• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make up is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You were depressed? Remember, find the dark in things. It's that much easier to find the light.
I'm not completely sure what you just said but for some reason I want to chuck a brick at you.

Nah, needing to be on vicodin for some crazy **** then having to detox off it all while some other stuff I'm really inclined to NOT talk about is gonna leave I think anyone a bit blue.

But Jona and good ol Bob saget, oh yoooou guuuuuuys.

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm not completely sure what you just said but for some reason I want to chuck a brick at you.

Nah, needing to be on vicodin for some crazy **** then having to detox off it all while some other stuff I'm really inclined to NOT talk about is gonna leave I think anyone a bit blue.

But Jona and good ol Bob saget, oh yoooou guuuuuuys.
It was inevitable. I've had friends with depression and they didn't get it at first either. I guess you have to chill with me for a while to understand that if you feel lost then you can only get better. Sorry if that was misleading. Anyway to stay on topic, let people choose.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lool

i didnt quote but someone asked if i felt the same towards like facelifts and plastic surgery and stuff.

if its not from like an accident to help someone get there life back then no i dont agree with it.

same with tanning and girls that like to look orange. thats STOOPID OH MAN, ok im gonna get some myspace profiles from around where i live and you can tell me if you think this is pretty iight?

AH i found her, the girl everyone is trying to bone lool, i used to like her in 6th grade lol
http://www.myspace.com/liddlee_miss_infamous

just read this ones url thing lmao
http://www.myspace.com/every1_luvz_a_hot_blonde

highfive

Smash Lord
lool

i didnt quote but someone asked if i felt the same towards like facelifts and plastic surgery and stuff.

if its not from like an accident to help someone get there life back then no i dont agree with it.

same with tanning and girls that like to look orange. thats STOOPID OH MAN, ok im gonna get some myspace profiles from around where i live and you can tell me if you think this is pretty iight?

AH i found her, the girl everyone is trying to bone lool, i used to like her in 6th grade lol

your right on this one. Unnecessary surgeries + fake tans = creepy old ladies that hit on you in the super market. Or "grocery stores" if you catch my drift.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
lool

Oh dear Gawd.

Wow I am so ****ing happy I live in a neighborhood full of less trashy girls and really happy that I dont get out often.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
you make a good point, but my opinion stands because, make up is just un attractive to me. like i said i guess its preference but i dont know. excessive make up is just to annoying, to fake, to ugly. a girl with no make up that looks naturally beautiful>make up girl

am i right?
Okay, this I can agree with. If makeup is personally unattractive to you, I understand your point.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
those are the types of girls are talking about.

mainly pale white girls,

omg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQEZBZM1LOY
some asian girls to like this one omg thank youtube it was on the front page this ugly thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijk-JqPB3Y4

look at the side of her face were the make up isnt done.. no no

and even the side that is done looks too stupid. she has PURPLE ON HER FACE

natural colors at least are natural, but PURPLE

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Im a guy who looks for girls. I wear makeup. Explain this, since according to you I dont.
eh youll find a girl, probably a tom boyish one.

but im guessing you have a sexual preference that is other then straight to

i dont know about that

i was talking about your typical straight guy

and if you say your straight your lying

straight guys get chills even thinking about wearing make up in public

unless its to be funny, or a dare

Omis

my friends were skinny

i dont know about that

And this is why your thread is irrelevant. You are generalizing so many people. I only like girls. Does that mean I cant wear makeup? According to you it does. But I wear makeup and enjoy it. And Im not gay. You quite frankly are way too generalzing. People are different. There is a reason stereotypes are looked down upon.
And Im straight even though you wont believe me because I wear makeup

Barge

All I want is a custom title

i dont know about that

That sir, is called generalizing. You don't represent every single straight guy in the world now do you?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
And this is why your thread is irrelevant. You are generalizing so many people. I only like girls. Does that mean I cant wear makeup? According to you it does. But I wear makeup and enjoy it. And Im not gay. You quite frankly are way too generalzing. People are different. There is a reason stereotypes are looked down upon.
i dont know man

theres always a special case

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
how can you be specific about anything then?

theres always an exception to probably everything.

you coming in here and saying "hi im special" doesnt mean a thing.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
He was just saying that he was a straight guy that uses makeup. You saying that all straight guys hate makeup and anyone who uses it is gay = generalizing and ignorant

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you know what i meant omis, your just trying to point out a mistake so everyone can be like wooow jona is soo ignorant lol

you know what race is really sexist? mexicans

oh man my girlfriends dad is such a g his wife is talking and he'll be like

CAYATE DEJAME HABLAR

which is shut up let me talk and ill be like daaaam **** lol

i wonder if they were saying happy cinco de swine in other schools other then mine lol

REL38

Smash Lord
OMG
How has this thread come to this?

