• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make up is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Link to original post: [drupal=1564]Make up is stupid[/drupal]

make up looks so fake. its stupid
i would kill myself if i had to wake up to a hideous wife and wait for her to put on her makeup for me to be able to look at her. if your not naturally pretty make up does not help. it just makes you look stupid.

theres a girl at school that every kid i can think of would love to "bone" if i can say that and if you know what that means. they swear shes the hottest girl at school and that shes just too pretty. if you see her without make up hahaha wow she looks stupid. and even when she puts on make up she looks stupid. if you cant see past the makeup then you dont know who that girl really is. make up is faker then fake. its worse then trying to be someone else. its trying to be someone who doesnt even exist, your trying to be someone you wish you could be. its stupid.

i thank God my girlfriend is naturally beautiful. but she always complains about doing her make up or she needs to fix it blah blah. i always have to tell her babe you look beautiful you dont even need make up stop it

make up is ******** and the girls that cant go outside of the house without it are worse.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
A little touch-up isn't so bad (maybe every now and then), but otherwise:

I am Kinzer, and I approve of this thread, err, I mean blog.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Or you could try to be a little less shallow and not care so much how girls look. >_>

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm sorry Firus, but I cannot go out with something like this:

Yeah, so sue me, while I still may like my women somewhat appealing on the outside, at least I'm doing it for the right way and not doing it for the sex or any of that other stuff.

Also I don't wear cologne, that stuff is way too strong for my nose, and I have a bad sense of smell. :/ I can't speak on behalf of anybody else though.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Or you could try to be a little less shallow and not care so much how girls look. >_>
If I hear one more person say this, I might just erupt. Looks matter. Looks are extremely important when choosing a mate. It does not make you shallow to realize this.

As for makeup, let me ask you this, P.C. Jona: Do you brush your teeth? Do you wear cologne? Do you use deodorant? Shampoo? Hair gel? Acne products? Lotion?

What is the difference between those cosmetic products and makeup?

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Same goes for alot of things like brushing your hair or wearing good clothes, but how far with it you go determinds if it is reasonable or not.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
You're going to have to do a lot more than cologne to attract us ladies
Woa, slow down, I am just saying most guys wear it to be pleasant. And I could contradict that by saying the same thing about make up...well, if I change ladies to men.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If I hear one more person say this, I might just erupt. Looks matter. Looks are extremely important when choosing a mate. It does not make you shallow to realize this.
Somehow I knew someone was going to misread this, but I didn't know how to clarify it so I figured I'd confront it when I was challenged on it.

I know looks matter, I'm not saying that you're shallow if you don't want to date someone that looks like...the above. But Jona's post came off to me as really shallow, like how people who aren't already pretty shouldn't even try to look better because it fails, and how lucky he is to have a "naturally attractive girlfriend"...I don't know, the whole thing came off to me as pretty shallow.

Again, looks do matter, I just feel like Jona's putting too much into looks. Just the way he said everything.

D

Deleted member

I don't mind make-up unless it's extremely excessive. I mean, don't you want girls to look as pretty as they can be? I'm sure the girls feel the same, that they want their boyfriends to look nice.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Somehow I knew someone was going to misread this, but I didn't know how to clarify it so I figured I'd confront it when I was challenged on it.

I know looks matter, I'm not saying that you're shallow if you don't want to date someone that looks like...the above. But Jona's post came off to me as really shallow, like how people who aren't already pretty shouldn't even try to look better because it fails, and how lucky he is to have a "naturally attractive girlfriend"...I don't know, the whole thing came off to me as pretty shallow.

Again, looks do matter, I just feel like Jona's putting too much into looks. Just the way he said everything.
Ah, my mistake. Carry on.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Haha. This was almost too perfect.

I rarely put make up on. My face is naturally rosey and I have these freckles that pretty much serve as make up. The main thing I put on is eyeliner, but that isn't much at all. I dont see how preppy girls do it, looking like clowns.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Obviously they're doing it wrong.

...Where is that meme/reference from anyway... 4Chan...?

kr3wman

Smash Master
It depends. Too much is really repulsing, but a little makeup there and there can bring out some features.

But it really depends on the facial features before anything.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I get paid to wear heavy goth makeup and contacts etc, so I lol at this thread.

*also a makeup artist/hair stylist for "alternative" shoots.

teehee

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Who really cares what you think, Jona? I mean no one said you had to even acknowledge the women who wear make-up, but you go out of your way to say they have to be hideous if they wear make-up. It's fine to have opinions, but to judge and criticize women who do something because they want to, for whatever reason it may be, is laughable.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion

I rarely put make up on. My face is naturally rosey and I have these freckles that pretty much serve as make up. The main thing I put on is eyeliner, but that isn't much at all. I dont see how preppy girls do it, looking like clowns.
Lol. Heartz is soooooo proud of her freckles. :laugh:

I wish I had some! You're making me jealous! :mad:

kr3wman

Smash Master

teehee
Aw comon thats more like face painting j/k j/k.

