• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mafia/Newbie 10! Game Over! Scum Wins!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Acrostic: Ok, just take meta data like that with a grain of salt imo. Offhand, if I were mafia and had recieved the fake role pm I'd be more likely to share whatever info I can (especially if I can do it in a way that manipulates town) in order to make myself seem townie.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
For example if Tery had claimed Bowser the jailer, but Glyph had a Peach the jailer pm, they could both still be town if the mod had changed around names and flavour as such.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
In five minutes, I'm going to vote UberMario. If there are any other questions anyone would like to ask I will answer.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Acrostic if you still want to lynch Uber now, the decision the rests with you. I wouldn't see it as being scummy regardless of this flip.

If I somehow manage to get killed toNight, this is my suspect list:

Uber
Glyph
Grump
MK
Seph

Acrostic
Ranmaru
Tery

Ofc there are only 2 scum, but I think it is between those 3, and less likely MK/Seph.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sorry guys I was out today playing some smash. I'll make sure to post something long. (tonite)

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Tery you PM that info to the game mod if you want someone jailed, I don't know if it works in the thread.

Also, did not expect to come in and see someone lynched.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery you PM that info to the game mod if you want someone jailed, I don't know if it works in the thread.

Also, did not expect to come in and see someone lynched.
I'm well aware of that. We discussed our plan of action on the presumption that UberMario flips Mafiat. You can easily find it in one of the many posts above.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not true, if you look back you'll see me questioning Terywj, Meta-Kirby, and Zant:
That, was a long time ago. :/

It seems that most people beat me to the punch, or other people post [myself included] that make it hard to deduce stances. It's mostly the former though since I've been inactive. >_<
Ah, yeah, ok. Like sometimes I have seen you online and wondered why you posted in other places but not here. ;D But that seems understandable.

As for a second scum candidate, I'm not sure, the only two others that are giving me any negative vibes are Ranmaru, with his odd deductions:

"I'll vote him now since I know he won't be hammered by accident."

Seriously? Voting for me somehow makes it less likely to result in being accidentally hammered? >_>

Exactly like Grump said. Thing is, if you knew what the vote count was, you'd notice that I was trying to make sure I didn't vote you to L-1, and then if the next person voted, it'd be a quick hammer. I saw Van and Grump vote, so I knew that was two votes, but I wanted to make sure that there wasn't THREE votes already.

But, your statement shows you probably don't know what a hammer is. I mean, I never said me voting would make it less likely for you to get hammered, I said "Since I know" meaning I knew you wouldn't get hammered asap.

Did you even look at the votecount when you voted someone, Uber? If you voted 5th, you wouldn't be able to unvote. It'd be auto-lynch, meaning hammer.

After getting a good look again at this thread. . . . :

Unvote

[Re]Vote: Vanderzant

I wasn't the only one that was absent, or, as it was called, requiring a "prod", so why have you tried to start getting people to gang up on me not once, but TWICE? What have I done that is different besides being absent for two non-consecutive days? Has anything I posted seem scummy or something?
Ok, maybe you'll understand this way. "Has THE LACK OF anything I posted seem scummy or something?

Now you see, it wasn't that not seeing you post often would make you seem scummy, it's just that the lack of material makes it hard for us to deduce if you are town or scum. Van has said it before.

I would make a large post and you'd just reply to my last question, and vote Tery. (at the time)

(Why agree for me to be the guy to go after if you don't want me to be accidentally lynched?)
I agreed to have you for the lynch for toDay, but I wouldn't want to have you lynched immediately so that you could claim. You know, to give you a chance to defend yourself first.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
No we don't want scum to know who he's jailing if there are 2 scum left, because jailing doesn't stop the kill. And obviously if he his still alive he can tell us.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Tery:

If Uber flips Town, protect either Acrostic, Mk, Seph, or Vandie. Although I could be killed tonite as well, I wouldn't mind if you chose to protect me either. But, it's up to you. Decide carefully. Acrostic and Vandie seem more town, and lately Seph and Mk are hard to read as of now. Where is Seph? MK and Seph hadn't said much now.

If Uber flips scum, then we know you'll jail Glyph. : ]

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So let me get this straight, if Uber flips scum then I am going to be jailed. If there is no night kill, that would make me look scummy, and I'd be voted out. Right?

...but couldn't the scum just NOT kill someone and make me look scummy beyond any point I could argue? And then you'd all vote me out, allowing him to knock off 2 townies in one turn.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP

*Meaning Seph hasn't said much lately... MK HAS posted but he hadn't really argued anything at all, and also asked if Uber was hammered, as if he was expecting it.

Grump, I do notice him using others as "influences" and even mentions a third without naming. Now I do know that MK could have been really influential. But he says three people could have been. We have to have some responsibility in our choices.

Glyph, I don't even know if you are allowed to post PM info. I didn't even know Peach was supposed to be given to me. But I'm not even sure because you could be lying.

And I agree with Acrostic, you still seem to have wanted to push Tery that far to revealing his role. Although I also have noted this. (meaning I posted about it but you replied to it, to justify it)

But, he is right. You could have at least just asked for Character flavor, but also did ask for the Role. So did MK.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I can't directly quote it, but I can paraphrase.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Vandie:

Again, why are you concerned over being influenced by others period? As town I can influence you, as scum I can influence you. Influencing people is not a scummy thing to do per se, and you're making quite a deal over it.
This IS something to be concerned with though, because influencing people to do something (without also backing it up yourself) CAN be a scum tell. Looking at MK, for example. He backed up the pursuing and possible lynching of Tery (or at least a roleclaim), but not once tossed in a /vote, as opposed to Glyph who DID /vote (IIRC).

I also somewhat disagree where you label yourself as "agressive."
I don't mean aggressive as in tossing votes left and right. I mean aggressive as in constantly questioning just about everybody, and painting a giant bullseye on myself for the scum that are looking for a townie to kill.

I'd pin him as the major force in pushing Tery.
I would agree with you if MK wasn't in the picture. But do you think Glyph would have been as aggressive without the backing of MK?

Also, your response was borderline misquoting and twisting what I said. I suggest quoting my posts when responding to them, and attacking the points I make.
Good idea. I'll try to be better about quoting, and attacking (or at the very least, defending against) your points, should I think they are wrong.

@ALL: I believe I've brought up this point that Glyph mentioned. Unless the rules are intentionally ambiguous, it would seem like Mafia MUST submit a kill. Though they could just target Glyph (assuming Uber flips scum), and this make Glyph seem innocent. I'm not one for taking WIFOMages into account, but this merits special attention methinks.

M.K

Level 55
Stoooop trying to change the plan so quickly. Tery, simply follow the plan you had outlined yourself.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
But Australians are upside down, so they don't get wet from the thunderstorms.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
This IS something to be concerned with though, because influencing people to do something (without also backing it up yourself) CAN be a scum tell. Looking at MK, for example. He backed up the pursuing and possible lynching of Tery (or at least a roleclaim), but not once tossed in a /vote, as opposed to Glyph who DID /vote (IIRC).
Fair point, so you should (I think you already might of though) pursuit this with MK then.

The reason I pointed out the Glyph baiting thing specifically though, is that I thought it was odd that you thought Glyph to be scummy for attempting to get you to do his dirty work. I don't see why you would be concerned over this specifically, especially if you were under the impression that Tery was likely scum, and especially since Glyph had made it clear that Tery was a top suspicon of his. This is my quarell.

I don't mean aggressive as in tossing votes left and right. I mean aggressive as in constantly questioning just about everybody, and painting a giant bullseye on myself for the scum that are looking for a townie to kill.
Agreed.

I would agree with you if MK wasn't in the picture. But do you think Glyph would have been as aggressive without the backing of MK?
I might need to re read this interaction again, but it seems clear that he pushed Tery once he claimed Peach because he had outside info (the old pm). I think this alone was the main reason, not MK's backing as you mention.

Good idea. I'll try to be better about quoting, and attacking (or at the very least, defending against) your points, should I think they are wrong.
It makes it easier for everyone else too, so they don't get lost.

@ALL: I believe I've brought up this point that Glyph mentioned. Unless the rules are intentionally ambiguous, it would seem like Mafia MUST submit a kill. Though they could just target Glyph (assuming Uber flips scum), and this make Glyph seem innocent. I'm not one for taking WIFOMages into account, but this merits special attention methinks.[/QUOTE]

M.K

Level 55

Oh yeah? Two can play at that game. you can't see it now, but there's a HUGEEEE snowstorm coming.

Snow, vandy, is frozen. rain. It comes down and people build snowmen:

This must be so new.

Top Bottom