• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Claims thus far:

Raziek - Link, Deku (at the moment), Town JoaT
th3kuzinator - Lulu, Zora, VT
Red Ryu - Business Scrub, Deku, VT
dabuz - Toto - Zora, VT
Nabe - ???, Unclassified, Town Hider
Circus - Mayor Dotour, Human, Town Census Taker (Or whatever is was called)
Werekill - Goron Elder, Goron, Town Sane Cop
Acrostic - Madame Aroma, Human, VT
Inferno3044 - Sakon, Human, Town Jailkeeper
Ok, so here's our list.

Circus Census'd 5 humans and 3 unclassifieds Night 1.

Humans:

Panta - Confirmed
Solid - Confirmed
Circus
Acrostic
Inferno

So nothing sticks out there. One of them might be scum and human, but no immediate race discrepancies.

Unclassifieds:

John - Confirmed
Nabe
???

One of our unclassifieds isn't present, which means someone in the other groups is lying.

My Lynch Pool (No particular order):

Kuz - Two Zora VTs and a cleared Dabuz is a problem.
Ryu - Claimed VT, but didn't CC me. Only "cleared" by Nabe.
Nabe - Unverifiable role. Could be one of the Unclassifieds fakeclaiming as the same race.
Inferno - Hella Sketchy role, Unverifiable jails.
Acrostic - J claimed poisoner.

Circus, do you have a census result to narrow things down further?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I suppose Werekill is technically unverified, but I've had a Town read on him all game and I'm not going to lynch un-CC'd cop.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Remember, Ryu is town now. If Nabe is town, Ryu is town. If Nabe is mafia, Ryu is town (since TBLOCK was mafia we only have one mafia left now). If Nabe is somehow indy and lying about Ryu being town, well there is a very low chance Ryu can be mafia.

We basically know that Ryu isn't mafia.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
When did I ever say this?
You didn't. Werekill claimed an Inno on Dabuz.
And you aren't taking tblock into account on the race analysis who could be the last unclassified.
If memory serves, Circus said he wasn't sure if his census included T-Block or not. If it does, that would take care of that problem.

Ryu isn't cleared because Nabe isn't. I was debating taking him out of the lynch pool since it's unlikely that they're both Scum, but left him in just because I as on the fence.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If Nabe is somehow indy and lying about Ryu being town, well there is a very low chance Ryu can be mafia.
10characters. Like I said, I consider it unlikely, and I'm not lynching him today for sure, but it's still a possibility given how I've perceived his play.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
One of Nabe or Inferno are scum. Hider and Commuter are considered protectives. I just realized we had three protective claims in a 15 man game.

Yeah, no.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm down for either of those lynches. Nabe's would give us the most info, but I wouldn't be surprised if Inferno's the abductor.

Kuz, what are your thoughts on there being two Zora VTs, but one of every other race? (sans unclassified)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
1. Raziek - Link, Deku (currently), Town JoaT
2. T-Block - ???, ??? - Abducted N1 - Claimed guilty by Werekill
3. th3kuzinator - Lulu, Zora, VT
4. Xastrn (Dastrn/Xatres) - Jim, Human, Mafia Hobo, D1 Lynch
5. ¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯ - Kaffei, Human, Town Lost Lover, Poison Death N2
6. Panta - Anju, Human, Town Lost Lover, Suicide N2

7. Red Ryu - Business Scrub, Deku, VT - Claimed Inno by Nabe
8. dabuz - Toto, Zora, VT - Claimed Inno by Werekill
9. Nabe - ??? (Stock Pot toilet hand), Unclassified, Town Hider
10. Circus - Mayor Dotour, Human, Town Census Taker
11. Werekill - Goron Elder, Goron, Town Sane Cop
12. John2k4 - Sea Turtle, Unclassified, Town Even Night Commuter, D2 Lynch
13. Kantrip - Goron Elder's Son, Goron, VT, NK'd Night 2
14. Acrostic - Madame Aroma, Human, VT - Note: J claimed Poisoner
15. Inferno3044 - Sakon, Human, Town Jailkeeper

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ugh, going to re-post with different auto-text color.

Only those who are mod-confirmed by their alignment are green.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I have no idea. But there is little motivation for town or mafia to carry off this gambit. My honest answer is that I don't really understand what J was doing and the night kill hypothesis was my attempt at pushing a rational answer based on the quote given.
It's scummy that you're legitimizing J's poisoner claim as a potential actual play, rather than casting it off as a clear and obvious joke. By suggesting that J might have rationally claimed poisoner and had reason to do so, then you're suggesting to everyone that J had reason to think there was poison in the game, and you're also suggesting that our cries of "poisoner, poisoner" have actual merit since you're treating them as such.

This was a fake push, obviously. Reactions cast Acrostic in a poor light and Inferno in a good one, seeing how he didn't grab onto it. He reads shallowly, and as scum, he might've seen this as an opportunity rather than something to toss aside.

#HBC | Nabe

Well, I don't know, but one decent answer that strikes me is simply the idea that targetting Kantrip would be relatively likely to work. Keep in mind that scum's kill failed on N1 for some reason (to be honest, I'm guessing that they tried targetting you, Nabe). To them, that may have hinted a doc protect. Kantrip's a good choice if you're trying to hit a relatively smart/talkative townie, but one who also is less likely to be protected.
I thought the same on Day 2. But after learning of poison, I think it's also possible that the mafia has or had poison, and that they needed to skip their regular night kill on N1 to actuate it. This would explain the lack of nightkill N1 without them having targeted me.

The only other option for poisoner is if it lies in an indy pair; the abductor can't be poisoner on his own, because poison is a Night-delayed kill and the abductor was busy abducting T-block on N1. And the poisoner can't be a separate indy from the abductor because then the setup's balance would be frayed.

#HBC | Nabe

Lol. Sane cop, even-commuter, jailkeeper. My role is almost useless with these claims, I wasn't expecting this spread at all.

We shouldn't lynch Inferno. He's a claimed jailkeeper, dude will die toNight.

Werekill's claim checks with all his play during this game. And Goron Elder is exactly the Goron I expected to see.

Werekill, you get results of innocent and guilty? That's how they're phrased?

#HBC | Nabe

If abductor and poisoner were an indy pair though, definitely bonus points to the K&K idea, the only snag being the green colour since otherwise it works out thematically. To my memory, there are nondescript pots of green sludge sitting outside their store, but I can't imagine X1 going so deep as to take non-named elements and give them specific importance.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't really see abductor making sense for them, is the problem. The only claimed role that looks like abductor is Inferno as Sakon.

I mean yeah, setup WIFOM. I'm impatient to hear Circus' result now that the massclaim is complete.

#HBC | Nabe

If it were an indy pair, X1 would let it fit. X1 loves indies and specifically poisoner, he had a love affair with the role on AIM a while back and it was probably around the time he wrote this setup. He would stretch the theme to fit an indy pair, especially considering their identities from OoT where they do in fact abduct Nabooru.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Census result is necessary at this juncture, because it's very likely there's a Deku poisoner lying about their race. The poison was specifically green, and the color mention doesn't make sense with any other race.
What character would be a deku poisoner? Also im confused that of all dekus to put in its just business scrub. No deku king nor deku princess.

:phone:

#HBC | Nabe

Deku poisoner would be another flavour stretch. Bear in mind, no characters in MM are specifically evil aside from Majora and the bosses. Looking at Xastrn's flip of Jim as scum, this is going to be a game that stretches believability of theme -- which is a good tactic on X1's part, setup should trump theme wherever gameplay is a factor and would otherwise suffer. But X1 clearly made the game fit the race claim mechanic, and consequently the game seems to be breakable by massclaim.

#HBC | Nabe

Only those who are mod-confirmed by their alignment are green.
Claims, flavour-wise:
Link
Kafei
Anju
Dotour
Aroma
Sakon
Jim
Business Scrub
Goron Elder
Goron Elder's Son
Lulu
Toto
???
Sea Turtle
(Unknown T-block Character)

Census was 5 Humans -- Jim was dead and Link was a Deku (fits NAR, all roles trump Inspect-type). 3 Unclassified -- maybe T-block was Unclassified, which suggests that the remaining scum has matching race as their safeclaim. Otherwise, one race liar (Deku @ Poisoner?)

Census ensures that scum has a hard time faking race, which only stunts the mafia claim structure when mafia members start dying and they start losing parts of their racial claim pool. Regardless, mafia will likely stick to fakeclaiming within their race rather than get found out, so their claims are race-stunted in general. This actually suggests indy pair rather than mafia poisoner who's a Deku liar.

Solo indy is likely stuck within race as well -- which implies a strong ability to back it up. BP Abductor is strong but seems insufficient, it falls apart upon asking for provability except if the fakeclaim is VT. Solo BP Abductor therefore implies that VT is plentiful as an actual role for the sake of the fakeclaim being believable.

If T-block is Unclassified Mafia, who is his character? Potential unclassified characters in MM include anyone not of the main races: Beaver Bros, cows, cuccos, Epona, Flat or Sharp (potentially), Garos, Igos du Ikana (potentially), Kaepora Gaebora, Keaton, Majora, Monkeys, Poe Collector, Scarecrow, Skull Keeta (potentially), Skull Kid (potentially), Tael, Tatl, Tingle (potentially), as well as ??? and Sea Turtle. None of these strikes me as more obvious than the other as a scum role to be grouped with Jim, but we can probably get rid of several malevolent presences, and Beaver Bros, and cows or Epona. Within the realm of possibility then, an Unclassified Mafia T-block would be a Cucco, Keaton, a monkey, Scarecrow, Majora/Skull Kid, or Tingle.

If there's a Deku liar, it's the King or the Butler due to motive, the Princess being unlikely. In general it's irrelevant what specific character this would be.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RR, I have already answered this question. If you are dissatisfied with the response, then point out what you dislike and I'll clarify. If you are unhappy with my clarification, then we can continue a discussion from there. I'll take on any questions or accusations, but I would appreciate to see the criteria behind your thought process as it is often difficult to read your slot.

@Nabe: Did you crumb who you hid behind / were planning on hiding behind?
You didn't give an answer I found believable.

More so you defending the claim rather than passing off a joke like it would have been had you not commented like you did.

Instead you said he claimed Indy, to anyone reading that it didn't look like a claim, you passed it like a claim when no one said he claimed indy poisoner.

That is why I didn't like what you said.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only thing that bugs me is what Raziek's powers will do, it seems worthless to do those things unless there is a scum role that involved specific times, like the moon falling or something like that.

Changing classes I'm not sure either, all it does is mess up the cencus.

Top Bottom