Where did the this come from all of a sudden?

Your ignorance is self-evident by saying that mexicans are a race. Since when did the country of Mexico turn into its own entire race? The only application "mexicans" has to race is when statistics refer to "Mexican Americans". People from Mexico are Hispanics/Latinos. My parents are from Guatemala. That doesn't make me part of the Guatemaleans race because there's no such thing. People call people who speak spanish mexicans purely out of ignorance.

Stop generalizing people into giant groups. True, there are a large number of Hispanics who always act all macho, but that doesn't mean they're all the same.

I can't believe how far this thread has strayed from the original topic that I don't even feel like giving my opinion about the whole make-up thing.

Darkslash

Smash Master
you know what i meant omis, your just trying to point out a mistake so everyone can be like wooow jona is soo ignorant lol

you know what race is really sexist? mexicans

oh man my girlfriends dad is such a g his wife is talking and he'll be like

CAYATE DEJAME HABLAR

which is shut up let me talk and ill be like daaaam **** lol

i wonder if they were saying happy cinco de swine in other schools other then mine lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jhb8_UPfw

I resisted from entering this blog, but the way you generalize things is atrocious.

Grunt

Smash Master
I get paid to wear heavy goth makeup and contacts etc, so I lol at this thread.

*also a makeup artist/hair stylist for "alternative" shoots.

teehee
I don't mind make up, as long as they don't turn themselves into clowns while trying to look serious.
Like Azua's shots are cool because the wacky make up is supposed to be there, but in the last one she linked, she doesn't look as crazy, and looks really good.

I think Jona posted a video of some girls with blue eye shadow and then red around that and yellow all over their cheeks, and dozens of other bright colors all over their faces while trying to look good, but that just looks silly to me.

EDIT:
WTF happened to this thread? 0.o

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
i lol at the person who pays you to wear that ish because, why would anyone pay for that? i mean thats a cool job cuz your just throwing crap on your face and getting paid but, for what? some goth boys that wanna put it as their computer wallpaper?
You're so judgemental that all I can really do is laugh. Sorry.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
OMG
How has this thread come to this?

Where did the this come from all of a sudden?

Your ignorance is self-evident by saying that mexicans are a race. Since when did the country of Mexico turn into its own entire race? The only application "mexicans" has to race is when statistics refer to "Mexican Americans". People from Mexico are Hispanics/Latinos. My parents are from Guatemala. That doesn't make me part of the Guatemaleans race because there's no such thing. People call people who speak spanish mexicans purely out of ignorance.

Stop generalizing people into giant groups. True, there are a large number of Hispanics who always act all macho, but that doesn't mean they're all the same.

I can't believe how far this thread has strayed from the original topic that I don't even feel like giving my opinion about the whole make-up thing.
you caught it first, good job.
i wrote it by accident but i left it to see who would lecture me on it.
figh five son

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jhb8_UPfw

I resisted from entering this blog, but the way you generalize things is atrocious.
no hablo ingles soy boriqua

I don't mind make up, as long as they don't turn themselves into clowns while trying to look serious.
Like Azua's shots are cool because the wacky make up is supposed to be there, but in the last one she linked, she doesn't look as crazy, and looks really good.

I think Jona posted a video of some girls with blue eye shadow and then red around that and yellow all over their cheeks, and dozens of other bright colors all over their faces while trying to look good, but that just looks silly to me.

EDIT:
WTF happened to this thread? 0.o
i happened
im pretty much a clown
anyways, you seen the video of those girls right?
thats the kind of girls im talking about.
girls with lighter skin are usually the culprits of such ******** things
white chicks man

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
You're so judgemental that all I can really do is laugh. Sorry.
who isnt judgemental?
its only about who speaks their mind and who keeps their mouths shut.

I read this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7369275&postcount=89

Then, I laughed too hard to continue. It's pretty clear that he is just speaking generally, and he really hoped no one would question it.
i dont really care if anyone questioned it,
i just didnt think i would find someone who would say otherwise and be an example of what i said couldnt be.

strange people you find on smashboards

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh dear Gawd.
That is actually the exact same thing I was going to respond with, thanks Falcon.

That girl looks like she might be pretty, if she didn't tan so much and wear all that makeup.

Im a guy who looks for girls. I wear makeup. Explain this, since according to you I dont.
I'm not sure why I had this on multiquote.

Ummmm...cool? XD

...oh, I guess I quoted the wrong person.
your right on this one. Unnecessary surgeries + fake tans = creepy old ladies that hit on you in the super market. Or "grocery stores" if you catch my drift.
I don't catch your drift. :[

I am going to agree for the most part with Jona, except for the fact that yes, he is generalizing to such a ridiculous extreme that I'm starting to think he might be a troll.

I was actually thinking about this subject earlier today, when I went to a restaurant with my parents for my birthday. My mom said something about me liking the waitress, and I said she would be pretty if it wasn't for all the makeup she had on.

I'm not sure why, but when we're talking about looks, I prefer "natural" every time. Makeup never seems to add to a girl's (...or guy's?) beauty to me. It just looks like there is stuff on your face. Tanning? It's ok if you do it a little bit, because getting sun is "natural," but tanning too much just looks horrible (not to mention the health risks...I don't know how different it is with tanning beds compared to the sun)

I also dislike tattoos and piercings, especially facial piercings, and omfg why do people pierce their tongues? No offense to these people, but there are people that find these things to be turnons, especially if there are lots of tattoos/piercings, and I do not understand it.

Anyway...a little bit of makeup I don't mind, but when I ask a girl if they wear makeup and they say something like "just eyeliner" or something like that, I don't understand it. What's the point? You look prettier without it.

I would actually prefer the ridiculous stuff like blue/purple makeup over "natural colors" as long as it's not a frequent thing. Trying to make yourself look prettier with makeup, so that it doesn't even look like you're wearing makeup, is what I call false advertising XD
At least if they're wearing all those funky colors we know they have a sense of humor.

And that video you linked of that Asian girl...I think she looked pretty good on her non-makeup side. It actually reminded me that I recently found some girl's channel, where all she does is put makeup on. I don't remember how I found it, but the girl was really young, and I think she looked good without her makeup, and she put it on and then looked weird ._.

This post is way too long.

In conclusion, if you like to put makeup on and have all sorts of piercings and stuff, because you like it, then good for you. Just keep in mind that some people would much prefer the way you look without it.

There you go. My long, unorganized rant. This is my opinion guyz, no need to flame.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I just find it hilarious that "grown" men are making a big fuss over something like this. But blogs will be blogs.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Amazing blog.

"Callate, dejame hablar" was pure LOL (I can't bring myself to not write it properly)

How about everyone lives their own life while trying not to tell others how to live theirs?, no matter how much we disagree with them.

I fear P.C. Jona will have a daughter. *shivers*

Prawn

Smash Master
Super sorry about the assumption earlier as well, I feel like a patronizing *******.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Indeed. If Jona ever gets a daughter, she probably wouldn't be able to express and augment her beauty, which will result in defeminization, and possibly result in F2M transgenderization. I never got that far, though. lol

bobson

Smash Lord
Makeup has no obvious drawbacks besides taking a little time to put on. In general, something that improves your appearance and doesn't have any major drawbacks is a fine enough thing for me. I personally prefer no makeup at all, though; there are obviously disastrous cases in both the "too much" and "not enough" pile, but if you have a cute face naturally, then why bother drawing on it?
Tanning is where it starts to get problematic. Not getting skin cancer >>> having a "nice tan."

As for makeup, let me ask you this, P.C. Jona: Do you brush your teeth? Do you wear cologne? Do you use deodorant? Shampoo? Hair gel? Acne products? Lotion?

What is the difference between those cosmetic products and makeup?
Most of those fall under the realm of avoiding looking/smelling bad rather than improving what you've already got.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I can't tell when girls where make up...
heh... where...

Bobson, I'm actually more with Jam on this one. (for once, lol) Changing you natural appearnce/smell/whatever has, for quite some time been a huge part of being human. Or a living being in general, lol. There is nothing wrong with trying to look and feel more attractive.

bobson

Smash Lord
Bobson, I'm actually more with Jam on this one. (for once, lol) Changing you natural appearnce/smell/whatever has, for quite some time been a huge part of being human. Or a living being in general, lol. There is nothing wrong with trying to look and feel more attractive.
Right, I agree. I'm just pointing out that his comparison was flawed.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://tuvida.aol.com/moda-y-belleza/fotos/stars-without-make-up

Jessica Alba looks better without makeup XD
Penelope Cruz looks good without it too.
LMAO at the Miley Cyrus picture. That looks like a freaking guy.

Too bad these comparisons are epic fail, because most of them are like, random pictures in different settings so it's not a direct comparison.

Most of them look alright without it, but I guess it's safe to say that makeup makes older women look "better" since our society is so obsessed with looking young.

I saw Joan Rivers on TV yesterday, and my mom told me she's 70. I was like O_O
Nobody should look like that at 70, sorry. Plastic surgery scares me (and on a slightly unrelated note, I think I speak for a lot of guys when I say that breast implants = bad)

It's funny though, I wonder what people would think if makeup had never been invented. Think about it...if nobody ever "dressed their faces up" and then you suddenly saw someone do that, would you think that it makes them beautiful or ugly?

edit: reading through this shows me how powerfully brainwashing the media truly is (as if I didn't already know that)
Sexy Victoria's Secret model Heidi Klum knows how to look spectacular with little clothing and makeup. "Au naturale" she still looks pretty, but dull. We recommend light color on the eyes, the cheeks and the lips.
Pretty but dull? She looks BETTER without the makeup. She looks like a clown in the picture on the right, wtffff

Going out on a limb here, but maybe the reason some guys don't like makeup is because it gives them a feeling of inferiority and ugliness? I mean, in high school I was often in awe of how beautiful some girls were, but I never really though about if they were wearing makeup, and how much. Looking back, they're probably relatively average looking, and I was just being foolish.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Indeed. If Jona ever gets a daughter, she probably wouldn't be able to express and augment her beauty, which will result in defeminization, and possibly result in F2M transgenderization. I never got that far, though. lol
me+my girlfriend = beautiful babies, freakin SEXY babies
ill let her mother take care of her, the son is what im lookin forward to so i can show off how good hes gonna be at everything.

Amazing blog.

"Callate, dejame hablar" was pure LOL (I can't bring myself to not write it properly)

How about everyone lives their own life while trying not to tell others how to live theirs?, no matter how much we disagree with them.

I fear P.C. Jona will have a daughter. *shivers*
wrong quote i think, but anyways, im not trying to troll or anything, i just wanted to write on how ******** i think makeup is.

i wanna like do an infinite facepalm on myself everytime i see a stupid girl wearing crazy make up

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I was actually thinking about this subject earlier today, when I went to a restaurant with my parents for my birthday. My mom said something about me liking the waitress, and I said she would be pretty if it wasn't for all the makeup she had on.

I'm not sure why, but when we're talking about looks, I prefer "natural" every time. Makeup never seems to add to a girl's (...or guy's?) beauty to me. It just looks like there is stuff on your face. Tanning? It's ok if you do it a little bit, because getting sun is "natural," but tanning too much just looks horrible (not to mention the health risks...I don't know how different it is with tanning beds compared to the sun)

I also dislike tattoos and piercings, especially facial piercings, and omfg why do people pierce their tongues? No offense to these people, but there are people that find these things to be turnons, especially if there are lots of tattoos/piercings, and I do not understand it.

Anyway...a little bit of makeup I don't mind, but when I ask a girl if they wear makeup and they say something like "just eyeliner" or something like that, I don't understand it. What's the point? You look prettier without it.

I would actually prefer the ridiculous stuff like blue/purple makeup over "natural colors" as long as it's not a frequent thing. Trying to make yourself look prettier with makeup, so that it doesn't even look like you're wearing makeup, is what I call false advertising XD
At least if they're wearing all those funky colors we know they have a sense of humor.

In conclusion, if you like to put makeup on and have all sorts of piercings and stuff, because you like it, then good for you. Just keep in mind that some people would much prefer the way you look without it.

There you go. My long, unorganized rant. This is my opinion guyz, no need to flame.
i completely agree on this. my fiance and i typically make fun of girls who wear make-up extensively or who are orange from tanning. All she ever wears is eyeliner and i like it that way

Skler

Smash Master
I read this thread today, several of the posts made me burst out laughing. I'm glad the door was closed, because I look like a crazy person right now.

This should be stickied.

Jona, you're one very sexist person and don't even know it. You may disagree, but it's been made pretty clear by everything you've said.

This gem is my favorite.

"ill let her mother take care of her, the son is what im lookin forward to so i can show off how good hes gonna be at everything."

Glad to know your son will be the only one you spend time with. I mean, why waste time with that girly girl doing girl things? Screw that, she shouldn't play sports or be good at anything. Let the mother handle that dead weight. She should make you a sandwich while she's at it, right?

On topic: I don't like excessive makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom