• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The One-Trick Pony

LOL! My code is 1337! That's hot! I'm kinda busy today, but I'll try to find a time to jump on. ^_^

I often meet people online who use three of the same sidekick. Very rarely do these people play them skillfully. In other words, there is one move/trick the player always wants available to them, so they make all their teammates the same. What sets have you seen?

3 Dry Bones -- Before I knew about the teleport trick, this guy cleaned my clocks. He must've beaten me by at least 6 with nothing but Dry Bones teleport goals.

3 Toads -- Fortunately, I was more experienced before meeting one of these sets. I lost the first match of the set because the guy had mastered the timing of Toad jumping over the goalie. In the following two matches, I managed to smack his Toad's around and anticipate his repeating jumps, so I came out on top. ^_^

3 Boos -- I played one good player and one pathetic player. The pathetic player simply attempted teleport scores, and it was an easy victory for me. The good player mixed things up and only teleported into the goal on occasion. He beat me pretty good. I simply do not understand Boo combos. >_<

I've never run into someone who used 3 Hammer Bros. The message must be pretty clear that HB is too slow to occupy every slot in the team, but I have met dozens of teams consisting of 2 of them. I used to use 2 HB back when I thought they were 'broken'. :D Now that I am decent at the game, I can easily defeat such teams.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Speaking of tricks, I have found two little tricks that I want to try to get to know better.

1)My oponent had tossed a red shell earlier, and it was bouncing from side to side. His kritter threw the ball out to his character, and as it left his hand, the shell swept by and rocketed the ball back into the goal. Apparently, if the shell hits the ball, it is sent at a charged-shot speed the opposite direction. interesting...

2)As time ran out, this same kid hit B to desperately try to score and take it to overtime. He was on his side of the field, mind you, so he simply punted it away. However, the ball, instead of bouncing off the fence, landed IN THE AUDIENCE and sat there for the .8 seconds left in duration. I'm wondering if this can be done in-game, or if it only happens as time expires?

Any thoughts?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
lol, that second one sounds like a funny glitch. that would be hilarious if you could pull that off right after scoring a single goal...

and on that first one, yeah, shells reflect balls...ive had quite a few times where they actually save goals for me (a couple were drybones skillshots, the ball goes flying in the air...).

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
i just got done facing [w r] PMario. aka last week's #1.
He plays like a b*tch. all boo and toad dekes. He had one legit goal the entire series.
I beat him the first game, and I think he felt threatened, cuz he hammered me with a trip-freezeshell and hopped rigth over the kritter. then he just kept it up every time he got the ball.
it didnt help that we were on thunder island and I kept losing my only two scoring players (petey and hammer bro)...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It sucks, but all is fair. I hate one-movers. >_<

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i just got done facing [w r] PMario. aka last week's #1.
He plays like a b*tch. all boo and toad dekes. He had one legit goal the entire series.
Baaaaw. "Legit" goals? They all sound legit to me. It would seem a mighty large thing for the developers to overlook.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Baaaaw. "Legit" goals? They all sound legit to me. It would seem a mighty large thing for the developers to overlook.
I'm sure he meant 'legit' as in shots a real soccer player would make. It feels better to play a game where both sides use kicks from a distance to score rather than someone who uses dekes on the goalie. :(

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
exactly, buzz. I agree though, all is fair.
I count them as garbage because that was all he did.
It's okay though. When I scored a sweet volley, I made him sit through the replay.
I also take pride int he fact that in order to be the number 1, he has to devote his life to this game.
Its a good game, but not like that. Now, once Brawl comes out...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
When I scored a sweet volley, I made him sit through the replay.
I hate people like you. :laugh: But I get my revenge later when I make my opponent sit through my replays. ^_^

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
In other news, I'm tearing it up in Ranked online.
172 overall
36-20
554 points.
yowza. i play this too much.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hell yeah. Some noob makes me watch his replay, GUESS WHAT? YOU BE WATCHIN' TEH MATCH HIGHLIGHTS. It only makes me want to score more to make him sit through more replays.

I'm a ******* like that.

As far as I'm concerned, dekes are just as fair and easy to stop as shots. Toad deke is easy as all hell, just take a dry bones or someone with a good steal and sit them behind the goalie when you see Toad headed your way. Same thing for Boo.

I mix it up, of course. If I shoot enough, my opponent won't see it coming when I teleport one in. I don't really use Boo's deke, DB's is just so much better.

I'm kinda frustrated right now though. I just faced 3 people in a row who were ranked 200+.

I got swept the first and second matches, and the third match, I won the first game, lost the second, and got DC'd on the third.

I was planning on having a perfect season, too. :(

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I was planning on having a perfect season, too. :(
I'll tell you what... I'll made a dud Mii for you to annihilate over and over all day. I'll just sit and eat sandwiches as you score 200 points on my idle characters. Savvy?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
**** boos. This guy I was playin the other day was a *******. He had this boo in the team (he was very good btw) that would manage to slip thru my defenses and.... Score the freaking deke goal. I was very pissed off after that. 030171 705720. <<< ma strikers number

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
For the record, my Mii online looks nothing like me. XD

Volrec

Smash Lord
I must admit, ever since I found out the Dry Bones teleport so easily(chip it chip it tele down kick), I have been abusing it. Like crack I tell you.

In other news, this is how you counter Dry Bones skillshot:
I found this out the other day, when I was getting tired of having to tackle just so i could get the ball from a Dry Bones, but you dont have to. When a DB charges up, get a decently fast character and go in the goal. When the rebound goes back to DB, he will most likely shoot. Using the character in the goal, hold Z and MASH the A button. You will pass to one of your team mates. Sky's the limit from now on.

I did it 3 times in one match, guy thought he was all cool and shii.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Same with my mii Buzz.

And volrec, yeah, you press Z (locks down the character you're using so you wont change when you press A) then A for a pass. The same when intercepting the air passes.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
well, i held my own with petey.
nice games petre. I must say my daisy needs some improvement. I just can't pull it off like wolverine...

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I found this out the other day, when I was getting tired of having to tackle just so i could get the ball from a Dry Bones, but you dont have to. When a DB charges up, get a decently fast character and go in the goal. When the rebound goes back to DB, he will most likely shoot. Using the character in the goal, hold Z and MASH the A button. You will pass to one of your team mates. Sky's the limit from now on.

This woks excellently, Volrec, but heres an extra little something for you to do in case it happens to you. After the shocker rebounds back to you, pass it to a character with a decent shot and have them hit it, usually it'll be the guy left open when they went to the goal. This way, they risk leaving a power guy open by trying to deflect the lob.

MINDGAMES!

petre

Smash Lord
For the record, my Mii online looks nothing like me. XD
same here. i hope i wasnt scaring anyone away.

aayrk, those were some crazy matches. that last game was in my favor i think, though...i laughed so hard when that dry bones teleport still went in. i teleported past the goalie, but not all the way into the goal, and he kicked back like normal, but i shot forward before the ball...the ball hit my body, and bounced into the goal anyway. it was amazing.

and that was the first time i ever used that team. or wario for that matter.

shy guy skillshot ftw.

your petey is crazy though.

Volrec

Smash Lord
This woks excellently, Volrec, but heres an extra little something for you to do in case it happens to you. After the shocker rebounds back to you, pass it to a character with a decent shot and have them hit it, usually it'll be the guy left open when they went to the goal. This way, they risk leaving a power guy open by trying to deflect the lob.

MINDGAMES!

DUDE STFU, I USE THAT, DONT LET ANYONE ELsE KNOW THAT

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
your petey is crazy though.

thanks, I try.:p
those first 3 games were nail-biters. I can't believe I kept hitting those air shots.
Then, just when I have the chance to save the game and take it to OT, I forget to let go of Z and I waste the opportunity with a lob shot. Darn it.

petre

Smash Lord
I must admit, ever since I found out the Dry Bones teleport so easily(chip it chip it tele down kick), I have been abusing it. Like crack I tell you.

you know, you can just intercept the rebound from the lightning shot before they shoot the scoring shot...you dont have to tackle them. it gets you the ball faster, too.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Then, just when I have the chance to save the game and take it to OT, I forget to let go of Z and I waste the opportunity with a lob shot. Darn it.
I hate it when I do that. I always kick myself for being so stupid. The ball is white, the goalie is down, the conditions are PERFECT... and I lob it in. >_<

But petre, oftentimes the shock ball just slips past the goalie, so I'd actually be more inclined to try Volrec's method.

petre

Smash Lord
I hate it when I do that. I always kick myself for being so stupid. The ball is white, the goalie is down, the conditions are PERFECT... and I lob it in. >_<

But petre, oftentimes the shock ball just slips past the goalie, so I'd actually be more inclined to try Volrec's method.
i dont think you can intercept shots like that, though. just passes/lob shots/ rebounds of shots. unless the ball hits you directly...but when it slips by like that its in the air. so no chance of it hitting you.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Let's do Teh Online Tourniez!!!
Set it up in my forum. :chuckle:

More traffic FTW. Seriously, I wish more of you guys would join. There are so many things I wanna discuss, but the topic keeps jumping around in this one thread. :(

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
yeah volrec, those were nice. Every time I would even charge a shot, I'd just see a koopa book it towards the goal. It made me laugh.

and a tip of the hat to rookie, also. Up until now I haven't seen a Monty used effectively. Nice work

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Ya those were good games. Your Petey is very good, boy.

Nice comeback BTW. lol
yeah petre and wgwolverine can tell you that I have an annoying habit of making a dramatic 3 goal comeback and taking the game down to the wire:laugh:

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I was so **** sure I was going to win. :urg:

3 goals in about... 30 seconds, was it? <<< Teh Comebackz

The goal that most surprised me was that one I scored with monty. I shot at minimum power and still scored. :p
It was like WTF!!1!11!1

Top Bottom