• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

ORLY

Smash Master
if it helps ease your decision, john, SG will have IN and some less seen IL members such as reneblade and the long lost peoria crew

no pressure!

john!

Smash Hero
i'm going to be in il but only because i have to do this 6 hour driving school on saturday because i was tired a year ago and swerving a bit and some cop thought i was drunk and pulled me over for going 10 over like everyone else on the road.

bleh

ORLY

Smash Master
the ticket was a year ago and you're just -now- going to traffic school?

i had traffic school many moons ago and completely forgot the circumstances, but.. this seems like a long gap.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
lol. i cant laugh at john though as i even dont have my licence. HA!

john!

Smash Hero
i forgot to do it during the first 6 months and got an extension cuz i was at school most of the time

but OMFG GUYS

i found out that everyone at my job gets a free summerfest ticket

**** yeah

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Don't worry about it Dude, Wes and Mundungu both have one.

YoshQ, sorry, but I'm only here for 2 days and I don't get to spend time with my family very much, so I won't be able to play.

Keranata

Smash Rookie
Hi there, I've been playing 2d fighters (street fighter / marvel / etc...) for awhile with Mundungu and I've decided to play melee. I'm just starting so I have to work on basic stuff but I'm really good at other 2d fighters so I imagine after some work I'll be good at smash. I'll post more when I'm not trash at melee, if anyone has any advice I'm open to any you care to offer.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Hi there, I've been playing 2d fighters (street fighter / marvel / etc...) for awhile with Mundungu and I've decided to play melee. I'm just starting so I have to work on basic stuff but I'm really good at other 2d fighters so I imagine after some work I'll be good at smash. I'll post more when I'm not trash at melee, if anyone has any advice I'm open to any you care to offer.
you should go to the fest this saturday

Keranata

Smash Rookie
you should go to the fest this saturday
This Saturday doesn't work for me :(
I'm going to a Milwaukee tourney for Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Arcana Heart 3. That's fine though, I need to practice all the basic advanced techniques, I've only ever played smash very casually so I don't know how to do anything like Wavedashing, L-canceling or anything like that yet.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Alex you should def come to the fests we run in Madison on thursdays. They will be starting up again next semester.

I managed to get a capture device recently. The video quality is a couple of shades less than perfect, but it is still pretty good. I'm lacking a y-splitter for audio, so not sure how great it will turn out. But we can definitely record if Matt cannot get his stuff working again. Might even be able to get you your commentary Sam. Hell, maybe even try streaming for kicks, but it would be really laggy.

Look forward to playing everyone in a couple of months.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
ignore that wavedashing bs, this is what you have to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSQuhzHE5ww

its a move that the crowd wants: they are like dante combos's, :D so manly.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
bowsers dthrow does no damage to puff and G&W. Their light weight makes the throw faster so it skips the hitbox frame. 2 bowsers can dthrow back and forth and puffs % will never change so the knockback is fixed.
puff for negligible tier in teams.

john!

Smash Hero
bowsers dthrow does no damage to puff and G&W. Their light weight makes the throw faster so it skips the hitbox frame. 2 bowsers can dthrow back and forth and puffs % will never change so the knockback is fixed.
puff for negligible tier in teams.
yeah but they would squish jigglypuff too much and she would eventually run out of air or pop

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
We need to get a smashfest this summer with everyone who's still in Madison. I wish I could do it, but I don't have a Smash TV. And the one Wes has is over 100 pounds.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can smash sometime this week. I might as well just have people over here since we have a bunch of TVs for it already. I know we can get at least 4 people together, since we have so many people now.

Does Tuesday / Wednesday work for you Sam / Alex?

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Wednesday I don't have anything, Tuesday I have work until 9 PM.

And who is all in Madison now? Me, Mundungu, Wes, Dude, Keranata (Alex?)?

TheDude_Abides

Smash Cadet
Wednesday is a decent day for me. Tuesday and Thursday are occupied 6-10, and Saturday I'm busy 4-8. My house could work, but currently I only have room for one setup. Also, I live in Middleton off of Century, near the Family Video. Not sure where you are all at, that might be too far (its about 15-20 minutes to the union from my house.)

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Wednesday is a decent day for me. Tuesday and Thursday are occupied 6-10, and Saturday I'm busy 4-8. My house could work, but currently I only have room for one setup. Also, I live in Middleton off of Century, near the Family Video. Not sure where you are all at, that might be too far (its about 15-20 minutes to the union from my house.)
just like to say that picture is pretty badass. what do you do doing the summer dude?

Keranata

Smash Rookie
I live in Middleton too, right by northside

It would be funny if we knew eachother

Top Bottom