• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
@Protein-: I'm just not trusting you. You see things that can be indictative of JexS scum but you seem to downplay it simply as 'bad' play. I also don't like your interaction with me when asking Dabuz why he hasn't been as wally and analytical as I'd like. I also feel that this push on J was coming out of your ***. You started it only because J forced the issue, you never brought it up on a re-read or anything. You were warming up to Levi and as soon as I dropped off you moved onto J.

As I said I'm cool with supporting his lynch if he lurks past this all. Even I have asked him questions that were concerning me and he has yet to answer those. But now you can see why I'm having pause with you.

MB is another story.

:substitute:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Damn Werekill way to turn my mind around on your slot.

And damn Ryker, way to lay out those facts.

I promise a post WILL come today.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I also don't see how you (both heads) see town play in Dabooze even though his presence is lacking.
I am notoriously bad at reading dabunz to the point that I start every game I'm in with him voting him with the simple reason of "**** dabunz". That said, I see town motive. It's nothing strong but it's there.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Well I need you to look at your original points on Protein-. You had him as suspicious but re-evaluated because you felt he was trying to start a dialogue with me. But that's not the vibe I get. It was a reaction. The 'wot'. It seem connection related. Plus I still feel that him liking me wasn't really timed well. I also want you to talk about Gorf sitting back too.

Tell me how his push on me compares with his play now I guess. I'll bring up more stuff later as I read.
how the **** is me saying "wot" to you randomly slapping a vote on jexs and saying he's scum "connection related" without it being related to "why him what the **** are you guys doing"

i don't get you sometimes

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
DAY 1, VOTING LIST
(2) Bunzy - Leviathan, Admidamaru,

(3) Leviathan - Bunzy, Murderbush, Bardull,

(1) Bardull - Arcane Inferno

(2) J - Protean, Werekill

Not voting - , J, Potassium, Gova, Jexs

with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynche
Deadline is July 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : Can you re-post your Protein- case but without the olde english vocab in there. Like normal english. Re-reading that but it would be helpful to have it in a way I can just read it quick to save time.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@ BarDulL BarDulL : Where you at. You said you'd be here. You were voting Levi because of 'unanswered questions' but why is your vote still in play? I need some current opinions from you.
@#HBC | J: Yo. Where you at.
@ Kantrip Kantrip : Are you caught up you lazy, busy person? Is it your girlfriend? ;o Thoughts on Dabuz/JexS/Protein?
@ Arcane Inferno Arcane Inferno : Yo come on. Where you at?
@ Gova Gova : How do you feel about Dabuz? What is your final conclusion on J?

GUYS WE HAVE UNTIL THE 19TH. START GIVING CURRENT OPINIONS ON THE GAME STATE.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'm not sure who I want to lynch that is not Bardull but I'm pretty sure he isn't going to get lynched today so I'll just wait till someone else convinces me of another lynch.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
I haven't gotten a chance to speak with @#HBC | FrozeηFlame yet. He seems to be inactive so I'll respond to the most important stuff now before I read up on the recent posts in detail later today.

@#HBC | Ryker

I have no objections with lynching J and I'm sure frozen would fully endorse such course of action. Consider me on the wagon in spirit until I get to read the last few pages. I wanna see if there's a chance to convince people that lynching Bardull's the right way to go first. I guess you're gonna have to talk with me if you want to know about our stances, at least until frozen shows up again.

@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan

Where have I been trying to 'set you up' as 'my scummate'?!? Because I have openly voiced you as a null read? I guess I'm also setting up Kantrip, dabuz, Jexs, Gova and Werekill as my 'scummates' then for reading them all as null so far? Are you really sure that point of yours holds any merit?
I don't really care if you like my support for lynches of Bardull and J lol. I've caught so many scumbags in my time of playing here since early 2009, whether you agree with my scumreads or not is literally of no concern to me unless I need your vote to make **** happen - and that's a scenario we're far away from right now.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
okay; finally got around to reading proteans thing on J; i can agree with it for the part regarding the reads ie; these guys are town everyone else can get lynched; pretty scummy;

what i assume is the crux of what the argument is; that he hasn't been doing stuff while he's in thread; which is fine in a vacuum; but it's not; at this point i feel it becomes more about meta; which is fine i agree that j doesnt seem to be playing like he usually does as town

i'll say though; that i think ryker's analysis of leviathans read post is more telling; for example the j read he mentioned where he didnt even explain what the differences were; and as ryker noted "j's town because reasons"

platitudes like that are scummy; same with all the crap when people says someone has bad/weak/crap reads but thats a rant for another time

so, vote leviathan; i will switch to j if that's the way the day steering

@ Gova Gova You listed two recent games of J where he played very differently and he was a different alignment in both games, between those games, which compares more to his play toDay if either compares?
uh; the newbie is more similar to his play here

@ Gova Gova : How do you feel about Dabuz? What is your final conclusion on J?
no strong feelings one way or the other towards dabuz

see above for j

Still rereading, and I am not a fan of this sentiment at all.
of course you wouldn't be; you're always quick lynched because of doing the same thing he did

:gova:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
of course you wouldn't be; you're always quick lynched because of doing the same thing he did

:gova:
Is that the reason why? I always wondered why I got a good bit of attention/votes D1, and even in Monster a couple people mentioned (specifically Mac iirc) said that my playstyle/slot is one they'll read as scum all game.

So that's the reason? I figured my playstyle was just odd or something but couldn't place specifics.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Is that the reason why? I always wondered why I got a good bit of attention/votes D1, and even in Monster a couple people mentioned (specifically Mac iirc) said that my playstyle/slot is one they'll read as scum all game.

So that's the reason? I figured my playstyle was just odd or something but couldn't place specifics.
pretty much; obv the first time was just random but then you freaked out; people kept doing it games after cause you kept giving the same reaction

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
pretty much; obv the first time was just random but then you freaked out; people kept doing it games after cause you kept giving the same reaction
Ahhh, ok. Thanks!

I'm actually trying my best to keep chill about it now. Like earlier when Amidamaru randomly voted me I almost went along the lines of "The **** dude? Why the **** are you even voting me?" but just took a few breaths and said what I did.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
frozen head here, massive work johns coupled with the fact that I blew my entire evening yesterday on a date followed by a smashfest that went late as ****. Ill be completely caught up by tonight though, you can hold me to that

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm a dirty liar posting from my phone at work.

Girlfriend/Munchkin and beer with friends/Planet of the Apes/currently moving houses/work johns

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
laundry and i think differently on the topic. i personally hold my same sentiments about levi as previously stated and have zero preference between who goes first of either j or levi. laundry absolutely feels j first though so i think talking to em will warrant a better dialogue.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
1.] Amidamaru, yes, I can. Can I ask why though? I don't want to lynch Protean- anymore and I don't see how treading back on old ground will be helpful to you?

2.] Arcane, I admit stating that you were setting me up as a scum mate was reaching on my part. That said, that does not change my discomfort with you lacking a read on my slot. I'm unlike Potassium, Bunzy, Gova, and Werekill in that I've had more pressure thrown my way [same with JeXs] and have been vocal; I would expect someone aligned with the Town to have some sort of bead on me at this point. You say you're unconvinced [one half at least] about me being scum but I have yet to see any promising push from you outside of BarDulL, and even that one hasn't seen you come alive like a town-aligned player who thinks he has a scumread that most players aren't noticing would.

3.] I want Town to note posts 816 and 825 by Bunzy in which he rides the coattails of other players to make his stances. I am creating a wagon out of self preservation? I'm trying to connect him and Protean- when I've already said they were individual reads and have since changed? Because I don't like talking about slots that I don't think should be lynched today? So on and so forth. The hollowness of these posts are enough to make trees jealous. Keep these in mind if I'm lynched today.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
So that I can be able to re-read your slot with what you said before, even if you don't believe it anymore. I'm reading Dabooze's and your posts, post by post. (Well yours, mostly the important ones)

Back to reading.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Protean- kept saying that you were baiting JeXs which I assume was you trying to make a newer player trip over his words as they are prone to do with which you could use to go at him. It bothered me because it seemed like such a stretch to believe that I thought it was dishonest and, therefore, likelier to come someone was scum than town. He said if you were really trying to read JeXs, that you would have stopped questioning him long before the point you actually did. This bothered me because your slot unvoted JeXs in response to the inquiries which contradicted his claim there.

That's the gist of it. Again, I don't want to lynch him due to events afterwards and actually hope he helps me out this day phase.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Alright thanks. What do you think of him pushing us early, instead of letting the interaction between me and JexS play out? You say that you felt him not taking the opportunity to jump you was towny of him, but couldn't it be him playing well regardless of alignment?

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Something that I've realized about the slot is that he tends to post his initial reaction to a lot of things; think of all the times we have seen "wot" or "this is bad" or "what is this" in the middle of a string of multiposts. So, when he jumped in there against you like that, it's consistent with him wanting to speak up immediately on something he found of value.

Yes, he could be playing well, but compare the gains and losses of my wagon at the time. If he joined the wagon, he would get away with it and he is smart enough to make himself look like a strong pusher of the wagon while the nulls/sheep join later largely behind him [like they are now with mUrDErBUSh] at which point he would be in a pretty good spot coming into D2. He would look better than most of the other players on the wagon and would have more at his disposal to wreak havoc on Town. Instead, he got at J and JeXs a little bit, hinted at a townlean on Bunzy, and questioned Arcane Inferno when virtually everyone else in the game was ignoring him. I got the sense that he isn't interested in taking the easy way out and is more invested in pressuring players to get a bead on them.

Yes, this could be him playing well as scum, but I generally find the above behavior more consistent with that of someone aligned with Town.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
1.] --------Various instances where he did small anti-town things. Ex: The whole deal with him calling Ami the village idiot.
----------Recent push to Arcane Inferno which looks like pure self preservation.[/spoiler]
1.] Please, I'd love to know what is distressing about calling someone a village idiot in the slightest.

2.] So, my plan as scum is to try and drum up a wagon last minute on someone that no one else suspects?

You can't believe 70% of the things you post in this game. And you said I was reaching.

Top Bottom