• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

I had been expecting you to use it for the smashfests for the remainder of the year, so that's the main reason I never bothered to ask for it back.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can bring 2 tvs again tonight, someone just needs to bring an extra cube / a PS3. Sanchaz are you going tonight?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I think john made my day when we were having dante dittos having intellectual conversations about pizza, indeed, hahahhahahhahahhahahh.

For mvc3/smash tournament info. Ace get that **** up! we need to let people know, and also include a n64 tournament to please, I need vengance. urrgghhhh! As far as the Mvc3 stuff, I'll figure it out this weekend.

mundungu: yea, I'll work on dog tricks, as well as zero starters, its been a while, I don't think I can play dante, maybe weskar, but I need to practice a lot more before I play again

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Who's going to run Smash 64? And do you really think we should get info up this early? I was thinking like late June.
lol, r u nuts, lonejedi set up his tournament 6 months in advance, setting it up early would let people know wayyyy in advance so they can't john about it, its never too early to set up a tourney, but if your busy and stuff, like mid or late may is legit. I just don't want you to set up the tourney like the last one where no one knew about it.

and the n64 will be more of a joke tourney, 5 dollar entry, I was thinking like maybe freshmen will see this, then get interested in melee. ohhhh. that would be pretty cool. its really easy to set up, I'll talk to another tournament host to for like techinical issues, if thats what your worry about. running muitiple tourneys isn't much harder, I will definitly help. I will talk more later, stupid paper!!!

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Okay, I can post the tournament info soon then, although I won't be able to confirm the venue until like 2 weeks before the tournament. What should the back to school tourney be called?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can run N64 and Marvel at the tourney no prob. Sanchaz I think you have my PS3 chord. This one def isn't mine since it doesn't even reach my couch.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
sounds like a plan ace, why can't the venue be confirmed, can't we just reversed in advance???

Mundungu: SKELETOR!!!

AND GUYS!!! robocop is awesome, you guys got to watch that movie, it looks pretty cool

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Robocop taught me that Detroit is a dump and that you can defeat robots by walking down stairs. Also, lol mutations in 10 seconds from toxic waste.

And Mundungu can you post a link to MvC rules I can paste in the tournament thread? And how much is entry fee?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Rules are very simple. It should just be something like this (taken from UFGT rules):

Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Default settings. 2 out of 3 matches. Loser may change characters/assists. Winner cannot change characters or assists (character lock). Both players may alter their order by holding A1 or A2 during loading.

Basically, it's just best of 3, and loser can change characters. We might want to make it 3 out of 5 though, not sure yet. Let's say 2 of 3 for now.

Entry fee should be $10.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I'm going to move the date to September 3rd so as not to conflict with a Wisconsin anime convention like last time. Next week I'll see if I can reserve this far in advance, but I'm not optimistic.

Mundungu, let me know when you figure out your summer schedule.

That reminds me, what exactly do I have to do to get us carson's? You mentioned something about talking to Corrine for funding? But I suppose that's a bridge to burn once I move in.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
"A bridge to burn" is definitely the wring euphemism here...

All you have to do is go into her office and say you want to reserve upper Carson's for your student organization on September 3rd from 11 AM to 11PM. If necessary, assure her that several of us live in the dorms. I'm going to try to do this myself, but I don't now if I'll be able to for next year already.

I plan to have everything in order by next week.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
**********!!!!!!!!! I thought the venue was taken care of, urghhhhh. If there are any problems with this tourney, let me know guys. We are hosting 4 different tournaments, which the midwest (chicago and maybe chexr) will be coming to on a monthly basis. This will be great. The smash community and the 2d-fighter communitty will unite, and kick ***! seriously.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm still not really sure what my schedule will be. Right now, let's assume I can play any day starting in June.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Sam, I might be able to play next week Thursday or so, which is the 2nd. Unfortunately I'm pretty busy till then. I'll let you know what's going down next week.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
vegeta, what does the scouter say about the amount of views on this thread???........ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Do you think more of the new guys (I'm talking about people like Brian, Adam, and Tyler) would come to the back to school tournament if the entry was $5? Or would that drive away the good players like Chicago?

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
Do you think more of the new guys (I'm talking about people like Brian, Adam, and Tyler) would come to the back to school tournament if the entry was $5? Or would that drive away the good players like Chicago?
$5 isn't too bad, although a lot of college kids play the "I'm a broke college student card".
I'd say it's definitely doable.
Why would it drive away Chicago? Not enough money for Kels to win? :p

Top Bottom