• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 1, 2014] Smash Carolina III: Revenge of the Scrubs (Melee/Project M) (Greenville, SC)

Player -0

Smash Hero
Getting JV 5 stocked by a Pichu is pretty silly. Dem pro Pichus.

I still want to see a Roy win a tournament by just dash dancing and playing completely on the ground.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
Getting JV 5 stocked by a Pichu is pretty silly. Dem pro Pichus.

I still want to see a Roy win a tournament by just dash dancing and playing completely on the ground.
Thats not possible. You see roy has about 2 viable moves. Down tilt, neutral air.

And you cant just down tilt the whole game........... Or CAN you?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Geez, how many people watched that set? lol

I gotta say, jitters set in hard after the second stock. It kind of freaked me out I had a solid lead over m2k.
Don't get jitters, he is just human... even though they call him the robot :ohwell:. I think if you knew about these tournaments, you watched the set. It is super cool seeing a local smasher do so well against someone like M2K, even if the commentators just keep repeatedly saying Pdude in funny voices.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Such confidence. That's always fun to see from your partner.

Also, to quote myself from a few days ago...
and on an off note, pdude. imma be a top 4 seed by the end of this tourny.

watch and see
Mark my words, by the end of this tournament I may place somewhat desirably for my first tournament if I rush together a scrubby Sheik!

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
About to bring money (if I go) for some MM's...
How about..... Nolimar ditto MM :awesome:
It would be unfair, I practically main Nolimar....
I'm guessing "MM's" are money matches? Isn't that gambling, or am I thinking of something else? And who's Nolimar? Are you purposely misspelling Olimar? Is this a secret character I have somehow not unlocked?

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I'm guessing "MM's" are money matches? Isn't that gambling, or am I thinking of something else? And who's Nolimar? Are you purposely misspelling Olimar? Is this a secret character I have somehow not unlocked?
Nolimar refers to Olimar without pikmin, he's also called Solomar.

MM's are Money Matches, Money Matches are not considered gambling as money is wagered on matches that are based upon skill rather than luck. Of course you could say that getting a lucky Stitchface breaks this rule but nobody gives a if you get hit by it then it's your problem.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Money Matches you battle someone with the intent of beating them or playing your hardest against someone who is playing their hardest.

Paying for lessons is someone taking the time to gauge your skill level, point out your mistakes/habits, and telling you how to do things.

I know this question is because of KDJ.... Anyone can feel free to elaborate.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Nolimar refers to Olimar without pikmin, he's also called Solomar.

MM's are Money Matches, Money Matches are not considered gambling as money is wagered on matches that are based upon skill rather than luck. Of course you could say that getting a lucky Stitchface breaks this rule but nobody gives a if you get hit by it then it's your problem.
So... the only people betting are the people who're actually playing? If so, can you just bet on the other guy and suicide?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So... the only people betting are the people who're actually playing? If so, can you just bet on the other guy and suicide?
lol

In a MM, both players put a buck or two down (or $20 or $100!!!!!), winner takes all. The basic idea is "I bet you a dollar I can beat you"

I sometimes use MM's just to be sure that somebody isn't sandbagging / joking around (including me). Put some money on the line, and THINGS GET SERIOUS.

Last edited:

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Anybody wanna do some Wi-Fi PM around 2:00[ish] later today?? I'm goin' to my grandparents, and after I chill for a while, I can play all I want.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
i'm interested in coming out to this from orlando. problem is though that i can only take megabus to columbia. are there any smashers from columbia that could give me rides/house me? i can provide good practice for melee and can provide funds for rides/housing. lemme know if anyone can help.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
i'm interested in coming out to this from orlando. problem is though that i can only take megabus to columbia. are there any smashers from columbia that could give me rides/house me? i can provide good practice for melee and can provide funds for rides/housing. lemme know if anyone can help.
Wow. seriously? Get them FL runbacks. Somebody in Cola help him out!

Эикельманн [РУС]

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I posted on the facebook event for this asking somebody to help you out. Should be some people coming from Columbia, and thru columbia from Charleston, so here's hoping somebody has some car space. Good luck, Ian.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
side note.... where can we find the pics from last tourney?

and another btw.. does anyone have a twitter? if so, give me it on here or follow me @ woundedust woundedust

Last edited:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
If I am able to make this I want to MM Pretty much everyone in PM and Melee. I main Ganon in Melee and Dedede/Ganon/DK in PM. If you play Captain Falcon In Melee Ill MM you with Pichu.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
If I am able to make this I want to MM Pretty much everyone in PM and Melee. I main Ganon in Melee and Dedede/Ganon/DK in PM. If you play Captain Falcon In Melee Ill MM you with Pichu.
Assuming I have time and money, I'll take an MM in both games.

Эикельманн [РУС]

those are my p:m characters, too. looking forward to seeing another ddd.

melee ganondorf dittos are my favourite matchup so we should do mms in that :colorful:

Last edited:
Top Bottom