• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia All Stars: In the end, it was Nothing Special

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also EE I wasn't omgusing you. That wouldn't even make sense if I were scum, because you didn't call me scum. You just didn't like that I liked the idea. I don't even think omgus is something that people do past their first mafia game. It's bad that people use that as a scum tell.

Tandora

Smash Rookie

I mentioned that because Zen was using the Too Townie fallacy, and specifically making meta-accusations, and it's my most recent game as a townie, where I showed blatantly similar/identical play. What the hell, Tandora.
Was just trying to not being hypocritical. Guess it came out wrong. *shrug*

i forgot why i chose os. but he was a loud voice who I thought was scummy for a certain reason. If i reread i'd probably remember. And EE just replaced in and i wanted to know whether I could trust him.

I killed scamp cuz he replaced someone who had barely said anything d1 so he was perfec vig fodder. Also I figured it'd be better to kill earlier rather than later.

and yea i think my tracker info was already out, unfortunately. I can still prove my ability if i need to.
Why did you choose Scamp over a player who at least contributed as compared to my predecessor who had not contributed at all? A completely nonvocal player was even more unreadable than someone who at least played a little in my opinion.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tan how come you've been lurking so much? I always see you on but not say anything.
Was working on a post when you made this.

Been thinking a lot, trying to keep up.

Swords was my original vote for the day. I've been pro-Mac since I came in. Zen's action on me didn't negatively affect me. People are just kinda going round and round until they convince themselves of what to do.

Waiting on my vote change since that would put Swords at L-2 and want to make sure we don't lose the day by an early lynch.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah if anybody else votes they're scum period. If you plan to contribute to the swords lynch, just say so. Also be sure to say which Plan you support.

Zen gets a town point. Finally.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Interesting things I would like to point out.

1. If Swords is a doc, why didn't he protect me N2? He has clearly stated that he thinks theres only 1 doc, why didn't he listen to town?

2. I'm probably going to die toNight since I don't have doc protect (in either plan). What happens if I die and Tandora dies?

3. I'm liking Zen less and less. What if he purposely targeted Tandora to prove to town he's a PR? That way when he claimed, he could have proof backing it and just play the dumb townie card to cover it up.

There also is the posibility of him being the cultist and by targeting Tandora, he could learn the power roles of her recruits and influence them via Tandy.

Pure speculation though.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
1. If Swords is a doc, why didn't he protect me N2? He has clearly stated that he thinks theres only 1 doc, why didn't he listen to town?
You're forgetting something. Zen had not claimed until D3, and i was V/LA N3.
I didn't follow directions because i didn't think mafia would try to kill someone who would be protected through what the majority of town said.

If you believe Zen was the doc, like so many people believe, why didn't he follow directions? Because he's scum, and isn't the doctor.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You're forgetting something. Zen had not claimed until D3, and i was V/LA N3.
I didn't follow directions because i didn't think mafia would try to kill someone who would be protected through what the majority of town said.

If you believe Zen was the doc, like so many people believe, why didn't he follow directions? Because he's scum, and isn't the doctor.
*ahem*

"DERRRRRRR I think imma smarter than alllllllllllllll a toawn. DER HUCK! Imma ignore specific instructions that as far as I nkow are just for me that town are relying on, and later I'll cause a huuuuuuuuuuge wifom scenario while I try ta convince 'em that I'm da smartest most bestest townie there is"

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Sorry guys, flew to Seattle for the weekend, but I'll keep checking my phone in case I need to shift my vote for any reason.

Mod, can we get a votecount?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 4 Final Vote Count
SwordsRbroken (6): Zεη, Macman, Evil Eye, Praxis, Tandora, Sephiroths Masamune
Praxis (1): Overswarm
X1-12 (1): SwordsRbroken

Not voting: X1-12, Lionel Luthor

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, December 5 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

SwordsRbroken (Hush, Batma(n)fia 2 -- vengeful doctor, town) has been lynched.

Day 4 ends. Night 4 begins.

Night actions are due Wednesday, December 8 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Praxis (The guy from Memento, Totally Normal Mafia -- anterograde amnesiac, town) has been killed. You can read his tattoos: "Night 1, Overswarm is innocent. Night 3, Evil Eye is innocent. Night 4, Tandora is innocent."

Sephiroths Masamune (Hornet Man, MegaMafia -- watcher, town) has been killed.

Night 4 ends. Day 5 begins.

Day 5 Vote Count
No votes.

Not voting: Overswarm, X1-12, Macman, Evil Eye, Lionel Luthor, Zεη, Tandora

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, December 19 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You say it like you didn't believe me. Not sure why there's 2 docs though. And possibly two Vigs. Someone should quote Praxis' role.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ahaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Praxis you beautiful *******! If I ever make it to one of these DGames meetups I'm buying you a drink or ten.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Lack of night two investigation is interesting. Note to self (and town): Look for breadcrumbs indicating a roleblock or the like on D3.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@Mac: So Swords was legit. What does this do to the makeup of the game, for you? How does this make you feel about Zen?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Guys, Macman is scum. I sent Praxis to recruit him because if he died we would get lots of helpful information.

Now we know I am town, OS is town, EE might be godfather, and Macman is scum.

VOTE MACMAN

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Praxis had the same role as Chaco from this game - http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8129413&postcount=812

This link goes to Chaco's death (which includes some flavor) http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8014967&postcount=691

Praxis was really scared that EE was a miller or godfather which is why I clarified that EE may be godfather in my previous post.

We choose me as Praxis' final scan to prove I was town mason. Now you know that information I am giving is legit and not a scum play.

There was no scan N2 because Praxis missed the deadline. It was on FF so it doesn't matter since he's dead. =D

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
OS could be a godfather too... scum godfather with a PR that counterbalances the Arsonist in a game with a stacked town is far from preposterous.

Regardless, it's not worth pursuing at this point. I figured Praxis would be the masoner last Night since he kept going on about how his death would serve to help us more than anything else. Surprised he got a N4 result despite his death though. Regardless, said death makes perfect sense.

I do think we've got either a godfather or two scum right now. KiKi makes balanced games, and a stacked town like this (with the potential for an even more stacked masonry) just couldn't be up against a mere three-man mafia with no godfather. A jan's a good role, but a jan and a goon and some other non-godfather PR? I don't buy it. It's not juicy enough for this ecclectic roster.

Four non-godfather mafiats just... also makes sense. Manpower is probably worth more to the mafia than a godfather when there's an arsonist and a town vig running about. This places the onus on good play (KiKi-tastic, that) while still taking the edge off.

Still want my earlier questions as well as a general "what do you have to say for yourself" to Macman.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EBWOP:

I glanced back and saw that Macman was the play in Plan B as well so I have no reasons to doubt this at all.

^I meant to ninja-edit that into my above post but it FAILED for some reason.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Heh yeah I ninja edit a LOT of posts in mafia games... I really need to break that habit as this was kind of inevitable sigh.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@Tandora: Why would Praxis be afraid I'm a miller? I'd already shown as innocent. Millers are townies that show guilty to investigations.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@Tandora: Why would Praxis be afraid I'm a miller? I'd already shown as innocent. Millers are townies that show guilty to investigations.
Were you shown as innocent before Praxis' flip? He didn't have any information from any of his scans because of his amnesia. Thus he had no idea who had read as what while alive. Since your role had previously been a godfather, he was worried that it might have been modded into a miller instead. So, in short any readings we got from you would be mucked.

Top Bottom