• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man it's quiet in here

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Nobody really posts in any character specific boards anymore under melee. Occasionally I see some fox and falco posts and stuff but never really any low tier character boards anymore like ness :(
that's because people gave up trying to recreate the super YYG.

ness players couldnt settle for the good ol yyg.

50 foot grab of justice!!! I need to brush up on my ness for low tiers again. It wouldnt be so bad if he didnt get countered by Yoshi's Story. XD

__

And actually, the link boards are pretty active.

chckn

Smash Ace
wow, I probably didnt pick the best time to start playing doc. Really didn't think the melee boards were this dead :[

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
What's up Docs?

*runs*
YOU GET THE **** OUT OF HERE WITH THAT STUPID *** DOG WITH THOSE ******** *** HITBOXES.

YOU'RE MORE BROKE TIER THAN THESE *****ES

... ok kohaku isnt exactly broke tier... she's actually fairly bad for that game.

BUT **** THAT DUMB *** DOG ANYWAY.

Roman.

Smash Champion
Quantity would be nice too though -.- plus a lot of quality players are gone but hopefully coming back. I have two large melee tourneys in my area coming up so that's nice.

edit: anyone have any suggestions on approaching a falcon properly? or just avoid approaching him all in all?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Quantity would be nice too though -.- plus a lot of quality players are gone but hopefully coming back. I have two large melee tourneys in my area coming up so that's nice.

edit: anyone have any suggestions on approaching a falcon properly? or just avoid approaching him all in all?
my advice is dont.

From what i've seen, any captain falcon that knows how to fight a doc completely counters a doc. Everything you can throw at him gets beat by n.air.

Your only hope really is to grab him, but a good capfal is not going to lock himself in his shield for any reason you can throw at him. He can either 1) move away from you, or 2) n.air your pills.

Now, somebody else is going to come in here and tell you otherwise, because from what i can tell, im the only person who apparently has to put up with these kinds of capfals (how i dont know), but that's my opinion on the matchup.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
sounds like camping the edge and setting up for a gimp is the best option
sure, if you like giving capfal a stationary target.

all he'll have to do is stand spaced out and shffl nairs over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, until you move.

IMO your only option is really to run and tag him properly as he comes in.

You can slide a grab in if he hangs out something ridiculous (u.smash/d.smash), spaces something ridiculously bad, or constantly trys to f.air approach.

I will say this now (and im going to laugh when capfals read this, cause this is all it really takes). If capfal is approaching you with f.air, he's giving you a chance in this matchup. If he's approaching with n.air, run.

Top Bottom