• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 1, 2014] Smash Carolina III: Revenge of the Scrubs (Melee/Project M) (Greenville, SC)

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
So how about everyone shows up an hour early to do crews :D we will do drafts, pick people that day. That way there is no added stress to pdude, and we can do it as people filter in
Sounds good to me! But that would mean leaving meh house an hour early, so I'd hafta leave by 9:00 am on a Saturday.... That's unnatural. I don't like that idea! (mostly joking)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ok here's the deal...
IF we do crew battles, we'll just set up a draft battle at the end of the day. This means we'll be playing PM, most likely (which I believe most people would prefer anyway).

A crew battle is pretty easy to just pull together, so we don't need to plan too much. The big thing is whether we'll have time for it, which there's really no way to know at this point.

I'm planning to be at the venue as close to noon as I can. gotta get them warmups.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yo Fenrir, I'm heading there tonight to practice a bit around 8pm. Wanna join me?
I'd like to (and I've been meaning to get up with you), but I've been crazy tied up with work and home stuff lately, so it looks like I'll just have to wait 'til Saturday.

Thx for the offer though.

hood+

Smash Cadet
Not sure if I'm coming yet so not doin' it, procrastinating hard doing dem projects though.

Sounds like people calling me Player 0.

No it's not Player 0 btw.
theorem: prove that zero is a negative (or positive) integer

proof .....???

QED.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
Ok. Its pronounced wounded-dust. All one word. And pdude, round robins for smash 64? And finally, imma be there at like 11:30 waitin for them doors to open

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If we are in a later event (P:M Singles) do we have to sign up at noon and wait for our event, or can we arrive later before our event and sign up?

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
So Maybe I will go, just tnot be there the entire time, If I do however, I will be bringing a hacked Wii with Melee 1.06 ISO (Mr. G&W and M2 not unlocked as well as a few stages) and what ever the newest version of PM is.

I have VBrawl, but.. Ew. Aldo no SSB64 or N64 Emu on my wii, Sorry,

I will also have my own CRT Attached to the Wii.

I will sign up for what ever I can when I arrive.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos Sure can. I'll be closing sign ups for the events about ten minutes before the start, but you are pre-registered so all you need to do is come in and pay your fees.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
@ ProtomanVX ProtomanVX ? Can you take me and Sword off of the signups? We won't be coming. Sword was gonna ride w/ me, but I turned a test in late, and I can't go. :(:(:(:(:(:(:eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:( I be so sad. About when will the next event be?

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
That's a shame. I'm not sure when the next event will be. I'll have to get with the owner of the store and the rest of the South Carolina TOs.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
"Everybody"

(2 people)

You're fine Proto, we be good. Hopefully there will be at least 15 entrants per game...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'd expect roughly 25 for Melee and 25-35 for PM (pretty much same as last time)

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
It's the educational system I tell you! First -0 and now Blader! ESAM only just escaped the clutches of the most threatening form of education: College. At least he has escaped, for now.

You got cheated out of a 1 dollar money match. :ohwell:
You can hit the reply button multiple times bro.

Inb4 ESAM gauntlet instead of crew battles.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
You can hit the reply button multiple times bro.

Inb4 ESAM gauntlet instead of crew battles.
It was an edit. Also can you explain what a gauntlet would be? Is it us against a gauntlet of ESAMs or ESAM against a gauntlet of xXxRand0mPlay3r2001xXxs.

Player -0

Smash Hero
It was an edit. Also can you explain what a gauntlet would be? Is it us against a gauntlet of ESAMs or ESAM against a gauntlet of xXxRand0mPlay3r2001xXxs.
It's kind of like a crew battle but for team one there's only one player with all of the stocks vs. team two which has many different players sharing stocks.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, that was fun. .Even though this was my first Melee & Project M tournaments and lost in both of them, I actually feel like I have been getting better at competitions (I won for the first time even though it was in the loser brackets).

Got to see some cool people over there too.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
That was a great tournament! It was cool to see ESAM (and watch him get beat once by my friend -0), and I did better than the last tournament. It was quite lengthy though, and I am EXTREMELY worn out. Hope everyone else had a great time as well!

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Well, that was fun. .Even though this was my first Melee & Project M tournaments and lost in both of them, I actually feel like I have been getting better at competitions (I won for the first time even though it was in the loser brackets).

Got to see some cool people over there too.
My tears...:sadeyes:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Great tournament guys, it was super packed. I heard there were 45 entrants, daang.

I liked the set up a lot more, we had a nice clear middle so you get by much more easily and a much more spread out area. I think that if we could get a sign to see what's friendlies and what's tournament it would be pretty nice but that's just me being picky.

So I got ESAM early in bracket twice, see if I'm telling him about a tournament again :cry:. Overall got 13th in Doubles and 9th in Singles. I did fairly decent, got bopped my final game of P:M singles.

It was nice to see everyone, didn't learn anyone's names still. Hurr durr..... I probably won't be attending another Smash event until the summer because I have Track meets to do :l

Also.... Was that pizza free?
The important questions in life.

Edit: Also, where are the matches going to be that were recorded?

Last edited:
Top Bottom