• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

L__

Smash Master
Just letting you know, age doesn't mean much in Smash..

-stares at mang0-

-stares at mootooking-

JPOBS

Smash Hero
What L said xD!

Yo Mango what would you say is the right thing to do out of a d throw? I usually dash dance to a d air, but people have told me d smash or n air/b air is more effective. I mean, if they tech way out, it's obvious to SHL them, but it's a habit of mine to immediately dash dance out of d throw.

And, assuming that I'd like to aspire as a Falco main, what is my best 2ndary choice in your opinion? I have a good doc, but I'd prefer my Falco over him and wanted to know if doc is a safe bet in CPing.
no one really techs in place vs the dthrow cuz they know that a dsmash is coming

which means everyone pretty much techs either left or right so i like to read one and dair that spot and it works a ot of the time and if it doesnt then you're on the opposite side of the stage than them so laser laser pew pew

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
If they tech far away a spam laser, yeah. But is it not good for me to dd out of d throw? My friend always asks why I dd right out of it. And if they tech and they're close I'll d air or n air them. But thx, I won't go for teh d smash.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dunno, i think its sometimes worth it to go for dthrow.

espectially on platforms it makes tech chases really easy, or in the middle of the stage where f/b throw wont get em off, or when they are at low percents.

dthrow has its uses at times i wouldnt say completely forget it if they arent IC

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'd like to know more about what throws to use. Seems wierd that after 7+ years Falco mains still don't know what to do when they grab...Or I should say, they can't agree. I go through phases of using up and forward and down sometimes.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
...what is a double hop double laser?

Edit: Oh ok, thanks Mogwai. Isn't that kinda dangerous though? If anyone gets under the lasers and even nicks you that could easily be a stock loss.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
uthrow everyone, then jump at them with an aerial and hope for the best.

every Falco has used full hop triple laser at some point in their life. immediate double jump double laser is typically better and so is Full Hop fast fall double laser, but triple laser has it's places (capping someone twice at the peak of it, usually during recovery).

yellowroy

Smash Ace
uthrow everyone, then jump at them with an aerial and hope for the best.

every Falco has used full hop triple laser at some point in their life. immediate double jump double laser is typically better and so is Full Hop fast fall double laser, but triple laser has it's places (capping someone twice at the peak of it, usually during recovery).
K so there isn't a character that it's bad on? I usually just Uthrow to Dair Nair or Bair,

and thanks about the laser tips.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
throw people towards the nearest edge if youre close to one though

i only use dthrow to piss off foxes who arent good at dealing with it

and i dthrow up smash jigglypuffs sometimes cause nobody really knows where to DI for it and if they dont get out of it correctly it works at pretty much any %, even kills them

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ya falcos generally have lots of differing opinions on throws.

my person rule of thumb is, throw to the nearest ledge if possible, if not, i prefer dthrow over upthrow cuz they both rely on you hoping for the best but atleast with dthrow their only options are tech but with upthrow they can do pretty much anything,

and upthrow vs anyone who doesnt fastfall is just stupid

JPOBS

Smash Hero
doesnt falco's lasers reset your opponent even on grabs, thereby letting you opponent do anything immidiately after an upthrow?

how are you not getting hit out of jump or rising aerial? especially vs marth. i fear upthrow > aerial like the plague becuz of his sword lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
spacing baby, they all have slow dairs, so you just get under em and uair.

a lot of people instictively DI as well, which means that the lasers miss them and all the sudden, you have Fox's uthrow instead of one that only pseudo combos :p.

bthrow -> ftilt is the best vs. Fast Fallers. you can also fsmash to be ballsy, but bthrow -> ftilt connects 95% of the time whereas fsmash is just hoping your opponent is ******** and jumps into it/doesn't shield if they're on the ground.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
spacing baby, they all have slow dairs, so you just get under em and uair.

a lot of people instictively DI as well, which means that the lasers miss them and all the sudden, you have Fox's uthrow instead of one that only pseudo combos :p.
WHAT? o_O
You mean they actually have more stun if they don't get hit by the lazors? :O

JPOBS

Smash Hero
wait....falco's upthrow is like foxs when they di? i didnt know that, thats extremely interesting, makes sense though.

and bthrow to ftilt sounds nifty.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
DI falco uthrow to not get hit by lasers = you only take like 3% of damage from the actual throw itself but you also get hit by an aerial guaranteed. this is kind of like foxs uthrow

DI falco uthrow straight into the lasers = you get hit for like 7% but the lasers actually not only push you out of stun but push you in a really awkward and difficult to hit position for falco.

uthrow is fun but i also like fthrow alot. bthrow on jiggs at high percents is the truth if you dont abuse it lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i cant imagine many situations where a puff would come close enough to your shiled to get hit by a oos shine.

i also cant imagine anything useful following up.

PKSTkimo

Smash Cadet
hey I got this problem :/...
you'll see I think I'm very good falco, among best in my community, and I have no real problem with any matchups.. But when I have a match against another falco is like 80% chances of me loosing :/.. In other words: I REALLY REALLY SUCK AT FALCO DITTOS!!! I've got ***** by almost any falco..! Help plz!! :/

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
wait....falco's upthrow is like foxs when they di? i didnt know that, thats extremely interesting, makes sense though.

and bthrow to ftilt sounds nifty.
lol you can even cg if you're good enough and if they keep DI'ing out of the lasers. I was doing it to my friend's low % Fox during friendlies and he freaked out rofl

Oracle

Smash Master
On fox up throw can lead to f smash if they don't DI right (the lazers make them fall straight in front of fox)
it's hard to predict but if you can it's sexy as hell

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i'm pretty sure any character can jump out of uthrow before you can hit them, and fox can shine.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i just think you misunderstood what he said...

a lot of people instictively DI as well, which means that the lasers miss them and all the sudden, you have Fox's uthrow instead of one that only pseudo combos.
i think as long as you don't DI down and go all away you will break free, but you might get hit if you go down DI too.

bboyamir

Smash Rookie
How about those double shines w/ falco (or fox, but fox is ****ing hard). i've searched mad threads for the best controller input for double/triple shines, and most ppl say b y b. 2 questions:

1. do you just slide your thumb across y and b, or tap them both quickly? maybe you need a fat thumb, so you can have one end on y, on end on b, and just sort of roll it?

2. does anyone use the joystick on this? i've actually found that sliding my finger from y to b doesn't work as consistently for me as smashing the joystick up and right back down for a shine. the only problem is i really have to pre-meditate them if i wanna use the joystick (get my thumb ready to oscillate) , but sliding from y to b i can do more spontaneously, as a reaction. is the preference unanimous for b y b y b y b y ????

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm i need help going about the marth matchup... what are some good ways to approach him while maintaining a check for counter? should i just space lasers and be patient for his reaction? or wait for shield and then approach him?

for some reason im always scared of counter or random fsmash/ftilt

how can i get over that fear and find a good approach

Top Bottom