• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
A PILE OF PUTTY THAT MIRRORS YOUR EVERY MOVE; DITTO OOZES INTO THE BRAWL, WITH HIS MANY TRANSFORMATIONS!

ε(( CHARACTER))ε

Ditto is among the simplest of Pokemon; it learns one attack and one attack only, Transform. This allows it to form an imperfect imitation of its foe, becoming them, but keeping its same old stats.

How does this translate into the world of Smash? Well, Ditto starts every battle and every stock as itself, but it has a sadly limited moveset, and poor stats. At the tap of the B button, though, it'll quickly Transform into a random foe. This is an imperfect copy; a few things in each character's moveset are changed, be it attacks or stats. It respawns as itself, but you can hold B as you respawn to transform without leaving a vulnerable opening.

ε(( OVERVIEW))ε

ANIMATIONS​

Idle Stance --- Ditto jiggles up and down a bit, smiling eagerly. Once in a while, it stretches up and plops back down.

Walk --- Ditto squirms forward, not really changing its stance too much as he goes.

Run --- Ditto roils as it tosses itself forward, trailing its own viscous body as it goes. A pretty slow run, as it may sound. Not the absolute worst, but pretty bad.

Crouch --- Ditto compresses itself, flattening like a pancake. This is as low as they get; Ditto's crouch is one of its few advantages before it transforms.

Dizzy --- Lurching back and forth, bubbling slightly, Ditto looks like it's in bad shape.

Sleep --- Slumps onto the ground in a miserable pile.

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~-​

STATS​

Height --- When Idling, Ditto is about as tall as Pikachu, but very jiggly, going both higher and lower at times.

Weight --- Eeesh. Ditto's all goop and air. Un-Transformed, he's very light, about equal to Game and Watch.

Jumps --- Ditto's jumps are both essentially gooey bounces. Neither are impressive, although the first one is a bit above average, so that's something.

Power --- By default, Ditto is a really weak fighter. Usually, in order to scrape a KO if you're trying to go pure Ditto, you'll have to Transform.

Attack Speed --- In general, Ditto's attacks are fairly speedy to come out, and quite unpredictable. Decent enough.

Traction --- All that goo makes Ditto incredibly sticky. It very rarely trips, and can turn from its slow but frenzied run on a dime.

Fall Speed --- Ditto's actually quite a slow faller, although not noticeably so.

Range --- Nothing really special in this department. Ditto can extend parts of its body to attack, but typically not too far, and it has no projectile.

ε(( MOVESET))ε

STANDARD ATTACKS​

AAAA --- Plasma Steps --- Each tap of A does the same thing, here. Ditto allows its own body to flow underground and bubble up before it. Each tap causes a new bubble/protrusion of goo to emerge from the ground, going progressively further before it.

Notes --- This can only be used when you're standing on solid ground; if used on a platform, it won't work. Each bubble causes tripping and 2%, which conveniently pushes the foe back onto the next step in the line. The first hit has slight lag, but the three after it, if you use them, come out quick enough that the foe won't have time to get out of there and WILL be hit by all of them. This is NOT a disjointed hitbox, so beware; if the foe smacks a bubble, Ditto will be sent flying oddly.

Uses --- Hoo, boy. This shockingly decent attack is, if timed, a great way of stacking the damage. If you stop tapping after the second hit or so, the foe might just be caught by a surprise tilt or dash attack, if they're not vigilant. You might want to linger as Ditto for the first part of battle if the foe is weak at racking up damage, as Ditto is quite decent at it.

Dash Attack --- Parachute Crumple --- Ditto fans out as though it were a parachute let out horizontally. If it makes contact with a foe as it goes, they'll be absorbed into Ditto, who drops and can mash A for damage or tilt forward or back to throw 'em.

Notes --- So Ditto goes into its parachute form pretty quickly out of its dash, and soars forward, losing speed, for about half a Battlefield platform. It has slow priority, but its whole body is a hitbox that slurps the foe up, causing Ditto to bounce forward in a tightly curled ball with the foe contained inside. This is a quasi-grab, where you mash A to deal 1% per hit, they mash A to get free, and you tilt forward or back for them to be catapulted out of Ditto a short ways and take 5%.

Uses --- This isn't usually the best move, despite its decent speed and surprising properties, as it's too easily predicted and outprioritized. There is one most excellent trick with this: if used when the foe is backing a ledge, Ditto should bounce right off of it and take the foe down in a Dittocide. Gotta love 'cides.

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~-​

TILTS​

Forward Tilt --- Primordial Burst --- Two taps, optionally. The first causes Ditto to extend a thick pink feeler a short ways ahead. The second, if you use it, causes the feeler to burst in a small bang.

Notes --- The first attack takes a bit of time to come out, as Ditto braces itself and moves forward, using momentum. It does a mere 3% and has a strange effect that actually pulls the foe in instead of away. The second hit can come out instantly after that, and is rather small a hitbox, but quite potent, doing 8% with okay knockback. Attempting to use a Forward Smash will result in this.

Uses --- This two-hit combo is great for stopping close approachs and for when you need a bit of breathing room. Don't expect to be racking up many KO's with this, though; for that, you'll have to transform.

Up Tilt --- Bounce --- Ditto ducks down low, its center going way down low. It then pops up a short way off the ground, compact and sphere-shaped. This can lead directly into your second jump, optionally.

Notes --- This one has almost a second's start-up. Ditto pulls foes with it on the way up and then knocks them away with a sex kick-style attack, dealing 7% and solid knockback that can't really KO. Obviously, since the hitbox is on Ditto's compact body, this can be easily out-prioritized.

Uses --- This attack has a characteristic start-up, and is quite predictable, but on the other hand, at low %s, it's really simple to follow this up with your Aerial. On the whole, you can use this to mix it up and not much else, as it can potentially be confused with Ditto's usual jiggling if you don't overuse it.

Down Tilt --- Imprint --- Ditto moves back slightly, leaving a small pink spot on the ground, which glows occasionally and has tiny tendrils reaching out of it.

Notes --- This has more lag than it sounds, taking about a second to pull off. The area remains in place for about fifteen seconds before fading. It does nothing if anyone goes over it; however, if Ditto uses Transform while the spot is on the stage, Ditto will apparently vanish, and the spot, which contains much of his body, will be transform instead, effectively teleporting Ditto while it transforms.

Uses --- This is the most vital tactic in Ditto's arsenal, as it pretty much allows it to move to any part of the stage at the tap of the B button. It allows it to use Transform as a recovery or as a way of placing itself; against a projectile user, you may want to lay the Imprint somewhere and then lure the foe to the other side of the stage, so you can start right off the bat at a favourable position. Mastering the Imprint's placing is absolutely crucial to Ditto's game.

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~-​

AERIALS

Neutral Aerial --- Spatterstorm --- Ditto bursts into many smaller particles and briefly hovers in mid-air before reassembling.

Notes --- This comes out almost instantaneously, but it's a brief hitbox as it splits, that does about 9% and decent knockback depending on the angle of the hit. Ditto hovers like this, then, for about a second during which a hit on any single droplet will cause it to reassemble and take the hit. Surprisingly priority.

Uses --- This is Ditto's lone aerial, and it's kind of decent. Use this mostly for psyching out the foe when you're sure they won't airdodge the hit and immediately punish you afterward.

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~-​

SPECIALS

Neutral Special --- Transform --- Unlike Zelda, Ditto doesn't glow as it transforms. It is molded, as if by an invisible hand, into a pink replica of a random foe.

Notes --- This process takes just under a second, so it's quite speedy. The ending is rather lagless, so you can pull off an attack as soon as you become them. Obviously, if you have an Imprint, Ditto's main body will simply appear to vanish, sort of dissolving into the air, and the small puddle of tendrilly goo will rise up and become a copy of the character instead.

To recall, though, Ditto's copies are imperfect and vary from the original in stats and a few attacks here and there: transformations in "Super Smash Bros: Make Your Move 4" are listed below.

Uses --- This is, obviously, the attack that makes Ditto Ditto. You're usually going to want to use this at the very beginning of the battle, unless the foe's character is waaay underpowered. You're probably gonna want to hold B at the start of every stock, too, to get a quick early transformation. The question, rather, is when to stay as Ditto. I'd suggest it only against weak foes or characters with very noticeable problems racking damage.

Used with Imprint, this is even better, as it can save you from the very brink of death, teleporting Ditto across the whole stage if need be. This can also be used as an ambush, to pop up right behind an edgeguarding foe or what-have-you.

ε(( TRANSFORM))ε

Mario Ditto--- Ditto as Mario loses out, primarily. Its jumping power is about three quarters that of Mario, making it a lot less mobile in the air. What's more, its cape is pink and flabbier, coming out quite a bit slower. On the other side of the spectrum, its forward air - the punch-spike - is quite a bit larger than its original user's, as the fist swells to about twice the size. This makes it a lot easier to spike in general, although it's tricky enough to spike an enemy Mario.

Guntz Ditto --- When he copies Guntz, Ditto primarily loses firepower. Just about all of his guns and other weapons are gooey extensions of his own body, rather than actual weapons, so their knockback is cut almost in half and their damage is reduced slightly as well. The Up Smash is changed completely, but for the better: rather than drawing a flamethrower, Ditto simply turns and breathes a column of flame straight up. This reaches about a Dedede above him and hits with multiple hit for a second and a half, doing up to 18%. Guess he still has the stomach of a Bowser. In general, though, Guntz Ditto is far worse than the original.

Doggy Ditto --- Now is the best chance to point out that when Ditto becomes a multi-character, he can't switch or anything; he's stuck as that one. Now, his stats remain more or less the same, but several attacks change. Down Tilt becomes a rather generic crouching chomp at the ankles; it comes out quickly, has a 50/50 chance of tripping, and does 7%. Up Smash has it flipping onto its head, balancing, and then giving three upwards kicks, each dealing 4%, with the final one having okay knockback. Its Up Air is a simple bark that does good upwards knockback and has a disjointed hitbox, doing 6%. If the foe is just out of reach of the actual hit, they'll go into freefall instead of being knocked away. They have to be right there, though, for this to work. And Down B does absolutely nothing, I'm afraid. Doggy Ditto is quite decent and in some ways, better than the original.

Bear Ditto --- Ditto as Bear is a bit lighter - about a 7.5 instead of a 9.5. His Down Tilt is different, and has him whipping his tongue all the way around him in a speedy spin that does 5% but really stands out in a slow character's arsenal. His Down B, unlike Doggy's, is replaced by him swelling up slightly, which makes him slower, and ever so slightly heavier until he loses his stock. This can be used three times, making him more and more extreme each time. On the fourth time, he releases his pent-up flatulence in a Wario-style fart, losing his stockpiled weight. Each swell takes about a second, so it's not too easy to find the openings to get all the way, but quite worth it. Ditto as Bear plays very differently indeed.

Dimentio Ditto --- This one varies from the original in one crucial way: the Boom Box. Ditto's is quite different, due to it not having a mastery over Dimension D. It moves quite a bit quicker than Dimentio's does, for starters. However, it's solid right off the bat, and can't enclose a foe or Ditto itself. This box, though, lingers for ten seconds, before blowing up automatically, doing 15% and good knockback to anyone. This makes its uses very different; it hangs in the air for much longer, making it a fantastic way to recover, and is more like a time bomb than a grenade. This is the only change, but it has a profound impact on the Ditto/Dimentio match-up.

Kiba Ditto --- As Kiba, Ditto keeps the same stats, but loses Akamaru as a helper, changing his moveset considerably. His Up B has him going all mushy and amorphous and suddenly spinning rapidly, like Meta Knight, except more mobile. If a foe is caught in this, they get pulled along with you - it's impossible to escape - and take a total of 10%. His Side B becomes a grab-lunge; if he catches the foe, mash A to claw them for 3% each, or toss them forward or back for 8% and 10% respectively. B has Kiba sniff the air and heighten his sense for five seconds, taking one second to execute. This causes him to move extremely fast and hit extra hard, while also making him much heavier; it's like he's moving in fast motion.

Puppetmon Ditto --- Ditto as Puppetmon loses a lot of its original jumping power. Its hammer isn't, of course, a real hammer, so it lacks some of the punch, too. The B Down is completely different, though; it causes Puppetmon Ditto to break apart into a bunch of separate pieces, and fall to the ground, which happens almost instantly and can be used in the air or on the ground. While in this state, Ditto is more or less immune to hits, with only his head taking damage or knockback, and it's small enough to make it hard to nail. Pressing Down B again will cause all the pieces to fly back together. Puppetmon Ditto is very different from the original, having to work that Down B into its game completely to atone for the loss of stats.

Hoss Ditto --- Ditto's robo-hand is not nearly as heavy as Hoss's, so its speed is about twice his, really. As an exchange, its attacks are all weaker and do less damage, making Hoss Ditto an all-arounder rather than a heavyweight powerhouse. Its Up Smash is Ditto raising its arm and having it turn into a lightning rod, raise it slowly, and allow a bolt of lightning to shoot down from above, doing 6% and multiple hits to anyone it hits, knocking them out the side. Like a slower, weaker version of Pika's. Its Neutral A combo has it stick out its leg and then activate it on the second hit, for 8% and some good knockback. Hoss Ditto is a force to be reckoned with, quite a bit better than the original.

Breloom Ditto --- Ditto's quite experienced at copying Pokemon. All the attacks here are the exact same - only stats are different. Ditto's moves have less knockback, albeit not by too much, but its fall speed is also a lot slower, and its traction is quite improved. Breloom Ditto is therefore much more controllable and air-based than Breloom, but not as threatening.

...And so it goes, on and on, for every single moveset in the contest. That was me counting on there being next to no entries in the latter half. Yeah, right.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Don't steal Dittos thunder, I beg you!

I'd like to see what you have of this unfinished finished set. King of Magikarps!

EDIT: o_O, now thats what I didn't expect! And it also appears i'm 2 slo at typing as well.

My Joke set was obviously better tho ^_^

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Don't steal Dittos thunder, I beg you!

I'd like to see what you have of this unfinished finished set. King of Magikarps!

I haven't. :bee:

Sorry for snatching it from you, filipino, frogman's just kinda reminded me of this. Go ahead and ask for a countdown til the next page, if you want.

This was my final project because Ditto (as some xaters may know) is my favourite Pokemon, and was my first choice for Brawl with a mechanic along these lines. In fact, if you just simplified it a tad, I think something like this could really be implemented into Brawl, and be pretty dang awesome, to boot.

Baloo

Smash Ace
LOL, he didn't steal Ditto's thunder. Your Ditto's maybe...

Nice. The transform thing is cool. Yeah. Not much else to say.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
FARFETCH'D??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I stopped FARFETCH'D from being posted???

Waaaaaaah...

And thanks, guys. I think some of the attacks are kinda interesting, considering what I had to work with.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Farfetch'd is a awesome pokemon, period.

And the set was a nice read, K.rool, but i'd advise people to look at the previous page, a more AWESOME Ditto set is there, SV material for sure!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The alterations on Ditto's moves when he transformed intruiged me. Why not copypasta the thing for the whole cast? Why are you only giving us a small sample? Or was that all you made?

In any case, I'm making a character that revolves around transforming (Envy), but I'm going to severely limit his ability to directly fight as another character. Still, he'll be able to mimic some of his foe's moves. . .Think Dancingfrogman's Smeargol, but still a serious entry.

Is it Leon, Filipino?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Did I influence that move idea, probably just a corincidence, but i'll say that Smeargle, a joke set, actually gave an inspiration to something, even if that's not the case, i'm sticking to it, just to be a git.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I never read Smeargle. I usually skip over joke movesets, unless they've obviously got plenty of effort in them, like Cat Clancer. Ditto kinda influenced me, though, I guess, since it reminded me of this thing and all. There you go, frogman.

And yeah, what you see is all I did, Warlord. Imagine the effect if I had about 400 of those, one of every single MYM 4 character, and posted it on the very last day as a testament and reminder to all we've done... that was the dream. Not gonna happen, though, they're boring as sin to write. As well as forcing me to read every single moveset in the contest.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Did I influence that move idea, probably just a corincidence, but i'll say that Smeargle, a joke set, actually gave an inspiration to something, even if that's not the case, i'm sticking to it, just to be a git.
Well, I was trying to think of a way to have him transform without him just being able to become any character without penalties.

But yes, a Sketch rip off is planned for ONE button input. And no, it doesn't simply copy the enemy's neutral special. . .It copies whatever they're currently using. So that means that-No wait I'm just giving a preview.

In any case, I've been wanting to do a moveset like this since seeing Smeargol. That thing is so simple yet so brilliant, even if it is a joke moveset.

@K. Rool: You don't have to read them all, just make pictures. For ones you don't feel like reading, just say Ditto is weaker and faster.

That would've been an epic way to end MYM 4, but it's understandable that it didn't happen.

Perhaps for MYM 5? We could make it a joint moveset and split up the ditto copies.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Why do I have a felling this will be Kawasaki #2, with people writing not recipes this time, but transformations.

It's gonna happen, so get well acquainted with Mr. Edit Button.

EDIT: Awww, Blue Toad's f smash is a copy-what-opponent-is-currently-doing-attack.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Aw man, I thought I actually did something cool for once! V.V

Why not everyone do a ditto for their own sets? And that would limit the work of Ditto you have to do if you carry it through?

Edit: Baloo, you beat me to the post... I guess you're going to say "UR 2 SLO"!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Perhaps for MYM 5? We could make it a joint moveset and split up the ditto copies.
Hmmm, an intriguing idea... although I've learned from my Halberd Crew experience that I'm not cut out for joint movesets. More thinking is required. Glad you liked it though, Warlord.

Why not everyone do a ditto for their own sets? And that would limit the work of Ditto you have to do if you carry it through?
I couldn't force everyone to include yet another extra in their sets when I wouldn't do it for my own. It's a nice idea, though, and maybe for MYM 5...?

Baloo

Smash Ace
Well, we're in the Custom Smash Projects area. That confused me for a few seconds. :p

I have to include a transformation in my sets from now on. Thanks, another extra I have to add.

And the Toad Brigade is going very well, but might not be done by Saturday. Lotta homework you see.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
EDIT: Awww, Blue Toad's f smash is a copy-what-opponent-is-currently-doing-attack.
Well. . .I'll elaborate on it so you can make yours different, alright?

It copies whatever the foe is currently doing, him transforming into the character to perform the move. . .However, after performing it, that move is stuck with you for the rest of your stock, replacing your neutral B, so you've gotta be careful to avoid copying something crappy. Players having to deal with the move will want to use their best moves sparingly until he's copied something already, or perhaps even try to bait him into using it by using the broken move, but then retreating with it.

Hmmm, an intriguing idea... although I've learned from my Halberd Crew experience that I'm not cut out for joint movesets. More thinking is required. Glad you liked it though, Warlord.
Well, my picture editing skills are crappy as be, so perhaps you could do the pictures and I could do the summaries of the changes? You wouldn't have to read the movesets that way. (Albeit I wouldn't read them all either, I'd just find something to change)

Also, did Make Your Move 4 disappear off General Brawl Discussion for anyone else?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
A Note to All MYMers:

MYM has been moved to the Custom Smash Projects area of SmashBoards, and will from this day forth not be found in the General Brawl Discussion area.

Finally, we're free from its evil grasp! :p

Baloo

Smash Ace
Ah, mine just copies the attack once. So, all good.

And yes, it's now in Custom Smash Projects. I feel like I've moved or something, lol.

EDIT: Kibble beat me.

EDIT:

Lolwut?

Cacturne, the dreadful undead progeny of Cactaur and Mr Saturn joins the Brawl!

But... What is Cacturne? Cacturne happened when a Mr Saturn fell on top of a Cactaur. The Cactaur's spines killed the Saturn, and the Cactaur was already dead. An evil spirit possessed it, and thus came to be.... the Cacturne...

Telling us about the Cacturne today is Thomas Thomas, a survivor of the latest dreadful attack by the Cacturne.

Stats:

Who needs stats? This is a Cacturne, he's to cool for stats.

Basic Attacks

Jab - Spine

It jabs! It pokes! The dreadful, evil spine! Oh, the horror! The Cacturne jabs forward his nose, oh, nose! The spike, it pokes! Augh! It pooooooooookes! Make it stop poking! It is poking in rapid succession, stop it! It pokes ever so quickly, constantly! Nooo! Each poke is doing two damage, but he does it so quickly! Stop him! The lack of knockback mans I must endure it forever! Noooooooo! but, is that DI I see?

Dash Attack - Bloody Bow
Oh no! The bow, the blooooood! The Cacturne is poking it's dreadful blood covered bow at me! Stooooooooooooooooop it! Make him stoooooooop! The bow, it does medium knockback to me! I am flying! Noooo!!! It does seven damage, it weakens me! NOOOOO!!!!!!! And high lag, thankfully, but still, it buuuuuuurns! I pray for death, lest the dreadful Cacturne overtake me again with this long ranged attack! NOOOOOOO! Adn the spine! On the tip! It's a sweetspot, it does so much pain, 18 damage! And such high knockback... *sobs*

F Tilt - Kick
AUUGH! THE FOOT OF THE CACTURNE! NO! IT KICKS ME! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point, we decided to get a more sane survivor of the Cacturne.

Please welcome Mrs. Maggy Lisette!

*claps*

"Why hello there, sonny. Could you get me a cushion?"

"Most certainly Mrs Lisette! Now, now would you please tell us about the Cacturne?..."

F Tilt - Kick

OK Sonny, now, what was the question? Oh yes, F Tilt. See, the Cacturne, he, he, he kicks with his foot! You know, I don't think he bathes. But anyway, his foot, it does eight damage and quite high knockback! It really is frightening! It has medium range, but thankfully it has quite a lot of lag. Oh deary me, sonny! Don't sit like that, it's bad for your back.

U Tilt - Gush
Oh dear, this is a frightening one! Are you sure you really want to hear it, sonny? Well, OK. See, that hole on the top of it's head, it spurts blood out of it! It has dreadfullly long range, but only does five damage and low knockback. It has low lag, and oh dear. I'm thirsty, could you get me some milk?

Mmm, this is very good milk!

Down Tilt - *snore*
I, I, I.... *snooooooooooore*

We then tried to get yet another interviewer, this one Billy O' Halfrump, an 8 year old child.

Smashes

F Smash - Whisker
OK, this is really scary! Like, really scary! The Cacturne like, he like, smacked! Like, with his whisker! Really, like, it was like, really scary! It did a whole 16 damage and medium knockback, it was like, awesome! He smacked nasty old Ms Drunkalot right across the world, it was like, awesome! and she like, screamed, like, ahhhh! Really! And like, he literally had so much, like, range on that attack! It was like, super powerful ranged awesome attack! And it has like, low lag and stuff! Yeah! Really, like, really!

U Smash - Organ
Like, an organ shoots out of the hole in his head! I didn't see ti up close, but it looked like a, like, chicken! And it was purple and hairy! And it did fourteen damage, really, it was like, awesome! But it didn't do that much damage, and it had tons of lag! So good ol' Principle Randy smashed it right across the schoolyard when there was lag with a golf club! Mr. Randy is really good at golf, you know that! He's like, better than Lion Forest, of whatever that guys name is! And like, the like, attack, with like, the organ! It has super long rang,e like, four stage builder blocks! Ewww! And if he moves before the organ falls back in him, it's an item that can be thrown, but like, it only does like three damage, and like, low knockback.

We then decided to interview Pat Richards over AIM, a person of unknown age and gender.

D SMASH - SPIEK CIRCL3

HI!!!1!!!1 WTF I WAS THEIR AT TEH CACTURN3 ATAK!!!!1!!! OMG HA MAED A BUNCH OF SPIEKS COMA OUT OF TEH GROUND IN A CIRCLE AROUND HIM!!1!! LOL AND I WAS LIEK PLZ DONT HURT ME!11!11! OMG LOL BUT HE DID IT ANYWAY AND I BROK3 A NALE!!!11!1!! OMG WTF LOL I WAS SO PIS3D OF!!1!11 WTF S3RIOSLEY WUT HIS PROBL3M??!!!? WTF LOL BUT ANYWAY IT DID THRE DMAEG PER SPIEK BUT THEYRE WAR3 TEN SPIEKS!11!11!1! WTF AND EACH SPIEK DID HIGH UPWARDS KNOKBAK!!!!11 OMG WTF AND DA HITBOX IT STAEYD OUT FOR THRE SECONDS!111!1 OMG WTF LOL AND IT HAS SUCH HIGH RANGE LIEK THRE STAEG BUILD3R BLOX HIGH!1111!1!1 AND THEIR WAS A LOT OF STARTNG LAG BUT IT HAD ALMOST NO ENDNG LAG H3 CUD WOK AROUND BFOR3 TEH SPIEKS EV3N WANT BAK!!!!!1 WTF LOL IT WAS SO SCARY!1!111 LOL

Aerials

NARE - P3ANUT

LOL!1!!11!!!!!! OMG LOL CACTURN3 LIEK SPITS A PEANUT OUT!1!1!!!11 OMG WTF IT WAS SO DUMB!1!11!1 MAYB HE LIEKS PEANUTS BUT I PREFER PISTACHIOS!!1!11!!1 ANYWAY TI HAS HIGH RANGE AND LOW LAG!!!!1 OMG WTF LOL SO H3 CAN KEP FIRNG AND FIRNG AND FIRNG!111! LOL AND IT DOES THRE DMAAG NAD LOW KNOKBAK SO ITS LIEK AN INFINIET!1!!11! OMG LOL OR AT LEAST UNTIL U HIT DA GROUND!!1!!11 OMG LOL IT WAS SO SCARY!!!!11!1 OMG WTF

Once again we decided we needed a new person.

OMG WTF??!?!?!!?!?????!?!? OMG WTF LOL U DONT LIEK M3?!???!! WTF LOL WUT WRONG WIT M3!!1!1! WTF LOL UR SO MEAN!!!11!1! OMG LOL I HAET U!!1!! OMG IMM SAD!!1!1 :( :( :( :(

And we said the eternal meme: Lolwut.

The person on AIM made a few more sad faces, and left. We presume it was a girl, but it could have been hyperhopper too.

We next had up some under detailed guy.

Fair - Nose Jab
cacturne jabs with his nose and does eight damage

Bair - Bow
cacturne smacks back with his bow and does four damage with a spike on the tip.

Uair - Triple Spike Spin
cacturne uses his three spikes on his head and spins them in a circle, doing three damage a hit for six hits.

Yeah, so you know what happened next: We got rid of him too.

Next we got Master Warlord, the Detail Nazi

Down Aerial - Shadow Skyrocket
Cacturne puts his whiskers to his sides, stands up fully straight, and puts his legs straight against each other, posing like a soldier waiting for inspection. If you don’t do anything other then the initial button input, Cacturne will instantly go into his helpless state after the initial animation. However, if you hold down A, Cacturne will keep the position, and shady energy can be seen building up around him. When you land on the ground while still charging, Cacturne will release the charge and skyrocket up, necromantic magic propelling him upwards, then afterward going into his helpless state.

Cacturne can charge the move for up to 5 seconds, and the amount of damage, knockback, speed he goes up at, and how high he goes depends on the charge. Dimentio has no direct ending lag at the end of this attack, but he goes into his helpless state after it, meaning he’s quite vulnerable as he falls back to the ground.

1 Second Charge: Cacturne goes up 1 Ganondorf at the speed of Ganondorf’s run, deals 7-8% damage, and below average knockback.
2 Second Charge: Cacturne goes up 1.75 Ganondorfs at the speed of Bowser’s run, deals 10-11% damage, and average knockback.
3 Second Charge: Cacturne goes up 2.5 Ganondorfs at the speed of Wario’s run, deals 13-14% damage, and slightly above average knockback.
4 Second Charge: Cacturne goes up 3.25 Ganondorfs at the speed of Pikachu’s run, deals 16-17% damage, and above average knockback.
5 Second Charge: Cacturne goes up 4 Ganondorfs at the speed of Captain Falcon’s run, deals 19-20% damage, and high knockback.

Cacturne cannot release the charge in the air and must wait to hit the ground, meaning this cannot be used for edge guarding or recovery, although the boom box counts as solid ground to land on with this move, so you could get creative and use it for a recovery that way. Even if you fully charged it in that fashion though, it wouldn’t give you as much recovery as your two jumps and up special.

We decided that he gave much ho much detail, and moved onto someone else.

This someone else... was the one, and only, Baloo. The obvious winner of MYM4, voted best moveset maker, most improved, funniest poster, most helpful, and even best sandbag despite him not even being a sandbag, among other awards. He is famous for the amazing quality of his Ghost Gang and Dimentio movesets, and is renowned around the world as the Person of the Year, 1873 years in a row.

Specials

Neutral B - Undead

Dark magic surrounds Cacturne, and he shoots it forward. This dark magic is purple, and this attack has about half the starting lag of a falcon punch. however, if it hits someone, while they revive no damage or knockback, they are controlled by a level one computer for five seconds! This makes this a very useful attack, but beware, it has very high ending lag, almost two whole seocnds! So, it is very easily punished. but if it hits, it's great. It has three stage blocks of range, and can not be absorbed by Psi Magnet, making it a very useful attack. Use it wisely, because you can't use it for 20 seocnds after you do it.

Side B - Spiny Shot
Cacturne begins shooting spines out of his nose, and they travel very quickly, almost as fast as Sheik's needles. They each do two damage, and no knockback ,but can be shot infinitely and are rather hard to DI out of. It has low lag, and very high range. It goes through most attacks as well, and is one of the main reasons that Cacturne is so often played by newbs, he is the ultimate spammer character. However, he is completely helpless form behind, so beware of attacks from the back. But newbs obviously don't know tat.

Up B - Spike Helicopter

The three spikes on Cacturne's head start spinning, going on their sides so it looks like a rotor. Then, you have to press the B button, and can fly wherever you want. However, there's a catch. You need to keep pressing the B button over and over again, but not just mindlessly, you have to be balanced. If you press it to slowly, you will start falling and enter helpless, if you do it to quickly the spines fall off and you're OHKOed! You set the amount of times per second that you have to press it on the Options screen, so if you're naturally slow or fast, but like the idea of an undead progeny of Cactaur and Mr Saturn, don't despair. if an opponent is hit by it, they receive one damage and medium knockback. You have infinite recovery, but it is very hard to control and should only be used for short periods of time, because you will mess up, it's inevitable if you dd it to long. Not even CPU's can do it forever, and they aren't programed to stall with it anyway.. This is not an offensive move, but a recovery one, if you didn't notice. So, yeah. That is all.

Down B - Possession
Cacturne becomes a purplish cloud for a second and shoots forward about one Battlefield platform. It he hits someone, he possesses them, and can control them for five seocnds. But beware, if you SD, you lose a stock and they appear where they were when you possessed them! So, you need to strategically place them somewhere where they can't recover but you can, or where they will take damage from the stage. After five seocnds, you pop out of the opponent you possessed a stage builder block or two into the air. This has medium high range but has extremely high ending lag if it misses.

Final Smash - Cactaur/Mr Saturn Army
A bunch of Mr Saturns and Cactuars come and run around, doing tow damage to anyone they touch. This ,has great damage racking abilities. It can rack up almost 100 damage! After ten seocnds, they all disappear, making an explosion that does high knockback. So, I guess it does have KO potential. However, it is very easy to avoid the army by staying in the air.

Who needs throws and extras and whatnot?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That Ditto moveset was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that crappy IGN one. Well done.

Iago and Zazu are almost done. I just need to finish their SSE Role, then I can get them up! Maybe on the 700th page if I'm lucky?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Does anyone know how Ripper Roo moves?
I know he hops/ bounces, but is it on his feet, or his tail?

I think it's his feet but it's been a good time since I played Crash 2, and I only remember him hopping on the cane. I have never played Crash 1, so I have no idea what he did on that lol.

I like both the Ditto movesets, and the Ditto Mario was the best thing I've seen all day XD.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
That Ditto moveset was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that crappy IGN one. Well done.

Iago and Zazu are almost done. I just need to finish their SSE Role, then I can get them up! Maybe on the 700th page if I'm lucky?
When I saw DFM's Ditto I thought he copy/pasted Upliftharp's, lol.

Eagerly anticipating the official revealing of Iago and Zazu.

Seeing HR and Spadefox aren't doing SMs in MYM 5, perhaps you could do one? You started on in MYM 3 that's better then the attempts of most people, even if you didn't really get anywhere with it, and you've become a lot more experienced since then since reading all the new SMs.

So can you be the next SM writer who's SM instantly look at whenever he releases a chapter? :p

Does anyone know how Ripper Roo moves?
I know he hops/ bounces, but is it on his feet, or his tail?

I think it's his feet but it's been a good time since I played Crash 2, and I only remember him hopping on the cane. I have never played Crash 1, so I have no idea what he did on that lol.

I like both the Ditto movesets, and the Ditto Mario was the best thing I've seen all day XD.
Thank god another Crash Bandicoot moveset is being made! If you do indeed make it, I'll edit Ripper Roo into my SM with a playable role, seeing he's already an NPC.

To answer your question, he hops on his feet in Crash 1. In Crash 2, he's become a gentleman and hops on his cane, but after an explosion occurs he goes back to being crazy and hopping on his feet.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Well, now a little note about our movement to the Custom Smash Projects:

I'm like it that we have our own place here in Smashboards. To be honest, I never thought about Make Your Move as a "General Brawl Dicussion", so this seems to be a good idea. Now all we need is lots of advertizing and telling the regulars that aren't here about this.

GOT IT? GOOD!

EDIT: Strange... My sig isn't showing... oh well.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Thank god another Crash Bandicoot moveset is being made! If you do indeed make it, I'll edit Ripper Roo into my SM with a playable role, seeing he's already an NPC.

To answer your question, he hops on his feet in Crash 1. In Crash 2, he's become a gentleman and hops on his cane, but after an explosion occurs he goes back to being crazy and hopping on his feet.
I should have him done sometime next week, and his SSE role shouldn't take too long due to the fact that I'm probably going to use the boss that I was going to use for Alex Kidd (a Polar Bear), as it fits with all the bear chase missions from Crash 2.

And thank you for offering to put him as a playable character in your SM :bee:.

I thought he hopped on his feet, but I wanted to make sure before putting it down. It's the gentleman version that I'm going to use, but I'm going to have him hop on his feet, and use the cane in his moveset.

@Kitsuneko= Your sig won't show if you post is under a certain length to prevent people from writing about 1 line and having a massive sig.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
When I saw DFM's Ditto I thought he copy/pasted Upliftharp's, lol.

Eagerly anticipating the official revealing of Iago and Zazu.

Seeing HR and Spadefox aren't doing SMs in MYM 5, perhaps you could do one? You started on in MYM 3 that's better then the attempts of most people, even if you didn't really get anywhere with it, and you've become a lot more experienced since then since reading all the new SMs.

So can you be the next SM writer who's SM instantly look at whenever he releases a chapter? :p
It's possible, although I have a tight schedule, and will probably be focusing on movesets. I might be able to set up a critique, or make custom SSE Roles for people. Seeing as how I'm introducing Iago and Zazu seperately in their moveset SSE Roles, this one looks pretty long compared to my other ones.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really enjoyed the Ditto moveset (I know I'm a few pages late.)

Crono was okay, but I don't really know Crono so I didn't spend much time reading the moveset. :laugh: I shouldn't judge a moveset I don't know much about.

EDIT: Since my waiting list is only two characters, I was wondering...as far as I know, Light/Ryuk, L, and Misa are the ONLY DeathNote movesets that have been done, am I right? I may have been considering trying one.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay, I looked, and didn't find anything...so...

I'm adding Mello to my to-do list, unless someone would prefer I do Near or something...

And a heads up, my to-do list will last for the remainder of THIS contest, AND MYM5. That's why I say two is too few. I usually squeeze five in per contest. MINIMUM.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
@Kitsuneko= Your sig won't show if you post is under a certain length to prevent people from writing about 1 line and having a massive sig.
Thank you for that little reminder. I saw something about that one guy (hyperhopper?) whining about this. Of course, that thread, along with the rest of the threads he started, have been locked down. serious, he should consider making a blog about his problems.

Anyway, I hope that this post might actually show my sig, since it has my ideas for Make Your Move...

NOT AN EDIT: Ah, I saw my signature while previewing, so this should work...

ACTUAL EDIT: YES!

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
And yeah, what you see is all I did, Warlord. Imagine the effect if I had about 400 of those, one of every single MYM 4 character, and posted it on the very last day as a testament and reminder to all we've done... that was the dream. Not gonna happen, though, they're boring as sin to write. As well as forcing me to read every single moveset in the contest.
Aw, that would've been sweet. Very touching and emotional, K.Rool. At least the intention was good, right? :bee:

@ Khold's Funeral: Why is everybody leaving? Gah, it's so depressing...You will be sorely missed, Khold.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Aww, and I liked Kholdstare's contributions... :ohwell: Geeze...so how many awesome people have left MYM in this round? I think it's 3+, but I may have counted wrong...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
No... NO! Khold? KHOLD?! Awwww....

A moment, please, everyone.

His movesets were bursting with creativity. They were easy to read and always had great organization. He complimented everyone, with nary a negative thing to say; if he thought them, he always kept them to himself. And on a personal level, he was a great guy, with a fantastic sense of humor. He took the initiative and started the MYM Wiki. He was one of the primary contributors in the Xat. And he was always, always fun to have around. And he loved him a good joke. Kholdstare, you will be missed.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom