• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mango Match-Up Thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
For all of you that haven't read my previous thread, please do so now for this will make more sense once you do.

Last time I gave you all several good reasons to ban Mango from tournaments, nevertheless, mango is still wreaking havoc wherever he pleases. Lucky for you guys, I have found a couple of ways to make the match-up 55:45 in mango's favor, which is substantially better than the usual 80:20.

But before we get to the technical part you guys have to understand your opponent, get in his head in order to make your freestyles work. (More on freestyle later)

Mango wakes up every day. Which means that there isn't a day in which mango doesn't lose consciousness for a prolonged amount of time. This includes daydreaming and suddenly snapping back into reality.

Also, before each tournament mango has the habit of enjoying a medium size bowl of Jiggly-PUFFs, (which is a cereal franchise that he was able to fund with his tournament winnings) but this just seems to be more a ritual rather than a winning technique. Still, it is nice to be informed.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand; as was mentioned in my previous thread, mango can tech virtually anything. This is due to him bending the physics and rules of the game to his advantage. However, as a result of my extended research and several interviews with my sources, I have found out the following: it seems mango has gotten a speeding ticket in the past, which means that he cannot tech the law, or, in another case, the court system. You may only mindgame the court system as it was shown by OJ Simpson, but it seems that mango is somewhat unaware of this, so he naturally only tries to keep teching. Mango suffered a terrible defeat at the hand of the court and had to pay a fine of about $116, which amounts to just about 2-3 hours of money matching.

To the oblivious audience this might not mean much, but in a few moments this could mean the difference between a win and a loss. Basically, you have to make sure to have your lawyer next to you whenever you face mango, your lawyer must know every aspect of Melee in order to represent you, DO NOT forget that. But that is not all. The same sources have confirmed that mango knows what you are going to do approximately 2.47 seconds before you do it, which means that in order to further expand your chances of winning you must be unreadable. How can this be done you ask, well I've have come to the following conclusion after running several simulations.

"Freestyling"

Now that we have created a solid mindgame set up for mango to crack down, its time to move on to freestyling. Freestyling is usually based upon the idea of various movements performed on the streets that follow up a certain beat where its primary objective is to "burn" your opponent. Now, if you get to do this at the beginning of the match there might be a sudden drop on your winning favor to somewhere around 99:1, this is due to the fact that you might be focusing most of your brain cells on the dance itself rather than the actual match which would only come to mango winning due to the fact that your character will not really be doing anything coherent and you might also get tangled up with the wire of your controller and overall end up pulling the Wii/GameCube down.

So instead of that kind of freestyling, we are going to focus on you making your character do random but acceptable moves at random times without a real pattern. For this particular technique I strongly suggest you use a character such as Pichu, which would definetly add to the mindgame. But why pichu? Well, further reasearch showed that, since pichu is highly unused, his moveset appears to be quite foggy among top players.

"But Impersonator, wouldn't me picking pichu and doing random pokes and only doing bs combos every now and then make me lose?"

Yes, yes it would. BUT even further research showed that some pros have the tendency of not liking to be mocked. In this case you are not mocking mango but it sure gives the impression that you are, therefore you have the very slight chance of him rage quitting, if he doesn't; yeah... at least you tried.

But in the event that mango is just not able to make sense out of the situation and you ending up winning he will be sent to losers brackets. At this point you must remember that mango is notorious for his adapting skills, so once you face him again in grand finals (if you make it that far) add a little spice to your current setup. This is due to him most likely strolling through losers brackets and meeting you again later on, also he now knows what to expect from you. What you should do then will be completely up to you, for I have seen my mango simulator adapt to these changes at the exact rate of 69% of the time even after 9001 runs.

Thank you for your time.

Yours Truly,

~Impersonator.

PS: For those of you that insist on using alcohol as a counterpick, yea... you guys are obviously neglecting the fact that Mango has mastered the Zui Quan technique.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey not me that is really mango, careful you can't say pichu with anything good/hopeful otherwise you could be banned, because they would think your me.

But the pichu thing is somewhat legit he forces to be random, read minds, and master mindgames. However playing as him to throw people off? No, I disagree playing off of people not knowing is dumb.

pichu= mindgames

ICG is going to mindgame MaNg0 out of the tournament in first round of pools at Genesis 2.

I'm calling it!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Of course. ICG will make Mang0 Pichu ditto him. And that shall be our beloved fruit's downfall for the ditto is only known by ICG for only he has taken Pichu to such an elite level.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
inb4 lock even though it's an epic post

also, mango's mad cute

just me?

Also, what Pink Reaper said. "Mango drank today and didn't make it out of pools." -HugS, at Nice Shot Hugo

n1000

Smash Journeyman
inb4 some lame mod whines at us for acknowledging that people drink.

PS: Mango is going to learn drunken boxing and apply his wisdom to smash. NO WEAK

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Of course. ICG will make Mang0 Pichu ditto him. And that shall be our beloved fruit's downfall for the ditto is only known by ICG for only he has taken Pichu to such an elite level.
You truely have no idea, you really don't. And yes I would make him pichu ditto me.

But I would think if you counter pick him drunk while singing with a lawyer is your best bet Also ban dreamland64. Ohhh and throw a turtle at him to keep him geussing. You may beat him.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to see a Pichu only tournament with Mango, KDJ, Axe and ICG?

I do.

Laem

Smash Champion
you guys are doing it all wrong. all it takes is the true spirit of the warrior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom