• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

ORLY

Smash Master
Big Steve money making an appearance!

Who's all coming to smashing grounds on the 7th? It's gonna be awesomeee

:phone:

john!

Smash Hero
Falco vs Falcon is a completely fair and balanced matchup which may even be in Falcon's favor because of very genuine reasons such as his name has an extra letter and because he is a captain, whereas Falco needs to wait for clearance from Fox before doing battle.
lol i knew you were trolling about character matchups being overrated!

Damn this thread moves fast.

Btw, Shiek is female. Word.

the mlp thread has like 5000 posts in a month

sanchaz your roommate sounds like a douche

LOL JK i didn't actually send this from my phone. mindgames son

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Actually I've been dealing with how surprisingly (and somewhat frustratingly) balanced melee is. Most people I can beat with Roy who I (probably) would have beaten with peach. Frank is relatively accurate with that statement. Check the Wintergame fest finals videos. Mango vs PP is surprisingly close as CF v Falco, and when Mango switches to falco to get a better matchup, the games don't change a huge amount.

Although I tend to be one of the more rare people who play all characters at almost exactly the same level of mediocrity.

Sam, were you CGing his bowser 0-90 with sheik? If you did that your record probably would have been better than 6-3.

And the real reason I came into this thread:
Someone play Monster Hunter Tri with me online.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I didn't chain grab at all, I didn't think it would work. Bowser looks so weird when he's in his fall animation.

I need to work on my Shiek-on-Sheik (hot) chaingrabbing as well as the chaingrab on Ganon.

ORLY

Smash Master
Sheik's chaingrabbing is all about reacting to DI quickly and adjusting accordingly. Get used to reading it off of the first few frames after the grab, giving you plenty of time to get that next one.

@Exarch: I wanna see that Roy (and all of the Milwaukee area (Yes, especially Quaz)) at this next Smashing Grounds on the 7th.

I know I keep bringing it up but I'm jonesing to play so bad.

Sam, were you CGing his bowser 0-90 with sheik? If you did that your record probably would have been better than 6-3.

And the real reason I came into this thread:
Someone play Monster Hunter Tri with me online.
I do not have the game. I assume it is ok?
I didn't chain grab at all, I didn't think it would work. Bowser looks so weird when he's in his fall animation.

I need to work on my Shiek-on-Sheik (hot) chaingrabbing as well as the chaingrab on Ganon.
Sam is hot for ninjas >_>
@Exarch: I wanna see that Roy (and all of the Milwaukee area (Yes, especially Quaz)) at this next Smashing Grounds on the 7th.

I know I keep bringing it up but I'm jonesing to play so bad.
You do know exarch is no longer in wisconsin. Or do you simply not care that he is in florida now :p

I wished I had the time to play that often.
I'm keeping that roy legacy going every so often.

But, I do not have the game.

ORLY

Smash Master
wait what? when and why did you do that

tell rockcrock i say what's up

EDIT: assuming he still lives there. i can't keep track of you guys and your wacky migration habits

sanchaz

Smash Lord
yea seriously exarch. I don't want to hear this "it's flu season" nonsense. I'll get ya some medicine and I expect to see that roy today.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yea, I meant tonight, not last night. I'll be there all night.

Exarch, Gibby and I play MH3. Let me know sometime when you want to play. I'm on vacation for the next couple weeks!

Sanchaz, you have a ps3? That would work out even better.

"Memorial Union Rosewood Room, which is on the third floor West side."
^ For Mundungu and TheDude

That's the location of the smashfest that sam sent out in an email.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
hahahahaha ps3.

Sorry guys, I reeeeally need to study for exams so I won't be able to make it this week either.

@Chris I moved once I no longer had a job. FL has all my immediate and almost all my direct extended family, so this state is really "home" for me. WI was kinda too far from them, and I'm definitely not complaining about the change in the weather either. But I miss y'all up there, doncha know?

@Matt, Awesome! I'm planning on being online quite a bit the next couple of days, but for me to be online I have to use the wired internet for this computer--so get at me on AIM or Skype whenever, I'll be around all day.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
If Midwest can't be the best players, we must become the best trolls.

Except Frank, he's the next Mango. Pound 6 is where the reign starts!

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
If Midwest can't be the best players, we must become the best trolls.

Except Frank, he's the next Mango. Pound 6 is where the reign starts!
Ah yes, the ancient proverb.
"If you can't beat them, troll them."

John can be the Fly Aminita to Frank's Scorpion Master. It'll be dope.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Frank has bad habits, and gets nervous in tournaments, he won't be the next mango for at least 3 months.

Mundungu: I wish I could of played you yesterday in mvc3. I'm just been super tired with social work, and yes, it does exists. good luck at your next tourney, gg's to the john dude to. and lmao with john9blue raging at john. hahahaha.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
ace: pick a date for another tourney, and PLEASE the sooner the better, this way, people will know about the tourney in advance and can make arrangements to make it. Once you do, I want to have mvc3 people to come as well, I want to run that part 100%. Let me know whats up, and talk to spikes/lonejedi so tourneys don't conflict

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
September 10.

I'll run Melee, YoshQ or somebody will run Brawl, Sanchez will run MvC3. Erik needs to go through Corrin to get funding as soon as he moves in August 25 or whatever. The venue will be the same as last time. We can start advertising in June if you want.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
September 10.

I'll run Melee, YoshQ or somebody will run Brawl, Sanchez will run MvC3. Erik needs to go through Corrin to get funding as soon as he moves in August 25 or whatever. The venue will be the same as last time. We can start advertising in June if you want.
lol, why not now, seriously, or at least like after finals is done. That sounds like a great date, a way to start off the school year. let me know if thats official so I can figure out the rules in mvc3.

OMG, I want that room to be filled with sooooooo many people

ORLY

Smash Master
why not have it like a month before genesis

no reason to make it in september, that's way too far away

Top Bottom