• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 1, 2014] Smash Carolina III: Revenge of the Scrubs (Melee/Project M) (Greenville, SC)

lu-cari0

Smash Rookie
-Sure bring it. worst-case, it doesn't get used, but best case, we have another setup.
-Use the Full Set of PM
-Yes, bring your own controllers.
Im the friend Blader is talking about. Yes I can bring my wii and 2 GC controllers and a wi i mote or two. Currently I have wifi safe but I will get the Full Set ASAP.
EDIT: This is my old account, I accidentally signed in to it. My current account is S5565.

Last edited:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Good post, Fenrir. I'm gonna print out rulesets for each game and post them in the venue. Plus, I'll be able to bring more equipment this time. My mom is giving me her old tube, and my wife will let me borrow her Wii as well.

lu-cari0

Smash Rookie
Do people bringing supplies get discounts? And if I brought my wii (white) I would be setting it up.
EDIT: This is my old account, I accidentally signed into it. My current account is S5565.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
It all makes sense now..... That guy at the venue who said hey..... LOL

Edit: So we WILL be having streaming? Also how're commentators decided (if this is the case)

Last edited:

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
It'll be pre-determined people. Talk to Andrew Zah on the facebook event if you wanna get on the mic.
I WILL COMMENTATE AT THIS. MY CAREER AS A XOMMENTATOR WILL BE FUDILLED

and yes proto is pdude, he who put up a good fight vs. m2k at kumite.
(If you would stop approaching with that damn neutral air)

Finally, is andrew zah with a stream team? Or is he solo?

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Geez, how many people watched that set? lol

I gotta say, jitters set in hard after the second stock. It kind of freaked me out I had a solid lead over m2k.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Just realized that I'll probably have a track meet March 1st (my first one). I might show up later but I probably won't come :l. If I can be there before Project M starts then I'll try but ehhh.

Does anyone know how long track meets take?

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
No worries... I'll take PDude out for you.
My hero! :love:

Question time!
1. How do the brackets get decided? Are the names just drawn out of a hat or do you put people with the same skill level together? Are we using a loser's bracket for this tourney? Does the champ of the winner's bracket fight the champ of the loser's bracket? Does the champ of the winner's bracket get an advantage for being awesome?

2. What character/characters do you use, Fenrir?
3. WHY IS THIS SHEEP SO BOUNCY?!?! --->:happysheep:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
As for the seeding, I put everyone in Tio and give them a skill rating. I'm going to try and separate the players out by location so you don't fight someone from your region early on, but I'm also taking skill into account. The top four seeds for Melee so far are Atlas, Le Fou, ESAM, and Fenrir (Not in that order). Project M is Atlas, ESAM, PDude, and Le Fou (Again, not in that order). I just need to make sure these four players don't play each other until late in the bracket.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Question time!
1. How do the brackets get decided? Are the names just drawn out of a hat or do you put people with the same skill level together? Are we using a loser's bracket for this tourney? Does the champ of the winner's bracket fight the champ of the loser's bracket? Does the champ of the winner's bracket get an advantage for being awesome?
As I understand it, the brackets are mostly randomized, with PDude making small changes to separate teammates and such.. correct me if I'm wrong here. Pdude answered this one.
Yes Double elim, so there's a loser's bracket. Winner of Winner's and Loser's brackets play in the grand finals. Winner of the Loser's bracket must beat the winner of the Winner's bracket in 2 sets to win the tourney, while the winner of the Winner's bracket only needs to win 1 set. so that's the advantage... Loser pretty much needs to beat the Winner twice to win.

2. What character/characters do you use, Fenrir?
Depending on the game: Fox, Link, Marth, Roy, C. Falcon, Zelda, Lucas, Kirby, Ryu, Guile, Jack-6, Heihachi, Wolverine, Magneto, Batman, Servbot, Mitsurugi, Tali, Raphael, Fat Princess, Big Daddy, Scorpion, Ivan Von Ooze, Akuma, Hagaar, Bumblebee

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
As for the seeding, I put everyone in Tio and give them a skill rating. I'm going to try and separate the players out by location so you don't fight someone from your region early on, but I'm also taking skill into account. The top four seeds for Melee so far are Atlas, Le Fou, ESAM, and Fenrir (Not in that order). Project M is Atlas, ESAM, PDude, and Le Fou (Again, not in that order). I just need to make sure these four players don't play each other until late in the bracket.
What is Tio? And how would you rank us? Do you watch us in friendlies? Do we hafta play you over Wi-Fi as a sort of qualifier or something? Who's Le Fou? He sounds French...

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Depending on the game, I play: Fox, Link, Marth, C. Falcon, Zelda, Lucas, Kirby, Ryu, Guile, Jack-6, Heihachi, Wolverine, Magneto, Batman, Servbot, Mitsurugi, Tali, Raphael, Fat Princess, Big Daddy, Scorpion, Ivan Von Ooze, Akuma, Hagaar, Bumblebee
Ummm, to narrow it down, who do you play in PM?
Oh, Ken beats Ryu any day. :laugh:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
And how would you rank us? Do you watch us in friendlies? Do we hafta play you over Wi-Fi as a sort of qualifier or something? Who's Le Fou? He sounds French...
PDude goes to your house before the tournament and watches you in your sleep (without your knowledge) and gauges your natural Smash "aura" to determine your skill level.
(Or he just knows how people have done in past tournaments and only really separates the top 4-5 players, then lets everybody else just fall out where the system puts them)

Ummm, to narrow it down, who do you play in PM?
Oh, Ken beats Ryu any day. :laugh:
That's a matter of opinion... Mitsurugi beats them both.

PM is some combination of Fox, Marth, Roy, Link, Lucas, Kirby, Zelda.... depending on my mood that day.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
and on an off note, pdude. imma be a top 4 seed by the end of this tourny.

watch and see
Such confidence. That's always fun to see from your partner.

Also, to quote myself from a few days ago...

Mark my words, though... I'm going to surprise some people this time. I was raw last time... won't happen again.

Player -0

Smash Hero
If I'm able to come I'll do my best to make an upset. (AKA main the random button)

Too bad I can't P:M this weekend.... Actually going to see if there are any tournaments in Asheville, NC. Going to be there.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
If I'm able to come I'll do my best to make an upset. (AKA main the random button)
I only do that when just messin' around with friends. I didn't think anyone would be either skilled enough or crazy enough to do that at a tourney.
Too bad I can't P:M this weekend....
Why not? If you're looking for a training partner/punching bag, I'm your man! Just message me on Skype, I'm dannyC1928.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice

Too bad I can't P:M this weekend.... Actually going to see if there are any tournaments in Asheville, NC. Going to be there.
You gonna be in asheville? **** i live an hour from there. We might have to hang and play friendlies

Top Bottom