• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hey Buzz, sorry for the DC inbetween matches. I had to leave for a bday party.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Any of you guys have the official Nintendo Lan Adapter? Does it work good? I've been using wireless up until now and keep getting lag and disconnected. My router is literally less than a foot a way from my Wii.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
ok, the weirdest thing just happened to me. i do a random match, and play some guy thats got 6 wins and 1 loss. so im like 'finally a challenge'...i get to the first game, and he sucks, alot. i win 10-0. he had a team of yoshi and 3 birdos. he couldnt block megastrikes to save his life either.

so the second game starts, and he's playing the same as last game...but for some reason, none of my shots are going in. and i have 2 hammer bros on my team shooting. he was smarter the second game about not letting me fire any megastrikes, though. it was tied 0-0 until about 5 seconds left, and then he gets a birdo skillshot off with everyone stuck by thwomps (its on sand tomb). i ended up with 14 shots fired, and 0 goals. he won the second match.

then i get to the third game, thinking 'ok he got really lucky last game, this time im going to **** him like the first game!'...the same thing happened. i only had 10 shots fired, cause i was going for megastrikes half the time, but still no goals from shots. i did manage to get one megastrike off, and got a 3/green, and one of those went in (he really really sucked at blocking them). but he tied it up and then won in sudden death. funny thing was, none of his goals were from normal/charged shots either, they were all birdo skillshots. so wtf??? the goalies suddenly decide to get superskilled or something? i had an easier time scoring goals on petey in the striker cup. i really really want to say he was cheating (hacking), but i dont know. it could have been a really unlucky game for me.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Any of you guys have the official Nintendo Lan Adapter? Does it work good? I've been using wireless up until now and keep getting lag and disconnected. My router is literally less than a foot a way from my Wii.

I have it, and it works like a charm. I think there was even a Wii Update that made the connection better for the LAN adapter.

I highly reccomend it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hey Buzz, sorry for the DC inbetween matches. I had to leave for a bday party.
No sweat, dude. Those were awesome matches. I almost had ya, but you're just too good. I really need to work on intercepting aerial passes/shots. We are very similar in skill. We should play again sometime. Sadly, I only rented the game and just got back from returning it. But I'm sold on it! I am going to buy it once my funds permit (hopefully the next few days). So, my friend code may change. :(

How did everyone end the season? I finished with 115 wins and 100 losses with an overall ranking of about 225 (I forgot to write down my exact number of points).

petre, I know exactly how you feel. I would completely dominate people in the first match but barely win in sudden death or sometimes lose in the following two matches. I really don't know how to explain it.

The people that I hate playing the most are the ones who can walk up to the middle of the field, shoot, and score on me without charging or rebounding or anything. I always think I am in an OK position, and then BOOM I get scored on without warning. DK doing it is understandable, but Koopa Troopa just ticks me off. I had to reset my strategy to have my teammates gun for him. I became so desperate to wasting every shell I had on Koopa Troopa approaching the center of the field.

By the way, I searched the Internet for a good forum and could not find one. So, unless someone knows of a better one, I took the liberty of making one. Soooo... STRIKERS UNITE! -- http://s11.invisionfree.com/Strikers_Elite/

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
volrec, the last time i checked, you didn't have me, but that could've changed. I've definitely got you, though.

Is it possible to turn cheats on while you're doing "battle friends" over wi-fi? Because whenever I play my friend, and he's the "host" (sorry for the gears/halo reference), he gets all these garbage goals, which lead me to ponder if he's using the weak kritter cheat. my suspicion was furthered after I beat him by a large margin when I was host, and my kritter only let in 2 goals, both of them hammer skillshots.

Can this be done? Or am I just trying to find an excuse for the fact that I suck at times?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
volrec, the last time i checked, you didn't have me, but that could've changed. I've definitely got you, though.

Is it possible to turn cheats on while you're doing "battle friends" over wi-fi? Because whenever I play my friend, and he's the "host" (sorry for the gears/halo reference), he gets all these garbage goals, which lead me to ponder if he's using the weak kritter cheat. my suspicion was furthered after I beat him by a large margin when I was host, and my kritter only let in 2 goals, both of them hammer skillshots.

Can this be done? Or am I just trying to find an excuse for the fact that I suck at times?
yeah, you can turn on any unlocked cheats in friendly battles...i have yet to pull that on anyone, but soon ill play someone with high powered fences and infinite items on...

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
I really want to try it. I also want to play the first one, too.

How good was the first one?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
yeah, you can turn on any unlocked cheats in friendly battles...i have yet to pull that on anyone, but soon ill play someone with high powered fences and infinite items on...
alright thank you, i didn't want to accuse him of anything until I was sure that the claim would hold up.

I have found new love in Petey Pirhana. I like the ability to have a nice shot, but also the ability to hit well. Monty doesn't really do it for me because I don't like his deke, and petey's special also basically gives you a free perfect-6. As long as the opponent doesnt have a shell :laugh:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The perfect-6 is only effective against some opponents. I had one guy fire three sets of the perfect-6 at me... I blocked every single one. Honestly, I never depend on my captain's power shots to win the game (but I do fire them if a blatant opportunity presents itself).

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
The perfect-6 is only effective against some opponents. I had one guy fire three sets of the perfect-6 at me... I blocked every single one. Honestly, I never depend on my captain's power shots to win the game (but I do fire them if a blatant opportunity presents itself).
True, I am also an accomplished megastrike blocker. However, there is always the chance that the opponents controller will get caught on the side, off the sensor bar's range or something. Then, if he blocks all 6 once, i just charge the shot all the way up and then release it. thats usually good for a goal.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
if you charge the ball up all the way (to the whiteish glow) the passes will be deemed "perfect" and will go slow-mo. as volrec said, dramatic showdown.

In other news, I just beat a guy 28-2, dry bones & hammer shot-less. I had 20 shots fromt the air, 4 boo dekes, and a 4/6 mega strike. I teleported into my own goal twice to make sure he wouldnt quit.:laugh:

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Once I get 10 points I normally have mercy and teleport into my goal 5 or 6 times so that the other person still gets some points.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have my new code: 193382 133784

I bought the game today. YAYUHZZ!

GAW, be sure to update my code on your Wii. :)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone! Been on with a Nintendo CS guy for a half-hour! expect a FC shortly!

50 minutes of no results. put on hold to try to find more stuff. I have a sore ear. Nintendo has kick*** hold music!

D'OH! 1 HOUR AND NOTHING!

off to calling the ISP!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I have my new code: 193382 133784

I bought the game today. YAYUHZZ!

GAW, be sure to update my code on your Wii. :)

I'll add you now, ok? I'll be on if anyone wants to play the suckiest person ever! (sigh)

Mr. GAW just ***** my as*. Twice.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol @ Buzz's code. I'll add you, Buzz... once WaterTails gets an fc code.

bowser
hammer bros dry bones

dry bones =broken That's what my friend's team was. I still haven't quite figured out my captain, etc. I need to find the captain with the best deke/special.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
buzz i got ur new FC added.
im gonna be on and off pretty much the entire day, because its my last day of summer break, and i want to make the most of my new wii before it inevitably gets taken because of my horrible work ethic.
anyways, just send me an invite and we can play some if i'm on.

Top Bottom