• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

JeXs

Smash Champion
Levi has 2 votes that can be separated?
DAY 1, VOTING LIST

(2) Bunzy - Leviathan, Jexs

(1)Leviathan - Bunzy

(1) Jexs - Bardull,

(2) Protean - Leviathan, Murderbush

Not voting - Frozen/Gheb, J, Alakaslam, Gova, Werekill, Admidamaru, Protean

with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynche
Deadline is July 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST
[Modified rule of Rule 2 for voting]

2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Evil Eye. (You can also vote for another player, negating your previous vote Vote: Marshy Vote: Macman)

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Laundry, why did you instantly react instead of letting the interactions play out? If you felt Jex would not have jumped to our play, why stop it then and there instead of letting it play out so you can actually observe our slot better?

Alakaslam, please, for my sanity, I do not need your incredible amounts of zaniness. In normal circumstances I wouldn't give a **** but I have to read you. Cut back on the eccentricity and only post what's necessary.
What would these 'normal circumstances' be?

Pinning you down? I was asking a legitimate question that you just answered. I'm pretty bad at telling when rvs starts and ends, so I was asking.
I think about the time Laundry/Gorf made that case on me. RVS is everything before things get serious. I do think you should try to actually put a vote down in RVS instead of simply saying 'hi'. (This is something I have observed from you, even the disco social game)

I know J, Werekill, and Gova have expressed some discomfort with the slot so this should not be difficult. Amidamaru needs to weigh in on this due to his unique perspective as the one being attacked along with his squire J being able to assist us with this direction.
I think my slot has already weighed in on Protein. The other head (me) is working on it.

5.] I have not forgotten about Bunzy The Inquisitor nor his Great Waste of Bandwidth on the latter half of page 3 where he asks inane questions that prove to be fruitless which only gets worse when we realize that he has said nothing about far more interesting events past this. He is still the one I would love to see hang the most despite the length of the accusations I have towards Protean. That said, I find it highly unlikely that both of these candidates are Town and would be ecstatic to line them at the gallows and follow through consecutively.
How does that make him scum at this point in time? How confident are you on the Dabooze read?

Since Ran has entered the thread I'm feeling better about Ami. Seeing Ran make moves clears up some of the questions about the slot because I can see Ran's thought process behind these actions. Zen with a hidden objective sends up red flags.

:substitute:

I'm wondering. You seemed to assume it was Ran earlier in the thread. I assume that was the case when you posted your case, no? How does that change your 'case'? Rather what aspects does it change.

ebwop: "talk to me on skype" refers to he and i hydraing in ryker's game my bad

Hmm? So did you mean to say something else in place of that, or was that a scumslip? I'm just wondering why you tied that in with asking for his thoughts on me/me.

this actually changes a lot and it's good to know
How so? Why is it good to know? How's this tie in to reads on Jex/me?

murder n levi are cool
Extrapolate.

The question I have is why make a pressure wagon on a player and a person that I've seen in the past literally ask people how he should react? You won't get him to scrumble off pressure like that so if you're expecting him to drop newbscum tells off a simple pressure wagon, it's not gonna work, and both Zen and Ran should've known this. That's where my initial issue lied with them and soured the weird scumlist and follow-up pressure. I'd understand it if it was somebody that has a history of jumping one way or another but Jexs is so far the opposite of that type of person that it just seemed like a waste of time.

Again, I ask, why did you interrupt so early? Why not see it play out and then reveal your cards? It seemed a bit pre-mature.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@#HBC | Leviathan: My reads are weak. I agree with Werekill that there isn't enough things to react to. Put simply, nothing sticks out to me. It's especially so since I'm the first big push of RVS. I need more content from the other players in the game. Why do you ask for my reads? How are you reading me?

@ Dabuz Dabuz : What are your current opinions on us/protein/levi/jexy?

@ JeXs JeXs : You haven't commeted since the case has risen. Tell me your updated thoughts on the game state. Updates on me/levi/protein/werekill/murder.

@BarDulL: I see you catching up. Keep on keepin' on. I want to see your thoughts bro.

@mUrDErBUSh: I'll help you if you help me read Levi. Meaning, what's your take on him? If you need more time I can give it to you.

@Alakaslam: Yo bro. Who's scum bro? Anything pinging your gut?

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Laundry, why did you instantly react instead of letting the interactions play out? If you felt Jex would not have jumped to our play, why stop it then and there instead of letting it play out so you can actually observe our slot better?
because i didn't think the interactions themselves were very, for lack of better word, genuine. when you walk in with some guy randomly at the top of a scumlist in your first post it's really hard to believe that you're just feeling the slot out.

What would these 'normal circumstances' be?.
out of game

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
@ Protean- Protean- I'll let Raz go into why exactly he doesn't like you. I literally cannot believe you expect me to believe that the motivations you've claimed for your actions are legitimate. Zen putting Jexs on a random scumlist (with me as the leading suspect no less) is a scumtell? The bet he mentioned is worthy of any sort of acknowledgement? Ran's posts did ANYTHING to effect your read on Zen?
for a guy who reads so much your lack of comprehension here is astounding

for the last time, no. the fact that he had you at the top means that there was already some zen-esque shenanigans beyond, which is why my read was null rather than erring on the side of scummy. i simply pressed the issue because i didn't like the fact that zen was being null and the actions when looked at outside of who was posting them seemed suspect enough to question.

Tell me straight. Why did you originally move on Zen?
because i thought his actions seemed weird and therefore i wanted to question him.

Why are you scrambling to justify it after the fact instead of coming out with your real reasoning in the first place?
oddly enough i was writing a post that was explaining why zen's initial wagon choice of jexs seemed weird but deleted it because i thought it wasn't necessary. i was wrong.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
But it was simply a vote without reason. What about it seemed not genuine?
target didn't seem random and could have been a preordained movement to get the two of you through rvs without problems, who knows. i'm spitballing but when i walk into a thread and see some guy has some bogus scumlist in his first post and then immediately jumps a guy second on it i get red flags. sorry

JeXs

Smash Champion
I will post.more when I get home in about 2 hours. I despise posting from phone.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I would understand if Jex gave you a reason to read the slot one way and thought there could have been on reason for voting him, but at that point there was no reasoning along with it. There would have been no reason to actually defend him. But instead you took out of game reasons to state why we shouldn't have even tried.

Did you talk about how the scumlist influenced your move earlier on as well?

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
uh, if you were still trying to get a solid bead on him up until that point why wouldn't you have let zen continue his thing in order to get a better read of jex? you had an opportunity as town to get some reads but you were like nah screw zen and screw reads obv

also, like ryker said, the bet about jexs' alignment is irrelevant; an excuse to justify things after the fact. i could make a bet with ryker right now about anyone's alignment and then push them and it would have no bearing on the game; that info might as well just not be there; for all you know it was just someone trying to get a read

also how do you have solid read on bardull and whoever the hell JD is? i almost feel like you're getting certain mafia games mixed up;

also please answer the questions in that one post i tagged you in
i really hate playing games with you because you're the only slot who seems to constantly misread everything i say and then think i'm scummy for it. at least you hopefully don't have a comp cop role that you used in some hidden n0. that'd be pretty awful.

i mixed jd up from another game. i'm really thinking of replacing out of one because i didn't expect to be in three games so quickly and it's ognna be a headache, even if monster should hopefully end soon.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
oh i forgot like part of that post mb

i really hate repeating myself so much but it's like i've been saying: i didn't trust it because it didn't seem genuine whatsoever. i moved too early, sure. i could've let it play out. that was my mistake. it doesn't change what i thought and zen didn't even seem to unvote until i moved in.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I would understand if Jex gave you a reason to read the slot one way and thought there could have been on reason for voting him, but at that point there was no reasoning along with it. There would have been no reason to actually defend him. But instead you took out of game reasons to state why we shouldn't have even tried.
i'm sorry i don't think starting a pressure wagon on a slot that has asked how to react in the past even in general situations is a worthwhile investment of your time.

Did you talk about how the scumlist influenced your move earlier on as well?
no. again, i had started writing a post but i didn't think pointing it out was necessary. turns out it was. you only have my word to go on but at this point, i don't have much reason to try lying.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Ok. What are your thoughts on Levi/Murder/Bunz/Jex?

Can you answer my question about the ran/zen thing where you were thinking it was ran and if noticing it was actually zen change some aspects of your case or not?

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Ok. What are your thoughts on Levi/Murder/Bunz/Jex?
working on a post about that right now.

Can you answer my question about the ran/zen thing where you were thinking it was ran and if noticing it was actually zen change some aspects of your case or not?
i'd be lying if i said it didn't but at the same time i don't think i'd put too much stock into it.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Ok, fair enough. On the second question, I'll come back to it if I feel the need tot hen. I was just wondering if it did. Thanks.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
i'm still trying to determine the alignment of both levi and murderbush. ryker has me so unbelievably frustrated at him at the moment that i want to just give in and call him scum as i think he's starting to reach hard for reasons to still call me scum and i think he's seriously misinterpreting my posts. thing is, as scum, he'd do that if he knew he could lynch me and he'd just sit on me all day until he just beat me into the ground with repetition; however, i don't see scumryker asking me questions like this:

Tell me straight. Why did you originally move on Zen? Why are you scrambling to justify it after the fact instead of coming out with your real reasoning in the first place?
to me it suggests that he's at least rethinking his read and making sure that he's right rather than simply seeing me go off the deep end on something ******** (lm, fl2). scumryker wouldn't give a **** because i'm fairly certain scumryker thinks he could steamroll me if he wanted to.

levi's harder to read because i have to dig through a lot of ****ing fluff to get to the meat of his posts. i don't see anything to insinuate he's scummy at the moment, despite that. the frustrated part of me wants to say this is a scum-fueled wagon but i have absolutely no reason to believe it and so i'm disregarding it.

someone asked me about my dabunz vote. it wasn't random in that i chose dabunz but it wasn't supposed to mean anything. i hate playing with dabunz. i hate reading dabunz. he's a ****ing nightmare to play with and i always seem to get him wrong. so in practically every rvs i just vote him because, and i quote, "**** dabunz". that said, i haven't been paying much attention to him but leviathan seems to think he's still suspect.

jexs is a town-lean. he says too little to outright call him town but i've seen enough to make me think that he's at least townie in comparison. he's a shallow thinker and doesn't react but i don't really think there was anything suspect about what he was saying or doing. i'll doublecheck his posts when i'm going back to look at dabunz.

:substitute;

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
i wanna make mention that i haven't like werekill's addition to the wagon. i don't like how he dragged his feet on me whatsoever at this stage in the game when there was practically no reason to.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i really hate playing games with you because you're the only slot who seems to constantly misread everything i say and then think i'm scummy for it. at least you hopefully don't have a comp cop role that you used in some hidden n0. that'd be pretty awful.

i mixed jd up from another game. i'm really thinking of replacing out of one because i didn't expect to be in three games so quickly and it's ognna be a headache, even if monster should hopefully end soon.
deal with it scrub; go ahead and replace out so we can get someone who doesn't constantly say you're "missing the point" to literally everyone who asks you questions about your play

you should get to those questions i asked you post 198 page 5 or whatever

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
man he asks a bunch of questions and **** and comes to the conclusion that jexs doesn't have scummy intent or something i dunno **** dabunz i'm making gorf read him from now on

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Expand on Werekill. Does this make you lean scum on him? If so, what makes his actions those of scum intent? I would also like Gorf's input on this.

On Dabuz, please do keep an eye on him. I want to see what you think of em. Still waiting on him to deliver more.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
deal with it scrub; go ahead and replace out so we can get someone who doesn't constantly say you're "missing the point" to literally everyone who asks you questions about your play
y'know you're a real asshole for a guy who cringes at arguments and negativity

you should get to those questions i asked you post 198 page 5 or whatever
i missed them

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
@ Protean- Protean-

is baiting a scumslip scummy? is that why are you voting ami? how is it different from gambit?

i feel like im missing a link in your logic here
like you keep making a point for me to get these and it's like i haven't already ****ing posted about this or some ****

gova i don't understand why you keep making me repeat myself and then tell me to replace out

like wtf

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Expand on Werekill. Does this make you lean scum on him? If so, what makes his actions those of scum intent? I would also like Gorf's input on this.
getting around to it, doublechecking jexs at the moment

On Dabuz, please do keep an eye on him. I want to see what you think of em. Still waiting on him to deliver more.
i mean it's not like i'm not gonna keep an eye on him i just hate dealing with him and am gonna rely on gorf to read him

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i literally only asked you once; all the questions aren't even the same; you shouldnt have been repeating yourself

the point im making is that you immediately assumed (to me in thread) that what zen is doing is scummy;

however; baiting a scumslip isn't something new; we've seen people do this all the time in the form of gambits; ie there's town motivation there to be had but i didn't see any reflection about why zen could be doing it as town from you; it looked like you jumped to him being scum

like others have said it looks like looking for a lynch and not for scum; which is scummy

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
@ Protean- Protean-

is baiting a scumslip scummy?
if it's taking advantage of a weaker player and trying to get an easy lynch, sure. i saw that as a possibility here, so i made note of it.

is that why are you voting ami?
primarily but not exclusively.

how is it different from gambit?
...do i really have to explain this

i feel like im missing a link in your logic here
i've explained this in various other posts, please do me a favor and just search my posts and find them, i'm trying to do legwork on other slots atm. if you wanna be that much of a **** i'll go and quote them for you afterwards.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
i literally only asked you once; all the questions aren't even the same; you shouldnt have been repeating yourself

the point im making is that you immediately assumed (to me in thread) that what zen is doing is scummy;

however; baiting a scumslip isn't something new; we've seen people do this all the time in the form of gambits; ie there's town motivation there to be had but i didn't see any reflection about why zen could be doing it as town from you; it looked like you jumped to him being scum
if i jumped to him being scum, why did i go to great efforts to describe him as null with a hidden agenda?

likewise i moved my own thoughts after i saw the second head come in, why did my read visibly change if i just wanted to call him scum?

like others have said it looks like looking for a lynch and not for scum; which is scummy
except this is exactly what i was trying to call him out on???

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i would say hidden agendas imply scumminess but not everyone will see eye to eye on that

funny you mention that; i'll for it later but i still dont understand how your read changed based on ran making like 2 posts or whatever before your read changed

oh? so now it's not about baiting a scumslip? i was under the impression thats what it was about

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
yeh i have jexs as a townlean. there's too little to call him straight-up town but he's at least considering his ami read the entire time based on what he knows. his thought process seems very shallow on a whole.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
i would say hidden agendas imply scumminess but not everyone will see eye to eye on that
┻━┻ ︵ :186:

oh? so now it's not about baiting a scumslip? i was under the impression thats what it was about
it was but it was baiting in the sense that it was trying to get him to make a mistake so he could lynch him, rather than lynching him because he thought he was scum.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Protein, what exactly about my mindset could you see that made you change your stance, btw?
it seemed like you were way more considerate of jexs on a whole rather than zen and were considering him based on what he was doing rather than off some "bet". your actions didn't seem premediated.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'll post stuff when I'm home. Reading through again while on the train. Phone posting isn't fun for me.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Naw change my mind, Werekill doesn't seem to be an issue. A flag was sent up because it seemed he was being really careful with his vote for no reason at this stage in the game but I don't think it's anything strong enough to look at. I can at least see where his read changes in the first place and, more importantly, why.

Top Bottom