• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maven89

Smash Master
lmfao did you say the B word there
Yes

Introducing the cop who is secretly a vig and a mafia team whose night kills are randomized with the ability to kill themseves. Also a doctor who is secretly an independent lyncher but isn’t informed of his target, or even his alignment. Also every VT is a bomb, with a secret number of votes required to blow up

Join now

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yes

Introducing the cop who is secretly a vig and a mafia team whose night kills are randomized with the ability to kill themseves. Also a doctor who is secretly an independent lyncher but isn’t informed of his target, or even his alignment. Also every VT is a bomb, with a secret number of votes required to blow up

Join now
hey this sounds like a wolfie setup

also real talk: what do you all think about playing some small games that aren't Mafia? most of the games I'd have in mind to try bringing over here are p. easy to get a hold of.

D

Deleted member

They said they’re unavailable so it’s Bar and if he’s not then it’s Nabe. If none of them are ready then it’s you... are you ready in the chance none of them are?
I've been trying to get Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei to help me with roles for a while but I believe he's been busy.
All I'd really need is balamcing so if anyone wants to help me with it as a second co-host, I'd welcome it. Even if Swamp comes here soon enough, I already wanted two extra sets of eyes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've been trying to get Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei to help me with roles for a while but I believe he's been busy.
All I'd really need is balamcing so if anyone wants to help me with it as a second co-host, I'd welcome it. Even if Swamp comes here soon enough, I already wanted two extra sets of eyes.
I would if I didn’t also wanna play the game.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
praline praline Can you add me to the "yet to come" queue please? Theme is "These are things I like and you should too: Some boys allowed" I want to host a closed set up and I have some ideas rolling in my head

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Praline this might be an option if we need a small buffer before pokechu
I've got an open setup in mind that I'd like to try at some point too. Specifically this one, since it's similar to something I have in mind for another game, and it'd give me a chance to experiment and see how it works in practice. I should be ready to run it at more or less any time, and since there's no night phases, it should be able to fit into the downtime between full games. (though I'll let Giraffe go next since they posted first)

only potential issue is that the flavour I have in mind will probably be incomprehensible to most people here, but it won't matter since the flavour won't affect the setup

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'd offer to co-host for people since I was planning on taking a little time out from actually playing, but I dunno if I have enough experience with the game yet to be a useful judge of what might be too strong, or not strong enough. But I'm good at working out the possibilities that could arise from a particular situation or setup (see my Night King role PM from Game of Thrones mafia where I filled like two pages in a single day trying to calculate what would be my best chance of survival), so maybe that might be helpful?

Also I have no idea about anything for like 85%+ of the flavours in the current queue, but maybe that would actually be useful in some cases.

Also also, if we're going to have another break in the schedule, I could have the mini setup I mentioned before up like next week or so? I was toying around with some ideas for throwing in power roles since the setup as listed on the wiki is devoid of them, but I might just leave it as is.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd offer to co-host for people since I was planning on taking a little time out from actually playing, but I dunno if I have enough experience with the game yet to be a useful judge of what might be too strong, or not strong enough. But I'm good at working out the possibilities that could arise from a particular situation or setup (see my Night King role PM from Game of Thrones mafia where I filled like two pages in a single day trying to calculate what would be my best chance of survival), so maybe that might be helpful?

Also I have no idea about anything for like 85%+ of the flavours in the current queue, but maybe that would actually be useful in some cases.

Also also, if we're going to have another break in the schedule, I could have the mini setup I mentioned before up like next week or so? I was toying around with some ideas for throwing in power roles since the setup as listed on the wiki is devoid of them, but I might just leave it as is.
Go ahead

D

Deleted member

Would you want to help me with My Hero Academia Mafia?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I know I said I'd be ready to run it at any time, but since I made that post I started rewriting some stuff, and I have some uni stuff to clear out too, so I lied I'll need a few more days before I can actually put it up. If nobody else comes up with something before then, then I'll go ahead with it.

Would you want to help me with My Hero Academia Mafia?
Only if you let me include a Ragelope as a third-party serial killer
(I actually want to use this in something eventually :p )

I can have a look, but I hope your expectations of me aren't too high. :p

D

Deleted member

I know I said I'd be ready to run it at any time, but since I made that post I started rewriting some stuff, and I have some uni stuff to clear out too, so I lied I'll need a few more days before I can actually put it up. If nobody else comes up with something before then, then I'll go ahead with it.

Only if you let me include a Ragelope as a third-party serial killer
(I actually want to use this in something eventually :p )

I can have a look, but I hope your expectations of me aren't too high. :p
Just need some help balancing, that's all. I'll get my computer and send the roles

Maven89

Smash Master
hey this sounds like a wolfie setup

also real talk: what do you all think about playing some small games that aren't Mafia? most of the games I'd have in mind to try bringing over here are p. easy to get a hold of.
We’ve had some non mafia games in the past, you’re welcome to try some

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
AGame's would be fun and much easier to handle these days thanks to discord existing.
I wonder what Third has in mind. Hopefully, its fun

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I can help with balancing. Pm me

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not really.

This setup is intentionally unbalanced.

A Wolfie setup is an attempt at a balanced game, but with a handful of roles turning into sheer bastardery without realizing it until the graveyard complains :p
Nah a Wolfie game is trying to make a balanced game which turns out to be what Maven put.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe if Bar is unavailable are you?
My slot in the queue is actually Ace Attorney Mafia, which isn't ready just yet. Plus, I'm not eating any takeout right now, but me eating takeout is very relevant to running Pizza Mafia, so I can't run it at the moment.

On a completely unrelated note, put my entirely new, never-before-heard-of setup onto the end of the queue: Pizza Mafia II: The Gluten-Free Gambit! It's about pizza!

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
When's halloween party II #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe
The big game will start sometime between February and April. I don't want to eat up other people's game slots too much with a large private; I've hosted a ton already since the NZone invasion.

That being said, if there's call for it, I could run 9-13 people in Thanksgiving Party 2, the interquel bridging Halloween Party and Twin Christmas Parties 3+4.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I have another open setup I might run, in addition to the other one I mentioned. This one might go by a little quicker since it's got someone with a night kill, so I might run this one first. Could have it up by tomorrow (or even later tonight if I work quickly enough). :p

One quick question. Night PMs, yay or nay? It might not last long enough, or have enough players or roles, to matter, and I'm not sure if they worked too well in something like Pick your Poison, but if people like them I'll throw them in and we'll see how it goes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I kinda wanna play a game that only lasts like 2-4 phases.

I don’t know how it’d work though

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Assassin mafia lasted one phase. Maybe keep an eye out for round 2 of that.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I have another open setup I might run, in addition to the other one I mentioned. This one might go by a little quicker since it's got someone with a night kill, so I might run this one first. Could have it up by tomorrow (or even later tonight if I work quickly enough). :p

One quick question. Night PMs, yay or nay? It might not last long enough, or have enough players or roles, to matter, and I'm not sure if they worked too well in something like Pick your Poison, but if people like them I'll throw them in and we'll see how it goes.
For that setup I'd say no night Pms

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Moydow Moydow i think they had a little bit of an impact in pyp, but third koopa was the only one that really used them and over all the game probably would have been the same without them, so it’ll probably be the same in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom