• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mafia/Newbie 10! Game Over! Scum Wins!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Wtf Ran? Why would you tell acrostic to claim, when he already claimed???????

Its obvious he may not be the tracker and if he is not, then he is vanilla townie because of the open setup. Scum slip. Trying to bus your buddy probably.

Glyph, Grump. If I die toNight, kill ranmaru toMorrow, he is scum.

If ranmaru died tonight, grump help me kill glyph tomorrow.

See you in the morning (I hope).

*please be scum acrostic*

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oops, that was a mistake. I always have the habit of saying "Claim" when someone would be at L-1.

But I digress, I simply wanted him to explain himself, which is sadly now, too late.

I did say he made a big mistake though, and he did. He LIED. Remember this.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 3 Final Votecount!

Acrostic (3) Glyph, th3kuzinator, Ranmaru

Acrostic (Luigi, Town Tracker) Has been Lynched!

Glyph (Mario, Vanilla Townie) and Grump (Toad, Vanilla Townie) have been Endgamed!

Ranmaru (Wario, Mafia Goon) and thh3kuzinator (Bowser, Mafia Goon) Win!

X1-12

Smash Champion
You guys can discuss who the MVP (most valuable player) was but I already know who to give it to, I'd like to hear your opinions.

I will do shout-outs for each player soon - for now, scum played well and GGs to them.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Shoutout and Obv MVP goes to ranmaru. Good job dude, I did not have to do **** really.

Seph, thanks for subbing me in at the optimal moment. You did most of the work, and I thank you for it.

Vand. Dude. I had this plan to champion your case, lynch acrostic, get confirmed town status, claim real tracker, guilty meta kirby, and then buddy you so ran could win in lylo. BUT.

Its kind of annoying, it was obvious you were role-fishing. REALLY sucks about the unintentional Self-Hammer.

Glyph. If you are town, never vote in a lylo situation unless you have talked it out amongst everyone else first. Its as you say, even the most obvscum are usually town.

Acrostic...not a good idea to guess on a guilty and put the town in jeopardy like that, terribad move. Dont try to be the hero.

Everyone else did not strike me as extremly good or bad. Meta-kirby played a decent game for the time he was here.

Great Job Ran, Good scum confusion.

Good Job Vand, the most intelligent town poster by far (Ik you are IC, but still).

July

Smash Apprentice
Lol congrats Ran and th3kuzinator! Ran, I totally called you were mafia hehe : P you held it down and you played so well, deff think Ran=MVP : )

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Looking bad, town did not play that badly. During the middle of D2, it could have gone either way.

From acrostic's guess guilty, it all spiraled down from there.

Probably the most stacked lylo I have ever seen. I looked brownie townie, and ran was not even on the radar. Acrostic looked hella scummy cuz he lied. I could have also claimed tracker easily, as I knew acrostic was the actual tracker and seph crumbed it for me D1.

So many scenarios where me and ran coulda won. Everything just fell into place I guess.

And of course TY X1, for modding of course.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks dude, appreciate it!

Seph: Thanks for all your advice. It really helped.

Vand. I thought it was going to be tough to get through you and metakirby, but lol. Good stuff! Even about the meta date. But, I think you should have defended yourself still, even though Glyph and Acrostic and Meta all thought you were scum. : [

Glyph: Good stuff dude. Yeah, don't vote in lylo like that... I learned that from Aimaf.

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11800943&postcount=134

Acrostic: Hmm, you made a mistake... lol. It cost town. : [ But, I never tried to cast a shadow of doubt on you. : [

Meta kirby: Good post by post analysis, but I used Grumps and the others mislead ic trust against you in some way. I knew that some things shouldn't have mattered (like posting the mass claim thing) lol but it did to the others.

Uber: Hey dude, sorry. Hope you can muster the courage to post a bit more. You did ok, though. :p

Tery: Yeah, I buddied you. :p Sorry that town pressured you into death.

Kuz: Thanks for helping me out too with advice and stuff. We did well. : D

J: Lol replacement :3

Alicia: Yeah you thought right. :p

EDIT: GRUMP: SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME SHOUT OUT CUZ I FORGOT YA. Lol. Good stuff, you missed out on action bro! xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP Yes thank you X1 for hosting! This was quite fun. I Played this because Tery told me "I'll help you Ranmaru" and I was like "wattt I'm playing? OK!" lol. :3

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Good job holding it down Ran. We should play in a game sometime.

Vand you got beat by a bunch of newbies. I'm mad disappointed, yo. You gotta represent us ICs better next time. :grin:

jkjk

Anyways though, this looked like a really good game just from skimming over it. GGs all, hope you all had fun.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good job holding it down Ran. We should play in a game sometime.

Vand you got beat by a bunch of newbies. I'm mad disappointed, yo. You gotta represent us ICs better next time. :grin:

jkjk

Anyways though, this looked like a really good game just from skimming over it. GGs all, hope you all had fun.
Thanks dude. Yeah we should, prolly Cinemafia next haha.

Also, I think Vandy did well. IT's just that Newbies might influence others wrongly and somehow, lynch an IC. Not to mention METAKIRBY, an IC, was also on the wagon lol. :p

Yeah I had TONS of fun.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Vand did just fine. Mod messed up his flip.

Tery claiming was fairly bad and acrostic doing the **** he did was very bad.

Other than that it was anyone's game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Depends on if Vandie meant to hammer himself tho. It's a good plan to not unvote and vote... I do that sometimes but it doesn't matter in aimaf xD (too get a reaction)

Yeah, but I think Tery was pressured into it. : 3 I didn't pressure him at all.

X1-12

Smash Champion
UberMario: I don't think you played particularly bad, except you made the common newbie mistake of not taking any strong stances, you should just throw something out there or pick up on something and ask a question about it.

Tery: You really need to stop playing the noob card, just have a little confidence and you'll be fine. Townies main aim is to find scum, not to live to endgame, I know its tough when you are a PR but you should still focus on finding scum and not on protecting yourself

Vand: omg I'm so sorry about the hammer thing :( I can't apologise enough, I'll never use that rule again ever ever ever!! sowwy. You played pretty well though and it was understandable thinking acrostic was scum, lol EE pmed me and said he was amazed at a scum gambit like that in a newbie game. I totally don't blame you for thinking ran was town.

J: You smelly replacing out! nah jk its fine but try to think about your plans in the future before you join games, K?

M-K: thanks for replacing in, I think you played pretty well but as the last IC were NK bait. Its a shame you couldn't tell people in time to not quickvote in LYLO (partially my fault sorry) but either way town were in a really bad position by then

Acrostic: Can I just ask why you fakeclaimed a guilty? that was a VERY risky move and probably lost the game for town. Aside from that your very large posts often don't actually help town, its lots of information to chew through and your stances are not clear. Concise posts are the best ones, look at say Gheb in Day 1 of community mafia (before he was NK'ed)

Glyph: Your game was good! on the grand scale you played well with the exception of 1 or 2 minor slip-ups which is a shame. =[ I can see you developing to be a great mafia player. When I saw you talk about Tery when you realised he was town I was very impressed.

Grump: you had a pretty flawless game, you were a very solid player but unfortunately let down by the rest of town

Ranmaru: OMFG perfect game you are like a pro or something. You must start playing mafia games on here. Make sure you check the Sign-ups thread and join a game

Seph: you played scum much better than I expected you to, you have definitely improved as scum, I'm impressed.

th3kuz: Not gonna lie, some of the advice you gave to Ran in the QT is just plain wrong. You need to entirely re-think how to play as mafia in this game, its not about "being as inactive as you can without attracting attention" see Mad Scummy (Me/Swiss) in Bioware super active and aggressive until endgame where we set-up perfectly for a bus (it was planned, yes)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery: You really need to stop playing the noob card, just have a little confidence and you'll be fine. Townies main aim is to find scum, not to live to endgame, I know its tough when you are a PR but you should still focus on finding scum and not on protecting yourself
Well yes, but as this was my first game (HURR HURR), I was too busy trying to prove (that I would have been) valuable to the town, but got counterslashed instead, haha. I was never trying to live until endgame - I was trying to show that I could have been useful. Again, my wording is pretty Teryble so I need moar Engrish lessons.

Just your friendly neighborhood Terywj, proving some points wrong and then disappearing back into the shadows~~

Edit - Confidence is for normal people. But I'm lame.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
But acrostic did not fake claim tracker, he just guessed on his guilty.

Also, I realize that one tidbit was not always correct. But it sometimes works, and I felt it would have been beneficial this game. Does not matter really. After D2, it was delivered to us on a silver platter. Ran played well during d1 fo sho.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
But acrostic did not fake claim tracker, he just guessed on his guilty. Also, I realize that one tidbit was not always correct. But it sometimes works, and I felt it would have been beneficial this game. Does not matter really. After D2, it was delivered to us on a silver platter. Ran played well during d1 fo sho.
Good job. I just woke up. But I did fake a guilty. I invested Glyph and I got an innocent town read on him. Then I wake up the next morning and I see Vand spraying everyone down with an initial vote on Meta-Kirby. I didn't think it was Meta-Kirby because his diction came off too strong. Glyph was too pro-town with meta-information. Vand to me was incredibly suspect. The biggest lost here was D1 with the UberMario lynch which should have been SephirothMasamune if I really pushed what I wanted from the beginning. In the end though, if we let Vand lead the game I feel that the consequences would have just as equally been bad. So even though I do regret lying about my results, I also felt that it was necessary given the follow the IC mentality. I should have been more patient and looked into things rather than attempting to take the Golden Lotto gambit in which a Vand mafia flip would have cleared everyone except Ranmaru. However you guys played it really well and it was completely my loss.

Glyph. I'm not going to get angry at you for laying down a vote first on me. But you've got to realize that was stupid. Then again you couldn't have known any better. I should have been more on top of this game, but I invested Meta-Kirby last night so the Vand lynch really did trip me up in more ways than one. I still feel that the gambit would have had good results if I could have worked out Vand. However I'm glad that my Glyph/Meta feeling was right. I should have been more active upon the opening of this thread. But mafia beat me to it, as suspected.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Even though I feel bad for using a broken gambit, in hindsight it feels like it would have been needed. Going after MK/Glyph would have been a bad move. If either one of them flipped innocent then we would most likely be going after Vand next for his super assertive play and town buddying. I'm not quite sure what Vand had in mind, but I knew that if he was mafia the best probability I had of bringing him down was with a faked result from my gambit. Unfortunately my assumptions were wrong and I feel sorry for Vand in more ways than one.

First of all I believe that the premature mod lynch really screwed him over and shaking him up D2 could have given us good results if I proceeded to unvote and claim that I made a gambit (so tempted) however the real lesson in this is that I need to exert more patience when I decide to make a gambit. This is a bad tendency of mine when I have gut feelings over anything. It ends up getting 1/2 the job done but the whole job could have been far better covered by more efficient means and intellectual prowess. There is a level of sophistication in every device that is used and my mistake was that I didn't doubt my own feelings and attempt to do everything possible to assert my own beliefs.

Again it was a fun game and I admit that I was really swindled in by you guys. Good job to both of you. And also to Glyph / Meta. You each did your own part to prove you were town. Terrywj you simplified the game a lot and gave us good clues to work with. Revealing your role helped me break things down and note discrepancies because I didn't have to think about people being saved or meta-game situations. UberMario I apologize that I totally screwed up on reading your character claim that day. I am completely sincere that there is another user named Yoshi on another mafia forum and it was a Freudian slip in the conventional sense, not the mafia sense.

X1-12 thank you for answering my questions. It was a fun game and I seriously got depressed when my gambit failed. I was debating whether I should play the adamant, "paranoid tracker" stance, admitted if I went for a gambit, or took on another approach in this game. Regardless C-9 is a very tight setup and the risks are always quite large even without using a gambit. I should have considered things more in depth and should have gone for initial picks both times in the game. It is a mix of both not completely gut feelings and also not completely analyzing the game from a patient perspective. It was completely my loss in both regards that I was unable to hold these up to personal standard. If I ever participate in another mafia game, I will attempt to follow through on both grounds and take a more assertive stance.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think Glyph was ok with it BECAUSE you made that mistake, Acrostic. : ]

But even I made mistakes, so no worries. Fun games dude. :3

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Knowing that these were the results, I do not regret having gone for the gambit. I am surprised that Glyph would be eager to vote going into MYLO and knowing that it only takes one vote in addition to mafia to secure a mafia win. However, only I would show this concern given that I weighed the risks and benefits before I decided to make my gambit.

Why Vand never told Ranmaru to stop pestering with town fielding questions: Hey guys what do you think about me doing x or y? Confused me as that came off as a strong scum tell and if Vand was so affirmed in Ranmaru not being scum then he should have said something. Again the problem was this game as Meta-Kirby alluded to was the aspect of buddying and the establishment of trust. I relied on Vand too much on this game and became too delusioned when I saw breaks in his play and some of the calls that were made for D2. Perhaps he had more in his bag and I simply jumped the gun. I would have really liked to see how Vand would have played out D2 for town.

If I had to choose MVP then I would choose Ranmaru for the fact that he managed to cleverly use his newbie status to manipulate Vand into believing that he was innocent. I went and reviewed Ranmaru's previous posts and noticed that he didn't pester with questions that often in his regular posts. The fact that he was doing it in this game seemed like a big tell and the fact that Vand never caught on (even once) or commented simply made me believe that Ranmaru was the source of town fielding information. Vandamaru seemed like too good of an association in my mind and partly this is probably due to Ranmaru's ability to play to Vand's good side.

In conclusion it was a good game and it taught me a lot. Not only about mafia dynamics but also about how to handle things in life. Next time I will try to think in a more independent nature in the future, however these were how things played out in my own mind for most of D2 and a bit of D1. Good game to everyone.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, at the start I even freaked out at Vandies RVS vote on me lol. I did make mistakes, but I did take what he and MK said to heart.

But thank you Acrostic, I appreciate what you said fully about me. :3 *re-reads what you posted*

Yeah, I reread posts.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
I learned to not be manipulated :] But good game to you all. And thanks for not killing me ^^ lol

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ Ranmaru: I also took in the information.

I'm not well suited for this game. I just want to reiterate that I'm sorry to town for screwing you over on a gambit and not accounting for the other half that comes with gambling, which is account for losing. Reading off of psychological cues were never my forte.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Grump: If I needed a NK I would have nite killed U toNITE. LOL <3

Acrostic: It's ok. I say you should play Aim Mafia. Much quicker, and you can make mistakes there... Trust me, I have made gambles... xD

That way you can practice for the srs bsns on the forums. You did fine dude. :D

*just check that first link I posted, xD*

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Totally didn't think about how easy it would be to secure a mafia win when I placed that vote, but I figured Acrostic had to be scum after our friend there flipped town haha. Literally, every freaking time I was SURE someone was scum, they'd flip town and I'd die a little more inside.

I spent the majority of this game under suspicion for being scum, but hey, so did a lot of townies. Taught me how to work under that pressure.

All in all, yeah I do feel pretty bad for tossing the game like that on an impulsive post.

Shoutouts!

Uber: Didn't get to see a whole lot from you, but you did help me see how you really can't rely on the little things to prove someone as scum. Sorry things didn't work out better for ya :(

Tery: Man, I could have written a book on the reasons you were scum. But you weren't, and that's really no one's fault but my own. Sorry for forcing your hand.

Vand: I should NOT have been so willing to take Acrostic's word on you, learning is going to make me some enemies along the way =P

MK: Me and you were buddies apparently, but I just kinda agreed with the things you'd say most of the time haha. Plus we were both always on everyone's scum list together! Bros 4 life.

Acrostic: Honestly, I'd say you were the smartest player I saw in this game. You took a big risk, it didn't pay off, and I kind shot you in the foot. Overall you presented excellent evidence and asked the right questions, don't be so hard on yourself :)

Glyph: OMGUS

Grump: You flew under my radar for the most part, but when you did post you came across pretty town. Well done!

Ranmaru: I wasn't even aware you existed as I came close to the end of the game, I got so caught up in bringing down Vand that you just kinda could post as you wanted haha. Veeeery well done!

Aaaaaand last we have Kuz: Seph was looking to be an early lynch for the town, and you managed to take the role all the way to the end. Impressive! Good job man :)

Bummed we lost, but I definitely feel like I've got a lot better grasp on this now.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Have been at work but I've already done some post game shout outs I'll copy pasta:

Overall, ignoring the obvious catastrophe that was Day 2, I think Town's major problem was a lack of focused discussion and scum hunting. The mod pm stuff, the reliance on flavour, the WIFOM talk about "would it be a jail or protect?" WIFOM… a lot of this stuff was pointless and really just derailed the thread.

I was annoyed with the amount of questions and points I aimed at townies that got totally ignored.

I also think me being the only IC for the majority of Day 1 led people to just generally discredit a lot of stuff I said, for the prospect of me possibly being scum. I think if J/MK or any IC were around to back up the IC stuff I was saying then town might of had more direction. Instead, people were trying to question silly things like what we were going to if Tery Jailed someone successfully.

People also need to try to take strong stances more. I can't stress this enough. If you don't take strong stances, then mafia don't have to take strong stances, and even if we lynch scum we end up with nothing to go on because they didn't really have opinions.

This to an extent comes with experience though.

Acrostic: Firstly, don't do fake a claim like that… ever again. I have no idea why you thought I was mafia, but oh well. I still think you have potential to be a great player. My town read on you was literally the strongest read I've ever got on someone I've never played before (aka, had no meta on). Also, never rely on flavour like that ever again. Doing that in any other game will basically get you lynched.

Glyph: Sorry if I came off a bit harsh. Everything I said to you though was true, so hopefully you take something from it. You really did only focus on Tery and no one else at the start of Day 1. As town you need to look at EVERYONE, not just 1 person. I know being V/LA probably didn't help. Also, same thing that Acrostic did, is never rely on flavour like that again.

Seph: I hate you for just coasting and then replacing out like that. I think you played slightly better than you did in FF6, but town (well, Cello and Swiss) were a lot stronger there. Yeah I'm salty lol.

Kuz: Haven't read your play, don't know if you really got a chance to lol but replacing in and telling everyone to back the **** off is what I would of done if I were scum/town. Smart play, hope to see you in more games.

Ranmaru: GG, I liked the effort you put in, but the whole time it just appeared that you had no idea what you were doing. All the advice I tried to give you was legitimate. I understand playing as mafia first time around is tough, because you can't see what it's like to "naturally" play as town. I'd like to see your town play, as I think it'd be very different.

Fyi, I initially thought you were scummy because of how you voted me very suddenly in RVS and then backed off straight away when I tried to give pressure back (I think i even asked people about this, but doubt I even got a response). Doing something like that as scum in a normal game would get you lynched, fast. As mafia you have to act like you have nothing to fear, and not be afraid of engaging with others. But from then on I was just like "he's new, lay off him." And your activity was better than most so I just forgot about you and moved on to others. So yeah, I got ***** by the newbie card pretty bad. Good luck in your next game! I'm interested to see how you'll go!

Meta-Kirby: Ah, good try man. I never really thought you were scum (as much as I let on) until you omgus'd me. I really thought I was obvtown, and just thought you'd see me as obvtown too. I was just worried about your lack of activity and was hoping to figure out your alignment asap. And "drag you into the game" so to speak.

If you'd been active and my lynch hadn't gone down like that, I think the game would of been way different. I thought Seph was slightly scummy (more inactive then anything) and you probably could of convinced me to lynch him. Ran I just fell for the newbie card (like Gord in villains) and I can't say I'm exactly sure, but you probably would of convinced me like you did with him there.

Good **** though on psuedo nailing the scum team, even if you weren't around to see it through :p

Grump: Good try, I think you're a really promising player too. You seem like a really smart guy, so I think I was judging you harsher than I should for a person in one of there first games. Like, I didn't let anything I saw from you slip. But you defended yourself VERY well, and after looking back at Day 1 I really started to reconsider my stance.

Tery: I hope you learned something about Day 1, and how important it really can be. Mafia ain't easy, but if you're willing to learn I'm sure you'll be able to improve. Remember, as town you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by pressuring people and scum hunting.

UberMario: Hopefully you realise why you were lynched. Half of mafia is figuring out who is scum and who is town, the other half is convincing others. The first is useless without the second. Think about it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I actually did take legit 4 pages of notes.

I was gonna make a killer case on acrostic too.

Oh well. Didnt need em. Accomplished my wincon w/o having to prove I read everything (and boy it took me awhile)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
As an observer from the very first post, I feel this was a showcase of town implosion, rather than an exemplary mafia win. I'm not here to point fingers or say mean things, but both Seph and Ran looked incredibly wishywashy from the beginning, and had there been a stronger effort from some of the players that spent a lot of time on the defensive, this wouldn't have been the absolute destruction that it was.

Tery and Uber both exhibited behavior that is textbook scum meta among newbies because of their stubborn refusal to stick their necks out. When you need to be sharply interrogated for like an entire page before you start offering stances, and you do so in a manner that is deflective (well, why aren't you looking at X then!?!?) is not good townie play. When in the hot seat it's your job to go scumhunt, question others, and generally be useful, not to waggle your finger at people that accuse you and then tell them to go scumhunt elsewhere. AtE's, deflective and evasive behavior, and an insistence on remaining passive equate to sticking your neck into a noose and begging someone to kick the chair you're standing on.

Glyph's scumhunting re: Tery was actually quite solid, and his tunneling understandable, this being his first game and all. He ended up being a golden scapegoat for the mafia, however, because once Tery was proven to be town, the entire paper trail collapsed and Glyph had nothing potentially protown to his name. While as town he couldn't know that, as mafia he would. How to remedy this is also my answer to how to scumhunt better -- scumhunt more. Pressuring multiple people at once is a great way to get people to say slimy things, and having several avenues of investigation open allows you to rethink things, maybe do a quick reread, and then find the next highway you want to pursue, picking up the scumhunting as quickly as possible. The last thing you want to do is have all the casebuilding and detective work you've done just collapse under its own weight and leave you with absolutely nothing. Also, heh, never vote in mylo or lylo. What just occurred is what we call an "alpha strike", where a misplaced vote allow the mafia to sneak in a game-winning mislynch or mislynch/nightkill combo. Easy mistake to make, though, given the circumstances! But yeah always take care to notice your vote, have an idea of how easily the mafia could sneak in a lynch of someone based on your decision to vote and such. This helps in scumhunting and using the right level of caution.

Also, although I know your johns were 100% legitimate, I should point out that it's a very very common tactic for scum to coast through games with a lot of johnsing and occasional contributions. I didn't really get that vibe from your play at all, given the amount of gusto you invested in interrogating Tery, but it's something to keep in mind for future games (and I hope there will be many of those!)

Vandie played well and townie-ish early on, but he did start to tunnel on Glyph and some others in a rather difficult manner that could well have been the game had he lived onward. On D2 it seemed like you could have been persuaded to lynch pretty much anyone on the townie roster. Excellent IC work, though, quite prompt and informative.

Not much of an opinion on M-K's play.

Acrostic... mmph, tunneling again, this time on Glyph and some others. Although you are quite a formidably intelligent adversary, I think you get hung up on the wrong kinds of things. Things such as when someone is actually at L-2 rather than L-1 when claiming can't be looked at in a concrete manner as evidence one way or another. You need to consider the context of the entire situation, the various angles and plays that can be made. Why shouldn't someone claim at L-2? The difference between L-2 and L-1 is that with L-2, mafia almost certainly must reveal themselves to quicklynch/quickhammer. On the other hand, at L-1, it'd be all too easy to type up a big case and sneak in the hammer vote, or do so for pressure and exude an "oh no, ninja'd" facade. Although L-1 is the standard often used, sometimes L-2 is infinitely smarter. In an open setup small game with only two mafia, it was definitely smarter here. But you often took cold facts and statements such as these out of context and drew conclusions that what you were observing was scummy. You need to truly meditate on the intricacies of a given situation. What would X be doing here as scum? As town? What best lines up for them, in this situation? Does what they're doing look like that? Or like this? What would Y be doing here as scum? Et cetera.

The way you threw yourself at people over snafus boiled down to their simplest elements made you like very scummy to me.

I didn't understand the machinations by which you semi-cleared Glyph on D2 (if you had, in fact, done so and it wasn't just part of the gambit), but good on you for at least getting your head on straight in that regard, finally. As for your gambit. Well. It failed. Though you did fish for reactions first, and I didn't like Vandie's D2 play much at all, at the end of the day you made a huge play and that was pretty much game, set, and match. Live and learn, that's what the game's all about. Sometimes people make plays like this, but most often they do not; there's a reason for as much.

Grump had almost optimal newbie play initially but seemed to gradually erode his ability to take hard stances and became somewhat of an ominously minor entity towards the end. Definitely never good to go from highly protown scumhunting to coasting with little rhyme or reason to it. It often feels more like someone contributing less (and less solidly) as scumhunting becomes more difficult to fake. Looking forward to future games as I suspect some holiday johns in there.

Kuz's first posts bothered the hell out of me as well. Too many convenient stumbles onto well-tread (and incorrect) territory so early on. I seem to have good luck reading Kuz on gut. Need to dissect the actual reasons he's setting off my alarms to comment further.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Just the same, good game to all, and I'm glad to see more fresh faces here in DGames. I have a good feeling about both Acrostic and Glyph as future mafia players.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I really only replaced out since I didn't read like 15 pages. I saw the prod on me and I was like yeah Ran deserves the win so I replaced out instead of died.

No Johns.

Yo Ran! Shout out to you since you did amazing! I'm glad my advice came in handy. I feel like I was the master and you were the apprentice that eventually surpasses the master. I think we got closer during this too, hope to see you more on SWF and DGames.

Terry: I just pushed you since you were easy. :p You seemed to get better at time, just slower paced than everyone else. Hope to see you more in latter games.

Acro: Tsk tsk NEVER lie as town. Have you heard the phrase Lynch All Liars? Other than that you were very aggressive, which is good. But next time please try not to post WOTs and a bunch of legal terms that 90% of us don't understand.

Vandy: I was scared of you almost all game, GG's. Also, UMAD?

MK: GG's see you next game.

Glyph: You were aggressive and had decent reasoning, but try not to tunnel. Btw your still a great mod.

Grump: Good stuff, I'm looking forward to upcoming games with you.

Uber: Listen to Vandy, he knows what he's talking about.

Kuz: Thanks for replacing in for me.

Top Bottom