• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Back Room Application Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Smash Ace
IDK I wouldn't make it anyway lol. Everything I would have to say about Marth has probably already been said by other people. It would nice to be in the MBR since he's my favorite character but oh well.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I'm just curious cause:

Pierce doesn't post here anymore, and I remember reading one of his blog articles talking about how he wasn't going to worry about impressing people anymore. That and it seemed like he was more interested in things like trying out his mario and such than progressing Marth. I could be wrong but iono.

Steel doesn't main Marth anymore. I'm not saying he's not knowledgeable, but I don't think he's really trying to research Marth or anything at the moment. I'm also pretty sure he still holds the view that the metagame is dead and there's not much left to do.

Peepee is ballin but he lurks a lot and plays way more melee than brawl. He didn't really post a lot in MBR when I was there and I(could be wrong but) don't think he's the kind of guy who wouldn't post because there were too many people. I'm pretty sure he just prioritizes melee more than brawl.

Shaya I'm sure is still active and trying to research Marth but he's in Australia so he's limited to Australian metagame minus vids he can watch(no offense Shaya, but you know when you came to the US that people play really differently. I'm sure you got some experience of the American Metagame but you know what I'm trying to say).

MikeHaze is also really chill but he doesn't post that much in general. Not sure how active he is now.

Neo still hasn't joined. lol

I'm not trying to diss the MBR, I'm just honestly curious if MBR is doing anything. If you guys are it must be some super secret stuff to only let 4 Marth mains know. At which point, I would figure most of the talking you guys do is on aim.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm just curious cause:

Pierce doesn't post here anymore, and I remember reading one of his blog articles talking about how he wasn't going to worry about impressing people anymore. That and it seemed like he was more interested in things like trying out his mario and such than progressing Marth. I could be wrong but iono.

Steel doesn't main Marth anymore. I'm not saying he's not knowledgeable, but I don't think he's really trying to research Marth or anything at the moment. I'm also pretty sure he still holds the view that the metagame is dead and there's not much left to do.

Peepee is ballin but he lurks a lot and plays way more melee than brawl. He didn't really post a lot in MBR when I was there and I(could be wrong but) don't think he's the kind of guy who wouldn't post because there were too many people. I'm pretty sure he just prioritizes melee more than brawl.

Shaya I'm sure is still active and trying to research Marth but he's in Australia so he's limited to Australian metagame minus vids he can watch(no offense Shaya, but you know when you came to the US that people play really differently. I'm sure you got some experience of the American Metagame but you know what I'm trying to say).

MikeHaze is also really chill but he doesn't post that much in general. Not sure how active he is now.

Neo still hasn't joined. lol

I'm not trying to diss the MBR, I'm just honestly curious if MBR is doing anything. If you guys are it must be some super secret stuff to only let 4 Marth mains know. At which point, I would figure most of the talking you guys do is on aim.
I know more about Marth than 99% of people here, I don't like brawl but I still get enjoyment out of discussing it.

Albert.

Smash Master
I know more about Marth than 99% of people here, I don't like brawl but I still get enjoyment out of discussing it.
but That's all second-hand information, you silly elitist!

:)

EDIT!

The Metaknight backroom has been inactive for like over 1.5 months according to affinity. MK RULEZ
That's because the only match-up worth discussing for MK is the MK ditto LOLLLL why would they all help each other... hurt each other? xD

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Steel I think you misunderstanding what I was saying on you. Like I said, I know you're knowledgeable about Marth and that you enjoy talking about him(or you obviously wouldn't bother voicing your opinion on those kinda matters). My point was more that you aren't actively playing Marth or looking for NEW things with him. I don't doubt you wouldn't discuss them and voice useful opinions on things. It's more just that you aren't LOOKING to improve his metagame. I think that's a decently fair thing to say.

And mk backroom had the all important task of figuring out how to beat mk outside of mk dittos to not get banned. lmao

Guess they don't need to worry about that now though. xD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I still like to discuss Brawl and learn about it.

I was intimidated, then bored, later on in the MBR due to prestigious people and lack of activity, respectively.

I am more than willing to work on my Brawl Marth, or anything about Brawl Marth in general, when it is needed and I feel like I can contribute.

I like Melee more, but that doesn't mean I don't keep up with Brawl Marth stuff/want to learn more basically.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
lol fear.

My contributions to Marth aren't completely held back by the ocean.
I know things even 99% of the people who say they know more than 99% of the people don't know :p.
And I'm not offended.

Knowing about Marth's capabilities, options, etc etc at the point I do, and -still- try to advance upon those. It doesn't mean I'm an awesome player (wait, aren't I? :)) but I understand just about everything I see - and that's pre-america; it's the experience and muscle memory and ability to apply that knowledge at over 9000 power levels (or at least whats important) that seperates many.

Only real thing america taught me was how to handle MK spacan (spacing that helps your entire game), what spammy tricks to abuse that everyone spams and abuses, and what communities need to become uber; and as a guy who tries to manage his smash community I'm all about implementing those things so next time I'll **** =) East Coast, New York, 2010, Summer (need to win the lottery again so I can afford it lololol).

What am I kidding? I already did ****.

**** it I'm going to Brazil.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I left it

I suggest someone who is more active here make it. Kadaj, Shaya, or Junk would be fine. I don't know where pierce's priorities are at the moment.

BTW don't invite me to the next one if you decide to make it

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'd just like to point out that I haven't been actively maintaining the MBR because my computer got a virus. Now that it's repaired, it's back on priority, because I can post fluently on smashboards again.

Since I'm here, let me tell you all a bit about the direction I want MBR to head in. At first, I was like "zomg, there's like 72380281y328170ninetynine2389423789 people in here, and everyone is b****ing," so I purged it. Then I was like, zomg everyone here needs to be like, MikeHaze level or better, so I was over-strict in looking for god players that do not exist. Right now, I feel like I want 11 people in the MBR. That doesn't mean I'm going to be accepting every single application, but if you feel like you're top 15 Marth's in the world in terms of playing and knowledge, please feel free to apply again.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hello people.

I know this may hurt Pierce, but with the Marth board's best interests in heart, I've recreated the MBR.

The revived MBR is going to be discussing match ups (i.e. continue/complete the ones that the boards said needed rediscussion) from this point.
The MBR is invite only, but anyone can read it's contents.
The members will fluctuate with need; Any match up discussion will probably invite well respected mains of said character, and they will leave/be booted upon reasonable completion.

If a match up is being discussed and a Marth main can prove they got the goodz, at least in said match up, they may be invited, temporarily or otherwise.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1579

-

Raziek, I watched one of your videos and read over one of your listed articles.
You have a reasonable ability in articulation, but it seems a common theme is your over all lack of knowledge of high level play, or a very indepth understanding of the game.
Your Marth's main issues is a lack of zoning (onstage/offstage) and having room to improve on your spacing.
Please continue to get better, and if/when the MBR discusses Luigi, you may be a prime canditate for a temp (or proper) invite.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Not at all, I've just been exceptionally busy with school lately.

Actually, I approve of this idea. While I have a lot of ideas for the MBR, and do really want it to flourish, I must admit to everyone when my schedule can get overbearing. While MBR is important to me, in the scale of all the things in my life, it cannot take priority at the moment. Therefore, I wholeheartedly approve of Shaya taking over the project. It is quite obvious that I am unable to give my devotion and lead such an organization at the moment, and it is unfair to all of you for me to try and fake it.

Shaya, let me know what you want me to do as far as this thread is concerned. Steel, I believe you can lock it in the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom