• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
LMAO Fromundaman. Mario is always really high on drugs! That explains why he's always going "whoo hoo" and "ya haah" on his jumps, or why he's crazy enough to have a worthless dtilt.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario was the best in 64. Except he had a useless dtilt! WHY?! Why does Mario ALWAYS possess a useless dtilt in every Smash game?!
His D-tilt is only useless in Melee. Any time you can use D-tilt, D-smash is better in Melee.

You can set up edgeguards with it in 64. And in Brawl, you can set up juggles with it and Jab cancel into it more reliably than Mario's other ground moves.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
His D-tilt is only useless in Melee. Any time you can use D-tilt, D-smash is better in Melee.

You can set up edgeguards with it in 64. And in Brawl, you can set up juggles with it and Jab cancel into it more reliably than Mario's other ground moves.
*facepalm* This guy is a lower than Ganon tier troll and youre feeding him.

SKidd

Smash Master
That's funny, because I have put all these trolls techniques in my gameplay and have been winning tourneys back and forth.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
*facepalm* This guy is a lower than Ganon tier troll and youre feeding him.
lol Inferno, lighten up. Why. So. Serious? We have a fun character. And there is no point in hiding all the fun things this character can do.

Dajayman is good in my book, just uninformed, and I believe he deserves to have fun.

Dajayman

Really though, I was semi-trolling with the dtilt s***, but is dtilt actually not worthless? I was led to believe it was completely worthless and dsmash/d-ftilt do the job 1000x better.

I do use Mario pretty often, so it'd be nice to know.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Just never use it in Melee.

It can be kinda used more safely than D-smash in 64 as a poke for getting people offstage.

and in Brawl, it sets up people for U-smash KOs pretty well. D-smash is almost never a kill move in most of Mario's matchups anyway in that game.

Dajayman

Dsmash is a kill move at like 130%. If I fail to get around a 100% fsmash kill or a gimp then I try to save usmash/dsmash for a 130%+ kill.

Girls main the girl/cute characters, not Mario.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Dsmash is a kill move at like 130%. If I fail to get around a 100% fsmash kill or a gimp then I try to save usmash/dsmash for a 130%+ kill.

Girls main the girl/cute characters, not Mario.
I know of no female Kirby mains.

Also, Ganon is manly. He probably possessed/***** the girl, and now she's bound to him until someone hits energy balls at him/her with a sword.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My lil sister uses Kirby, Pit, and Pikachu. I sense a pattern.

Most casual girl players I think go for the cute and easy characters. But the rare breed of girl that is a full fledged competitive gamer...they're hard to distinguish from any other male player imo.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I only know of 1 really good female smasher and that's Nicole. Her Peach is really legit. Kinda unfortunate she got in a death pool for Round 2 Apex pools (it was her, Boss, Cable, Malcolm, Pelca, and Y.B.M) Tiger is pretty good too. She mains Marth and beat me in a friendly set (**** 3:7 MUs). She wants me to main Marth -.-

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I only know of 1 really good female smasher and that's Nicole. Her Peach is really legit. Kinda unfortunate she got in a death pool for Round 2 Apex pools (it was her, Boss, Cable, Malcolm, Pelca, and Y.B.M) Tiger is pretty good too. She mains Marth and beat me in a friendly set (**** 3:7 MUs). She wants me to main Marth -.-
Sheeit, that is a stacked pool!

Yeah, I heard she was good.

Dajayman

I was just playing smash with some girls yesterday and they used Kirby/Yoshi/Jigglypuff. And then I played Mario Kart with them and they used Yoshi/Baby Mario. Baby Mario is close, yeah?

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
So I heard you can cape forward with backwards momentum, like of like a retreating cape. Is this true, and if it is HOW!?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I actually get to play Nicole for the first time this coming weekend. Going to see how I do against her. I didn't do terribly against KB a couple of tournaments ago and I think I've improved again. We'll see.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I actually get to play Nicole for the first time this coming weekend. Going to see how I do against her. I didn't do terribly against KB a couple of tournaments ago and I think I've improved again. We'll see.
Oh, is she going to SiS3?

Juu, your Mario's going down!

I personally do really bad vs Peach. I need to practice that MU more. All I know about it is that Wolf is the character I fight her best with.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Juu you got dis. Just spam Up-B, and Usmash and she'll be like "WTF ARE THESE SHENANIGANS?" Then throw out a Fair and be like "Awwwwwwwww yeah, ELBOWS!!!" and then walk away with her money.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Juu you got dis. Just spam Up-B, and Usmash and she'll be like "WTF ARE THESE SHENANIGANS?" Then throw out a Fair and be like "Awwwwwwwww yeah, ELBOWS!!!" and then walk away with her money.
Which I will then take from him in our MM :laugh:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Jiggs is really good in low tier teams and I think decent in regular teams. I remember at one of my first tourneys 1st place in low tier teams was double jiggs. Mario and Ike are good in low tiers in general.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I haven't done low tier doubles yet, but me/Composer are going Mario/Samus at his tourney. It's gonna be fuuuuuuun!

And we're gonna win too!

Top Bottom