• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maning up as Peach player!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What is this about?

I have been looking around these boards for about a week or so. And I have been seeing alot of people complaining when it comes to this character and her match ups. Going on about 1-2 moves and give insane ratios for it cause they can't deal with the move themselves. Or just Peach in general. And I for one have become annoyed with it all. Nothing is gonna change if you complain about your character. Nor will you get better with your character or a player in general. it is not gonna give you mystic powers that you can just make the match up your favor. So I decided to take my time and make this thread so you can better yourselfs as Peach players. Causes it's sad when characters below Peach hardly complain as much. or at all about their character or match ups.

Do you realize who you main?

Well do you? Do you really realize what kind of character you are maining? Peach is a character with lots of options. So she requies a high level of mindgames and mix ups. Thats the kind of character she really is. You can't go one doing the same thing over and over cause it is a good move. For example. Peach Dsmash in melee was a really good move. And cause of it, people would use it alot. But doing something alot, people will catch on. so they would scare the Peach player to side step or roll and then they would dsmash. Leaving themselves open to be punished. Ever heard of the saying "too much of a good thing is a bad thing"? That applies here. People seeing the same thing all the time, they will take a hint and just know what to do about it. Your strenght can be your own weakness.

So with that said, she is not a character you can just use her good quialities like that and think thats all it takes to win. You need to learn how to be creative and switch up. I don't care Is Fair has good range. i don't care if floating alot to air attacks is good. I don't care if jumping to turnips and then follow with a Fair is good. And guess what? Smart people that you play don't care ether. cause they see it all the time and ready to beat you cause they gone see it so many times.

If you don't have a creative mind with this character and seriously don't know when to switch it up, this character is not for you. And you won't get far. Only way you are even gonna get away with tis stuff is if your enemy does not know alot about Peach or how to handle what she does well with their character.

You main Peach? you justsigned the contract:

By deciding to main Peach, you have aggred and realized:

- How hard it will be to win
- Her flaws
- What it takes to win match ups (even thoses in my favor)
- How much I am gonna get my *** kicked
- The time and patience it takes to get good with her.
- All that will come with maining Peach

So with you maining Peach, you signed your name on the dotted line. So there is no need for you to complain about match-ups or your character. You were well away about all of this as soon as you decided to main Peach. Again, if you can't handle it, Peach is not for you, go play a better character than Peach and have fun with that.

Mentality:

Quit worry about the flaws of your character. That is not gonna help you. Your strengths help you win a match. Your weakness does not. You already know your flaws. So why go on about them all the time and have that run in your head. Protect your flaws with your strengths. Thats called "working with what you got" You have the tools that are given to you to win. Now it is up to YOU to figure out a way to use them well to win. If you here going on about Peach not killing well or the match up is too hard or we can't beat these players with these characters no matter how much we play them, you just threw away 50% of your chance of wining. Your opponent did not defeat you you. You defeated yourself. or in other cases, you helped your enemy beat you.

Your job is to protect those flaws that you have and win. Wether in a match up or in general. Going on and on about it seriously does nothing at all. except mess with your head. yet people don't noticed it much. But trust me, it does affect the brain and how you think/play with this game.

Learn about the character before going on about the player:

People tend to bring up these players and how they can't beat them when they play then so many times. So the match up must be bad or a nitemare. I don't think that you boys take into account the fact that they are smarter then you. Not in the match up, but in general. They have more mix ups, mindgames and obvervastion more than you. As players they are better then you. Not take it to a fact that they play a better character than you do. And to the fact that Peach does not have the advantage. A character does not make someone a pro. A Ganon player could be known as one of the best players in the world. But not because of his character. but how he is as a player in general.

So if one is smarter than you are and you tend to do the same thing and have no mindgames or mix up to a point you are not hard to read/bait, chances are, you are gonna lose over, and over, and over again. I been there. I have lose many types cause I played so typical and was easy to read. Even against people who are not better than I am. Thats how things work wether you wanna believe it or not dudes.

Here are questions to ask yourselves:

- Do I understand the meaning of the word "mindgame"?
- Do I really have mindgames?
- Are my mindgames good?
- Do I know how to switch up and be creative with this character
- Do I know how to think outside the box?
- Why am I winning?
- Why am I losing?
- Why did I just lose a stock?
- Why did he lose a stock?
- Why did I win?
- Why did I lose?
- Am I easy to read/ doing the same thing over and over?
- Am I really paying attention to what my opponent is doing?
- Does my opponent have habits? How can I abuse these habits with my character?
- Do I have any clue how to approach?
- Am I doing this right?
- Am I doing this wrong?
- Do I have habits?
- How can I fix these habits?
- Why do I have these habits?
- I dont have the habits I had before, why?
- How good am I really?

These are questions to ask yourselves after a match or on the way home from a tournament. And it is best to be honest. If you lie on these everytime you ask yourself these, you are not gonna get good.

Knowing your options with your character: what I can and can't get away with:

As I said before, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. but do you seriously realize this? Do you really know what you can and can't get away with. When fighting someone and you beat them or lose to them. It's best to kown why. Sometimes you might win a match up doing something, and think you can do the same thing fighting a better player in the same match up. so questions tend to come in:

- Did he let me get away with that?
- Is this really safe?
- is he smarter than I am to even try this even if it helps in the match up?

Yor own strength can be your own weakness. Thats why it is important to know what you can and can't get away with. Justcause you got away with something or something worked against one person, don't mean it will with the next. Always remember that. And this is how people tend to develop habits. Seriously sit down and think about this for a min. habits are formed this way.

Are you a man yet?

Have you realized what it takes and all that comes with this character? If you have, you are ready to play Peach. if not, this is seriously not for you. go pick up a better character and main them. cause if you are gonna complain about your character, it is not gonna help you or change anything. Thinking like that is not gonna help you win or improve as a player. Justgonna getyour *** kicked over and over. And usually getting beat alot is good, really against pros. But the difference here is, you won't learn or imrpove. You will remain at the same skilllevel. Your worst enemy is yourself. Match ups or players or even your own main (Peach) is stopping you from doing well in tournies or becoming a better player. it is all you.

You think Mike G was like this that made him the creater or Peach in melee back in his **** days? You think Armarda was on this crap when decided to beast with Peach in his country then came to America for the first time and ***** so many people? No, they had no time for that nonsense. Thinking like that did not make them who they are. Armarda did what no american Peach has done. and this was his first time in the USA playing americans. And he got second at a big tournament. He had a good shot at getting first too.

Metatitan

Smash Master
You've said this several times all over the boards, there was no need to make a new thread about it. But thank you for putting the time and energy at least :)!

Nicole

Smash Champion
You've said this several times all over the boards, there was no need to make a new thread about it. But thank you for putting the time and energy at least :)!
It's nice to be reminded of these things again, though.

Thanks for the post, Dark.Pch, I'm glad you took the time to write it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Let him have his little thread. T_T

The general discussion is huge, there's nothing wrong with him making a substantive OP to have it in one place. If you've seen it before, don't comment.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
There's nothing wrong with making new threads. They're often better when you want to get a point across. It's not like we're going to run out of room.

It is but it'd be nicer in the general thread where he's written it more times than I care to count.
You do realize how big that thread is, right? It'd get lost in a day if not less.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
He's explaining the truth, nothing wrong with that. I've noticed that if I happen to fall into ANY little habit against an opponent that matters, I won't win the match. I have to constantly be doing something to catch them off guard and always have a backup plan. Such is the level of consistency Peach requires from a player to win matches that matter, and it can get stressful at times.

goodkid

Smash Lord
This is a good thread. I guess you wrote this to deal w/ the many players such as me, saying that MK is a near impossible match-up. It isn't, but we can't lie and say that the match up is cake. Peach is a hard character to be good with. She has a lot of depth, good stats, but her downfall is the players because of the consistency KB mentioned.

Make a mindgaming thread or put one in your guide Dark. I think that if ALL Peaches knew how to mindgame & be unpredictable, then we could take this character further.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I can't really teach people mindgames. it's something you have to learn on your own. it's not some strat or something you do all the time in a certain situation. And I can't tell you how I think cause no one plays or thinks like I do. And I play weird to begin with.

So I really don't think there is anyway to explain this to you guys.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
I can't really teach people mindgames. it's something you have to learn on your own. it's not some strat or something you do all the time in a certain situation. And I can't tell you how I think cause no one plays or thinks like I do. And I play weird to begin with.

So I really don't think there is anyway to explain this to you guys.
yeah lol i agree with you.... mostly all mindgames are based on the way they play and how you react to it

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
saviorslegacy is in the same town as I, so I'll be able to practice the Sheik matchup...

Dunno if that's any worth since there's hardly any Sheiks.

Top Bottom