• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

Foe

Smash Journeyman
I want to play someone. Not tonight though. But I want to play people who are good because I suck, almost as bad as my brother.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Anyone else notice that there is like a D.K. epidemic? Jeez, faced 4 people in a row who plays as D.K. But the most annoying is a dk with a team of toads, because with the toad's awesome passing, and Dk's power makes it very hard to win:(.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I played four Luigis on the lava stage. I hate streaks.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hey guys, I just got some vids up of me playing, please comment and give me tips on how to get better.
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67L-XNzduyg

They arent in the best quality, but thats the best I could do with my camera:urg:. Please comment:).
Sand Tomb huh. I like how you did a Striker Shutout on that person, (means not giving your foe any ponits). That's a good team for Luigi, a speedy balance. Just use your items wisely, then do more Mega Strikers, (on pros. it will be a waste unless it's 5 or 6 or if they get tired, lol).

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
There has got to be an easier way of finding people to play against other than using this forum.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Not meaning activity, I just mean in general, I know of a MUCH easier way to get games, but I'm saving that method for brawl.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Well its a method that needs to be developed by the community as well.

I'm waiting to launch something for Smash that will make getting friend codes MUCH easier. Basically it involves live communication over posting on boards.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Here is another vid of me playing, please give me tips:).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c76ypVZTWQM
You seem to shoot very much with your DB and Toad. If I were you, I would've worked more on getting the ball white and let Luigi or Hammer Bro take care of the shooting. It looks like your Hammer Bro has a defensive position on the field. The only thing he is good at in that position is passing, and he is terrible in defending. Now, your opponent wasn't superb, so it didn't really matter in this game. But if your opponent is somewhat tough in defense, try walking up with your defending player (while he posseses the ball) to lure down some of the opposing defenders, and then air-pass to your attacker, who is now unmarked! It's a good idea to have a powerful or balanced player on the offense there. Now, I can't say I'm familiar to your playing-style after watching one game, but you seem to have the same playing-style as me. If I were you, I would've changed Hammer Bro to Toad or DB, depending on if you want good defense, or extremely good offense.

EDIT: I'm not the person you should speak with if you want one of those "speed-teams", but remember, the ball is faster than the player. In most cases.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Thanks, I'm gonna try to shoot more with my Hammer Bro. I think I should position my sidekicks differently, because my dry bones plays in the back, but he usually always ends up at the front to take the shot:/.
JonBeBonanza and I have serioulsy good matches lately (well, he wins mostly), but I need to tape some videos of us, since they seem pretty entertaining to watch.
I will be going online momentarily.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
im goingoninlike15min no connection right now,butdoes anyoneknowif theother kritter glitches have been removedfrom later versions?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
i'll play if you want. haven't played since august >_< lol, ill have to add your fc, mines in the first post if you dont have it

Patinator

Smash Champion
Gotta admit: this game is kinda hard. I just started playing last night. I'm not that bad, but I can't beat the Fire Cup. ;_;

Well, it WAS with Wario... Who's the best Road to the Striker Cup character?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
hey jon, will you help me test out something? i need to do a non serious match to see if a trick shot works, if you help me see if it works online, ill show you how to do it.

EDIT: My kritter glitch works, its extremely hard to actually do, but i got it on some guy and he quit. i would if someone did it to me. this is more of an actual glitch for boo than the lob shot lol

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's super cool. It doesn't just make Kritter miss a light lob like the boo lob glitch does, which only abuses the limited AI of Kritter, but this one abuses Kritters movement, and guarantees a goal. Hard though, very hard.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Buzz, this one pretty much is... i found a video of it. it is most definitely a glitch, the one im talknig about, you know im a proponent of not calling the lob shots glitches.

And will we be able to play tomorrow?

Here's a video of how to do the glitch that i had thought i discovered, but really didnt, and how it works for the ntsc version of the game, its much different on the pal version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0kTHo5htoY

try and tell me its not a glitch lol.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
The only true weakness of soccer(football)-games, are the lack of good AI's for the goalie. Kritter is a golden example. In most soccer-games, you mostly score randomly, the goalie just happens to be a frame slower or two than before, and it's a goal! Kritter is not an exception.

wgwolverines post above prooves it very much.

But I've seen another glitch, something quite strange that happened to me twice in a game. Kritter don't seem to pick up balls passed from the other side of the field. One guy I faced passed in direction of my goal, without any of his players picking up the pass. The ball went straight through Kritter and into the goal. I don't know how often this happens, maybe you've seen it too?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
that's called an excessive pass
you basically pass to a player down field and move that player so they wont pick it up.
also youtube vids on this, ill repost with one.

Top Bottom