• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
whoa are you an AiB alum and I've forgotten
i don't think i ever played that there but I played with him on NSider2 and we live in the same state.

he asked me a few months whether i'd host again or not and i was like 'uhhh' and then you got me back into it and i was like 'sure. the world needs more good ******* mods.' I told him and, once he found out I said DGames + Me modding, his interest was heavily piqued.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've got an open setup in mind that I'd like to try at some point too. Specifically this one, since it's similar to something I have in mind for another game, and it'd give me a chance to experiment and see how it works in practice. I should be ready to run it at more or less any time, and since there's no night phases, it should be able to fit into the downtime between full games. (though I'll let Giraffe go next since they posted first)

only potential issue is that the flavour I have in mind will probably be incomprehensible to most people here, but it won't matter since the flavour won't affect the setup

D

Deleted member

I remember seeing an open setup centered around two Scum factions, one consisted of two Strongmen and another of two Ninjas, and the only PRs Town had were two Trackers and Two Docs but I can't seem to find it right now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I haven't started my 5th(and probably final) Pokemon mafia game but I have pretty much decided what it'll be.

It's gonna be an FFA based off the pokemon contest part of Pokemon. I forget the name of it. Anyways it'll have atleast one gimmick that hasn't been in any of our games so far. Hmm... should I mention it? Yeah I guess I will.

There's 2 voting phases during the day. The first one is voting for a day winner who gets some kind of bonus during the next night and then there's the normal lynch vote where you can vote for anyone but the winner.

There will be the cuteness, coolness, toughness, cleverness and beauty appeals that will factor into the game.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I think there needs to be a Halloween-themed Mafia game soon.
Thought I'd drag this out of the PM since it's not related to the game.

Sorry! I had meant to start one, but I've been busy, and between PYP starting and Vaan's Christmas game, I don't want to run the community dry. So I'm going to be running my Halloween game somewhere between February and April, which I promise will make sense. One of my Halloween games ran at Christmas years ago, actually.

D

Deleted member

It might not be Halloween specifically but I'd be willing to run a small Castlevania Mafia at the end of the month if people were up to it.

D

Deleted member

Assassin in the Palace except the Assassin is a Belmont and the King is Dracula
we still need to finish at least one game of that, right?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Someone should host something else soonish though, spectating vaan’s game really has ignited my desire to play mafia again and I can’t play pyp because I’m hosting it

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
WAIT THAT'S THE SETUP I WANTED TO HOST THANK YOU FOR FINDING IT FOR ME **** YES WE'RE DOING IT

For those unaware, Dethy is a 4v1 game where the entire Town consisted of Cops, the catch is that they all have different modifiers(Sane, Insane, Paranoid and Naive)
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Dethy
It's a complete mess but it sounds real fun :p
Got a few other fun ideas for sure! I LOVE setups. Making them, hosting them, finding them...

Speaking of, 4/21 roles done. I'll tell you all when my sequel setup for VGM is done~

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd be ready but I actually have a little surprise in store for AC Mafia

I'll Slide In, gimme a sec >:^)
Well if Coricus isn’t ready, I think thirdkoopa is doing a pyp game right now so once that one is in the later phases you can make the topic for it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well if Coricus isn’t ready, I think thirdkoopa is doing a pyp game right now so once that one is in the later phases you can make the topic for it.
It ain't me. That's giraffelasergun giraffelasergun ; I've just been chatting up open setups (for myself and other people to host sometime) and Video Game Mafia II.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Coricus Coricus Pokechu Pokechu KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

Any of y’all ready to start some time next weekish?
Schedule's not gonna be reliable enough to host it, and I still need to work on the game (and I still need a co-host, lol) so please hold me over for another game or two. We'll see how my schedule is from there.

I'd also like to play a round in the DGames myself before actually hosting one, but I haven't signed up for one yet for similar reasons. I just haven't been sure lately if I'd be able to play reliably (in other words, actually show up and contribute often enough). Maybe I'll try and join the next one, I'm not sure.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Schedule's not gonna be reliable enough to host it, and I still need to work on the game (and I still need a co-host, lol) so please hold me over for another game or two. We'll see how my schedule is from there.

I'd also like to play a round in the DGames myself before actually hosting one, but I haven't signed up for one yet for similar reasons. I just haven't been sure lately if I'd be able to play reliably (in other words, actually show up and contribute often enough). Maybe I'll try and join the next one, I'm not sure.
Well when do you think you’ll be available that way I don’t keep tagging you everytime.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well when do you think you’ll be available that way I don’t keep tagging you everytime.
Hard to say, although I really don't want to cancel my plans for my first game. So....maybe November. Again, let another game go before me, next. Maybe one more after that, too. I'll shoot for mid/late November.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hard to say, although I really don't want to cancel my plans for my first game. So....maybe November. Again, let another game go before me, next. Maybe one more after that, too. I'll shoot for mid/late November.
Alright I’ll keep note of that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So does anyone want to be my cohost for Safari Zoned 2? Obviously I’m not gonna really start working on it until after Pokemafia 2 is done and vaanrose vaanrose and I are done with the Scooby Doo mafia.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
So does anyone want to be my cohost for Safari Zoned 2? Obviously I’m not gonna really start working on it until after Pokemafia 2 is done and vaanrose vaanrose and I are done with the Scooby Doo mafia.
;)

It's my time to Slide In

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
@hosts how do you feel about spectators liking posts when they don't know the setup?
If the post is non sequitur I think it's fine. There's a difference between someone liking a post that says something like "it's day 1 we have to lynch pokechu"/a reaction gif than someone liking a post that says "heres 6 reasons why X is mafia with 14 quotes by them that are no bueno"

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The only time I like serious posts that heavily pertain to the game is either when I'm playing in the game (and also alive) or if its postgame.
Otherwise I only like ****posts, reactions jokes, and stuff directed at me with an @ tag to show acknowledgement

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I used to not like it when people from outside the game liked posts (since it can affect gameplay to a degree), but ever since NZone came here, I’ve grown a lot fonder of the mentality that “if it’s a neutral post that is purely comedic/funny in nature, it’s fine.” Sometimes people cross over into non-neutral territory though (I have made this mistake a couple times as well unintentionally).

I sort of see it like an audience at a tournament. They’re gonna laugh and cry with the players, and for example, I kinda appreciate a “like” here and there when I am being a goose in-game. It’s a fun culture and gets people more invested IMO, but has its risks.

That said, and in the same vein, I feel that making neutral posts (in limited quantities) might be ok. I did this in BIM3 as well as PYP recently to lighten the mood a bit but also to possibly hype the players up lol. I think my posts were harmless but in a sense they can also affect game play so I probably won’t do it further if people don’t want me to. :<

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
If the post is non sequitur I think it's fine. There's a difference between someone liking a post that says something like "it's day 1 we have to lynch pokechu"/a reaction gif than someone liking a post that says "heres 6 reasons why X is mafia with 14 quotes by them that are no bueno"
I used to not like it when people from outside the game liked posts (since it can affect gameplay to a degree), but ever since NZone came here, I’ve grown a lot fonder of the mentality that “if it’s a neutral post that is purely comedic/funny in nature, it’s fine.” Sometimes people cross over into non-neutral territory though (I have made this mistake a couple times as well unintentionally).

I sort of see it like an audience at a tournament. They’re gonna laugh and cry with the players, and for example, I kinda appreciate a “like” here and there when I am being a goose in-game. It’s a fun culture and gets people more invested IMO, but has its risks.

That said, and in the same vein, I feel that making neutral posts (in limited quantities) might be ok. I did this in BIM3 as well as PYP recently to lighten the mood a bit but also to possibly hype the players up lol. I think my posts were harmless but in a sense they can also affect game play so I probably won’t do it further if people don’t want me to. :<
That all makes sense to me. I figured that that's where most people would land.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m greatly considering doing a Dark Souls mafia.

That could be fun... I won’t do it without a cohost though.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Recently no-lifed the games 999 and its sequel Virtue's Last Reward on the PS vita and have the final installment Zero Time Dilemma coming for the 3DS in the mail in the near future.

Definitely the kind of source material that could make for an interesting mafia game.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Recently no-lifed the games 999 and its sequel Virtue's Last Reward on the PS vita and have the final installment Zero Time Dilemma coming for the 3DS in the mail in the near future.

Definitely the kind of source material that could make for an interesting mafia game.
please please please please they are such good games

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

oh no

oh no

ohhhhhhhh noooooo

if you're serious about this, I can give you a good starting point. DM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom