• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 7th Mango meets M2K Poll: What should we do on day 2?

What do we do on day 2?

• Option A

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Option B

Votes: 47 54.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Alright everyone, as you know the hype and demand for this tourney was nearly out of control. So Alukard got the venue for 2 days instead of 1, which is incredible.

I know people are flying out and stuff and others are driving and there is a shortage of housing.

Think about the possibility of hotels etc and when you personally want to leave on Sunday so we can figure out what to do.

If your answer is more complicated than the response to the poll please make a post explaining yourself.

Option A) Emphasizes Tournament Organization
Day 1: Signups, Teams Pools, Singles Pools 1, Singles Pools 2, Crews
Day 2: 32 Team Bracket, 32-Man Singles Bracket, end early for friendlies and MMs

Option B) Emphasizes event variety and schedule flexibility
Day 1: Signups, Teams Bracket, Singles Pools, Singles 64-Man Bracket
Day 2: Crews, Low Tier events, friendlies, MMs

Things to consider:

-Tournament Organization
Option A is definitely better organized and is the best choice for the best possible tournament. It will provide more accurate seeding, the event will be less rushed in general, there will be plenty of time in between events to get food etc, and the brackets will be considerably smaller for both events.

Option B will have much larger singles and teams brackets, so the chances are higher that you will play people from your region. Also less rounds of pools means you will play less people overall.

-Variety of events
Option B definitely provides for more events, since day 2 will be completely freestyle.

-Flexibility with your plans
Option B only requires people to stay for one full day to be a part of the entire tournament. If you won't be able to stay for Sunday (even though you should want to if you're coming this far), option B is a better choice.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I don't think either option affects me more. I am going to miss teams. I think what is more important is what the OOS people want. I am gonna hold off from voting until I realize which option is better for OOS people.

Frames

DI
definitely option a just because organization is key

also with option b if you dont have enough setups/more people than expected/etc etc then day 1 is gonna suck and drag forever but with option a people can do their matches and stuff and everything will be spread over 2 days so even if we don't have as many setups as we need we can still get things done without having to rush

we can still do the fun stuff like low tiers and things after the tournament ends if its really organized then we should still be able to do all that stuff anyway, it would just be on day 2 but according to option b thats when it would happen anyway

Alukard

Smash Hero
option b

but only cause i can't make it sunday, at least not until later, and i don't want to miss a bracket i've paid to join
u do understand u have to make it to the bracket on sunday lol ... just letting people kno that lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
i think that by the end of the polling (it's open for like 10 days) we'll realize who can stay and who can't.

right now it looks like a lot of people can't make it on sunday so i think it's pretty clear that we're just going to take option B but we'll see

JFox

Smash Hero
scar, shouldnt there be an option C "1 day only event" cuz that would give us a good idea of how many people even plan on coming sunday.

Some people very well might pick option C because they don't wanna dish out the extra $10 venue fee, but that doesn't necessarily mean they want to come back day two for crews.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
Option A is so much better, and would definitely be the way to go if this tourney weren't on such short notice. ****, I really wish we could do Option A...

However, Option B is way too flexible and enables OOS'ers and OOC'ers to get their money's worth. This makes it SO important that all Saturday affairs are finished on Saturday but I think we can do it.

Edit: ^^ What Jfox said. ^^ There may not be enough incentive to stay for Day 2 of Option B, if it means extra day plane ticket + extra venue fee + food + etc; although all of the talent coming to this venue should be plenty of incentive...

Although for those that feel that way about Day 2/Option B: Draft crews are really worth the trip, especially with all these different people coming.

Scar

#HarveyDent
jfox alukard already has the venue for sunday so we may as well use it right?

we need to discuss stuff on AIM anyways so whenever you can get on

Alukard

Smash Hero
i mean i understand that they are paying another 10 venue ... but a tournament of this caliber again i say it ... is very cheap compared to other tournies in the past with the whole 75$ package and u didn't even play in crew events lmfaooo ...

VLS POUND3 anyone ???

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
option B seems clearly the better option. 1 because there are some people who cant stay for 2 days and this would be awesome. also the Melee community in general always has enough setups for everything so i feel like you can successfully do a teams bracket and get that done faster than pools. This option i believe will lead to less pressure and less stress. Just emphasize everyone to be there on time and start it on time and it should ****.

i go with option B

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Option DJ lol. This is mainly for OOS players, but I don't care whats the option. Remember everyone, drink DJ's Antioxidant Defense =)

Scar

#HarveyDent
Pre-Registration List

Thanks for pre-registering!

This post is me manually exporting all of the data in my excel spreadsheet to this post so we can have a tally, I obviously can't update things immediately so if you just pre-registered your name is most likely not on here.

Give me about 1 day to compile all of the new requests and update this list before getting concerned whether the pre-registration went through or not.

Pre-Registered

TheManaLord
noodles
Lovage
Kage
Pakman
Scar
Sensei
koj
Milos
Jona
Blast
White Mike
Prince of Fire
Europhoria
DJ Nintendo
CanISmash
otg
Wife
VaNz
tinky
Cactuar
Mew2King
teh_spamerer
Dan
R3N0
KirbyKaze
JFox
ZoSo
V
Drephen
Swift
Ritz
Cheeburger
TSP
BigD
Meth
Vicious
Mogwai
Chewman
Zhu
PC Chris
Frames
Kels
XYT
KnightMare516
Eggm
doyoung2win
Sanuzi
Spawn
stabby2486
MattDotZeb
JS
Nick_Nasty
CHAIN-ACE
StriCNYN3
Alukard
Tailz532
Mow
ChuDatz
I.B.
hbox
JMan
Grill
bear
Idea
Teczero
HIV+
Mikeman
Stratford
Deathknight
Wafflekwnt
Bailey
prog
Omni

Players by Region
Tristate: 21
Atlantic North: 20
New England: 12
MD/VA: 4
Atlantic South: 2
Canada: 6
Midwest: 4
West Coast: 2

Totals
Singles: 71
Teams: 60 (individuals)
Draft Crews: 45
Regional Crews: 40
Full Setups: 34 (34 TVs, 45 Gamecubes, 45 Melee disks)
Need Housing: 33

Sanu

Smash Champion
Option b for all the reasons everyone stated before.

LLDL

Smash Hero
it wouldn't make any sense to make it option A at this point. 42 people won't be able to make it if we somehow get more votes for A, which defeats the purpose of the tourney.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So this means we preregistered and we have to pay at the venue right?

Or are you going to make some type of payment thing for later?

When will we we know how the tournament will be run?

Btw I think this was an awesome idea allowing the players to choose the way the tournament will be run.

Alukard

Smash Hero
So this means we preregistered and we have to pay at the venue right?

Or are you going to make some type of payment thing for later?

When will we we know how the tournament will be run?

Btw I think this was an awesome idea allowing the players to choose the way the tournament will be run.
u know tristate is all for the people

Alukard

Smash Hero
i mean no one loses for option B but with option A people spending hundreds will suffer i just think its pretty obvious now ... if there still is reason to keep it open PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP

thats all i'm saying =]

i love all ya ... i dont want someone missing out on this awesome tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom