• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majora's Mask Mafia | Game Over!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well, I'm pretty much V/LA from this point forward until an unknown time period. I might get to look at a computer sometime tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not sure.

With Flame gone, we can't do anything but end the Day via lynching Flame, but adumbrodeus is completely silent.

I still don't like ending toDay with a No Lynch. The fact that both of the players I consider to be possible abductors are for it doesn't help, either :p. That said, we don't really have much of an option now with adumbrodeus and FF both missing and Sir Bed pushing for a No Lynch, so, eh.

Happy birthday to me. You guys better be active toMorrow.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Night of the Fourth Day

Day Four Vote Count
[3] No Lynch: FrozenFlame, Overswarm, Sir Bedevere

[1] Not Voting: Adumbrodeus

The night phase will last until Monday, November 22nd at 11:59 PM, so send me your night actions before then! If I get night actions in early, I'll start the day phase early!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Dawn of the Fifth Day

FrozenFlame has been abducted. He is no longer able to talk or vote. He will not count towards the vote count and can not be lynched or killed in any way, outside of modkills. Any information regarding whether he can or will return to the game can not be given.

With three players remaining it will take two to lynch. The deadline has been set for Friday, December 3rd at 3:00 PM.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Did you get an investigation result, Bed?

It goes without saying, but no one vote.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I got innocent.

I can only assume that the situation is one of the following things:

-my investigations are true and proves that FF is town, and thus there must be an abductor and a mafiat between OS and adum (I'm assuming mafia still exist, since I don't think X1 is mafia and abductor probably would have priority). My guilty on OS must mean he is mafia, and thus, adum can only logically be abductor.

-my investigation(s) was(were) flawed in some way, because I was redirected, hit a godfather, or got manipulated by some other role that caused me to get the wrong results. I kinda doubt it since, if OS is correct, and Hilt is the type who dislikes those kinds of roles, those roles might not exist at all. But it does mean I'd like more information before we do anything.

Is claiming a good idea? I'd like to hear from the both of you before we do that (just in case you have a super awesome case you've been holding back >.>), but if we decide not to and this day doesn't progress, you all know who I'm voting.

*warning sirens*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So you got an alignment back despite Frozen Flame being abducted?

@mod
Can an abducted player be targetted with an ability?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
vote Sir Bedevere

You claimed to have investigated Frozen Flame, but an abducted player may not be the target of any action. If you had really targetted him, your result would have failed.

GG, sir.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
wat

How do you know so much about this game's action priorities, OS? You saying you know for certain that the abduction happens before the investigation?

I got a result, so I know that it doesn't. I asked Hilt about whether I had priority over abductions, but just like with the "mafia kill over abductions" question, he didn't answer. I can only assume that the investigation happens before abductions.

I'd appreciate you unvoting and having us not losing for stupid meta reasons. I think adum is our abductor and would not like votes put anywhere but him (until he comes back or gets replaced/modkilled), so uh, let's not make risky business like this?

/ridiculous busy johns

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, you're panicking.

"How do you know so much about the game's action priorities, OS? HUH? HUH?"

"I think adumbrodeus is the abductor"

In the same freakin' post.

Yesterday? "I think one of you three is the abductor"

You're keeping all of your options open, you haven't been consistent, and the mod just said you can't target people who have been abducted. I find it incredibly more likely that you're the abductor and you just played a risky Cop gambit. I have no reason to believe adumbrodeus is the abductor at the moment.

Care to fill me in rather than say "adumbrodeus is the abductor"?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Yesterday? "I think one of you three is the abductor"
This is a blatant lie. I made it perfectly clear that I thought you were mafia, and thus, not the abductor. I was confident enough in this that I even said "GG if you're the abductor". Don't misrepresent my stances.

I think I made it pretty clear, both toDay and yesterDay, that I was starting to come around to the idea of adum as abductor being very possible and likely, and with FF gone and innocent, barring role-manipulating involvement, he's now the only possible candidate in my eyes. I made it even more clear with this, even though you have to imply a little:

you all know who I'm voting.

*warning sirens*
I'm still waiting for a(ny) post from him (which now may or may not include a vote >.>), and possibly a claim since I don't see myself voting you in the future without more info.

and the mod just said you can't target people who have been abducted.
...But FF wasn't abducted when I investigated him by the result of priorities. Or at least, that's the only conclusion I can come to. lrn2readpls.

You also have to ask yourself why "I, the abductor", who should know most about my own rules and limitations, would make a stupid "mistake" like this. Like seriously, look at what's happened toDay: you made 3 posts and "deduced" I was the abductor from 2 other posts. If I got "caught" that easily, that's not a "risky" gambit, that's being a moron. And what's my gain if no one notices? If people blindly follow the cop by lynching an innocent (lol), I win?

^I know that's "why would I do X as Y?" WIFOMy business, but seriously, that kind of super high risk/almost nonexistent reward situation should make what you're suggesting unlikely.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Give it up, Bed. -_-;;

Unless adumbrodeus gets killed for inactivity, you're dead.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've read through the entire game twice. You are the person I believe to be the abductor. You waited until the last second to claim cop, leading me to believe that it could have been a gambit. Then, to top it all off, you claim to have gotten a result on FF. If you had said "I got no result, he was abducted" I'd have had to make a tough call... but I have no reason to believe the cop, of all roles, would possibly outrank the abductor in terms of NAR.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
You're suggesting I should have claimed at another time?

When?

When I was almost lynched D2, and I had already crumbed who I investigated completely, so that, on the offchance I wasn't lynched, I wouldn't have to out myself?

YesterDay, when no lynching and going into the Night with the mafia/abductor not knowing who I needed to investigate/not knowing I was an investigative role was entirely beneficial, and when I had no idea of what the abductor would come up as?

This isn't a standard game. 11-person abductor hell is not standard. The mafia's kill, the abductor's abduction, and the jailer's jailing abilities all make my investigations a lot less useful and potentially blanks, and there could be even more disruptive roles. The fact that abductors show up as innocent is even worse. Metaing the set-up in lylo is one of the worst decisions you can make.

If you think I'm abductor for reasons outside of that, and you don't believe my role, fine; I'm doing the same thing with adum, pretty much. But don't risk the game on that assumption without even talking with the person who is both in control of the outcome of this game and has not said a single word all Day.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You know how I know you're the abductor?

You didn't vote adumbrodeus. After all of this, you haven't voted for him once. Yesterday was No Lynch. ToDay? Arguments against me calling you the abductor all over the place, yeah. You repeatedly claim that you think adumbrodeus is the abductor, but guess what?

No voting for adumbrodeus.

No convincing me to vote for adumbrodeus.

Just posts like this:

:/

adum win yet?
To top it all off, you've claimed cop (meaning you know two players' alignments, yourself and mine), meaning there's only one option left.

But really? You claiming to have an investigation result when I know you wouldn't get a result is what did it for me. If someone is removed from the game, they can't be a target, whether by death, abduction, "hiding" ability, whatever.

Now we're just waiting on Adumbrodeus to come back from V/LA.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Gee, sure looks like you're just completely ignoring my responses. You say I'm not consistent, but you keep attacking me on different, progressively weaker points every time I rebut another one of your arguments.

Not voting adum?

Holy **** dude, how about READING MY POSTS HMMMM SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

Is claiming a good idea? I'd like to hear from the both of you before we do that (just in case you have a super awesome case you've been holding back >.>), but if we decide not to and this day doesn't progress, you all know who I'm voting.

*warning sirens*
Waiting on a claim. Not jumping on someone's bandwagon just because their shoes are untied or whatever other reasons you'll come up with and quicklynching into a loss. That's how you lose games.

I already made a minicase on adum yesterDay after my reread, and I've already explained why I think you're mafia (and thus, adum is abductor). If you want me to ISO adum and make a case, fine, but saying "GG, sir" and "Unless adumbrodeus gets killed for inactivity, you're dead" does not make proving adum as the abductor my top priority (though in hindsight, it logically should have been <.>).

