• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manifest Melbourne, Who is coming? (Possible smash competition)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
going to an anime convention for videogames still seems silly

luckily the convention itself is a mishmash of amateur cosplayers and self-proclaimed 'cultured' fma fans

on the other hand, if there is ghost nappa cosplay i will literally faint in joy

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
*This is something I posted on another website*

Hey all!

For anyone that is going to Manifest this year, Leisha and I will be holding a large scale Brawl tournament on the Saturday morning expecting to run for most of the day.

Although discussions are still being made with the people running Manifest, enough has been confirmed for me to post a basic ruleset and times etc.

This space will be updated when more details are confimed but for now I'll post this as a heads up for anyone interested in entering on the day.

MANIFEST SMASH BROS. BRAWL TOURNAMENT 27TH OF AUGUST

First of all, for any details on the Manifest festival (dates, times, location etc.) I will link those another time when I'm on my own computer (at work atm) but obviously it shouldn't be hard to aquire those details anyway.

We will be capping the number of entrants currently at 64 but if there's a high demand we will expand the cap depending on the situation.

FORMAT

FIRST ROUND

4 way free for alls
3 stock
Items turned to 'off' and 'none'
8 minute timer
Random stage
Top 2 will go through to 2nd round

With the number of entrants capped at 64, we will have 16 FFA matches with the top 2 of each making it into the 32 man bracket. The stage chosen will be random from the following list:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1

Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Ride
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Skyworld

SECOND ROUND

32 man bracket
Single Elimination
1 v 1
3 stock
8 minute timer
Items turned to 'off' and 'none'
Best of 3 with counterpicks

Basically the staple tournament rules except it will be single elimination instead of double. The top 32 entrants will be matched up against each other (as evenly as we can) to fight for the number 1 spot. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Format for Bracket matches

1. Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double-blind pick may be requested by either player (just ask me if you need to know anything about this)
2. A random stage is chosen out of the 5 stages on the stage list marked in red
3. If a player disagrees with the stage selected on random, they may strike that stage. Each player gets one strike per set
4. Once a stage is decided, a match is played
5. The winner of that match bans one stage from the stage list
6. The loser chooses any of the remaining stages to their liking
7. Characters can be changed at this point, the winner of the previous match chooses first
8. The second match is played
9. If the loser of the first match wins, repeat steps 5 to 7 for the third and final match, if the winner of the first match wins again, the set is over

TIMES

We are expecting to start sign ups at about 11:00am until 12:00pm. Each entrant will be numbered upon entry.
We are expecting the tournament to finish before 4:00pm. Other tournaments will be run alongside Smash (SFIV, Tekken, Blazblue for example) so we need to run efficiently to make room for the other games during and afterwards.

GENERAL RULES

1. Items set to "off" and ratio set to "none"
2. Stock and Time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes respectively
3. If time runs out and both players have the same amount of stocks, the winner is determined by sudden death
4. All bracket sets with the exception of grand-final and semi-finals are best of 3 matches (best of 5 should be played for finals matches)
5. Stalling is banned. Stalling involves any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent is not considered stalling
6. Metaknight's extended Dimensional Cape glitch is banned
7. Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match offender
8. Any stage is selectable at any time if BOTH players agree. This means if both players wish to skip the stage striking procedure and play on a stage not listed in the stage list, they may. Don't expect many serious players to go along with this, however
9. No player can counter-pick a stage that he or she has previously won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players
10. If you require more time for your tournament match (clashing with other tournaments or personal reasons) please let the tournament organizers know (Jei, Leisha or Adrian). Do not expect to always be allocated additional time, however
11. Bringing your own controller is optional. Keep in mind that you are completely responsible for your own belongings so always keep an eye on them
12. If you have different controller configurations, please check before your match starts. If a match needs to be restarted due to controller settings, it must be agreed upon by both players

MANIFEST BRAWL DOUBLES TOURNAMENT SUNDAY 28TH OF AUGUST

On Sunday we are looking to hold a 2 v 2 tournament for anyone interested in attending. Doubles will be a double elimination bracket with the same set of rules as a singles tournament except for a few extra rules (see below). So if you are keen, find a partner and enter! (Doubles is heaps more fun than Singles)

Additional rules for Doubles play

1. Team attack is on
2. Sharing stocks allowed
3. Certain characters may be requested to be assigned to a specific team colour in order to prevent any confusion. For instance, Lucario or Sonic may be requested to be assigned the blue team

--JaVa--

Also if there are any unanswered questions ask away or PM me.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Who from here is actually attending?
I want to know so I can predetermine the FFA matches so none of us are in the same matches until bracket.
Atm I have tibs, Earl, myself and Leisha. Dean said he's coming but not playing smash? That's it as far as I know. A few on the maybe list but no confirmation yet.

Also who will be entering Doubles on Sunday? I need a partner lol.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Entry cost to manifest covers all game tournament entries. So yeah, it's free.

So youre not coming splice?

:phone:

tibs7

Smash Champion
Do we purchase tickets online or at the door?
And just to fully clear it up we are turning up and registering for the comp or are we registering online?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i aint coming
but i give permission for the tournament to go ahead anyway (in my honour)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Thanks Dekar that means a lot.
Tibz, purchasing tickets online has passed, you will need to line up at the door. Tournament registration is on the day.

Splice

Smash Hero
dont think Redact is coming.

I may be coming to Manifest but I have a dilemma
I think Redact is having a smash meet at his house saturday night
which i would rather go to

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Redact must have come down with a serious case of b itchitis.

I wouldn't go to Redact's you might catch aforementioned disease.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I dont think he'll be going either. Well regardless, we'll have plenty of spare tvs so ill bring a melee setup aswell. hopefully the tournaments run okay lol

Splice

Smash Hero
Whaddya mean Ciaza? Redacts a boss
And his meet will be too awesome to forsake

I dont really mind if theres Melee at Manifest. I'm just going coz w/e and i might see u guys i guess.
Yeh, i think i will enter the Brawl tournament

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think brawl is starting at 10:30 am, but im going to try and extend the time till 11:30 since people might be still stuck at the door buying tickets.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
so whos the cool bean in charge of brawl?

any captain currently running 64?

and how many setups are we looking at?

I'll bring 2.5setups

wii with virtual console/melee
1 n64 controller adapter for wii
1 gamecube controller adapter for n64
3 horipad minis/2 standard n64 controllers for those without one.
1 ntsc n64
1 pal n64(using cd 64)
1 tv
1 projector

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if nobody else will ill run the competitive side of 64

im thinking a competitive mini-tourney and a casual teams/FFA tourney with some sort of small prize and a token entrance fee (like $2, james, could you scrounge up something as a prize?)

i haven't read any guidelines about running anything, so if this oversteps any boundaries then bleh

Robsta

Smash Ace
I'm currently bringing a 64, a copy of melee, a 64 controller, a gamecube controller and my fists for aa.

Anything else?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Uhh sorry to bust ppls bubbles but this isnt a bring your stuff on the day and set up. If someone can bring one copy of smash 64 I can set it up but we can't allow any more consoles sry. If you wanted a tournament you needed to register as a volunteer ages ago abd your stuff needed to be here yesterday for testing.

Sorry guys

Dekar289

Smash Hero
> jei organizes brawl event at manifest
> 64 people assume they can run a 64 tournament and start organizing
tards

asianaussie

Smash Hero
nostalgia is a strong draw

and if all else fails we'll just wander the grounds

might plan it out better next year, if mario kart 64 gets a tourney smash should have no problem

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
1.Earl
2.Splice
3.Jei
4.Leisha
5.Shane (Bijou)
5.Bjay
5.Ryan
5.Atlas (dropped out)

Single elimination

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I went Ganon on Pirate Ship Corneria before disappearing. Otherwise it would've basically been a $35 Smash tournament for me.

Splice

Smash Hero
the prize was insultingly bad gamecube controller. i use the word controller loosely here. :p

some amazing gaw players and a legit metaknight were discovered. i hope to see them again, as well as the other people who have been to only 1 or 2 couchwarriors, i hope they may come to more events now and have a good time and make things exciting :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Shout out to Alfred/AsianAussie for making my weekend great, and tiring.

Ferrying me everywhere was very kind of you and I hope I may return the favour some day, maybe with an epic meet or something :)

Absolute Pro.

Kirby 64 minigames da bess

Top Bottom