• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 1, 2014] Smash Carolina III: Revenge of the Scrubs (Melee/Project M) (Greenville, SC)

Player -0

Smash Hero
In melée it says "forced character selection off" is that basically saying you can switch characters?

Also for teams if you're talking to your partner and telling him to do something (like make sure to use bair for kills or help me or 2v1 this dude) that doesn't count as coaching right?

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Oh, no. Coaching is basically someone sitting in your ear telling you how to beat someone mid match. Advice in between matches is fine as long as it doesn't take too long.

And yeah, you can change characters mid set.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Oh, no. Coaching is basically someone sitting in your ear telling you how to beat someone mid match. Advice in between matches is fine as long as it doesn't take too long.

And yeah, you can change characters mid set.
Hmmm... I have an idea... Kirby Swallowcide 4 times.... then do it 3 more times..... and then it's a 1v1 with only 1 stock a piece....

Let the coaching commence! :awesome:

Edit: Yeah I'll definitely try to make this one, the last one was awesome (I had to leave early though). Hopefully I'll be able to enter P:M singles and make it farther into the Dubz bracket.

Edit2: Going to leave this thread unless I have a serious question so I don't spam it up with me being excited.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
As a note, "coaching" generally refers to somebody who isn't involved in the match telling a player who is involved how to win.

Generally, in doubles, teammates are allowed to talk to each other midmatch to strategize, etc. Correct me if this is not the case.

Player -0

Smash Hero
^
Meant to ask this at one point, slipped my mind though. It sounds super hype.

Edit: It would be a chance for people to get to know each other a bit better since it would be an organized event and before each match you could have each person introduce themselves to the other person.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
I've just confirmed that I will probably be there. I have the money, and I'm planning to bring a friend and do some Project M dubz. My friend is game to go IF his parents are cool with it. Can't wait to game!!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Possibly. You should totally host an UMVC3 tournament, I wouldn't mind wi-I mean competing in more events. It's more fun!

#imnotactuallyanassholeguysplzlovemeforever

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Possibly. You should totally host an UMVC3 tournament, I wouldn't mind wi-I mean competing in more events. It's more fun!

#imnotactuallyan*******guysplzlovemeforever
You coming this time? There's actually a traditional fighter tournament at the same venue on the 15th of February if you wanna go to that as well. I'll send you the link.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The good part about this tournament is I can leave for it on Saturday and come back on a Saturday. None of that leave friday come back sunday shiet.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
I misread your earlier post.... Whoops.

Awesome, if your other friend is coming I for see awkward team battles.
lol, probably gonna be pretty crazy out there. My Dad said he would take me, 'cause he's trying to build a closer relationship between us, ya know? But he's gonna be 60 in a few months, and if he sees some people swearing, [which I'm not against in the least, but my Dad's kinda over-protective] he's never gonna let me go to another tourney again. But if my other friends' dads bring us, [I'm 14, my best friend is 13, and my other friend, the one who was good at Brawl but just started PM, is 13, btw] they'll be cool with it. Oh, would anyone wanna do some Wi-Fi with me later? Not necessarily later today, but sometime later.

Player -0

Smash Hero
lol, probably gonna be pretty crazy out there. My Dad said he would take me, 'cause he's trying to build a closer relationship between us, ya know? But he's gonna be 60 in a few months, and if he sees some people swearing, [which I'm not against in the least, but my Dad's kinda over-protective] he's never gonna let me go to another tourney again. But if my other friends' dads bring us, [I'm 14, my best friend is 13, and my other friend, the one who was good at Brawl but just started PM, is 13, btw] they'll be cool with it. Oh, would anyone wanna do some Wi-Fi with me later? Not necessarily later today, but sometime later.
Check the arena for wifi stuff.

S5565

Smash Rookie
I might be going with Blader as my team partner, IF we get WAY better at PM than we are now...

Player -0

Smash Hero
What exactly is a "crew battle"? It sounds chaotic, therefore fun.
You can google these things by the way, basically there's an equal amount of players on each team and then let's say game one there's a fox and falco. Fox wins with 2 stocks so then the team with Falco sends in another player. So the second game is Fox with 2 stocks against the other guy.
So the stocks carry over and once you have no stocks you're eliminated. Team that has no more stocks loses.

Don't get your hopes up for Crew Battles. We're kinda tight as it is.
Just was wondering how it was going to work if there was time.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
Draft crews are probably the best option. And i will stay until midnight if thats what it tales to do crews

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
So.... are the teams pre-decided or are the members chosen at the tourney itself? And it's just two crews, right? What are draft crews? I'm guessing "SC vs the World" is the SC players against the players from other states, right? And one last question, what PM characters are most seen at tourneys? Oh, I googled these and couldn't find answers.

Top Bottom