

I'm going to take down threads that are already on the stickies.

SOLID I'll add it just PM me the link.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
imo:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191157 (Shaya's thread)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208274 or this thread(link thread)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188570 (Question thread)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186736 (Match-up thread)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197441 (vid critique thread)

Basically sticky anything that has to do with our general customs(post videos to be critiqued in vid critique thread, quick question thread, etc.). Then sticky the match-up guide and a general marth guide. The rest just link in a separate sticky thing(this)

∫unk

Smash Master
lol XD

i knew that i didn't know going into scsa

you going to race's?

i'm going to more tournies this month than i ever have for brawl lol

edit: i saw all your edits ><

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm going to try and go.

If you really want to learn how to play with any character appropriately (and masterfully), tournaments are where it's at.

Edit: I just didn't want to come off as being a jerk. I have an interesting sense of humor.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Traps against you and your opponent (by Steel2nd) - Have an annoying roll/dodge/c-stick spamming friend that's beating you? It's probably cause he's trapping you. Read this thread to see how to deal with this incredibly annoying situation.

I just realized that this should be renamed and the description is inaccurate. Granted it's about traps, it only deals with ledge traps. It should be "Ledge Traps against you and your opponent" and the description should be:

"Having trouble recovering from the ledge or keeping someone from recovering from the ledge? It's probably because you're getting trapped, or are not trapping properly. Read this thread to see how to aptly deal with situations involving the ledge."

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I made a Marth guide too on AllisBrawl, but its more directed towards the newcomer crowd, but do you guys think it still should be on this thread? Here's the link btw:

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=35495

I always feel like there's still something that could be added to it, so maybe you guys can help me out on this too?

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Seriously this has to be update. I mean you should really add: BengalsRZ's Official "Marth counterpicking discussion" thread. Kadaj's "How to appropriately punish Metaknight" thread. "The Do's and Do not's of counter" thread by TKD+ITA+Mar=. EL's "Marth strategies" thread (old though). Solid's "Nair tactics" thread.And of course your own "how to get way better with Marth thread.
I don't want to be rude or anything but its quite a lot more convenient when everything is in the thread.

∫unk

Smash Master
Oh yeah I forget some ppl use this thread.

I'll edit now.

SOLIDs and TKDs thread aren't really worth stickying imo but I'll let the community decide.

∫unk

Smash Master
No I'd rather have you just play smash and work on your game. You should only read so much.

I'm adding color coding depending on who I think the threads are good for.

Of course feel free to read them all.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
No I'd rather have you just play smash and work on your game. You should only read so much.

I'm adding color coding depending on who I think the threads are good for.

Of course feel free to read them all.
Uhm i'm already the best in australia, and i don't even live there. I don't think i need to work on my game even more.

Lol sorry for that.
But the colors are nice yeah.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
you calling shaya out son?

and lol@ i dont need to work on my game

get your ego out of my marth board

∫unk

Smash Master
If people want some guide PROVIDE ME THE LINK.

I remember BengalsZ sent me a bunch I added a few I think but if I missed any lmk.

Bengals: I'm not adding that movement thread cause it's not applicable to anything right now sorry. I'm not going post a bunch of hypothetical stuff that isn't even feasible anytime soon (and probably never will be).

**Havok**

Smash Lord
that guide for fighting Snake isn't actually written by THE tkd in SoCal. It's someone else. Just a heads up Junk XD.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
If people want some guide PROVIDE ME THE LINK.

I remember BengalsZ sent me a bunch I added a few I think but if I missed any lmk.

Bengals: I'm not adding that movement thread cause it's not applicable to anything right now sorry. I'm not going post a bunch of hypothetical stuff that isn't even feasible anytime soon (and probably never will be).
Ok, thanks and I understand

*EDIT: Can you fix my name in the OP? You have it written as BengalsZ rather than BengalsRZ

∫unk

Smash Master
also does someone want to take over this thread? whoever steps up i'll just copy paste all the text and send it to you on an e-mail or PM then you can make a new thread/take off this sticky.

i love helping newer players but i like doing it way more irl and not on wifi or on here. i'll still help ppl out that IM me :D

Top Bottom