If someone is removed from the game, they can't be a target, whether by death, abduction, "hiding" ability, whatever.
WOAH NO WAY

NOT LIKE THE MOD HASN'T ALREADY SAID THAT

OR IT ISN'T COMPLETELY LOGICAL

Priorities appear to be different in this game. You can believe me, or you can not, but I truly don't understand why your vote is on me for so small a reason.

please please die adum ;-;

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Priorities appear to be different in this game. You can believe me, or you can not, but I truly don't understand why your vote is on me for so small a reason.
That isn't small.

that's like lynching a guy and saying "I targetted (guy we lynched), got innocent!".

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
To me it is. :/ If I were in your position, I don't think I would be going after me the way you are now for the reasons you are now, although obviously, you're going to be taking me saying this with a grain of salt.

Point is, you either believe me or you don't, and it's pretty clear you don't, so I really don't know what to do if that's the only reason you think I'm scummy.

adum's back, so we'll see if this game is over.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
From how I see it, you were confirmed by the mod to be lying. That isn't that hard to figure out.

It's not the "only reason". Did you forget the entirety of yesterday? You were L-1 and then adumb didn't hammer.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, yes I'm back.

I'm tending to believe Bedevere's claim at the moment, he dropped some good breadcrumbs and being called a godfather makes sense now, but doing an extensive reread of Overswarm for right now and figuring it out.,

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
My thoughts from yesterday about the possibility of the abductor being immune to RBing of any sort still hold, and no, I haven't gotten to parsing the content from today yet, it will be factored in at the end of my reread.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What do you think of bedevere claiming to get a result from frozenflame?

That seals it for me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh, and btw, Bed?

I told you so. If adumbrodeus was indie, he'd have hammered, no?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually, noticed that you said that it doesn't last game day, rushed post there, had to catch a train. I have an idea, but i need to think on it a bit to fully form it, I'll get back to you guys hopefully when i get out of work.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Nope, it doesn't. hurr durr pre-emptive ninja

Seems I do have something confirmed, though.

Vote: OS

I was half-expecting this to happen, and I'm 100% glad I didn't vote adum now. In fact, you putting so much stress on me not voting for adum was what really started to make me doubt my confidence in your being mafia. Be pretty easy to win if I just caved in to the pressure you were putting on me, rather than have adum come in and make the decision (as he's doing now), right?

Your case on me toDay has been super shaky, and I dare you to come back and rebut all the responses I made to your points. You seemed all too ready to take any excuse to put me in a bad light (trying to play up the case to adum when he gets back, perhaps even lead up to the pressure on me to vote adum), and though you keep harping on about me getting a result, that really seems to be all to your case, and again, I don't see it as much (and it appears adum doesn't either, though I think he's still reading/processing this).

You were the only one yesterDay to have any doubts about no lynching, and as the abductor, you'd have the most to lose from no lynching, since, as I explained, its statistically better for town/mafia to no lynch (and seeing as no one rebut that, I'm assuming it was true).

As for what it means for my investigations, I assume some sort of interruptive role did something (not a godfather, if OS is right about Hilt, although the way adum keeps mentioning it is kinda making me lol). It's also possible that I can only get a guilty on the abductor (the wording/flavour of my role is vague enough that it might be possible); having priority over the abductor would then mean very little, since I either get a guilty after being abducted (and by the time I can tell anyone, my guilty would have had to been killed or we'd already lost), or my result leads me to making bad decisions ("player X was abducted and is innocent, so we won't lynch him"). Either that or X1 is mafia, but I doubt it.

Gonna read up and make a case on OS soon.

btw adum, don't claim. I know I said I was waiting for one from you, but I hadn't realized that when you came back, you'd either win or you would have to decide between me and OS, i.e. you wouldn't be the play. hurr durr hindsight

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I was half-expecting this to happen, and I'm 100% glad I didn't vote adum now. In fact, you putting so much stress on me not voting for adum was what really started to make me doubt my confidence in your being mafia. Be pretty easy to win if I just caved in to the pressure you were putting on me, rather than have adum come in and make the decision (as he's doing now), right?
That's what I was pointing out. You had every reason to vote adumbrodeus and said "grrr, he's confirmed abductor" and then... didn't vote. You literally had the golden opportunity to vote, and you didn't. I was able to vote because adumbrodeus is not the abductor.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I don't even understand what point you're trying to make, OS. Are you saying you know he isn't the abductor? That's great, because I know he isn't either, since I realize now it has to be you.

...Unless adum doesn't know I'm at L-1. >.>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*facepalm*

YOU are the abductor, Bed. I knew this yesterday. I knew it toDay. I know adumbrodeus wasn't the abductor, and I know you pulled a gambit with the cop claim. You got lucky, but your claim doesn't make any sense AND it breaks the rules of every mafia game I've ever been in.

I can vote for you because I know adumbrodeus isn't the abductor. I know I'm not the abductor. So.... that leaves you. Adumbrodeus would never quickhammer in lylo as town, and he also plays to win so he's not just teasing us.

Bed, you claimed to have

A) investigated all of us that made it to lylo (ain't that a coincidence), but just happened to not get a result for frozenflame when you investigated him
B) claimed cop only AFTER you were at L-1 despite A (which would have made yesterday simple, as it was a choice between two players if you were telling the truth)
C) said "whoa whoa, let's no lynch today" using investigating FF as an excuse, FF gets abducted, and you say "I got an innocent, it must be adumbrodeus!"
D) You don't vote for adumbrodeus despite claiming to have gotten a mafia result for me, you being the cop, leaving only adumbrodeus. You know what you were waiting for? Me to vote adumbrodeus. If I had, the game would have been over. Any strong townie would have voted for adumbrodeus immediately in your situation (not to mention claim cop at lylo ASAP)
E) After I prove that adumbrodeus isn't the abductor by voting for you and letting him post, you then immediately forego absolutely everything you believed prior and then claim that I must be the abductor.

tl;dr

Your play has been anything but town play, and you tunneled on adumbrodeus until I forced you to do otherwise. At that point, you suddenly change what you "know". You went on all day today saying "I KNOW you're scum, so adumbrodeus MUST be the abductor", and once I prove to you that adumb isn't the abductor, what you "know" suddenly isn't there any more. As a townie, would you really have gone straight for adumbrodeus if the possibility of me being the abductor existed? No townie would. Yet you were so convinced you knew with 100% certainty that adumbrodeus was the abductor.

You also didn't ask me to claim, which I find interesting.

But still, you can't target players that have been abducted. This sealed it for me.

adumb, I'll answer any questions you have, but I still plan on mafia winning this game after the abductor is gone.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Bedevere SAID you were mafia cause he said that was the cop investigation, I don't remember you actually CLAIMING mafia. Maybe I missed it, admittedly, been a bit distracted recently (already explained the issue that caused my specific absence to Hilt and I'll explain it to you privately OS), but I don't think I would've missed that (feel free to point it out though). You claiming mafia changes things.

I don't believe you overswarm, I know your meta as mafia, I can almost always read you like a book, but I've never encountered indie overswarm before so this accounts for my lack of a solid read here. Also, there's no way I'm gonna believe that wagon that almost lynched you wasn't mafia supported.

I'll do a reread just to be sure, but now I'm almost positive that you're lying, and sir bedevere is telling the truth. Still, FF is obvious-scum, so he's probably a godfather (which mean's that bedevere gets guilty on indies, good to know).

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
*facepalm*

I can vote for you because I know adumbrodeus isn't the abductor. I know I'm not the abductor. So.... that leaves you. Adumbrodeus would never quickhammer in lylo as town, and he also plays to win so he's not just teasing us.
blah blah blah I could say the same about you. If that's what you meant in your 950, you're spouting nothings.

Bed, you claimed to have

A) investigated all of us that made it to lylo (ain't that a coincidence), but just happened to not get a result for frozenflame when you investigated him
In MXC mafia, I targeted every single mafia and the only remaining PR that could be recruited.

In Sonic mafia, every single person I targeted with my note ability was still alive when I claimed.

In Halo mafia, Mentos literally attempted to mason everyone the mafia killed.

Unlikelihood is not reason for falsehood, only doubt. Don't use the "how convenient" shtick on me.

B) claimed cop only AFTER you were at L-1 despite A (which would have made yesterday simple, as it was a choice between two players if you were telling the truth)
I'm not going to lean on my PR to win the game. Following the cop has never been completely safe, even if the cop is yourself. And again, I had no idea what the abductor showed up as at the time.

Claim at the beginning of yesterDay? OK, now we know that either FF, you, adum or me can be the abductor.

That accomplishes so much.

C) said "whoa whoa, let's no lynch today" using investigating FF as an excuse, FF gets abducted, and you say "I got an innocent, it must be adumbrodeus!"
aka "how convenient" hurr durr

D) You don't vote for adumbrodeus despite claiming to have gotten a mafia result for me, you being the cop, leaving only adumbrodeus. You know what you were waiting for? Me to vote adumbrodeus. If I had, the game would have been over. Any strong townie would have voted for adumbrodeus immediately in your situation (not to mention claim cop at lylo ASAP)
You're using the "if X happened we would have lost" WIFOM?

Not mafia, guilty. My READ on you was mafia, and I even admit yesterDay in my mini-analysis on you that part of the reason I thought you were mafia could also apply if you were abductor.

E) After I prove that adumbrodeus isn't the abductor by voting for you and letting him post, you then immediately forego absolutely everything you believed prior and then claim that I must be the abductor.
You want me to continue to push adum and deny that he can't be the abductor?

Voting you was only logical after adum didn't instahammer. I read you and adum wrong.

Your play has been anything but town play, and you tunneled on adumbrodeus until I forced you to do otherwise. At that point, you suddenly change what you "know". You went on all day today saying "I KNOW you're scum, so adumbrodeus MUST be the abductor", and once I prove to you that adumb isn't the abductor, what you "know" suddenly isn't there any more. As a townie, would you really have gone straight for adumbrodeus if the possibility of me being the abductor existed? No townie would. Yet you were so convinced you knew with 100% certainty that adumbrodeus was the abductor.

You also didn't ask me to claim, which I find interesting.
I haven't changed what I "know".

All I know is I have a guilty on you, and an innocent on everyone else, and now, the fact that adum hasn't voted me means that you have to be the abductor. I didn't "know" you were mafia; I made a read on you and stuck with it, and when I realized that read had to be false, I corrected it. Would you have done different?

I went straight for adum because my read on him was abductor. If I thought you were town/mafia, why would I attack you, or ask for only you to claim? If I knew for sure you were townie/mafia, why didn't I vote adum when doing so would have meant your win if you were abductor?

What does me being "convinced" that adum was the abductor prove, exactly?

But still, you can't target players that have been abducted. This sealed it for me.
blah blah blah get over it

adumb, I'll answer any questions you have, but I still plan on mafia winning this game after the abductor is gone.
you claiming mafia is interesting

in that you never did it yesterday

who did you try to NK N2?

why is town not just going to immediately kill you toMorrow assuming i'm abductor and you lynch me? i.e. why'd you give town a chance to catch up? not that i'm complaining, nor is that going to happen :p

what kind of crazy mafia PR do you have that made you so worried about no lynching yesterDay, and had you heavily hinting at you having a PR?

why'd you unvote? it's you or me man

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Bedevere SAID you were mafia cause he said that was the cop investigation, I don't remember you actually CLAIMING mafia. Maybe I missed it, admittedly, been a bit distracted recently (already explained the issue that caused my specific absence to Hilt and I'll explain it to you privately OS), but I don't think I would've missed that (feel free to point it out though). You claiming mafia changes things.

I don't believe you overswarm, I know your meta as mafia, I can almost always read you like a book, but I've never encountered indie overswarm before so this accounts for my lack of a solid read here. Also, there's no way I'm gonna believe that wagon that almost lynched you wasn't mafia supported.

I'll do a reread just to be sure, but now I'm almost positive that you're lying, and sir bedevere is telling the truth. Still, FF is obvious-scum, so he's probably a godfather (which mean's that bedevere gets guilty on indies, good to know).
If you saw how scum was set up in this game, you'd be a bit more understanding.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you claiming mafia is interesting

in that you never did it yesterday

who did you try to NK N2?
No comment on mafia actions.

And you said I was scum yesterday; I didn't stop you. It was kind of understood.

why is town not just going to immediately kill you toMorrow assuming i'm abductor and you lynch me? i.e. why'd you give town a chance to catch up? not that i'm complaining, nor is that going to happen :p
They will.

why'd you unvote? it's you or me man
Adumbrodeus' question felt like a setup for something; I felt it was obvious I was mafia after you said "I got a guilty on OS" and I didn't claim miller or immediately debunk you. When he acted surprised, I unvoted because I thought have overlooked something.

what kind of crazy mafia PR do you have that made you so worried about no lynching yesterDay, and had you heavily hinting at you having a PR?
Why are you rolefishing? Why wouldn't you just ask me to claim?

adumbrodeus said:
If you didn't pick up on me being mafia this game, you haven't been paying attention. Go re-read that wagon on me carefully.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
oh man this looks fun

No comment on mafia actions.

And you said I was scum yesterday; I didn't stop you. It was kind of understood.
You didn't deny my guilty.

My guilty on you doesn't mean you're mafia. It means you're scum.

You not reacting to it was really weird. As mafia, I'd expected you to have made at least SOME type of claim against it, but you didn't. I thought you were being OS and keeping to yourself, and I had my read on you and was fine with you as you were, so I ignored you.

But keeping silent as abductor makes more sense, because of course, you'd rather claim anything BUT the abductor, as you won't need to verify it if you win.

And claiming mafia seems crazy enough that it just might work.

But it won't. D:

They will.
So rather than try and push for my lynch in the normal way (which you've been failing at), you just decide to claim mafia (and not town because why?), make your odds at winning the game much worse assuming what you're saying is true, and give town a 100% clear in adum?

That sounds like it works out AMAZINGLY well for you.

Adumbrodeus' question felt like a setup for something; I felt it was obvious I was mafia after you said "I got a guilty on OS" and I didn't claim miller or immediately debunk you. When he acted surprised, I unvoted because I thought have overlooked something.

It's you or me, OS.

You going to vote adum now or something?

You going to use logic now or something?

Why are you rolefishing? Why wouldn't you just ask me to claim?
Just like to remind you that you made it very clear yesterDay that you had information that made you believe we might lose the game during the Night, AND that abductor was between me and FF, and not adum. Would love to hear what scum role fits in with all that.

And why were you worried about losing in the Night if you're in control of the kill? :)

If you didn't pick up on me being mafia this game, you haven't been paying attention. Go re-read that wagon on me carefully.
LOL

wow

soooo you've purposefully been having you and your scummate (which sounds like it would be Swiss, so great job outing both you and your scummate, I'm sure this is working toward your winon) dropping hints at you being mafia so that

what?

you can claim mafia in lylo and not get lynched?

genius

you really should have fakeclaimed town, os

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
adum, I can make a case on OS if you need it to convince you, but I'd rather not, since OS seems intent on flailing around by himself, and I'm lazy. :D

I'd also appreciate you coming to a decision on who to lynch by tomorrow night. Deadline is in 2 days, and if your internet craps out on you, we're screwed. If possible, have someone like Praxis available to vote in your place in case you're too busy or can't access a computer.

/lolbossy

Top Bottom