• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
My experience with girl smashers is that young girls play kirby. Teens and tweens play Ike ('cuz he fights for his friends, I guess...)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lmao vato, shes taken by kel (INB4NAMESEARCH)

she was pretty cute though, and really nice person too haha

and lil g at most its like 50$ to even get to tourney, $30 for singles dubz venue, 10$ for commute 10$ food at all at most not that hard at all

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I know of some people that take 3 hour bus rides to locals x.x
meeee btu i get lazy

Hipple, my mom don't care if I go outta state, she don't wanna take me to any tournaments, I'm on my own, I'll try to catch a bus.. <.<
no johns at all

ive traveled 2 hr+ on train buses, the adventures to tourney are usually hysterical if you have buddies

also just learn how to lie, make her drop u at some tutoring ****ing center, and just travel from there or some ****ing **** idfk

man i traveled across the country on my own, taking a bus or two is pretty ****ing easy
this man over here, went through everything LMFAO

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Guys, I wish I could take busses. I have to get rides everywhere, and the closest people are ONE HOUR away, and there are never tournaments where they live so at minimum I usually end up traveling 2 hours in a car, usually 3 or 4 honestly.

****ing Indiana.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Haha, Vato's on Kass. She's really cool, fun to play with and have around.

But, Xero. You always have people willing to go get you, lol. You have other johns than transportation johns. As for me, I'm from Columbus so it's 2hr to Cincy, 1.5ish to Athens (Ohio U) and 45m to Springfield. I'm in a good place for travel. Lol.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
People aren't willing to come get me, they're willing to give me a ride provided I get to their place. Silly Juu. Other than Asdioh sometimes.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I'ma try, I already joined this program that will help me to get a job so I can make some money to attend to tournies hopefully. I'm trying hard as possible to see Big Lou and other players.
Coming to Roswell eh?

is it hard to ask mommy to drive me somewhere ? im assuming ur 18 so u should have freedom rights by now

(took my mom a year to get over that tourneys run past 12am)
Freedom still doesn't change the fact that he lives four hours away from team Atl Barwl.

Hipple, my mom don't care if I go outta state, she don't wanna take me to any tournaments, I'm on my own, I'll try to catch a bus.. <.<
That is a good bit of money.

It may even be cheaper to fly here regional to Hartsfield and MARTA up to US Gaming.

I know of some people that take 3 hour bus rides to locals x.x
Dedication.

People aren't willing to come get me, they're willing to give me a ride provided I get to their place. Silly Juu. Other than Asdioh sometimes.
Asking Asidoh for something. :eek:

BSP

Smash Legend
Still too young here...Maybe in two years I can get out. Hopefully in one, I can find my town place to hold smashfests. Would be a lot simpler.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In other news, our man Pierce7d stated that Mario beats Lucario.

I personally am not going to say that I agree with him yet, but I want to hear a discussion now. =)

Reasons why I disagree:
-hard to land a kill move on Lucario besides Jab -> D-smash
-Lucario combos Mario pretty well with his F-air
-Juggling Lucario is not super straightforward
-longer ranged ground pokes and low lag Smashes which Mario has trouble punishing severely
-can be hard to edgeguard if his DI is solid

And on an unrelated note, please implement SH U-air out of shield. Learn to buffer it frame perfect. I know it's not easy, but trust me, this will help your game a lot if you can master it. There are so many situations where this move is a LOT more flexible than N-air out of shield, but it still has the ability to give you a decent gtfo oos option that covers both sides.

SKidd

Smash Master
Is Mario good at punishing rolls?
Is the same as asking "mario or lucario?"

Oh, and who needs girls? Mario saves Princess Peach.
mariobrouser said:
Still too young here...Maybe in two years I can get out. Hopefully in one, I can find my town place to hold smashfests. Would be a lot simpler.
No such thing as too young :p

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
In other news, our man Pierce7d stated that Mario beats Lucario.

I personally am not going to say that I agree with him yet, but I want to hear a discussion now. =)

Reasons why I disagree:
-hard to land a kill move on Lucario besides Jab -> D-smash
-Lucario combos Mario pretty well with his F-air
-Juggling Lucario is not super straightforward
-longer ranged ground pokes and low lag Smashes which Mario has trouble punishing severely
-can be hard to edgeguard if his DI is solid

And on an unrelated note, please implement SH U-air out of shield. Learn to buffer it frame perfect. I know it's not easy, but trust me, this will help your game a lot if you can master it. There are so many situations where this move is a LOT more flexible than N-air out of shield, but it still has the ability to give you a decent gtfo oos option that covers both sides.
Got to play against Fonzi quite a bit and I was going very even with him, last stock high percent. I won't say it's in our favor, but it's somewhere between 50-50 and our favor. I just haven't figured out what to do quite yet to finish Lucario's stocks.

Gonna address your disagreement points.
- Yes, this... my god this. So difficult to land a kill move on full-power Lucario. B-air's probably going to be stale when you finally get him off.
- I dunno, I had more problem with jab silliness than fair. Though, I was hit up for a fair amount of damage at least once per game.
- You really have to pick your spots. D-throw has to go to B-air or wait for Lucy to dair and punish that. D-air -> D-air has seen success. Somehow D-air eats Lucario alive. (I agree with you, though).
- I will agree with this, though I haven't really been poked on the ground by Lucario. I can see it and punishing Lucario's f-smash (and only F-smash) is hard at mid-high damage.
- Agreed.

Overall, low-to-mid percent is our game (as usual). We can play it almost any way we like and if we're smart we'll control what we need to. Lucario's jabs are really annoying, lol. They can set up from jab just like us, but have better grab setups from it. Somehow, Lucario's pivot grab is very fluid and when I spaced wrong, I found myself falling into it for some setups. Mixups and creative ways to try to get the kill are so freaking key in this matchup. Maybe it was my mistake in spacing/judgement, but I found Up-smash later was completely unviable as a kill move later, though it was fresher than fresh.

[Addressing the unrelated:] I agree with you, it's something I need to work on, too. I've gotten D-air out of shield sort of down, but I'm so bad with uairs. I need to work on that really hard. It seems like a very good option.

Top Bottom