• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario + Sonic @ the Winter Games.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The novelty mostly wore off once I knew Sonic was in Brawl. Then I played the game and got bored of it pretty quickly. It's basically sports + stick-waggling + Mario & Sonic.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the first game. I think the Swedish cheat though, there is no way they could have gotten some of those times.

I have heard that it might support the balance board which would be pretty cool.

The reason it sells well is because it has Mario in the name. Imagine if it was Mario and Sonic at the Winter games Wii. It would sell double what the last game sold.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll get this game, but they have to make this game Wifi playable and not just post your scores. That's what made Olympic Games not last very long. If they add Wifi playable, I'll play it more.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I swear to god If I see any guys with Mario and sonic costumes out side my school/mall I'm throwing coins and rings. Out side my house I'm throwing mushrooms.

And no I'm not excited.

Geist

Smash Master
You guys can't imagine the massive amount of contempt that just came out of my sigh.
Nintendo is the reason for the tears on my guitar.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Isn't the whole "olympic games" theme another way of saying "minigame collection?"
Yes. Exactly why the last one lasted for such a short time and why I do not intend to get this one.

Metalmonstar, if they named it "Wii go to the Olympic Games with Mario & Sonic" they'd sell it by the ****load.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Unless they change the title to something like "Mario and Sonic Both Star in a Game with a Plot" then no.
They did. It's called the Subspace Emissary *shot*

Now let me just say this so the whiners won't come in here, a crossover platform game wouldn't work. Mario and Sonic have way too different formulas. And the last thing we need is whiny idiots complaining that it wasn't SMB3 and/or S3&K.

Anyway, I might get this game if there are more characters in this. Also Winter Olympics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Summer Olympics. By a long shot.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I wonder if every one is forgetting that Mario&Sonic "enter Olympic X games" are dev'ed by SEGA...which is sad. MY iff that would make me hate this game is they get guys in Mario & sonic costumes out side my Best Buy.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
This Mario and Sonic at the Olympics thing is an absolutely terrible idea.

However if they bring out Mario and Sonic Paralympics and Special Olympics games I will buy them in a second...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Like I'd said, if they have wifi on this game, this game would be better. Also, if this game play's less like Mario Party, then that would also be better.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
This Mario and Sonic at the Olympics thing is an absolutely terrible idea.

However if they bring out Mario and Sonic Paralympics and Special Olympics games I will buy them in a second...
Big the Cat would be in the Special Olympics one....

But this is a terrible idea. I got the original for christmas... I've played it twice then I gave it to my friend.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
i probably won't pick this up... just because of stupid **** like beat sonic in the 100m dash with mario...
Oh gawd, I thought that mission was impossible. I took me beyond ten tries to beat that one mission because how stupid fast Sonic is when it come's to racing. But at last, I'll say that Olympic Games was fun with four people playing at once like Mario Party. Hopefully, this game will have the online features that needed to be in.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
When will they just come out with a Mario and Sonic Adventure 3 Galaxy?
Because as I said earlier, a Mario/Sonic platformer would not work.

It'll be like eating chocolate cookies with chocolate milk. Separately, they're delicious. Together..... you don't wanna do that.

P.S. And Sonic Adventure 3 is NEVER coming. Get over that before you get upset like many other delusional Sonic fans.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Because as I said earlier, a Mario/Sonic platformer would not work.

It'll be like eating chocolate cookies with chocolate milk. Separately, they're delicious. Together..... you don't wanna do that.

P.S. And Sonic Adventure 3 is NEVER coming. Get over that before you get upset like many other delusional Sonic fans.
I know Sonic adventure 3 is never coming, and that a Mario/Sonic plaformer would never happen. It wasn't a serious suggestion, just a nice thought.

I actually fear that Sega MIGHT make a Sonic Adventure 3. With a title name with that much weight, I am amost certain Sega would make another Sonic '06 or worse.

Top Bottom