• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mafia/Newbie 10! Game Over! Scum Wins!

X1-12

Smash Champion
D1 Votecount!

Glyph (3) Vanderzant, Acrostic, Grump
Meta-Kirby (1) Ranmaru
Ranmaru (1) Meta-Kirby

Not voting (4) Terywj, Glyph, Seph, UberMario

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Lynch!

Deadline is 17th Dec

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Acrostic, your arguments are invalidated by the fact that I am in no way advocating Tery's lynch now that we have the information neccesary to essentially confirm the fact that he's a member of the town. You're arguing on the premise that I'm still continuing to attack Tery, which is clearly not the case. You're accusing me of initiating a normal Mafia game sequence of events. These events help us eliminate suspects. Imagine if I had not stepped in and informed of the claiming possibility , we had lynched Tery, and he had flipped town. It would be much messier.
Also, my post CLEARLY defined claiming as an L-1 situation. It is not my fault that others pressured Tery into claiming at L-3/L-2/whatever the situation was, or the fact that Tery claimed when he did. When something happens, you have to roll with it.
You attacked him like you did me. Since this is a newbie game, you took advantage of us. For example, in your post by post analysis, you noticed that some of my posts MIGHT have been newbie mistakes, but they were. Yet, you ignored this and passed it off as "it MIGHT be a newbie mistake, but I'll read on further"

Van also noticed this, and I am trying my best to improve. Also, you didn't create another post by post analysis. I believe you were trying really hard to do something you wouldn't get to in a normal game, so that is why you put so much pressure on Tery. So, you only really analyzed my newbie posts, which would obviously be the first posts, yet you act like I have known this but have done it again.

You never responded to my response of your PbyP. So you learned the hard way, but you took advantage of the fact that Tery hadn't played this type of game before, and keyed in on him.

You, like Glyph, had some motive to attack him straight on. (Sorry Glyph, it's still kind of weird how your first post was criticizing Tery, but this shouldn't be at all bad, it's just something easy to notice [I do know you worked hard and it was of good intent, but this should be noted for later])

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't care if Tery would ever play this type of game again, but you would only care to win. Your attitude towards him (and from others) merely discouraged him from trying this. I may have asked him questions, but I would question anyone.

Oh right, I forgot that pretense that I'm supposed to give a player the benefit of the doubt when they've done nothing but played blatantly scummy throughout the entire game.
Oh right, I'm not.
Wait a second, I'd love to hear your own sequence of events! What were you going to do? Let him whine and then lynch him, causing a town lynch? Exactly. This isn't a time to be nice, I'm not supposed to be "kind and forgiving" of someone who's playing scummy! It's really an absurd argument to make, and you're falling for Tery's initial AtE reactions.

So what point was Tery trying to make again? "I'm bad at this, lynch me, I feel so useless, I'm so bad, lynch me, I'm gonna get lynched, I'm playing terrible". Is there a point to this rambling? Of course not! It's necessary to dig deeper and deeper until they BREAK because then you get to the TRUTH; the TRUTH being that town was SAVED by this action.

Lol? I'm not supposed to pressure people as a member of the town? What is "crossing the line" exactly? ***** please, there is no such thing as "crossing the line" until you get modkilled. In DGames Mafia (Avril Remix), Omni made a point to tell me how god awful I was playing at every turn. Am I supposed to turn around and say "Woah! That's scummy, because you aren't allowing me to play my best effort! And that's mean!"

No, you're supposed to break people down for the truth. How the hell else are you supposed to find mafia? Wait till they say something stupid? Of course not. To me, you're acting like I'm scummy for forcing the town to step back, evaluate the situation, get to the FACTS, and move ON.
I don't think you cared what alignment Tery may have been. Sure he probably didn't defend himself well but why would this align him with being scum? Of course you wouldn't mind Tery revealing his role so that you would have the hard facts, even if it hurt town or not.

Meta-Kirby said:
By the way, using large words and legal terms does not validate your argument. If anything, it throws a complex unneccesary loop into understanding what you are actually trying to say.
If he likes using big words then let him. Don't know what ex-posto facto means? Google it. Just kidding, It means after posting... Yeah, my girlfriend knows latin. Maybe he likes using those words, maybe it's just his style. I like saying "Good **** bro" but my friend doesn't.

Meta-Kirby said:
So are you arguing that claiming is not an integral part of the process and does not warrant action before a lynch? You're attempting to say that I'm not supposed to ask someone to claim if they are acting scummy, because that's just not right? I'm supposed to allow non-confident players the benefit of the doubt?
No, no no no no no . This is how scum slips through your hands! You look at a weakling, you say "aww, how cute, i bet he won't bite!", you turn your head, and they BITE YOUR FACE OFF. This was my OWN newbie strategy when I was playing my first game (Scum Wars Mafia) and it benefited me greatly. I have the experience which tells me that it's a common tactic, and you have the ignorance to claim that pressuring, claiming, and deceitful play is not an integral part of the game; however, it is, and that's where your argument falls to pieces.
Your strategy of breaking a mere newbie to the point of actually giving up is harsh. So really you aren't helping them, only yourself. That attitude doesn't sound like town to me.

"Meta-Kirby said:
Let's evaluate the situation closer here:
Let's pretend that I am scum. For what purpose do I have attempting to save Tery, who, (if I am ACTUALLY scum) I know is a town member? Why would I not simply capitalize on Tery's meekness and unconfidence and roll with the fact that he's basically giving up, ensuring at least one, probably two town deaths at the start of D2? Especially in a newbie game, I would be more confident to do this on my own accord, because the majority of members have yet to be exposed to a mislynch scenario, to which I would simply say "this is a part of the game, deal with it" in a much kinder fashion on the start of D2, allowing me the option to effectively WRITE OFF the fact that I got away with 1-2 town deaths on the first day.

See where you argument falls apart? You're blaming my actions for breaking down a member and releasing information to scum. Okay? As scum, I would MUCH RATHER have 2 town deaths than information that single player in the game has a power role (even though I already know the role exists in the game, unlike many games). As scum, I would not actively seek out to get information out of Tery to prevent a mislynch, I would rather allow it to happen, then write it off as a casual newbie mistake.

Use logic, please. My actions and scum's intent do not align, and you have no pursued the psychological aspects, but allowed another player's incompetence to electrify your heart and exaggerate what any scum member might have received from our pursuit of the truth.
Right, but Tery was a power role. Now we know he may die for sure, and we'd lose a good asset. But, how would you be so sure if he wouldn't lie? You were only lucky to be "half-confirmed" I will say, because Glyph mentioned he had the wrong Role pm that might have confirmed this.

Now, if glyph were lying, would Tery actually be a non-power role so that Glyph could live acting as one? Nah, that seems to be game-breaking.

Hmmm, after seeing some of the previous posts today [I apologize for not participating, I was literally out since this morning], I'm going to go ahead and:

Unvote: Terywj

"Vote": No vote

I'm going to read more about Glyph before determining whether I view him as scummy or not, because I want to see why the bandwagoning changed so drastically in one day, compared to the previous few days (which were mostly consistent).
Ok... Well I hope you contribute a little more to this. Be careful of who you are voting for Uber. It seems you vote along with others, without much reasoning to back it up.

You could be used as vote fodder. Try to at least vote on someone you BELIEVE yourself to be suspicious. Try voting someone that isn't voted, I challenge you.

@MK: Meant to say earlier that I'm so incredibly town it's painful :p. Who should we lunch now?

@Grump: Becase lynching UberMario back then would of been idiotic. Of course, if he flipped scum it would be fortunate for town, but an idiotic move nonetheless. People are free to vote whoever they want, I'm just warning that putting someone at L-1 in a newbie game where people aren't that familiar with voting and such could be potentially hazardous.

So I'm still noticing that Glyph has only really suspected Tery, and he's doesn't seem too interested in finding other scum so I'll

unvote: Uber
vote: Glyph

Tell me who you think is scum.
Suspicious, you would rather take scum to Lunch? :] Just kidding Vandy. :3

(I will give you some credit, the y button is next to the u button)

@Seph who I assume is our 4th member: If we lynched Glyph and he flipped scum who do you think Tery should Jail (aka who would his scum buddy be).

@Grump: Funny that, what do you think of UberMario and would you lynch Seph before him?
I think Ubermario usually follows the trend in voting, which can make voting for an individual that much easier.

From what I have seen, that would be correct. But can we suspect any more from *Uber? XD

Haha grump we can always suspect uber. D: < Nah just kidding. I always get those words mixed up sometimes.

MK's post recommended I get as much out of Tery as I could before I lynched him, and seeing as how I was convinced he was scum, I thought forcing him to claim would help to prove he was scum. But it did the opposite, and destroyed my case. In attempt to pick up the pieces, I pushed further, trying to see if he didn't know that Peach was the Jailer. He did, and I pretty much had very little to say against him after that. He played scummy, but without anyone to counterclaim, I won't lynch him.

If I'm reading your post right you're saying I was looking for the wrong information right away, but I'm not sure how when I could PROVE he was scum with that evidence how that could be frowned upon.
Hmm, it's ok. I guess you working pretty hard came off just as fishy questioning. Sadly you were wrong, but I am sure you had good intentions. I will still keep this noted for the future, though Glyph.

Ranmaru, I don't quite understand why you are voting for me? If you look at the timestamps, you can see that the posts were very close together in time. Also, I've iterated on numerous occasions that it was a test. If Tery didn't know what the Jailer did, or didn't give the description as described in the first post, then it would shed suspicion on hs claim. However, it matched, and it validated the claim.
There is nothing scummy about squeezing every last drop of information out of another player. In fact, it saved us here from a mislynch. Your own interpretation makes me wonder.

Vote : Ranmaru
Sure it saved him from a mislynch but it would paint him as a target, but you wouldn't mind if he was targeted. You used him as a pawn, and some of us too. Sneaky.

Meta-Kirby said:
Also, my post CLEARLY defined claiming as an L-1 situation. It is not my fault. When something happens, you have to roll with it
Sure, but I'm positive you wanted to roll with it. How were you sure if someone would wait until L-1 to ask him to claim?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP

Forgot to add:

Meta-Kirby. You say you wonder about me, what do you wonder?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Hey, I'm having a pretty serious fight with my family right now, so I'm not exactly in a scumhunting mood right now... Sorry guys, I'll be back at it soon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's ok guys, hope you all get time to read it later. Good luck with the situation(s) [sleeping, family, etc]

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Glyph said:
It would have been foolish to lie about a counterclaim, for anyone.

I retracted my vote because Tery convinced me he was town, I don't understand how that merits scummy behavior.
Those statements were made to show how you were less scummy in my eyes, not moreso. I did not mean lie about being the counterclaim, I mean lie as in saying "Well guys, I got the Jailer PM by mistake, and it WASN'T Peach!" and then after the lynch, come across with the argument "X1 probably swapped up the characters with the duties after the mix up." I was giving you townie-points.

Vandie said:
Grump is still making me slightly uneasy despite the good observations he's making. In his #468 he really doesn't draw any conclusions. One to watch out for in endgame imo.
The points I made were thus.
1. I've been used.
2. Let's look at the people that could have used me (besides Glyph, who seems to be townie atm).
3. Meta-Kirby was the one that used me!

I then posted recent observations that backed up the claim of MK possibly using folks, stating that it was observed by Ranmaru (who, for the reasons stated, was most likely townie), and that MK also played puppeteer with Glyph.

I then compared the behavior of these three individuals (Ranmaru, Glyph, and myself) to the behavior that MK was exhibiting. To enforce the scum reads I was getting from MK, I also stated that
Grump said:
MK, however, never defended Tery from the start, and refused to vote (possibly so it wouldn't be recorded in the vote counts). But he was insistent on attacking Tery. This is odd, since MK has recently stated to me that votes should not be so personal, but they should be passed out semi-freely as a means to draw out discussions, apply pressure, and garner reactions. How very curious.
I also threw some suspicion at Acrostic, who may have been using my historically proven impressionable behavior to make me get riled up at MK. So I threw my FOS onto Acrostic as well.

@Ubermario: Please state why you retracted your vote. If it helps, I'll state why I retracted mine.

I pulled off my vote as a threatening gesture that I had my sights set on MK. My

/unvote
Let's see what MK has to say.
was like loading a vote-gun, in the sense that it was used. Like I'm getting ready to vote for somebody else. I also made it clear who I was getting ready to vote for.

Is Glyph your ONLY suspect, or do you have others as well?

Vandie said:
If we were to lynch Glyph and he flipped scum I think either Grump or MK would be good bets.
What gives you those reads?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys I'm still going to be busy today and tomorrow. Deadline is 17th though so I'll be back at a minimum of 72 hours before that.

@Grump: short answer is that I'd rather have you or MK as confirmed town (or obviously game over if whoever is targeted is scum) because I'm having a harder time getting a read on you two as opposed to others. Take it as a compliment really :D.

Question 2: Why couldn't you vote MK in that post though? Did he even respond to your foreshadowing that you were suspicious of him? Your points/observations are fine, but I don't even know if MK realised you were suspicious of him.

I interpret you not voting him as not wanting to get into the limelight over an argument, possibly since MK had stated earlier that he liked your play. If you really thought he was scummy you should have voted him and forced him to respond to your actions.

Sleep now, bbl.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm pretty sure Grump will vote, he probably won't vote really quickly because he wants to make sure he transitions in a discreet manner.

Now, Uber isn't really posting much. I notice this because at times I see him posting elsewhere, but not here. (I post in the Forum games as well)

Grump, you say Glyph might have used you. Do you think he influenced you directly or indirectly? Could there be a possibility he was merely being lead on by MK? And then you by Glyph? Or do you think it was intentional?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I'm back now btw if anyone wants to chat... but why has this thread staled?

Unvote: Glyph
Vote: UberMario

ToDay we lynch Uber. If you object or have reason to believe he should not be the play, speak up or explain why (preferably with who else should be the play).

Uber please claim now.

@Tery: you are likely dieing toNight.

If UberMario flips scum, you will use your power as a roleblocker to try and stop the mafia nightkill. Jail either Glyph/Grump/MK/Seph or whoever you think the last mafia member would be. You will have to decide on who you are targeting in this scenario before we lynch someone. Post it in BIG BOLD LETTERS so we clearly know who. This is so that if you die, we can confirm that your chosen target is not scum, and if you live we have caught the last scum.

If UberMario flips town, you need to pick a protect candidate just in case mafia decide to kill a townie instead of you. And you don't announce this (decide on it during the Night). As long as you have Acrostic on your potential protect list, idc who else you pick. Throw Acrostic/Me/MK into random.org, or just pick who you think scum would want to kill most (other than you ofc).

@All: make sure you all tell Tery who you think should be jailed in either scenario.

@Tracker: Hi! You should track a scummy player that Tery decides not to Jail (if Uber flips scum). And again target a scummy player who Tery is unlikely to Jail if UberMario flips town. Either way, don't announce your pick (because we don't want both players outed do we). Also, if you get a result toNight make sure you claim it tomorrow, and if you don't get a result don't claim at all.

Remember if Uber is scum and you don't get a result, then possibly claim if your target (who you would now know is not scum) is very close to being lynched and you can save them. If you want, you can breadcrumb this info earlier, but that is dangerous because the last scummy will be looking for this.

---

@Ran: Interesting observation there, do you think this is scummy of Grump to try and be 'discrete?' What is your general thoughts on him.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
@Vandie:
Take it as a compliment really :D.
That's only a compliment if I'm SCUM, which I'm not D: Grr....
I interpret you not voting him as not wanting to get into the limelight over an argument, possibly since MK had stated earlier that he liked your play. If you really thought he was scummy you should have voted him and forced him to respond to your actions.
I have been manipulated by at least one person now, more likely three (if three, then I can safely say it was by two people intentionally). By delaying my action, I can ensure that I have a chance to think over everything and lower my chances of being puppeted.

@Ranmaru: I'm really unsure. His recent posts seem to all point to being innocent, which makes me think the ultimate driving force was Meta-Kirby. So while I won't make an official decision yet, I will say that I am leery of MK more than Glyph.

@ Vandie: I agree that Ubermario needs to go.

/vote: Ubermario

I've read several games lately where people have lurked to victory as scum. While I have a few active hunches, I would rather NOT give this game away to a lurker.

@Tery: If Ubermario flips scum, I would suggest you jail me. Not because I want to live longer, but because I simply cannot kill. I'm not Mafia, but if I am jailed, and a kill is still made (which it will be, unless the rules are ambiguous) then everybody else (peers at Vandie) can be confirmed of my townie status. Then I can scumhunt as much as needed.

If Uber flips town, I say protect NOBODY. You don't want to accidentally jail the tracker, and lose us a read when you will probably be the target anyways. Regardless, just jailing ONE scum will still let the other scum commit to the kill.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I think we shouldn't direct Tery if Uber flips town since it should be unknown to mafia, but if Uber flips scum Tery WILL tell us his target before Twilight ends or even before the lynch. That way we get a confirmed townie or scum N2. Either way we should let Tery decide what to do.

@Vandy, I'm not opposed to lynching inactives, but you do realise we get no reads out of him? Worse case scenario, I wouldn't like to start D1 all over again with 2 less townies.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
On the other hand...
If she protects me, and then the mafia go after me (should Uber flip scum), and nobody dies, I'll get the scum charge. Upon realizing this, I honestly have no idea as to who should be protected.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Seph/Grump: While I agree that Tery's target shouldn't be totally directed by town if Uber doesn't flip scum, he still needs to use his ability or else scum are free to nightkill with out caution. If there is a good chance that Tery will jail someone who we believe to be town then scum are less likely to kill that player.

Odds of Jailing tracker are 1 in 7 or about 14%. I'd rather Tery take that 86% chance of saving a townies life and making mafia think twice about their night kill.

Tery can pretend he's a Heatran running Fire Blast for that extra power, but slightly reduced accuracy.

@Seph: Uber has just as much potential to be mafia as anyone else. And considering I have a swarm of town reads atm, it's better to act on a null read then even a slight town/scum read.

Curiously if we couldn't lynch Uber (i.e. he claimed tracker) than who would you lynch?

His lynch will still garner a lot of information as he has received a lot of votes through out the day.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I might have to drop out... my free time has all but evaporated recently, and my personal life is, to put it bluntly, in the ****ter.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
First off, can we have a vote count please? Mod: Votecount

I also agree that Uber should be the play toDay. I just don't want to lynch him by accident. Thank you. (Want him to claim first)

[I tried looking back in the last page]

@Vandy: No, at this point it doesn't seem that way. I just think he's trying to make sure he votes the right person. (I don't think people would want to vote quickly either because they want to make sure they aren't painted as scum)

Now, Meta-Kirby hasn't said a thing. Hopefully he is doing his next post by post analysis?

Should we tell Tery now or after Uber flips? (if he does flip)

@Glyph: Awww. : [ Ok. Any replacements here?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP:

Oops, saw the last vote count, so I just counted votes from there. (Missed it, I always use safe mode so it's hard to see posts at the top)

So Uber is at l-3.

I'll vote him now since I know he won't be hammered by accident.

Unvote: Meta-Kirby
Vote: Uber

I unvoted Meta because I don't know where he is. I can't pressure someone who can't see my posts currently.

I'll make sure to get back to that.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I have asked Glyph about replacing out, he's yet to make the decision.

D1 Votecount!

UberMario (3) Vanderzant, Grump, Ranmaru
Glyph (1) Acrostic
Ranmaru (1) Meta-Kirby

Not voting (4) Terywj, Glyph, Seph, UberMario

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Lynch!

Deadline is 17th Dec

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
My apologies. I was under the impression that I had a full 72 hours before I would receive a prod.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
My apologies. I was under the impression that I had a full 72 hours before I would receive a prod.
Likewise. I will take into consideration what Vanderzant said.

Also, I'm playing much more AIM Mafia so I am slowly getting used to this. Albeit DGames Mafia is a lot slower. :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like both. But Like I have said before, Aim mafia has less content, but is faster paced. Also, I lag sometimes.

DCGame mafia: Debate, time to read what has been said so skimming shouldn't be possible.

Aimaf: Fast paced, can lag, plus less time to think. :3 Plus you can get lynched fast sometimes. : [

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I meant like playing AIM Mafia under the similar setup conditions, etc. had led to me have a better understanding of how to play well. :3

But I digress.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, I thought you were comparing DC games with Aimafia, but I see that it was a joke.

I apologize. :3

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Ran: tell Tery who you think should be jailed if Uber flippies scum.

@Tery: Tell us who you're going to jail if Uber flips scum.

I plan to post my detailed thoughts on the day just before the deadline. I encourage others to post there thoughts on what should go down tomorrow and who is scum etc. before the day ends too.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why would I want to list who I want to jail if UberMario flips to be Mafia? I assume I'd be targeted, and the only possible scenario that helps is if I actually nail the remaining Mafiat. Could you explain why I should reveal that to the public?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
unvote

Re: Terywj: =_=

Re: MK: I was suspicious of Meta-Kirby. Especially since he gave off the impression of having this nonchalant feeling that I didn't like. However reading over that last post made me feel a lot better with him as a town-read as he seemed to have that hot-blooded town spirit that I was kind of looking for in the first place. If you want a more detailed response to your initial post then I would provide it, but I'm kind of busy and decided to just give you my final feelings. As for my intentions, I'm just scum hunting.

Re: Glyph: As for Glyph, I'm not sure if I can totally buy into that meta-game argument. If you knew Peach was connected to the doctor role, then you should have backed off or done something else. It didn't seem like you were doing Terywj a favor by taking him to the confession box, but I can see that as you trying to satisfy confirmed innocent. However, I'm not sure how you didn't know that the role pm's that were not distributed could have been randomized to different jobs. To be honest I never planned on voting for Terywj so that's probably why I don't see eye to eye with you or Meta.

Re: Ubermario: GET INVOLVED. If you're town then do something. Don't waste a town lynch if you are NOT mafia. I am being absolutely serious about this. You stated that you were interested in this game and now you are the focal point of this game as we near the end of the day and you're currently at L-2.

UberMario

Smash Master
After getting a good look again at this thread. . . . :

Unvote

[Re]Vote: Vanderzant

I wasn't the only one that was absent, or, as it was called, requiring a "prod", so why have you tried to start getting people to gang up on me not once, but TWICE? What have I done that is different besides being absent for two non-consecutive days? Has anything I posted seem scummy or something?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
After getting a good look again at this thread. . . . :Unvote [Re]Vote: Vanderzant I wasn't the only one that was absent, or, as it was called, requiring a "prod", so why have you tried to start getting people to gang up on me not once, but TWICE? What have I done that is different besides being absent for two non-consecutive days? Has anything I posted seem scummy or something?
You were voted because van stated that you are a "null read." You haven't contributed at all to scum hunting and you have contributed less posts than the moderator who only writes when required therefore making you more insignificant than an NPC in a videogame. For someone who is a first-time mafia player, they also may play like you are currently and adopt a jelly fish stance because they are too concentrated on saying the right thing and are afraid that they will wind up on the wrong side of the town. As stated previously, if you are town then you should either contribute to scum hunting besides OMGUSing vand and provide reasons for your counter-vote or you should role claim at the very least. By not providing information for town to make deductions you are effectively hurting town by wasting our only ability to combat mafia, deductive lynching.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Reminder, deadline is in 2 days.

@Vandie:
Odds of Jailing tracker are 1 in 7 or about 14%. I'd rather Tery take that 86% chance of saving a townies life and making mafia think twice about their night kill.
This is assuming that the Mafia even attack anybody OTHER than Tery. This is also assuming that we ignore the puzzle of "So was the protected scum, or was the protected targeted by scum, which would therefor result in no kill?" Should uber flip scum, we have to keep in mind that the power of Peach works BOTH ways.

who we believe to be town
And who is we? XD At least as far as I've been told, reads on me are rather split right now.

@Ubermario: The problem is that you don't seem to have any sense of logic whatsoever. If some arguments or defenses or observations were being made, it would be awesome and welcome! So far though, I haven't been able to glean any thing from your posts, and I'm not sure if anybody else has either. Can you give us evidence that points to your towniliness, OR that points to the two people that COULD be scum?

Grump

Smash Apprentice
EBWOP: Though you do bring up a good point, Ubermario. Admittedly I shall have to watch Vandie's wagon-starting behavior in the future. Of course, this is assuming that he even bandwagons anymore. Darn Vandie will probably take these suspicions and either tear them apart or use them to further confuse me lol.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
It is also hypocritical to spend fifteen minutes reading a thread and only offer a paragraph notifying that you are put at L-2 when the past comments in the previous thread have highlighted that this is a strategy called band-wagoning and is intended to put pressure on individuals (Vand, MK). Skimming posts is stated to be similar in nature to scum as they don't need to form reads on individuals (skimming posts because you are scum and thus don't need to find scum). You just need to carry on the hope that we won't lynch you before night comes.

With only one day left before toDAY begins to end, I suggest that you either participate more in order to prevent us from wasting this day on your lazy and non-committed playstyle. If you flip town then you should feel guilty for not being committed to a game that you previously stated was interesting. If you were honestly interested then you would provide us with the information needed to make a better choice whether by scum-hunting, character claiming, or simply writing more than the sparse comments previously provided.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Sephiroth: I am also interested in reading your respond to Vand's question:

vanderantz said:
Curiously if we couldn't lynch Uber (i.e. he claimed tracker) than who would you lynch?

UberMario

Smash Master
You were voted because van stated that you are a "null read."
You haven't contributed at all to scum hunting
Not true, if you look back you'll see me questioning Terywj, Meta-Kirby, and Zant:

Alright. Well, right now, I haven't seen anything troubling about Acrostic's, Grump's, Glyph's, or Meta-Kirby's posts, although the last of them makes me wonder: What if that J person left at least partially because he wasn't town and was afraid to mess up and leave only one mafian by themself? Meta-Kirby would have inherited any role that J had.

However, right now, it's Terywj and Vanderzant that I think are the scum. The former seems very defensive for some strange reason, and the fact that he said that he didn't want to join other mafia [games] after being accused of being a scum seems rather suspicious. Van seems like he's out to get me though, trying to get a group of people to lynch someone on little basis, and that seems kind of strange IF he's an actual townie.
I haven't seen anything (other than the person I posted about a few minutes ago) that really appears to be "scummy" material to me, which is why I haven't been that aggressive.

and you have contributed less posts than the moderator who only writes when required therefore making you more insignificant than an NPC in a videogame.
Not exactly true, the mod posted 12 of his 23 posts in the first two days, and 10 before the game even started, I do have to admit I'm posting not as often as I should though.

For someone who is a first-time mafia player, they also may play like you are currently and adopt a jelly fish stance because they are too concentrated on saying the right thing and are afraid that they will wind up on the wrong side of the town. As stated previously, if you are town then you should either contribute to scum hunting besides OMGUSing vand and provide reasons for your counter-vote
Like I said before, I haven't seen much to point at yet that makes me want to lash out at anyone.

or you should role claim at the very least.
Fine, my role is supposed to be "Vanilla", I didn't think it was worth posting though, since it really doesn't have a "role" connotation.

By not providing information for town to make deductions you are effectively hurting town by wasting our only ability to combat mafia, deductive lynching.
Well, I'll be posting more in the future regardless [the semester's over], so I'll try to be of the best [or at least better than now] assistance to the other townies. For some reason, I didn't consider that being too inactive would cause me to appear to be scum.

The problem is that you don't seem to have any sense of logic whatsoever.
That's a bit cold. :(

If some arguments or defenses or observations were being made, it would be awesome and welcome!
It seems that most people beat me to the punch, or other people post [myself included] that make it hard to deduce stances. It's mostly the former though since I've been inactive. >_<

So far though, I haven't been able to glean any thing from your posts, and I'm not sure if anybody else has either.

Can you give us evidence that points to your towniliness, OR that points to the two people that COULD be scum?
As I've said before, Vanderzant seems like the one that sticks out as scum the most to me, I have yet to see anyone try to cause a mass lynch in this thread, heck, several of his posts lately have been about what they are going to do when I am no more. What kind of [real] townie would do that without considering that I may be town? As for a second scum candidate, I'm not sure, the only two others that are giving me any negative vibes are Ranmaru, with his odd deductions:

"I'll vote him now since I know he won't be hammered by accident."

Seriously? Voting for me somehow makes it less likely to result in being accidentally hammered? >_>

Terywj WAS giving me a similar vibe of scumminess, but I haven't seen anything nearly as problematic as his first posts, so I'm not sure whether I'd consider him a threat right now or not, I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped mafia though.

Top Bottom