• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
...I already do all of that stuff, because it's the only stuff I can actually pull off. I still can't WIN. I mean, I can win on Battlefield sometimes, but that's about it.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
If I'm gimped it's usually only once, I'm pretty good at avoiding the Dair shenanigans. MK just shuts down the way I play, I guess. Or maybe I just get really nervous and can't play against him, I have no idea. All I know is I hate the matchup with a passion... **** YOU METAKNIIIIIGHT!

Matt07

Smash Master
Dedede is a LOT worse. Such a boring match-up.

Snake is lame too. Your in the lead by about 100%, and it takes 4 hits for him to come back. Also he can't die unlike MK :mad:.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Nah, MK is way worse.

DDD isn't even that boring. It's just about baiting his stuff, which is all punishable if you've got your spacing down right. You can even play in a semi-aggro state if you really really want to. It's way more manageable than MK.

Snake? That matchup isn't even that hard. As long as you play safe and apply damage when you can, and **** his **** up offstage. Let's not forget baiting his Ftilts and punishing with a charged Fsmash, that's actually REALLY good against him (a really easy kill setup, too.) Usmash will kill at around 140-160, I'm not entirely sure on the percent. Maybe lower, I don't know. You can get him offstage with Dsmash easily, FAIR WRECKS HIS FACE OFFSTAGE. It's a completely fair matchup... at least in my opinion. Not to say that I'm very good at it, but still. (I'm actually not sure, I need to play more snakes.)

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
yeah I think im going to go with MK as the worst match up since D3 standing infinite is banned. Dont get me wrong he can throw you all over the place, but not as good as MK can IMO

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
DDD is winnable, it's really easy to space on his shield and bait the grab, Dair ***** his shield too.
MK just shuts Mario down, it's waaaaaay harder.

In other news, I placed 5th yesterday and beat Minty with Mario/Link. 8D

Matt07

Smash Master
There's a little pushback, but as long as you use it when your high enough, and can UpB to the stage to avoid getting gimped. You can use it if your low, but you'll need your second jump to recover.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Fludd is like...the best anti-edgeguard ever. There's so little lag after it that you get to upB almost immediately if they airdodge through it.

On a related note, I can't gimp for ****.

SKidd

Smash Master
me neither
i just camp the whole match

btw, someone mentor me. I'm tired of losing :L

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
:o I'd also like not to be as bad.

One more thing:

I was messing around with some cape glide stuff, seeing what how many moves I can do without killing myself getting back onto the stage. For my fellow Mario's, what typical chains do you like to do out of your cape glides? I feel like there's a lot of variation of what you can do, depending on how risky you feel.

I like: Glide -> Uair -> Cape (Forward) -> Jump -> NAir (back towards the stage)
and: Glide -> Uair -> Cape (Back) -> Jump -> Dair/Bair (Back towards the stage)

Also, do you think cape glide -> fludd would be safe or just something like a do-or-die?

Veggi

Smash Champion
I dont chain off of my cape glide very often...or maybe even ever. I don't use it much and if I did chain off of it it would probably just be into one uair or something.

Cape glide>FLUDD is survivable at all cape glide distances, but it's not very practical and I guess someone could grab the edge from you.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
I dont chain off of my cape glide very often...or maybe even ever. I don't use it much and if I did chain off of it it would probably just be into one uair or something.

Cape glide>FLUDD is survivable at all cape glide distances, but it's not very practical and I guess someone could grab the edge from you.
I actually managed to cape glide -> Fair-> recover. before.

Needless to say, my friends were not happy at what just happened.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I was playing wifi and I accidentally did a perfect cape glide off the stage (I intended to just run up to the ledge and cape), then I gimped myself pretty hard. Then there were taunts. Lots of them.

Theburningfireball

Smash Rookie
Uhm hello guys?

I finally came on these boards after a lot of navigating through this forum @__@.

I would like to introduce myself,
I am Mario (Yes that's my real name) and I am a Mario main from the Netherlands.
I like Mario alot! I also played him in ssb64 and in melee!
I hope you guys can learn me new things to step my game up!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
My name is Tony.
I can't figure out why this post made me lol.

Also, I've done short cape glide > Bair stagespike when my opponent grabbed the edge. Not a great tactic, but it caught the guy offguard and looked awesome.

Top Bottom