IMO It really depends on facial features. It's like everything aesthetic, some people think that they just look better with different clothes, accessories and well, make-up because well, to them they look good with it.

I think the OP is just complaining about those that take it as a complete way of life, like taking 30 minutes to put the makeup just to go outside for like 5 minutes and stuff like that. The materialistic idea, probably.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
It really depends how much they put on and what they already look like.
I have only seen one girl that eye liner looks good on.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, generally, I tend not to like it when girls over care about tiny details when they look perfectly delectable, but I acknowledge make-up as a viable way of improving physical appearance, even if I personally prefer my women au naturale.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
It's just all self-preferences. There is such a thing as too much such that it makes you look superficial...but really it's a personal matter.

My girl only wears eyeliner, but her roommate puts the whole shebang on. Different strokes (of the brush?) for different folks...I guess.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master

As for makeup, let me ask you this, P.C. Jona: Do you brush your teeth? Do you wear cologne? Do you use deodorant? Shampoo? Hair gel? Acne products? Lotion?

What is the difference between those cosmetic products and makeup?
the difference between brushing your teeth putting on cologne and everything else you said is, you dont go out of the house with all that stuff, except gel i guess.. but thats the thing, do guys need to put on make up to make them look good? nah if you got it you got it

girls all want to be pretty and the wear make up to pretend they are for a little bit until they take off their face.. nooottt cool

your right, i put a lot into looks, a bunch. if i was single i would refuse to go out with a girl just on her personality, thats not realistic. the whole "whats inside counts" is BS, capital BS
ugly=ugly no matter whats inside. Lord forgive me

they dont just look like clowns, they are clowns because they swear their pretty... i would love to get a baby wipe and wipe it all off and be like wow, is that the same girl everyone is trying to bone?

teehee
i lol at the person who pays you to wear that ish because, why would anyone pay for that? i mean thats a cool job cuz your just throwing crap on your face and getting paid but, for what? some goth boys that wanna put it as their computer wallpaper?

Who really cares what you think, Jona? I mean no one said you had to even acknowledge the women who wear make-up, but you go out of your way to say they have to be hideous if they wear make-up. It's fine to have opinions, but to judge and criticize women who do something because they want to, for whatever reason it may be, is laughable.
no one said you had to respond to my thread, or read it, but you did it anyways didnt you

and i really hope you dont actually think this

"It's fine to have opinions, but to judge and criticize women who do something because they want to, for whatever reason it may be, is laughable."

thats like me telling you judging people that **** woman because they want to is lolable, they can do what they want. what the heck

what do you mean cuz they want to

soo your wife cheats on you cuz she wants to is ok? nah son

you worded that really bad

they dont do it cuz they want to, they do it cuz they have to, they do it because they feel soo insecure they need to try to be the prettiest girl ever. they do it cuz they dont look how they want to look like. they see all the fake girls from hollywood and magazines and stuff and they dont understand, there all fake. none of those girls are that good looking, their skin isnt that perfect. thats why i say its so stupid.

i rather have a girl be her naturally ugly self then trying to copy some fake person from hollywood or a magazine or make up ad, cuz then they look stupid and ugly

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The slightly srs tone of this thread is kinda funny.

I think the only time make up makes such a huge difference is when you're in hollywood, and fake.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Who's we, and what's a "big deal"?

I just see a group of people discuss girls and make-up to find out who shares their opinions and why (a very common thing for social and civilized humans to do) for recreational purposes.
I didn`t mean to upset you,
it seemed we were getting off topic,
me included -.-

Prawn

Smash Master
they dont do it cuz they want to, they do it cuz they have to, they do it because they feel soo insecure they need to try to be the prettiest girl ever. they do it cuz they dont look how they want to look like. they see all the fake girls from hollywood and magazines and stuff and they dont understand, there all fake. none of those girls are that good looking, their skin isnt that perfect. thats why i say its so stupid.
There is no way you have delved into the female psychology enough to make such a bold statement. I think you were trying to be "an internet white knight" here but all you ended up doing was victimizing those who you wished to defend. A lot of girls look better with makeup, and even more are more confident with it on. It's a choice they've made.

With your logic there's no reason to dress in nice looking clothes, or do anything for your appearance, which isn't true. Sure, it may be sad that advertisements are directed towards those with insecurities, but not every woman wears makeup because of their insecurities. For example, 30-40 year old happily married business women?

I think your overreacting and reading too much into high school drama/politics.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
The slightly srs tone of this thread is kinda funny.

I think the only time make up makes such a huge difference is when you're in hollywood, and fake.
you have ever been to school?
or been around girls? like more then 5?
have you ever taken a walk during the day and seen a girl with big high heels and a hug bag?
been to a public place? movies? mall?
ever liked a girl that you thought was pretty but you noticed she had blue on her face?

if you said no to any of these i think you should re evaluate your life

Yaya

Smash Champion
I believe Crimson King means just because they wear make up does not me they are ugly, which is what you are implying, which includes Azua (Shown Above), do you think Azua is ugly? (Standing up for admins ftw.)

This is not true, and it's simple enough to just accept the fact some woman want to put on make-up.

You said you would kill yourself if you had to deal with a wife that did this.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Do you seriously have THAT much of a problem with it?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=1564]Make up is stupid[/drupal]

make up looks so fake. its stupid
i would kill myself if i had to wake up to a hideous wife and wait for her to put on her makeup for me to be able to look at her. if your not naturally pretty make up does not help. it just makes you look stupid.

theres a girl at school that every kid i can think of would love to "bone" if i can say that and if you know what that means. they swear shes the hottest girl at school and that shes just too pretty. if you see her without make up hahaha wow she looks stupid. and even when she puts on make up she looks stupid. if you cant see past the makeup then you dont know who that girl really is. make up is faker then fake. its worse then trying to be someone else. its trying to be someone who doesnt even exist, your trying to be someone you wish you could be. its stupid.

i thank God my girlfriend is naturally beautiful. but she always complains about doing her make up or she needs to fix it blah blah. i always have to tell her babe you look beautiful you dont even need make up stop it

make up is ******** and the girls that cant go outside of the house without it are worse.
You know what, in part I agree with you, but you gotta remember that if a girl feels a bit cleaner or at least "ready" to go out, then it's worth it. It's great that you think your girlfriend is gorgeous without make-up-- I think mine is too. But I don't think that make-up is bad altogether, simply because it makes its wearer feel more comfortable. Granted, this is not the ideal, but it's not terrible.

I find it undesirable for a girl to feel like she NEEDS to wear make-up, because that's a type of chemical dependence to boost confidence. The same is true of alcohol ("Irish Courage" lol).

As well, if you're taking the Christian worldview, then a girl ought to know that she need not modify her outward appearance to find a good guy-- faith in God to provide should suffice. In that sense, it's a matter of conscience: do I wear make-up because I feel like I have to? Or do I wear it for kicks, to "touch up"? Depending on the answer, make-up itself doesn't have to be fake.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I think you are falsely mistaking arrogance in certain superficial people with all people that wear make-up in general. I see what you are saying. I go to high-school. I know annoying *****es that wear make-up, and still have a cocky attitude like they're the ****, but underneath it all, they aren't that hot and have an ugly personality to match.

Still, make-up isn't the enemy here. Those people are just like that, and happen to use make-up as a tool.

One of my best friends is an extremely beautiful blonde. When we go to parties, she still puts on make-up. And, it does improve her already fabulous appearance, making her pretty amazing face look perfectly flawless, and bringing out the depth in her eyes. She's not vain about it, girls primarily do it to get attention from boys. And let's face it: we ALL LIKE GOOD LOOKING WOMEN.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
There is no way you have delved into the female psychology enough to make such a bold statement. I think you were trying to be "an internet white knight" here but all you ended up doing was victimizing those who you wished to defend. A lot of girls look better with makeup, and even more are more confident with it on. It's a choice they've made.

With your logic there's no reason to dress in nice looking clothes, or do anything for your appearance, which isn't true. Sure, it may be sad that advertisements are directed towards those with insecurities, but not every woman wears makeup because of their insecurities. For example, 30-40 year old happily married business women?

I think your overreacting and reading too much into high school drama/politics.
i understand you said female psychology, but im just gonna say this, woman as a whole, are easy. to understand a woman is not hard at all. this is like excluding goth girls lol

have you ever asked a girl why she puts on make up?
ive asked my girl friend, and she told me this
"because i look ugly sometimes"
and to that i said lol
cuz she looks good

if there was a poll about why women wore make up, i think 95 percent would say
"too look pretty" or
"because im not that pretty" or
"im ugly"
"i have bags under my eyes"
"my skin isnt perfect"
"my this is not perfect, my that isnt perfect, IM NOT PERFECT"

the other 5 percent would say because its fun looking like a clown.

"chilLen wit no makeup onnnn ; thatss when your the prettiesttt i hope that you dont takee it wronqq"

quote from some song i forget, taken from a myspace profile lol

i prefer my girl friend to be in my pajamas and without make up and her hair in a pony tail then to be all dressed up with a pound of make up on

preference i guess, but any sensible guy, any guy that knows how to love real beauty knows that make up is stupid.

diig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom