• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Guides

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
db in the air looks sexy and works against everyone but good people

seriously though sh db works on floaty chars (wario/jiggz) and big chars but it's not recommended to spam. like maybe once or twice a match at most.

and pierce i'll add your thing when i'm not so lazy i know i've put it off for a while i'll get to it this weekend.
Bolded for truth.

Supernova757

Smash Apprentice
Marths overall gameplay is still quite reiliable. They made his grab range smaller, and his sword range, as well.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Did you just bump a sticky?

wtf

Anyway, I need to test this, but I wanted this list in a thread that wasn't locked and sinking to the abyss.

Eh, sometimes, Dtilt to Dancing Blade is a combo. Sometimes Dtilt to Fair is a combo. Sometimes Fair to dtilt is a combo. Jab to jab is a combo. Fair to ftilt is a combo sometimes. Uair to Usmash/utilt can be a combo. Fair to Dancing Blade can be a combo. Uair to Dolphin Slash can be a combo if the Uair is autocancelled (not advised.) Dair to Usmash is a combo if you Dair someone through the lower platform on Battlefield, and tip. Fthrow to grab is a combo. Dthrow to grab can be a combo. Dancing Blade is a combo. Fthrow to Fsmash is a combo. Dthrow to Fsmash can be a combo. Dtilt infinitely combos against a wall, and combos into many other things. Under the stage, First hit of Dancing Blade to Dolphin Slash/Fair is virtually a combo, since the option of airdodging is nullified.

Of course, this is dependent on opponent characters and percentages. Also, by using walls, ceilings, or items, there are many more combos.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uses of jab

A) Jab locking your opponent is vastly underused. MANY MANY times players ignore it when they cause their opponent's to pratfall through the use of an fthrow or dthrow, or even by a low percent Dancing Blade. Here, you should proceed to jab lock people. It's actually amazing, because once you land the first hit, the opponent is forced to stand straight up. Tipper Fsmash anyone?

B) To block short ranged SH appraoaches quickly. Ftilt is good, as it deals more damage, more knockback, and has more range, but jab is just amazingly fast.

C) When edgeguarding. It's so easy to follow up it's a joke.

D) To block a glide attack. Unless it's aimed at nearly the top of your head, jab is an AMAZING option to block glide attacks and maintain advantage, especially MK's.

LAWZ

Smash Cadet
all of this info will really help my marth game...I'm hoping to make him my second or third main...thx ^_^

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok so we all know how in Meele, MArth was a meteor smashing god. Well in Brawl it's a little harder for me. I don't need help with the D-air meteor smash I just need some really helpful insight on the Dancing sword meteor smash. I know it has been nerfed in brawl. I know it works because when I had a ditto match with a lvl 9 marth, he dancing sword meteor smashed me while I was trying to recover.

Just incase you dont know what I'm talking about, it's marth's 3rd strike I think where he turns to the side and swings his sword to the ground(not the multiple strike attack)

*note* this has only happened to me once but I want to figure it out so I can get better and be a meteor smahing freak again with marth. Much help would be appreciated.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey. Where's the Q&A Thread for Marth? I can't find it...........:( Or is this it? If So............ I am not new to marth. He is one of my best chars. but I don't know his advanced strategies. So can somone please help me?? Thanks Much.:)

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Edited some old stuff out. Added new stuff.
Sweet!!! I need some new stuff. Thanks!

Oh and BTW.............. What do you like better??? A canceled Dancing Blade combo into a Dolphin Slash, a canceled dancing blade combo into a counter, or a canceled DB combo into a Shield-breaker? And what's your fav. full combo for DB? Mine is: side-up-down-down.

Palpi

Smash Hero
In my opinion it is all situational. Ending up is a kill at around 110% or can begin a "combo" at -25% ending down is probably the most raw % which should be probably used mid percentages, but Feardragon did say, in response to me, if your indecisive go all forward.

∫unk

Smash Master

Oh and BTW.............. What do you like better??? A canceled Dancing Blade combo into a Dolphin Slash, a canceled dancing blade combo into a counter, or a canceled DB combo into a Shield-breaker? And what's your fav. full combo for DB? Mine is: side-up-down-down.
mmm... Dancing Blade into f-air or n-air if it's at low percent.

Just the regular side-side-side-side is the most reliable/safest.

You want to keep your attacks simple and your movements/patterns complicated. That's how you win with Marth.

My Stage thread is still not on this. Why is that?
Take a guess.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
The stage threads barely get any contribution most of the time which makes me question their validity. It's probably one of the most overlooked subject on the boards right now.

Genoisdabest

Smash Cadet
when i saw the title i thought it was going to be something completely different than what it really is and i actualy thought it would be kinda dum but then i saw it stickied and looked at it. its epic but the title should be changed to something like marth guide finder
EDIT: there you go

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice

Wait. Doed he mean just stop during a DB variation or is there some new way to cancel it and be faster?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Okay, maybe we should agree on which threads should be stickied and which should not >_>

Imo it should be:

List of useful threads
FAQ
Q&A
Marth Finder
Matchup Guide

Top Bottom